Report: Possible Opponents For Brock Lesnar At WrestleMania XXXI

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
According to Dave Meltzer, there's currently talk going on concerning potential opponents for Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania XXXI. According to the report, The Rock is expected to wrestle at the event and is the leading candidate to head the WWE Hall of Fame Class of 2015. As a result, a bout between The Rock & Brock Lesnar is being considered. Another bout that's being considered, allegedly, is one that came as something of a surprise to me. The other match being considered for Lesnar is to have him to up against Cesaro.

As far as a bout with The Rock, it's hard to say. It wouldn't surprise me if The Rock is done with in-ring competition and his appearance at WrestleMania next year could depend on what else he has on his plate by then. Personally, Rock vs. Brock doesn't really excite me all that much, though I'm sure it'd be a big draw.

The notion of two Paul Heyman clients in Lesnar & Cesaro facing off is a bit intriguing, though it's too early to say what'll happen with Cesaro. He's only just begun his push and while he's over at the moment, it's still gonna take some time for him to prove himself in the long haul.

To my knowledge, though I might be wrong, Lesnar's deal with WWE extends to WrestleMania XXXI. So if it'll be his last match, I'd personally rather see him face Cesaro and put him over. However, as I said, Cesaro still has a ways to go to prove he's got staying power. Rock vs. Brock would probably be the bigger draw, but it's moot if The Rock doesn't want to wrestle again, if he's concerned about injuring himself, if he's filming a movie or is set to start filming a movie shortly after WrestleMania.

Hard to say with the Rock. I think a lot would depend on his filming schedule this time around.

I feel one of the reasons he got hurt last time was simply that he was doing too much at once, and his body couldn't handle it.

Looking at IMDB he's got Fast 7 and San Andreas filming next, then possibly Journey 3 after that. That actually isn't as bad as his schedule was the last go around, and I can see him wanting to be part of the show when he's inducted... plus he's friends with Lesner and I can see him wanting that match.

At the same time though, his agents, producers and directors might have a different idea after how he got hurt last time he wrestled. He doesn't exactly do small budget stuff, so there is a lot of money at stake if he gets hurt again and has to delay any filming as a result. If they put the nix on it, it probably won't make a difference what the Rock wants. His careers going too good now, and he put too much time and effort into building it up to rock that boat.

As for Cesaro? If they build him properly over the next year, I think that would be a fantastic match and is exactly what the WWE should be doing with their part timers and full time talent. It's early to say whether or not Cesaro lives up to his push to earn that spot, but I think he can, and that would be a push to the next level type of match for him. Getting the guy that broke the streak at the very next Wrestlemania, then beating him? Instant main eventer for the next several years right there.

I personally have zero interest in Rock vs Brock, it doesn't do anything for anybody and Brock would have to work soft like he did with Taker, which just neuters what makes him The Beast and so exciting to watch.

Cesaro vs Brock would be an incredible physical battle and I'd love to see it, but I'm not sure he'll get the Brock match at a Mania given it's such a big deal. My guess is there will be other names popping up as the year goes along, most notably Roman Reigns.

Really early to be dicussing this. I remember around Payback time last year, WWE was seriously considering have Stone Cold come back as Vince's "guy" to face HHH at Mania 30 for control of the company. Than Stone Cold was apparently replaced with The Rock. Than Bryan got ridiculously over and Batista decided to come back. Plans for Mania literally change every single week and they may seriously consider these matches for Lesnar right now, but it all depends on what we see this year. I wouldn't be surprised if the plan for Lesnar changes 20 times before the RR.

Cesaro as well comes as a bit of a surprise to me as well.. Cesaro has a bit to go though,if he is going to face the beast incarnate BROCKKKKKKKKKKKK LESNARRRRRRRRRRRRR! (Excuse my paul heyman voice).. The idea of two Paul Heyman guys going at it,its intriguing.

But Paulie has his favorites.. There is only one true Paul Heyman and that is Brock!! Or who ever is the winner.. Rock is the obvious choice,as rumor is true he will headline the HOF 2015 hopefully either his dad or SCSA inducts him.. With the rocks busy hectic schedule,I am not sure if he will wrestle at WMXXXI!

