Rey Mysterio wins World Heavyweight championship

I'm a fan of Mysterio and felt he was deserving when he walked out champion. But he is merely a replacement. Had Taker not have gotten injured do you think Mysterio would be champion right now? Not a chance in hell. Rey wouldn't have even been in this match if The Undertaker didn't get injured.

He is going to be running as the top face champion until The Undertaker comes back in which he will likely drop the belt directly to Taker or to a transitional heel champion who will go on to drop it Taker. This reign is a lucky one, since SmackDown's top face is gone so they had to go with the "next best choice".

At least this time he won it for being the draw that he is, instead of just winning over sympathy for his friend's death. Let's just hope this reign doesn't involve him going up against a bunch of monster heels.

Seriously?

Pro wrestling is not real wrestling! Weight classes and legit fights are for amateur wrestling and UFC. Mysterio has always been painted as the hard worker with innovative offense that the bigger men aren't used to. I'm fairly sure that getting someone's feet drilled into your face at high speeds is going to hurt no matter the size of you and your opponent.

The "Heavyweight" part of "World Heavyweight Championship" is just a name. It signifies nothing in a scripted sport. And I never saw people complaining about Rey winning the IC title, despite it supposedly being for heavyweights as well.

I'm fairly sure that getting someone's feet drilled into your face at high speeds is going to hurt no matter the size of you and your opponent.
This. But not only this.

Do we really think Mysterio, throwing his weight around a high speeds, can't get some leverage over guys like Orton, or Punk, or Jericho, or Edge, or Angle? If he was slamming them around like he's a super heavy, you might have a point. But he hits them with his brand of offense, and they sell his struggle to hit it powerfully enough against the largest guys in the company. Where's the issue? I've never seen it. Especially because it's pro-wrestling.

Of course the selective suspension of disbelief that we see these days looks to be strong enough to kill another Mysterio title reign on the lanch pad. Thrilling.

The "Heavyweight" part of "World Heavyweight Championship" is just a name. It signifies nothing in a scripted sport. And I never saw people complaining about Rey winning the IC title, despite it supposedly being for heavyweights as well.
Well, people did complain about Rey with the IC belt. Not because of his size, but an equally stupid reason. See, Mysterio, one of the biggest draws in the company, desired a lengthy reign with a singles belt the likes of which he hadn't had in three years while restoring credibility to the belt. He was willing to drop to Ziggler eventually. Never believe that wasn't the case. But evidently, using one's political stroke, even if it's the right move for business, is read around these parts as "Mysterio trying to bury Ziggler!"

The company having him drop to Morrison is an often overlooked fact. Just doesn't fit the story. So the nay-sayers have a good story until people actually think about it.

A fact. During Rey Mysterio's first run as World Heavyweight Champion, the "Heavyweight" part was never used. The graphics only said "World Champion" and he was always referred to as such by the commentators and ring announcers. Him as champion now, is as good a time as possible. Because of the guys in the roster. The only people he shouldn't wrestle with would be Kane, who's distracted with the SES. The Big Show, who's a face. Or the Undertaker. Who's not around. The only big men in the roster that he should avoid. I'm sure he can be a good champion this time because of the people available to work with. Its not like last time when everybody was 300 pounds and 7 feet tall. Back then it was a "Cinderella Story". This time, he's just another champion. Which is what I'm hoping. There isn't any "come from behind story" crap. He's just another guy. I want him as champion now. Get it over with now when they have a good chance to book a good reign.

Wrasslin is FAKE. Can't you understand this? Weight divisions in a FAKE sport is nonsense, stupid, and just plain ******ed. How can you possibly want ralism in a fake sport when we have The Undertaker doing the silly stuff he does every week. The current Taker storyline is cheesy and stupid, but it's an entertainment show, not a sport. Mysterio is by far the biggest draw on Smackdown. He is the most important superstar on Smackdown (more important than the Undertaker, whether you want to admit it or not... the Hispanic market has become a top priority for the WWE). It's about damn time Mysterio got a second title reign. This isn't a real sport, this is the (fake) wrasslin business.

