Report/Rumor: Indications That The Rock MIGHT, MIGHT Not Be Back Next Year

Rock, Lesnar, Taker, HHH. Can't really take them serious when they work 1-3 matches a year. It's awesome to see them, but a guy like Punk (who lost to all 4) I need say no more to be honest. Whats the point in watching Raw week in week out when one of the best loses to washed up part-timers.

Rumour or no rumour, for me personally, this does not matter.I'm done with the whole "Rock novelty comeback" aswell. I like the Rock , he IS the most electrifying man etc...But i think it has run its course.

I know some people here liked the feud with him and Cena.But to me, it just didnt entertain me like it should have.First feud's jokes were pathetic and the 2nd one's, they took a more serious approach, having Rock tell u how much this means to him, every single time he was on camera, that was the whole feud "U cant beat me Cena" "I love this business".

Not to mention the fact that the matches were bad, the first one was better than the second but both of them to me were horrible.We all know that Cena can have a 5star match if he has a talented guy in the ring but Rock is 40 and nowhere near what he once was in the ring and that made the match boring as hell.

Another thing was the freaking predictability, o my god the predictability. I mean we know most stuff is predictable but we watch and suspend disbelief because we want to see Bryan win, we want to see Cm Punk win.

Did anyone really care who won between Rock and Cena?The Feud ment nothing. Hell , actually it ment something, it was the company's attempt to put Cena even more over and having him be the "underdog" which we all know he never is.

I mean the only good thing about the feud was that WWE made money.I'm glad he returned some segments were funny and I get that Wrestlemania needs big matches.But at what point do u draw a line?

They need to start making new stars that can draw at Wrestlemania.They are in the process but a bit late in my opinion. They should have pulled the trigger on Bryan a while ago and the same with Curtis Axel.They fucked up Ryback big time with that Hell in a Cell match.

They have to start making guys that are going to draw for a 5-6 years from now.They have DBry, but lets see how they handle him. They have CM Punk who is 35 soon and from what I gather around dem internets he doesnt want to be doing this for too long.
Ziggler is just, they ware fucking him up big time in favor of having Del Rio constant champion and constant opportunities thrown at him. If they threw those kinda opportunities at guys like Bryan and Zigger I m sure they would be more over by now and in way better positions.

They have Windham Lawrence Rotunda A.K.A. Bray Wyatt who is only 26 and can execute such a wonderful and deep gimmick.So if they play their cards right they might have a star in him.

I know I kinda went offtrack with this but all this was ment to bring forth the problem that basically everyone knows of, that WWE is in dire needs of new stars,and I mean fkn STARS! that can draw and not have to rely on The Rock and UnderTaker for wrestlemania

Cause what happens after Taker stops wrestling?What happens when Rock doesnt wanna come back or is unable due to time constraits?What happens when Cena is too banged up to continue at the rate he is going at. What happens when Brock doesnt come back?

All in all, its ok that the Rock might not comeback, the product doesnt need him, maybe vince needs him to make abit more money but the product itself will not.

Listen to yourselves my God...

I guarantee most of you were fuming that Dwayne didn't even come back once in 7 years and now he's committed himself to 3 WM's, done segments with younger guys (Bryan, Sandow, Rhodes) Not to mention giving CM Punk two huge matches and passing the the torch to Cena (Whether you agree that happened or not it did happen) you now don't wanna see him again? How fickle can you get?

Don't get me wrong Dwayne has an ego, he loves the limelight but do you really think he came back just for that I mean really? Why would he he need to? He's one of if not the biggest star in Hollywood right now. If anything going back to wrestling makes him look stupid in the hollywood business. 'Well known and well paid actor goes back to entertain some 5 years old kids while pretending to fight' He did it cos he loves it, yeah sure he got good money but you can tell he loves the business.

Makes you think why he bothered when so many of you have no appreciation. Of course many of you are probably still bitter he left over 10 years a go now when you were probably children and it hurt you or something. GET OVER IT! He left because he'd achieved all he wanted to and was going to a better job and better paid job. Its life.

I for one would love to see Dwayne come back. Every night, every month, every year, every decade whatever he wants. He's earnt that status through hard work firstly in his wrestling career then his movie career. This is a major Dwayne love in post I must admit but some of you treat the Rock like he was in the business for 10 minutes then left and never came back. Part of me thinks the Rock should just do a promo on all your monkey asses and tell you all to stick it. Ungrateful swines.

If Rock is not back by next year then it would be a perfect time to bring back Austin but have Rock back in a special appearance type thing like show up via satellite or something until he can actually come back permanently again in his part-time capacity but you can have Austin in a part-time capacity like Rock and have Austin have a few matches like Rock

I'm of two minds about Rock and his return since 2011.