Plus the rock as muscular as he is,is absolutely out of ring shape,his cardio is that of a 4 pack a day smoker.. So if Cesaro is the early darkhorse leader right now,count me in. Brock will no doubt in my mind put him over

I personally have zero interest in Rock vs Brock, it doesn't do anything for anybody and Brock would have to work soft like he did with Taker, which just neuters what makes him The Beast and so exciting to watch.

But it is a box office draw. Especially for Wrestlemana. Let's not forget that more than likely by this time next year the WWE Network will be international.

"I can watch Brock vs Rock at Wrestlemania XXXI for $9.99?!"

Cesaro vs Brock would be an incredible physical battle and I'd love to see it, but I'm not sure he'll get the Brock match at a Mania given it's such a big deal. My guess is there will be other names popping up as the year goes along, most notably Roman Reigns.

It all depends on how well Cesaro's booking is from here to the Royal Rumble. It will be a great match, but I see it at Royal Rumble at this point. If Cesaro becomes the international star that I think he will become, then book it for Wrestlemania.

I'm fine with either match, but there is intrigue if Brock walks away from WWE after WM and decides to go out on his back to Cesaro.

I feel like Reigns beating "the guy who broke The Streak" and playing that up ad nauseum will be a great accolade for someone they want to be the next in line for the top spot. With speculation that Lesnar might have the title by that point, there would be few better ways to put the belt on Reigns and get him massively over. The same could be said of Cesaro, though I think he's further away from that spot.

I have less than zero interest in Brock/Rock, and despite the perceived box office appeal, don't think it would do anything for anyone, career-wise. Lesnar beating Taker at Mania means they need to do something with that, and a nostalgia match does nothing.

After ending The Streak, it only makes sense for WWE to do ROCK VS BROCK .

Having Lesnar ending The Streak then facing Cesaro would be ridiculous.

Brock have nuclear heat right now, you use that to create the biggest match up possible, that is Rock vs Brock.

Let us feel that Brock ended The Streak for a reason.

Brock losing to Cesaro won't make Cesaro look tough, it'll only make Lesnar look weak.

I was actually thinking about Cesaro vs. Lesnar. I didn't think the WWE would do it at WM (maybe Summer slam or Survivor Series), but I can really see this feud work. Of course Cesaro's push has to be a success but if it does I can get excited for this.

I don't really see the appeal of Lesnar/Rock and much less so with Lesnar breaking Taker's streak. I mean what does the WWE have to gain from having Lesnar/Rock that wasn't achieved with Lesnar/Taker.

At least with Lesnar/Cesaro we can see new stars to look forward to in the future.

After ending The Streak, it only makes sense for WWE to do ROCK VS BROCK .

Actually no, Brock ending the streak actually makes WWE need The Rock less. With Brock breaking the streak you have a legit guy in the WWE, an MMA fighter and former UFC Champion that broke the fabled streak in your roster as opposed to a movie star whose participation with the WWE is spotty at best due to his busy schedule with shooting and promoting his movies.

Plus with Lesnar it's probably easier to renew a contract annually than The Rock.

Let us feel that Brock ended The Streak for a reason.

Brock losing to Cesaro won't make Cesaro look tough, it'll only make Lesnar look weak.

Here's the thing. Cesaro doesn't have to beat Lesnar to look good, if he can be in a programme or in a match that is competitive, Cesaro can good look losing (like Austin at Surivvor Series 96/WM13 or Chris Benoit at Royal Rumble 2003).

If Cesaro does beat Lesnar, it sure won't be a squash. Lesnar still has the only claim that he beat Undertaker at WM. Does Triple H look weak after losing so many consecutive WM matches from 2004 to 2008?

I mean what does the WWE have to gain from having Lesnar/Rock that wasn't achieved with Lesnar/Taker.