There's no hiding the fact. Rey is developing into the "Superman" that we all hated Cena for becoming. What does Rey do that is that entertaining? Nothing. Does anything he does look believable? No. Does he have a finisher that looks like it could actually take someone down for the count? No. Does he deserve the title? Guess my answer.

Rey is champion because kids love him, and because of that he's too much of an "asset" for WWE to lose. He bitches and talks about leaving; he becomes champion. Now he's the feelgood face champion who no hardcore wrestling fans will like to watch, who will bury anyone more deserving and will eventually become the enemy of IWC.

Rey Mycenio.

And yet again here we go. We've probably been hearing this sort of thing since people like Rey were even allowed into the WWE. I mean, seriously, if we're going to ban people like Rey from any of the championships, we might as well go back to the way wrestling used to be: nobody under six-foot-four and steroided up to their eyebrows so that they can barely even move beyond a slow stomping walk. Frankly, if we people the WWE completely with gigantically bulging Mr. Universe contestants we will have the most boring matches in the history of public fighting. And, if only these people are allowed to win main event championships, the whole thing is going to become so predictable that it won't even be worth watching. (I know that some will say this has already happened, in which case I'd like to question why they are still watching, hmmm?)

As for Rey not being a heavyweight and not being believable winning against heavyweights and superheavyweights, I think that these people might want to consider people such as Chuck Norris, Bruce Lee, Floyd Mayweather and various others. These guys are perfectly capable of taking on people much larger than themselves and winning in legitimate fights. You think size is the only factor? Try being a big person and mixing it up with a smaller person who knows exactly where to hit and how hard (and I'm not even talking about the groin, which is universal. A truly skilled fighter doesn't necessarily need to go there.)

The point is that Rey is one of the WWE's hardest working and longest running gladiators and has been able to carry the ball through a ton of very personal and interesting story lines. I'd make the case that if he was perhaps half a foot taller (wouldn't even need to be heavier) he'd have already been a main even champion four, maybe five times over. I think that those who dislike him can suck it up and deal with him holding a main event championship two measly times.

In conclusion, Chris Jericho isn't exactly Mr. Big, is he? He's not really that much larger in height or bulk than Mysterio, is he? Hmmm? And nobody's complaining about how many times he's held the heavyweight championship, are we? Could be just that he's a heel. As a rule, the IWC marks out for heels far more often in my experience.

Long live the Master of the 619!

I find it to be an absolutely awful move by WWE, sure Rey Mysterio is incredibly over and the face of SmackDown right now, but it doesn't make it a believable victory.

Rey went against big guys, some that a man his size legitimately would be crushed by, and would never be heard from again, Rey winning this match, and even going toe to toe with them all in all destroys the legitimacy of both the wrestlers involved, and the outcome of the match.

Rey Mysterio can certainly give credibility to the championship through having great matches, but CM Punk and Jack Swagger, hell Big Show could as well, and they would have come off more legitimately because of their size compared to the opponents in the ring.

I'm not fond of this, I've never liked Rey Mysterio that much, he's not boring as I stated in the thread about whether he was or not, but he's just not legitimate, he's not that entertaining, and all he has is flippies, a mask and a fancy name for a finisher, which isn't even that fancy, but the kids think so.

There's no hiding the fact. Rey is developing into the "Superman" that we all hated Cena for becoming. What does Rey do that is that entertaining? Nothing. Does anything he does look believable? No. Does he have a finisher that looks like it could actually take someone down for the count? No. Does he deserve the title? Guess my answer.

Rey is champion because kids love him, and because of that he's too much of an "asset" for WWE to lose. He bitches and talks about leaving; he becomes champion. Now he's the feelgood face champion who no hardcore wrestling fans will like to watch, who will bury anyone more deserving and will eventually become the enemy of IWC.

Rey Mycenio.
Someone appealing to higher ups to do the right thing is now a negative?

