Report: Potential Plans For Ryback

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
According to a report from F4WOnline.com, it looks like WWE has at least one more big feud lined up for Ryback. According to the report, there are currently plans to have Ryback feud against Brock Lesnar with a match likely happening at the Royal Rumble. Given Heyman's comments this past Monday, namely referring to Ryback as that "big dummy", it looks as though a face turn might be happening. The storyline would be that Paul Heyman lays the blame for being put in a wheelchair at Ryback's feet and sends in Brock Lesnar to obliterate him.

The report goes onto state that WWE officials ultimately want to have Ryback face Goldberg at WrestleMania XXX, but they don't believe it'll happen. At least, that's what the report alleges based on info from its sources. Goldberg himself has stated in an interview that he wouldn't return to WWE just to lose a match.

If the plan is to ultimately go ahead with Taker vs. Lesnar at WrestleMania, then Lesnar losing to Ryback will put a huge damper on his heat. Considering that Ryback has been handily beaten by CM Punk three times in the past few months and that he reportedly has a ton of heat backstage with officials, I expect that WWE will ultimately use Ryback as a tune up win for Lesnar.

As far as Ryback vs. Goldberg, I don't expect it to happen and never really have. When I first heard the reports/rumors of WWE wanting Goldberg for WrestleMania, it just seemed unlikely. For one thing, I'd imagine that Goldberg would want a ridiculous amount of money that WWE officials wouldn't think he's worth. Also, as Goldberg has said himself, he doesn't want to come back just to lose. It almost sounds as if Goldberg expects to get the same sort of treatment as The Rock despite not having nearly as much to bring to the table. IF Goldberg did come back and this match did take place, then I'd definitely prefer Ryback going over. Ryback's much younger, he's a much better worker in my eyes and Goldberg will simply disappear again with his big paycheck in hand.

If they can get Lesnar for the Royal Rumble then that is fantastic. We know he is a massive draw and I reckon him and Ryback could have a fairly entertaining match - granted it was no DQ.

I'm not sure what I think about Ryback turning face. I think he was becoming fairly popular as a face before his heel turn and thus far it is been a failure. Heyman was meant to save him but they have barely tested that - it seems very odd to split them up to soon.

Ryback/Goldberg is something I am undecided on. Yes, I want to see Goldberg but a match and feud between the two doesn't excite me. I guess I could cope with Goldberg vs Ryback at WM. Also, surely Ryback would be the heel in that scenario; oh well, I think his career is doomed.

Lesnar vs. Ryback would make sense in a years time if the Ryback/Heyman alliance had time to blossom. As it stands, Lesnar is so far above Ryback, and shouldn't be losing to him at a show that's just 3 months away, that it makes zero sense.

Lesar vs. Ryback has about as much chance of happening at the Rumble as Goldberg vs. Ryback at Mania. Goldberg is retired, file him next to Steve Austin.

Maybe this is my own myopia but I just don't see much upside to Ryback. At this point, anyone "big" like Lesnar or Goldberg putting him over would seem like a gift. Ryback's had zero push since this time last year. None. Zip. Nada. The switch from face to heel has done little to give him any gravitas. Lesnar Vs. Ryback will be mildly interesting, but I'd expect WWE to push Lesnar for a match with Undertaker over trying to bolster Ryback.

I believe that it is a great idea to make Ryback a baby face again because he was going nowhere as a heel and putting him up against Lesnar at the Royal Rumble that would be great to watch. He will have a better chance hopefully to get a title as a baby face but I believe he shouldn't verse Goldberg at wrestle mania 30

Feed me more

Maybe this is my own myopia but I just don't see much upside to Ryback. At this point, anyone "big" like Lesnar or Goldberg putting him over would seem like a gift. Ryback's had zero push since this time last year. None. Zip. Nada. The switch from face to heel has done little to give him any gravitas. Lesnar Vs. Ryback will be mildly interesting, but I'd expect WWE to push Lesnar for a match with Undertaker over trying to bolster Ryback.

Ryback had a wwe title program with cena, and get to be a paul heyman guy in which the ryback fanboys were craving for. I wouldnt say ryback had no push. Granted nobody can beat cena fair and square, unless you're super over like dbryan was. While the feud between punk and heyman gone stale, the benefit of being along side with heyman supposed to be huge and yet ryback didnt get any of that rub.

As far as ryback facing lesnar at the rumble. I swear come january, the iwc will be piss with wwe creative for having ryback jobbed to lesnar and not thinking about the future lol. Lesnar aint losing heading into mania and ryback aint benefiting anything much from losing besides getting the exposure feuding with lesnar.