Lol are you kidding me?
Rock is the biggest draw in WWE, Brock Lesnar is arguably the 2nd biggest draw (of the active wrestlers).

Brock and Rock will break records, bring a lot of mainstream exposure to WWE and it just would be epic to see those 2 megastars in the ring one more time.

They both left at WMXX, came back after a long absence, got the biggest pops and ever since people were wanting to see them in a match.

We had to endure a cr@ppy Cena-Rock rematch, it's only fair that they give us the rematch a lot of us really wanted and that's Rock vs Brock.

At least with Lesnar/Cesaro we can see new stars to look forward to in the future.

Why should I care about the future? I don't even know if I'm still going to be alive tommorow.

Smh. Stop caring about the future and just enjoy the present.

You think WWE will have a hard time building up new stars?

Look at The Shield for example, 2 years ago they weren't even in WWE's main roster. Now they're huge stars.

Vince can make a star in a second.

Your using the logic that incredibly over people such as Lesnar, John Cena, and Daniel Bryan should only job to other incredibly over people. Lesnar has lost to John Cena and HHH twice while the whole time still coming off as a badass. Hell I think his record right now is 3-3? So why would Lesnar doing the job to Cesaro make him look weak? Because he isn't the megastar that John Cena is? Even if Lesnar does look weak, it will most likely be his last match so who cares? If you're reasoning that TOP talent like Brock should only lose to other top talent, than you'll never breed any new megastars, just recycle them.

Also Rock vs Brock would be an awful way to capitalize on The Streak. Rock wins: Congrats! Back to Hollywood. Brock wins: congrats! Back to UFC. WWE would be WASTING this golden oppurtunity by having Brock face Rock at 31.

Also Rock vs Brock would be an awful way to capitalize on The Streak. Rock wins: Congrats! Back to Hollywood. Brock wins: congrats! Back to UFC. WWE would be WASTING this golden oppurtunity by having Brock face Rock at 31.

Actually Rock vs Brock will most likely break records and even possibly break WM28's PPV buys record.

WM PPV buys represents about a 1/4 of the annually PPV buys revenue for WWE.

If WM got a lot of buys, they will give chances to young talents to headline B-Level PPVs.

Last year, they didn't got what they wanted in Rock-Cena II so they had to do PPV Main Events with guys like HHH-Lesnar and Cena-Orton to make up for it.

Lol are you kidding me?
Rock is the biggest draw in WWE, Brock Lesnar is arguably the 2nd biggest draw (of the active wrestlers).

Brock and Rock will break records, bring a lot of mainstream exposure to WWE and it just would be epic to see those 2 megastars in the ring one more time.

But at what cost? It's been obvious it's hard to book The Rock in live events and commit to the program. Heck Lesnar/Rock was supposed to happen at Summer Slam but Rock had to bail on the program all of a sudden to due his injury at WM29. He did it to avoid further injury since he was filming the Hercules movie.

Look at The Shield for example, 2 years ago they weren't even in WWE's main roster. Now they're huge stars.

Vince's projects are Ryback and Fandango. How high are they in the ladder? The Shield's rise was not a sudden rise to the top they worked as a stable for a year so far they are in a comfortable spot and are due for a push but whether they become big stars in their singles push still remains to be seen.

I also believe in thinking living in the now and that's my argument against critics who argue that Bryan shouldn't be a Champion because he is just a fad.

Problem is Lesnar/Rock isn't even the present. The Rock is in the past, Rock's priority is Hollywood he's not a full time Wrestler anymore and it's even doubtful he will ever compete again. I don't even think he has a contract with the WWE.

At least even though Lesnar is also a part time guy but they can sign him on specific number of dates and Lesnar is obliged to meet them. So you can say Lesnar is in the present but what good will it do if let's say Lesnar beats Rock at WM? Does it make Lesnar more legit? No since he already beat The Rock in his prime 11 years ago and it's not like The Rock has any kind of streak at WM.

Actually Rock vs Brock will most likely break records and even possibly break WM28's PPV buys record.

WM PPV buys represents about a 1/4 of the annually PPV buys revenue for WWE.