Winning matches using the match formula that just about every WWE face throws down now makes him Superman?

A top face and a man who keeps WWE significant south of the border doesn't deserve the belt?

Do you have any idea what you're taling about?

And Ferbs, going on about legitimacy helps nobody, because most people's standards regarding that are completely inconsistent. So, we don't guy Rey's offense but we buy scrawny ass old man HBK running over peope younger and more threatening than him, we buy Taker's "old school" move, we buy guys punching eachother square in the head for twenty minutes... Why? Why rant about realism when things like this are an institution in wrestling in 2010?

People's faulty logic and inconsistent standards are going to kill another Mysterio title reign. It's a crime, but I can feel it coming.

I find it to be an absolutely awful move by WWE, sure Rey Mysterio is incredibly over and the face of SmackDown right now, but it doesn't make it a believable victory.

Rey went against big guys, some that a man his size legitimately would be crushed by, and would never be heard from again, Rey winning this match, and even going toe to toe with them all in all destroys the legitimacy of both the wrestlers involved, and the outcome of the match.

Rey Mysterio can certainly give credibility to the championship through having great matches, but CM Punk and Jack Swagger, hell Big Show could as well, and they would have come off more legitimately because of their size compared to the opponents in the ring.

I'm not fond of this, I've never liked Rey Mysterio that much, he's not boring as I stated in the thread about whether he was or not, but he's just not legitimate, he's not that entertaining, and all he has is flippies, a mask and a fancy name for a finisher, which isn't even that fancy, but the kids think so.

So what do you want Rey to be? A jobber that loses every match because a man of his size doesn't look believable wrestling against guys bigger then him. His in-ring work is more entertaining than 95% of the WWE roster and more better than anybody on Smackdown. A guy Rey's size isn't going to be a technical master. I guess you look down on cruiserweights as a whole.

The last time I was a fan of Rey Mysterio was back in WCW when he was wrestling in the Cruiserweight division. It was fast-paced excitement. In WWE, I never liked him. Over the years, I found him to be annoying and unwilling to lose (yes, I understand the whole small size/big heart ordeal but come on). Most recently he scored wins over Jack Swagger and CM Punk with neither of these men getting any kind of win over Rey Mysterio worth noting. Rey Mysterio is a good wrestler. Some of his offence looks stupid such as the springboard into drop splash. When he won the WHC for the first time, I let it slide 'cause of Eddie Guerrero. Going into this Fatal 4-Way match and winning the WHC for a second time though? I hated it at first. It also got me raising questions such as, "How could he win another WHC when he's just a damn Cruiserweight?" or "Why didn't CM Punk win it?" Then I started thinking...the weight classes in pro wrestling don't make any sense and goes into a whole other field of endless questions such as the WORLD title reigns (technically anyone who has held a title with WORLD in front of it is a World Champion, so where are the limits and respective distinctions?). In boxing, you can be a Light Heavyweight Champion and be referred to as World Champion, but in pro wrestling, you're not referred to as a World Champion even if you've held the Cruiserweight title. It's best not to think about it.

And as far as his matches against bigger opponents are concerned? At first I thought it was unbelievable too...but for a guy with his agility and speed, it's not that unbelievable that he can defeat bigger (and much slower) opponents. His match against Luke Gallows for example was believable, because Rey was hitting him so fast from all angles and outsmarting him. So am I against Rey Mysterio being WHC again? I'm lukewarm about it now. I definitely prefer other guys holding the title, but it's not much of a problem to me anymore as it initially was.

You know what... I'm going to side with Coco on this one. Look, guys, at the very least, you're going to get main event matches on a consistent basis from now on, and they're actually going to be good to great matches. Swagger was pretty good in the ring, but he had a habit of throwing in some clunkers. See; his match with MVP, his match with John Morrison. Now, I guess that has to do with him working with shit wrestlers, but Swagger had a habit of having some lousy matches as WHC. Mysterio, at the least, guarantees a good show for the fans.