Yes. You are pretty naive and foolish, if you seriously believed Rock was going to come back on a semi regular basis, wrestle at the big pay per views year after year, compete in high profiled feuds (Lesnar, possibly going after the streak, etc.), have matches for the WWE Championship, and truly return to WWE. Sorry, but that's the truth.

Others have already mentioned it, but Rock's movie career is really starting to take off. He's a major player in the Fast & Furious franchise now, and I'm pretty sure I read reports/rumors about a Hobbs spin-off. Plus, he's starring in Hercules, and the rumors about Rock taking a major part in The Terminator reboot are still out there. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, Rock is not going to jeopardize a career, where he can make millions of dollars without tearing up his body to the point, where he'll possibly be a crippled old man in his 50's or 60's.

Then again, you have to think about Rock saying he would never leave again. Yeah, it was a promo, but for a moment, you wanted to believe Rock because he addressed everyone as "Dwayne." Of course, on the road to Mania 28, Cena took shots at Rock for lying about being there for the fans. Rock, on an episode of Raw, came back to say something along the lines "Well of course I wasn't going to literally come back for every Raw, Smackdown, and pay per view." Okay, but as time went on, The Rock's pattern of coming back, making a grand triumphant return, taking up so much of the spotlight, and then completely disappearing started to become tiresome.

I mean, he got the rub of being the savior to end Punk's year long + WWE Championship reign, got to be the guy, who introduced the new WWE Championship, got the cover of WWE 2K14, and he was involved in three consecutive Wrestlemania main events. That's a pretty thick stack of accolades for someone, who's not a regular guy. Plus, you could notice Rock being gassed in the ring every now and then, because he was focused on bulking up for his movie roles.

But with all that said, and all my nitpicking (Rock's cardio, gassing out, etc.), I enjoyed The Rock's return. I was one of the people, who wanted to see him come back, and he did. And it would be kind of silly to constantly bitch and moan, just because the three year return didn't go EXACTLY how I wanted it to go. We're always wanting that "one mare match!" from certain legends. Well, Rock gave us five, so he went above the bare minimum.

And to be honest, a little separation for both parties is probably for the best. WWE can focus on creating new stars, without having to worry about tweaking and rearranging booking plans to fit Rock's scheduled returns. And it's probably better for Rock to stay away for a while. Ever since Wrestlemania 29, you can kind of tell the fans are souring on him. When his pictures or Tweets are shown on the titantron, you can clearly hear some boos from the live crowds, and the pops aren't as strong as they were before. But some time off will cure all that. The longer the absence, the more the fans will crave his return. And when "If ya smell, what The Rock is cooking!" blasts throughout an arena in the future, I'm sure the fans will explode.

Listen to yourselves my God...

I guarantee most of you were fuming that Dwayne didn't even come back once in 7 years and now he's committed himself to 3 WM's, done segments with younger guys (Bryan, Sandow, Rhodes) Not to mention giving CM Punk two huge matches and passing the the torch to Cena (Whether you agree that happened or not it did happen) you now don't wanna see him again? How fickle can you get?

Don't get me wrong Dwayne has an ego, he loves the limelight but do you really think he came back just for that I mean really? Why would he he need to? He's one of if not the biggest star in Hollywood right now. If anything going back to wrestling makes him look stupid in the hollywood business. 'Well known and well paid actor goes back to entertain some 5 years old kids while pretending to fight' He did it cos he loves it, yeah sure he got good money but you can tell he loves the business.

Makes you think why he bothered when so many of you have no appreciation. Of course many of you are probably still bitter he left over 10 years a go now when you were probably children and it hurt you or something. GET OVER IT! He left because he'd achieved all he wanted to and was going to a better job and better paid job. Its life.

I for one would love to see Dwayne come back. Every night, every month, every year, every decade whatever he wants. He's earnt that status through hard work firstly in his wrestling career then his movie career. This is a major Dwayne love in post I must admit but some of you treat the Rock like he was in the business for 10 minutes then left and never came back. Part of me thinks the Rock should just do a promo on all your monkey asses and tell you all to stick it. Ungrateful swines.

:worship:Right on the money. This is absolutely what drives me (and you I guess) nuts. The hypocrisy of the fans. They refuse to let go of the Rock sold out crap and give him any credit for returning to his roots after a long absence. A lot of wrestlers wouldn't give McMahon the time of day if they were Rock's shoes. These same people bitched that Rock should come back after years away. The lockerroom bitched about Rock returning. WWE was failing and losing money, Wrestlemania buyrates were plummeting, WWE calls him to come back, he does so and the fans bitch. He has a number of matches with a number of performers, helped raise the buyrates for several ppvs, not just 3 Wrestlemanias he was in as well as tv viewership for the Raw programs he was on, and people complain about that. He has bent over backwards to help WWE and give the fans another chance to see him and they just can't be happy and grateful for the effort. When he's gone and if the programming is garbage, we'll be going through this we love Rock, please come back to we hate Rock please go away cycle all over again. Some fans just can't be happy either way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back