If WM got a lot of buys, they will give chances to young talents to headline B-Level PPVs.

Last year, they didn't got what they wanted in Rock-Cena II so they had to do PPV Main Events with guys like HHH-Lesnar and Cena-Orton to make up for it.

I understand the money thing, but Lesnar breaking the Streak should only set up one scenario: Lesnar loses at Mania 31 to create the next megastar. That's the ONLY thing that should happen. I don't give a damn about the buyrates, I don't think anybody wants to see Taker's Streak ended for nothing, and facing The Rock does NOTHING for the business in the long run. You'll get the same buyrates that Cena-Rock got and that's it...

And Wrestlemania is going to get a shitload of buys with or without Brock vs Rock, that's a fact. They do not NEED Brock vs Rock on the card. They NEED Brock vs Cesaro, Bryan, or Reigns to build the future.

Lol are you kidding me?

They both left at WMXX, came back after a long absence, got the biggest pops and ever since people were wanting to see them in a match.

We had to endure a cr@ppy Cena-Rock rematch, it's only fair that they give us the rematch a lot of us really wanted and that's Rock vs Brock.

That's fair. The match would be a huge draw, which is exactly why they would go with it. I doubt the actual match would live up to expectations, but if the Rock found the time in his schedule to properly build the match... the back and forth between him and Heyman would be epic.

Why should I care about the future? I don't even know if I'm still going to be alive tommorow.

I'm not even sure how to respond to this.

Why should you care about the future is quite possibly one of the most short sighted comments I've ever seen. Why shouldn't you care? You enjoy wrestling. You enjoy the WWE. You want to continue to enjoy it for years to come. That alone is enough reason to care about the future.

Caring about the future has nothing to do with enjoying the present.

As for Vince being able to make stars in a second? It's never worked like that, and by not caring for the future, you're not really understanding what it takes to 'make a star'.

Was the Rock a star the second he came out at Survivor Series 96? Was Austin a star when he debuted? Were they stars when they each had their breakthrough moments?

No, it takes time to build one, and the key word there is build.

The WWE has had a hard time 'building' stars the last several years. They're seemingly on the right track again, with a lot of guys who have potential once again. But for the longest time there... nothing they tried seemed to work, which is why they went with the strategy of going back to their old, established stars from a decade ago to carry the biggest events (the part timer phenomenon).

Building stars means putting these guys in the right situations to succeed, and build on the momentum that they gain. Cesaro has that momentum now, and he absolutely can be a star if they build on it properly. Continue building him up over the next year, then put him in there with the guy that broke the streak at the next Wrestlemania... and have Cesaro go over in a 5 star match (which both guys can deliver), and you have your next star and a guy you can continue to enjoy once the 40+ year old Rock who has a career that he is never going to walk away from to be a full time professional wrestler again is finally gone for good.

Out of these two possibilities... Lesner/Rock would be the biggest draw. Lesner/Cesaro would be the right call to keep the ball rolling for years to come... and could be equally as entertaining if done properly.

Its very interesting, because on one side, the majority of the people have turned against Meltzer (in terms of predictions) ever since he incorrectly predicted CM Punk's return; on the other hand, he correctly reported before anyone else that Undertaker would face Brock Lesnar and John Cena would face Bray Wyatt at Wrestlemania... So as bullshitty as it might sound, there is a chance that he actually has a source informing him this.

Anyway, coming to the topic, in think Rock vs Brock is where the money is; that is something that will always sell to the fans, but they are gonna wait until Royal Rumble to see how much has Cesaro progressed and how over he is with the crowd. If the crowd totally buys him like they are doing now (likely more), then they might have him face the Streak-conqueror. Otherwise, Rock vs Brock seems like a safe idea from a business standpoint.

As a young-rooting wrestling fan, that too from the internet, I would like to see Cesaro get the chance more. Because come on, Rock has nothing left to prove. Also, Cesaro has come a long way from the guy that speaks 5 languages to the guy that swings and lifts and drops much larger guys.. So I hope that the coming 11 months are very successful for Cesaro and he is able to keep the momentum going, so that he is able to have a proper feud and match against a Lesnar or a Bryan or a Bray Wyatt at next year's big event.