And in this case, I'll go against the best post opposing me. And IC, in this case, that goes to Ferbian. The rugged bastard.

Well, let's look at the shenanigans that occurred in Rey's win, shall we? If you remember, it was actually Punk that was in control of Swaggie. He'd hit the GTS, and then Kane came out and did his whole schtick. Rey hits the 619 on a Swagger already hit with the GTS, and then that splash. What's so unbelievable about that? The small guy snuck the victory in. If anything, the title victory actually makes sense. They didn't make Rey out to be a juggernaut, he won he match after two finishers were hit on Swagger. CM softened him up, and Rey took advantage. If anything, it really is believable how Rey Mysterio won.

Maybe Show would have crushed Rey. But Show wasn't involved in the finish, remember. Besides, by your logic, everyone except Swagger should have been crushed by the Big Show. And Swagger has already proven he can't beat Show.

Your winner and new champion, The Big Show. Pardon me for containing my excitement.

First of all, Show could probably give you decent to average matches at best. Swagger's reign has been an abortion, really, as I think he lost more than any champion. He'd have good matches, but also lose. And you don't want your champion losing.

Punk I'll concede. But given the shenanigans that occurred, Punk wasn't winning. And if this leads to the SES VS. The Undertaker in a legitimate feud, I'll be happy.

And great matches. At the least, he'll be champion for only a month. From a wrestling standpoint, I fail to see what's wrong.

Now from a backstage standpoint? Oh, this is absolute poison. But I discuss that elsewhere...

Rey Mysterio is a great choice to be the champion on Smackdown for so many reasons.

Originally Posted By Proof: Wrasslin is FAKE. Can't you understand this? Weight divisions in a FAKE sport is nonsense, stupid, and just plain ******ed. How can you possibly want ralism in a fake sport when we have The Undertaker doing the silly stuff he does every week.

This is true. I'll admit there has been so many times over the years that Rey Mysterio has beaten men twice his size (see Kevin Nash, Big Show, Kane etc) that it sickened me. However, recently I've taken a less critical approach when viewing wrestling, people have to understand that all this is simply for entertainment. The fact that we're all on here discussing WWE depth is evidence that we probably take this all too seriously.

A while ago, I would have been pissed at Mysterio being made champion but now I'll happily endorse WWE's choice to make him champion as he's an exciting wrestler (I refuse to accept otherwise as he puts on consistantly exciting matches on a near weakly basis), he's very over with the 'WWE Universe', he shifts the merch and is very marketable and of course, he is very important in promoting the WWE's product to the Hispanic audience. And people say he's a poor choice for champion? Pfft....wake up and undertand that wrestling is worked for our entertainment, this is not a sport. And for the record, from an in ring stand point especially, I find myself very entertained by Rey Mysterio and he'll certainly not annoy me while he's champion.

Originally Posted By Ferbian: I find it to be an absolutely awful move by WWE, sure Rey Mysterio is incredibly over and the face of SmackDown right now, but it doesn't make it a believable victory.

Maybe not a believable victory, no, but in pro-wrestling, especially WWE being incredibly over and the face of a brand is more than enough to justify someone as a champion. I honestly believe now more than ever, that Rey is a great choice to be World Heavyweight Champion.

Maybe not a believable victory, no, but in pro-wrestling, especially WWE being incredibly over and the face of a brand is more than enough to justify someone as a champion. I honestly believe now more than ever, that Rey is a great choice to be World Heavyweight Champion.

Being incredibly over in a promotion does a lot for you, but it does not make you a credible winner over a guy who stands as noted, 310 pounds and probably 2 - 2½ feet taller than you.

Rey Mysterio is a good choice for a world champion I'll give you that, I generally find him to be somewhat of a fluke champion in terms that he goes by being the underdog of all people, and he is absolutely not, if Rey Mysterio decides to go with the whole "I'm actually not an underdog" while it will kill his entertainment and the amazement behind his victories against big guys, it will make him more liked, at least by me.