I knew this was going to happen, but I prefer it to be at Elimination Chamber since Elimination Chamber is in Brock's hometown and Brock would get a great reaction

If they are planning this, all I can see is Lesnar going over Ryback. Ryback is nowhere close to Lesnar, plus if this year has done something, it's that Ryback has lost every bit of momentum he had. If this happens though, I could care less simply because at this point, Ryback has no momentum. I can see him being the cannon fodder before the big fight for Lesnar.

On Goldberg v Ryback, again I am not sure I want to see that. Ryback is better in ring than Goldberg (at least according to me), but that's not saying much about his in ring ability, is it? Match would likely be a snooze-fest at WM and I am not sure it'll pop any buyrate for the big event.

Makes perfect sense. Heyman/CM Punk has run its course for now (until he manages Punk again which I'm sure will happen down the line). Feuding with Lesnar will isolate Ryback meaning that Ryback can turn back face without having to really interact with the other faces he has been in conflict with over the last few months.

If this report is true then I doubt there is heat with officals on the part of Ryback. We think you suck so please feud with a guy we respect so much he gets million plus dollars for about 4 matches a year. Yer so one of these reports is false unless Ryback vs Lesnar was a 2 minute match.

I think this is GREAT NEWS for RYback. I wasn't as optiistic about a heel run. His feud with Cena was lame because it should have been reversed. Cena should have went heel at WM. To curb my excitement over this news I have only 3 words to say: FEED ME MORE!!!!

I kinda like the idea of a Lesnar/Ryback but not for the Rumble. Rumble is just too soon to build Ryback into a credible opponent for Lesnar. A lengthy win streak against some top level talent would do wonders for him but not only does he need to win he needs to look good doing it. Good showings against guys like Sandow, Cessaro, and Swagger would give him a bit of momentum heading into the Rumble match. Then either have him flirt with ir exactly break the record for most elimnations in the Rumble to build him back up as a monster. Then have him get convincing wins over guys like the Wyatt Family or Roman Reigns leading up to a strong showing in the elimination chamber where he loses due to outside interference then BAM!!! he's back to looking credible enuff to be in the ring with the likes of Goldberg and Brock Lesnar. Ppl continue to bash Ryback but are we forgetting that this time last year he was clearly the number 3( and for a brief moment number 2) top guy in the WWE. Hell he was so over that WWE used him as The Shield"s stepping to the level that they're at now. With some work and careful planning Ryback could be well on his way back up the ladder of the company.

I don't see Ryback vs. Goldberg, but I'm not opposed to it. And no, I don't believe Goldberg would refuse to lose. I think he's more than likely attempting to gin up interest and make it seem more competitive. If Vince breaks the bank, Goldberg's there.

Ryback vs. Brock, if the eventual plan is Brock vs. Undertaker, should be Brock destroying Ryback. I like Ryback, but he's been ruined. I suppose it's possible he shoots back up (check Mark Henry), I just don't see it. Brock vs. Taker, one match, is more important to WWE.

Don't really get The WWE's thinking with this. Ryback is not a big draw and his booking has extremely questionable over the past year or so. One has to ask why the WWE have discussed this or whatever. It would be a complete disaster IMO because if Lesnar is to face The Undertaker at WrestleMania, then there is NO way in hell he can lose to Ryback of all people.

Another factor to consider is if Ryback loses, it is yet another loss on his weak looking resume. The more he loses, the more I continue to view Ryback as a complete joke. In fact, if they did plan this match then the WWE would be wise to save for after WrestleMania because chances are Lesnar will lose to The Undertaker. This then opens the door up for Lensar's next feud for Extreme Rules (one would assume anyway). So that way, Ryback will have gained some much needed momentum to be a believable threat to Brock Lesnar.

Ryback would be the face going into this, and getting his revenge against Paul Heyman. A main event match between these at Extreme Rules or possibly Summerslam in 2014 would be a fantastic idea but BEFORE WrestleMania hell no!