I say neither, I have enormous doubts that Rock is going to be back to the ring. I higly doubt it. As for Cesaro, way to early to tell, but unless in the next 10 months he becomes the third face of the company, is not going to make sense face him against Lesnar.

Otherwise, Lesnar is the man that ended the streak, he should have a massive match against Cena, or Bryan or.....aaand that's the list of current household names. Anyway Lesnar's next match at Wrestlemania needs the live up to the hype of the streak, in some weird way, it's the streak's legacy and I doubt Cesaro is going to live up by that standard.

Am I the only one who thinks the fans would back Brock against The Rock? People get mad at him for leaving them for months on end and his last run was awful.

I continue to be confused by all the people who think The Rock was legitimately injured during his WM29 match. Again, it's physically impossible to tear a muscle off the bone - like a Rock claimed he did - and continue to move normally. And, no, adrenaline doesn't change that fact. Go watch the match again, watch how he has no trouble moving his legs, and you can tell that he didn't suffer the injury he claimed he did. Come on, people. Common sense is your friend.

I understand the money thing, but Lesnar breaking the Streak should only set up one scenario: Lesnar loses at Mania 31 to create the next megastar. That's the ONLY thing that should happen. I don't give a damn about the buyrates, I don't think anybody wants to see Taker's Streak ended for nothing, and facing The Rock does NOTHING for the business in the long run. You'll get the same buyrates that Cena-Rock got and that's it...

And Wrestlemania is going to get a shitload of buys with or without Brock vs Rock, that's a fact. They do not NEED Brock vs Rock on the card. They NEED Brock vs Cesaro, Bryan, or Reigns to build the future.

Brock vs. Cesaro or Reigns? Pass and pass. Brock has fought Triple H and Undertaker at the last two WrestleManias, and you want to demote him to a midcard match with somebody who's never sniffed the main event, let alone established themselves as a legend? That makes no sense, and it's a COMPLETE waste of him ending the streak. That's not going to create a megastar or make them look good, it's going to make Lesnar look bad. The guy that just ended the streak can't even beat Cesaro or Reigns? That makes it look like anybody could've ended the streak, and Lesnar was just in the right place at the right time. That is a HORRIBLE idea.

What did HBK ending Flair's career do for business in the long run? What did Undertaker ending HBK's career do for business in the long run? These iconic moments aren't about doing something for business, it's about doing a favor for somebody who earned it. When Lesnar is done, which probably isn't going to be next year, he will lose to somebody else who has earned it. And believe me, Cesaro and Reigns haven't earned it. Not by a long shot.

Besides, you're acting like WM31 will be Lesnar's last match. Even if it is the end of his contract, he could easily sign an extension if he hasn't already. He's 36 years old. He's only three years older than Bryan, two years older than Orton, four months younger than Cena. Triple H was 36 in 2007. Undertaker was 36 in 2001. Lesnar has several years of wrestling left in him and there's no excuse for flushing it down the toilet by making him lose to a nobody next year. If Cesaro or Reigns wants to fight, let alone beat, Lesnar at WrestleMania or any other time they need to earn it. And it takes a lot more than getting hot for a few months to earn something like that.

Brock vs. Rock is the ONLY match that can happen. Give Cesaro or Reigns two or three or four years and maybe, just maybe, they'll earn a match like that. But let's be honest, probably not...and that's why you don't give matches like that to people before they earn it. There's no guarantee they'll pan out. Brock and Rock are both established stars. It's a perfect match, with the history they have.