Rey Mysterio does not need the championship, he serves better making the talent look strong, he's getting older and is most likely to retire in 2-3 years maximum, and while he's incredibly over, so is Christian, so can Jericho be, but both Christian and Jericho puts talent over rather than holding championships.

So what do you want Rey to be? A jobber that loses every match because a man of his size doesn't look believable wrestling against guys bigger then him. His in-ring work is more entertaining than 95% of the WWE roster and more better than anybody on Smackdown. A guy Rey's size isn't going to be a technical master. I guess you look down on cruiserweights as a whole.

Absolutely not LJL, I do believe that Rey Mysterio should be allowed to have victories, I do not see him as a "credible" main event wrestler, I've always seen him as the upper mid-card wrestler, who gets a mixture of mid-cards and main event feuds.

Rey Mysterio is in his full position to get a victory over a guy like CM Punk, Christian, Dolph Ziggler, those guys, not a guy who stands by far superior to the majority of people in size and most potentially in strength as well.

Again, as I noted earlier, Rey Mysterio doesn't need the world heavyweight championship, he is a decent champion yes, mostly to the mid-card championships when they need the legitimacy, Rey Mysterio does not need to be world champion when people who are up and commers, could blossom in the main event card with the championship, a guy like Jack Swagger, who really hasn't gotten the build he deserved.

And in this case, I'll go against the best post opposing me. And IC, in this case, that goes to Ferbian. The rugged bastard.

I'm not exactly sure if I should consider it a compliment that you'd go against the best post opposing you, or whether the "rugged bastard" should be considered offensive, I'll play along although.

Well, let's look at the shenanigans that occurred in Rey's win, shall we? If you remember, it was actually Punk that was in control of Swaggie. He'd hit the GTS, and then Kane came out and did his whole schtick. Rey hits the 619 on a Swagger already hit with the GTS, and then that splash. What's so unbelievable about that? The small guy snuck the victory in. If anything, the title victory actually makes sense. They didn't make Rey out to be a juggernaut, he won he match after two finishers were hit on Swagger. CM softened him up, and Rey took advantage. If anything, it really is believable how Rey Mysterio won.

There's nothing unbelievable in the fact that he actually pinned him.

It is more in the terms of which he actually managed to hang with these guys, a guy like Big Show, who could, hell probably should be booked in terms of being the "immovable object" or "unstoppable force" because he, with the exception of John Cena, Batista and Sheamus are the only guys that could be booked in the unstoppable force, John and Big Show were the only two that could possibly be booked in the Immovable Object section.

Hanging with a guy like that, and doing it well, is not something that strike me believable.

CM Punk softened up Swagger that's true, but it doesn't make it any less of a thing that makes it odd (at least to me) that Rey Mysterio was the one who managed to capitalize in it, in a match where by size and opponent, from a legitimacy point of view, he would cleanly be the underdog, of underdogs, in a match of underdogs (okay that's a stretch, I know that, but it makes a point).

Maybe Show would have crushed Rey. But Show wasn't involved in the finish, remember. Besides, by your logic, everyone except Swagger should have been crushed by the Big Show. And Swagger has already proven he can't beat Show.

I wouldn't say there's anywhere in my logic saying that Jack Swagger was anywhere near the potential guy to stand toe to toe with Big Show, but he is the most believable of the 3 opponents Show actually had.

I know that he wasn't involved in the finish, which makes for it to be odd that he, no matter the fact that he had gone for a decent amount of time, and had taken a decent amount of punishment, that he was the one to stay down the longest of all the wrestlers.

Big Show got the ring-steps into his knee, and knocked down by CM Punk, it took 2 people, perhaps 3 (I can't really remember if Jack was involved in that particular thing) people to take out Big Show, and he had the longest time to recuperate and return in the ring to stop Rey Mysterio, who had less time to recuperate (from less impact although) to get the pin.

Your winner and new champion, The Big Show. Pardon me for containing my excitement.

No need to pardon, it's all a matter of opinion whether you want to see X person walk out the champion, I admit I wanted Jack or CM Punk to walk out the champion, but I would also have liked to see Big Show become champion, he doesn't need it, as well as Rey doesn't need it (something I have covered, no need to repeat myself, that much).

First of all, Show could probably give you decent to average matches at best. Swagger's reign has been an abortion, really, as I think he lost more than any champion. He'd have good matches, but also lose. And you don't want your champion losing.

Jack's reign has been an abortion due to bad booking, Sheamus' reign had been an abortion due to bad booking when he had the first reign, a mistake on the behalf of WWE rather than anything, jack could have been build to a damn great champion leading all the way to Summerslam for Undertaker to return (speculated return time) and loose the belt to him, who as well doesn't need the belt, but could be the better one to put Jack over while winning.

Nobody wants their champion to be loosing, unless you're WWE and don't see sense in booking a great champion during their first reign, who isn't looking to be the future face of the company (Brock Lesnar had a good first reign, Stone cold had a good first reign, Hogan had a good first reign, John Cena had a good first reign).

Punk I'll concede. But given the shenanigans that occurred, Punk wasn't winning. And if this leads to the SES VS. The Undertaker in a legitimate feud, I'll be happy.

I would love to see that as well, but I do think it will be CM Punk and the Straight Edge Society vs Kane, ultimately a Brothers of Destruction feud perhaps, even though I find that highly unlikely, it still gives CM Punk and Kane something to do, and to continue building the storyline of Undertaker in the meanwhile.

And great matches. At the least, he'll be champion for only a month. From a wrestling standpoint, I fail to see what's wrong.

Great match indeed, but I don't know how long he will be champion, could be longer, although I do hope you're right, I just do not like to see Rey Mysterio as a champion, but that's a personal taste it seems.

Now from a backstage standpoint? Oh, this is absolute poison. But I discuss that elsewhere...

This right here makes me question some things as well.

First off, wasn't Rey going on a vacation?

Rey hurt Undertaker, and took him out for a few months, that can't possibly be good for your backstage reputation, especially not with a guy like Undertaker, who I really think will sooner or later be too damn pissed with Rey to ever work with him again.

I love Rey's matches against other luchadores and smaller to middle weight guys. Back when they had the cruiserweight division, when he was in tag teams (the one with Eddie was awesome), going back even to WCW, Rey Mysterio was the high flyer. Obviously making him WHC is dumb and shows how limited the main event roster on SD is these days. I really miss the cruiser division.

Mysterio last title reign back in 2006t was garbage. So I'm assuming that his title run this time around will be the exact same. I mean Jack Swagger should of kept the title I did not see the problem that he had with the belt. I mean Mysterio cannot wrestle that good like he used to back in his wCw/early WWE days. He is boring and bland now.

I honestly don't like Rey as champion. He's unbelievable as a champ. It's the gimmick of him being the small guy that overcomes adversity to win the belt that irks me. The only good thing about this win is that when WWE decides to get the belt off of him, he can drop it to basically anyone. Hell, Dolph Ziggler can win matches against Rey Mysterio.

Mysterio's last reign wasn't believable as champion because he was booked to look weak. I'm sure no one would be complaining if Rey consistently had matches with main eventers and looked strong. Rey can be a great babyface to hold the belt with the right booking. He doesn't have to get a quick win over everyone, he just has to compete and look good which is something Rey does a fantastic job at. I agree the underdog champion gimmick should be swept away a little bit, the WWE would be smart to capitalize on Mysterio's amazing speed as why he's able to keep up with the big guys. Its the thing that sets him apart, and he should be allowed to have a good championship run, not tarnished by the spectre of Eddie Guerrero passing away.