The future will get built when the future gets built. If Cesaro or Reigns are the future, they won't need to beat Lesnar to get there. They can beat Lesnar AFTER they get there. People always have this backwards. Young guys don't become stars by beating established stars, they become stars and then beat established stars. Oh, and not for nothing, one way for them to become stars is just being on the same card as a big match like Brock vs. Rock. Because you can try to dismiss the buyrate all you want, but Brock vs. Cesaro or Reigns is not going to get the same number of buys as Brock vs. Rock. It'll be a lot either way, but it won't be the same. And the difference matters. They have 11 other PPVs during the year to make the young guys look good. WrestleMania is the show where they make as many big matches as possible, and the young guys benefit just from being on the card. Like Cesaro winning the battle royal or Reigns and The Shield squashing Kane and the NAO. At a show like WrestleMania, with matches like Undertaker vs. Lesnar and Daniel Bryan's matches, just being on that show helps them. Same with Wyatt just being in the same ring, and being extremely competitive, with Cena, which is why all the comments about Cena burying him are so idiotic beyond belief. Wyatt didn't need to win that match. He got what he needed just by being in the ring and holding his own for 20 minutes. Which is what would happen if Reigns or Cesaro fought Lesnar next year - Lesnar would win, because just being in the ring with him on that stage is enough for them at this point, and because it would ruin what they did with Lesnar just a year earlier if he lost so soon to somebody so unproven.

So, yes, sign me up for Brock vs. Rock.

Beating Lesnar won't make anyone a mega star, it's not like he's undefeated.

He just came off the biggest win of his career so it's only logical to do Rock vs Brock.

I wanted Rock vs Bryan but after Brock ended the streak he MUST wrestle Rock and Rock only.

What makes you even think Cesaro is worthy of getting in the ring with Brock?

Cesaro is more of a Ryback/Axel than a CM Punk.

He still got a bright future ahead of him, taking the risk and having him face the guy who ended the streak next year is too soon and just ridiculous.

WM26 and WM27 failed to reach over 1 million buys. The Rock came back for 3 WMs and all 3 of them got over a million buys.

And WM25 and WM26 had Jeff Hardy, Edge, Shawn Michaels and The Undertaker.

WM31 won't have those names.

Brock vs. Cesaro or Reigns? Pass and pass. Brock has fought Triple H and Undertaker at the last two WrestleManias, and you want to demote him to a midcard match with somebody who's never sniffed the main event, let alone established themselves as a legend? That makes no sense, and it's a COMPLETE waste of him ending the streak. That's not going to create a megastar or make them look good, it's going to make Lesnar look bad. The guy that just ended the streak can't even beat Cesaro or Reigns? That makes it look like anybody could've ended the streak, and Lesnar was just in the right place at the right time. That is a HORRIBLE idea.

What did HBK ending Flair's career do for business in the long run? What did Undertaker ending HBK's career do for business in the long run? These iconic moments aren't about doing something for business, it's about doing a favor for somebody who earned it. When Lesnar is done, which probably isn't going to be next year, he will lose to somebody else who has earned it. And believe me, Cesaro and Reigns haven't earned it. Not by a long shot.

Besides, you're acting like WM31 will be Lesnar's last match. Even if it is the end of his contract, he could easily sign an extension if he hasn't already. He's 36 years old. He's only three years older than Bryan, two years older than Orton, four months younger than Cena. Triple H was 36 in 2007. Undertaker was 36 in 2001. Lesnar has several years of wrestling left in him and there's no excuse for flushing it down the toilet by making him lose to a nobody next year. If Cesaro or Reigns wants to fight, let alone beat, Lesnar at WrestleMania or any other time they need to earn it. And it takes a lot more than getting hot for a few months to earn something like that.

Brock vs. Rock is the ONLY match that can happen. Give Cesaro or Reigns two or three or four years and maybe, just maybe, they'll earn a match like that. But let's be honest, probably not...and that's why you don't give matches like that to people before they earn it. There's no guarantee they'll pan out. Brock and Rock are both established stars. It's a perfect match, with the history they have.