I agree,
He's a great in-ring preformer,
But that doesn't change the fact that he's small,
Everytime the WWE has given the title to Rey,
It's been about
1. May he R.I.P,
Eddies passing
2. Now it's him complaining about pay backstage

Thank You!! I cant stand mysterio. He is to damn boring. Now hes champion so stupid. Why would they give him Heavy wieght championship. Hes like 5"8 180. Soo stupid of them

LOL Man who cares if he won the title last night.... I would rather have him as champion than Kane or the Big Show...... Don't get me wrong I like them as characters but at least Rey can wrestle...... I don't think he will hold on to the title for more than 3 months.. I believe he will drop the belt to an up and coming heel.... Perhaps Ziggler or Mcentyre who knows what these guys can do if they're given the chance..... At least Swagger is no longer the champion because he may be able to wrestle but the guy puts you to sleep when he's talking on the mic

Yeah, maybe some of you should grow up a bit and stop slamming a small guy for "winning" the "World Heavyweight Championship". This is professional wrestling, not boxing. I don't really want to say this stuff, but come on. Are you all insinuating that the WWE belt would be more believable around Mysterios waist merely because it doesn't have "heavyweight" in its title? No, nothing would change, you'd still say he doesn't deserve it because of his size.

I'm glad we are starting to move away from 'roided meat heads, now we can see some real wrestling with the likes of Swagger, Mysterio, Punk, Bryan Danielson, Evan Bourne etc instead of multiple closelines and close fisted blows (which are kayfabe supposed to be illegal) and the same boring finishers every time.

Fact is, he's over with the kids, he can put on a good show, he can work good feuds, and he puts his body on the line just like everyone else. Personally I have no problem with Rey wearing either belt in regards to his size.

well its understandable that you don't like rey mysterion ok i get that. Its good to have wrestler you hate and love that creates good tv. I just think that rey deserved to win the title at fatal four way. Think about it.....cm punk isnt ready till he has his whole ses set. Jack swagger had to lose it cuz he wasnt over as much as wwe planned. I think that rey and the big show deserved the title.

Oh and it doesnt matter what weight you are.....it would suck if the only way you can win the world title and be remebered in history was if you were over 220 pounds. Thats pretty lame. Its great to have high flyers win world titles like jeff hardy. So weight shouldnt matter to tell you the truth.

The thing that pisses me off about rey is that he didn't want to drop the IC title to Dolph at night of champions. Im clearly a Ziggler fan. And not only that but he also wants more money AND hes the reason why cm punk was bleeding at Over the Limit AND the reason why the undertaker is out injured. He needs to be more careful and needs to appriciate wwe and do what they say cuz hes lucky that they didnt fire him after all those incidents.

But anyways im glad to see him as champion right now.....he wont lose it to swagger, show, maybe kane. But right now he needs to feud with a heel for the title.....and what a chance can this be.......to redeem himself. To go against DOLPH ZIGGER and lose that title to him!! Its perfect seeing how Dolph's relationship with vickie and vickie's relationship with chavo and chavo's relationship with rey....it writes itself!!!!! I hope that happens!!!

LOL Man who cares if he won the title last night.... I would rather have him as champion than Kane or the Big Show...... Don't get me wrong I like them as characters but at least Rey can wrestle...... I don't think he will hold on to the title for more than 3 months.. I believe he will drop the belt to an up and coming heel.... Perhaps Ziggler or Mcentyre who knows what these guys can do if they're given the chance..... At least Swagger is no longer the champion because he may be able to wrestle but the guy puts you to sleep when he's talking on the mic

I soooo agree!!!! check out my post!! Now im hoping that dolph will capture the world title!!! And these guys put on great matches.

Yeah, maybe some of you should grow up a bit and stop slamming a small guy for "winning" the "World Heavyweight Championship". This is professional wrestling, not boxing. I don't really want to say this stuff, but come on. Are you all insinuating that the WWE belt would be more believable around Mysterios waist merely because it doesn't have "heavyweight" in its title? No, nothing would change, you'd still say he doesn't deserve it because of his size.

I'm glad we are starting to move away from 'roided meat heads, now we can see some real wrestling with the likes of Swagger, Mysterio, Punk, Bryan Danielson, Evan Bourne etc instead of multiple closelines and close fisted blows (which are kayfabe supposed to be illegal) and the same boring finishers every time.