The future will get built when the future gets built. If Cesaro or Reigns are the future, they won't need to beat Lesnar to get there. They can beat Lesnar AFTER they get there. People always have this backwards. Young guys don't become stars by beating established stars, they become stars and then beat established stars. Oh, and not for nothing, one way for them to become stars is just being on the same card as a big match like Brock vs. Rock. Because you can try to dismiss the buyrate all you want, but Brock vs. Cesaro or Reigns is not going to get the same number of buys as Brock vs. Rock. It'll be a lot either way, but it won't be the same. And the difference matters. They have 11 other PPVs during the year to make the young guys look good. WrestleMania is the show where they make as many big matches as possible, and the young guys benefit just from being on the card. Like Cesaro winning the battle royal or Reigns and The Shield squashing Kane and the NAO. At a show like WrestleMania, with matches like Undertaker vs. Lesnar and Daniel Bryan's matches, just being on that show helps them. Same with Wyatt just being in the same ring, and being extremely competitive, with Cena, which is why all the comments about Cena burying him are so idiotic beyond belief. Wyatt didn't need to win that match. He got what he needed just by being in the ring and holding his own for 20 minutes. Which is what would happen if Reigns or Cesaro fought Lesnar next year - Lesnar would win, because just being in the ring with him on that stage is enough for them at this point, and because it would ruin what they did with Lesnar just a year earlier if he lost so soon to somebody so unproven.

So, yes, sign me up for Brock vs. Rock.

I wholeheartedly disagree with you on basically your entire post, but I'll try and be civil.

First of all Wrestlemania 31 is a YEAR away. Are you seriously telling me that WWE can't build Cesaro or Reigns to the main event level within a year? Because in case you haven't noticed, they're practically there right now, and just look at what Daniel Bryan did within a year. Also you think losing to Reigns or Cesaro makes Lesnar look weak? I say who cares... Lesnar comes back for 3 matches a year (maybe) while Cesaro and Reigns will be in the WWE every single day for the next 5-10 years at least... You want to build somebody strong, you build your full-time guy strong, not your part-time. I don't think Lesnar losing to Reigns or Cesaro makes him look weak in the slightest, however.... Losing to a guy in his mid-forties who hasn't wrestled for nearly two years may just do that. So you're saying the way to follow up Lesnar breaking The Streak is to have him job to The Rock? For What? So Rock can get his "goodbye"? The Rock has had seven years to say goodbye, he does not need to be in another Mania main event... Bryan, Reigns, Cesaro, however can greatly benefit from a Mania main event.

The guy who beat The Streak can't even beat Cesaro or Reigns? Uhhh, in case you haven't noticed Roman Reigns and Cesaro are pure beasts who have had very competitve matches with John Cena, Daniel Bryan, CM Punk, etc. I can truly believe that either can beat Lesnar at the right place, at the right time. Will they be underdogs? Yeaaaaa, but trust me, it won't be like a Mysterio vs Big Show underdog.

HBK still had a few years left on his career when he beat Ric Flair and he was also wrestling full time. It's not like Michaels beat Flair and than left which is exactly what either The Rock or Lesnar will do. You say you think Lesnar has more than two years left in the WWE? Do you follow the UFC? Brock Lesnar and Dana White have both said Lesnar is ready to return to the Octagon... As soon as his contract expires, he's gone.

Give Cesaro or Reigns THREE TO FOUR YEARS! What are you out of your mind? Cesaro will be almost 40 by then and Reigns will have been doing what? Winning the tag titles? Yea no thanks. Austin was main event material after one year of being pushed, same with The Rock, Brock Lesnar, John Cena and basically every other main event star that's ever made it big.

Lastly answer me this question... How are guys supposed to become "established" when they can only beat "established" wrestlers after they've become "established". It's impossible. To become established, you need to get that one big victory whether it be against Cena, HHH, OR LESNAR.

That's fair. The match would be a huge draw, which is exactly why they would go with it. I doubt the actual match would live up to expectations, but if the Rock found the time in his schedule to properly build the match... the back and forth between him and Heyman would be epic.

I'm not even sure how to respond to this.

Why should you care about the future is quite possibly one of the most short sighted comments I've ever seen. Why shouldn't you care? You enjoy wrestling. You enjoy the WWE. You want to continue to enjoy it for years to come. That alone is enough reason to care about the future.

Caring about the future has nothing to do with enjoying the present.

As for Vince being able to make stars in a second? It's never worked like that, and by not caring for the future, you're not really understanding what it takes to 'make a star'.

Was the Rock a star the second he came out at Survivor Series 96? Was Austin a star when he debuted? Were they stars when they each had their breakthrough moments?

No, it takes time to build one, and the key word there is build.

The WWE has had a hard time 'building' stars the last several years. They're seemingly on the right track again, with a lot of guys who have potential once again. But for the longest time there... nothing they tried seemed to work, which is why they went with the strategy of going back to their old, established stars from a decade ago to carry the biggest events (the part timer phenomenon).

Building stars means putting these guys in the right situations to succeed, and build on the momentum that they gain. Cesaro has that momentum now, and he absolutely can be a star if they build on it properly. Continue building him up over the next year, then put him in there with the guy that broke the streak at the next Wrestlemania... and have Cesaro go over in a 5 star match (which both guys can deliver), and you have your next star and a guy you can continue to enjoy once the 40+ year old Rock who has a career that he is never going to walk away from to be a full time professional wrestler again is finally gone for good.

Out of these two possibilities... Lesner/Rock would be the biggest draw. Lesner/Cesaro would be the right call to keep the ball rolling for years to come... and could be equally as entertaining if done properly.

The only full timers who wrestled Brock are the #1 and the #2 guy of the company.

When the time is right, Cesaro will probably face Lesnar but next year? Hell no!

Beating Lesnar won't make anyone a mega star, it's not like he's undefeated.

He just came off the biggest win of his career so it's only logical to do Rock vs Brock.

I wanted Rock vs Bryan but after Brock ended the streak he MUST wrestle Rock and Rock only.
That logic is horrid, and no he can wrestle other people. Roman Reigns would be one which would be incredible, and possibly create a star. It would be a huge storyline, considering what Reigns has done. I think it would put some things into play that would be worthy of the match. Not to mention, Reigns could be the next Brock.

What makes you even think Cesaro is worthy of getting in the ring with Brock?

Cesaro is more of a Ryback/Axel than a CM Punk.
Kind of agree, although I think Cesaro has a chance to prove that wrong in the next year. I just don't see the huge positives of having Brock vs Rock, unless Brock goes over after signing another contract with the WWE.

He still got a bright future ahead of him, taking the risk and having him face the guy who ended the streak next year is too soon and just ridiculous.
Agreed, Cesaro isn't on the Bray or Reigns level yet. Putting Cesaro in that spot is a bit too much imo.

WM26 and WM27 failed to reach over 1 million buys. The Rock came back for 3 WMs and all 3 of them got over a million buys.

And WM25 and WM26 had Jeff Hardy, Edge, Shawn Michaels and The Undertaker.

WM31 won't have those names.

First off 27 did reach 1 million, and it did have Rock. That said Edge, Hardy, Micahels, and Taker really weren't the highest drawing guys around. Rock, Cena, Brock, more than makes up for their absence imo. Even Daniel Bryan might.

I continue to be confused by all the people who think The Rock was legitimately injured during his WM29 match. Again, it's physically impossible to tear a muscle off the bone - like a Rock claimed he did - and continue to move normally. And, no, adrenaline doesn't change that fact. Go watch the match again, watch how he has no trouble moving his legs, and you can tell that he didn't suffer the injury he claimed he did. Come on, people. Common sense is your friend.

Well, it seems you're the only doctor to claim The Rock's injury was impossible.
You would think with Rock being the workaholic that he is, that if he had a reason to make something up, he would just fake a bad back, or a family emergency... instead of taking months out of his schedule for this big scam he's pulling...
So The Rock faked a random injury, faked being in hospital, faked surgery, faked visiting doctors, missed lots of promoting his movie that was coming out... and what is the common sense for that???
Let me guess, Rock hates wrestling and he didn't want to appear on Raw the next night, despite having no other plans, and being in the city??
Yes, common sense at its finest!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back