Fact is, he's over with the kids, he can put on a good show, he can work good feuds, and he puts his body on the line just like everyone else. Personally I have no problem with Rey wearing either belt in regards to his size.

Well said i agree!!! Evan is amazing!!

This was a pretty big let down for me. I knew going into the match that because Rey Mysterio was in it, he was going to win to further the "Ultimate Underdog" thing. Personally, I'm tired of it. I can only suspend my disbelief so far. As a company guy I love Mysterio, he has done a lot for the WWE and earned his place at the top of the card. He has a great work ethic, he can still fly in the ring, he sells tons of merchandise, and does have a massive following. You can't just replace that so indeed he does have his value. I ask though, How much is too much Mysterio?

I have that answer: When he is holding the World Heavyweight Championship. I have a problem with this for a few reasons that all start with the words "Heavy-Weight-Championship". Notice that keyword "Heavyweight"? You see, generally to compete for a "Heavyweight" Championship you have to meet the qualifications of being a heavyweight, which means weighing enough and being big enough to fall into that category. 180-200 off a diet doesn't meet the heavyweight requirement, neither does 5'5''. Unfortunately though, as it pertains to Rey Mysterio those qualifications do not adhere and I have a problem with a little guy like that beating the likes of......Everyone he steps in the ring with despite their size, strength, or technical superiority. It's difficult to buy into Mysterio beating someone as normal sized as Jericho or Miz, let alone Big Show, or Batista, or C.M. Punk, on and on the list goes.

Yeah I covered this in another thread about him winning the title as quoted above. Obviously I feel the same as the OP on this. The "this is wrestling so it doesn't matter" argument is the only leg the Rey supporters have to stand on so I intend on chopping it off, whittling it into a pipe, and smoking them like hydroponic.

I already gave what credit Rey deserves to him in the above quoted so no more of that will be necessary. As much as the Rey supporters make it sound like you've got to be either dumb or crazy to NOT but into Rey Mysterio beating up men multiple times his size, I'd have to question them for being ok with it. What part of " A guy who is 5'5'' and 185 at best couldn't beat a man who is 7'4'' and 500lbs" don't you get ?! Here we're not talking about subtle details that the show dismisses as you suspend disbelief, we're talking about something so blatant and unbelievable that you can no longer suspend disbelief. Whether there are other things that we compromise more on, those things aren't the issue and it's a bitch move to try and make them the issue as if those situations make you right on this one, they don't.

As for the "Pitty Party" routine for Rey from the supporters, that's a bunch of catshit covered in pig vomit, covered in rhinoceros gizz, covered with moose piss, covered with fire ants in the decaying asshole of a mountain lion with rabies. I don't want to hear anymore about "You just want him to job to everyone" and "He's the hard-on of the company" or something so he deserves to make everyone else look like shit. What about those massive men who have to lay down for him and sell like their in a church casting out demons for him and how much they look like big *****es for it? Kind of damaging when a Troll doll with a mask kicks your ass whether it's in wrestling or not. C-O-M-M-O-N-S-E-N-S-E. It's your friend.

I'm not saying he shouldn't be in the picture, or that he should never win matches. I don't have a problem with him being competitive, but when all is said and done at the end of the day he shouldn't be going over for the title. Also, as it pertains to the I.C. title and the fact that it is a heavyweight title but no one says anything, that is because everyone knows it is a mid-card title that's not as important as the WHC or WWE Title and the people who have held that belt through all of it's lineage have often times been Light-Heavyweights which is more of Mysterio's territory. It also doesn't help that as it is you can pretty well bank on him winning every match he is in just like it has been in the past with John Cena, and we all know how everybody bitched about that so why the double standard when it comes to Rey? I'm sorry but when you're just a few inches away from being on Half Pint Brawlers instead of WWE I have a hard time believing you as a serious threat to the big guys that bench your weight for repetition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back