I kinda like the idea of a Lesnar/Ryback but not for the Rumble. Rumble is just too soon to build Ryback into a credible opponent for Lesnar. A lengthy win streak against some top level talent would do wonders for him but not only does he need to win he needs to look good doing it. Good showings against guys like Sandow, Cessaro, and Swagger would give him a bit of momentum heading into the Rumble match. Then either have him flirt with ir exactly break the record for most elimnations in the Rumble to build him back up as a monster. Then have him get convincing wins over guys like the Wyatt Family or Roman Reigns leading up to a strong showing in the elimination chamber where he loses due to outside interference then BAM!!! he's back to looking credible enuff to be in the ring with the likes of Goldberg and Brock Lesnar. Ppl continue to bash Ryback but are we forgetting that this time last year he was clearly the number 3( and for a brief moment number 2) top guy in the WWE. Hell he was so over that WWE used him as The Shield"s stepping to the level that they're at now. With some work and careful planning Ryback could be well on his way back up the ladder of the company.

The problem with putting Cryback in with Sandow, Cessaro and Swagger is that even if Cryback squashes them, all that makes him is king of the mid-card. If they want Cryback to be a credible opponent for Lesnar, they need Cena to job clean to him.

Jobbing Cena to Ryback wouldn't hurt Cena one bit either. He's still going to be the face of the company, but the rub would give Cryback a lot. He'd also have to convincingly beat Big Show and maybe Orton.

IRyback vs. Brock, if the eventual plan is Brock vs. Undertaker, should be Brock destroying Ryback.

That seems certain, doesn't it? But even to reach that point, management would have to totally revitalize the Ryback character. As things stand now, he's on a downward spiral, seemingly headed back to the mid-card.

To be considered a viable opponent for Brock, they're going to have to re-build Ryback to epic proportions, especially since Brock doesn't like to face performers who aren't at the top of the roster (ask Hardcore Holly, back in the day). In Cena, Triple H and Punk, Brock certainly has had no problem on that score.

Plus, if the company wants the match to sell in whatever PPV they designate it for, Ryback is going to have to be built into a monster again, someone whom the PPV buying public can consider a true threat to Brock. The match-up already has the chops as far as body size of the opponents go; that's not a problem. Given Vince McMahon's preference for big bodies, he might think that's enough to sell the match.....which would be a mistake, imo.

Still.....however they plan and publicize this match.....can you see a scenario in which Ryback beats Brock Lesnar?

I can't.

WWE sees Ryback as a big guy who destroys smaller men, and we're supposed to instantly believe that he can hang with either Goldberg and especially Brock Lesnar?

Nobody would care about Ryback facing either of these men. Lesnar could face the Rock or Undertaker, and people would care. Not even Lesnar is a big enough deal to make people care about Ryback again. Lesnar only has like 3 matches per year in his contract, don't waste one on Ryback, who is nothing these days.

Goldberg, on the other hand, is clearly still just a walking ego. He said he's unwilling to lose if he was to wrestle one more match in the WWE? Well, screw him, then. Many other wrestlers have said that Goldberg has no respect for the business, and it's stuff like that which makes me believe it. He doesn't deserve to have the ego he has. He doesn't have the mainstream appeal of The Rock or Brock Lesnar, nor the drawing power of Undertaker or John Cena, and yet he clearly sees himself in that kind of category. The WWE doesn't need him because he's simply not that big a deal anymore.

Honestly, Ryback shouldn't be in a major match at Wrestlemania. He desperately needs to be rebuilt after getting beaten over and over by Punk. He's practically on the same level as Curtis Axel, used as a pawn in the feud between Punk and Heyman. So yeah, try to repair some of the damage done to Ryback before even considering him for a major match.

It all kind of goes to show that maybe Ryback should've beaten Punk for the WWE title a year ago... Or at least beaten Cena.

According to a report from F4WOnline.com, it looks like WWE has at least one more big feud lined up for Ryback. According to the report, there are currently plans to have Ryback feud against Brock Lesnar with a match likely happening at the Royal Rumble. Given Heyman's comments this past Monday, namely referring to Ryback as that "big dummy", it looks as though a face turn might be happening. The storyline would be that Paul Heyman lays the blame for being put in a wheelchair at Ryback's feet and sends in Brock Lesnar to obliterate him.

The report goes onto state that WWE officials ultimately want to have Ryback face Goldberg at WrestleMania XXX, but they don't believe it'll happen. At least, that's what the report alleges based on info from its sources. Goldberg himself has stated in an interview that he wouldn't return to WWE just to lose a match.

If the plan is to ultimately go ahead with Taker vs. Lesnar at WrestleMania, then Lesnar losing to Ryback will put a huge damper on his heat. Considering that Ryback has been handily beaten by CM Punk three times in the past few months and that he reportedly has a ton of heat backstage with officials, I expect that WWE will ultimately use Ryback as a tune up win for Lesnar.

As far as Ryback vs. Goldberg, I don't expect it to happen and never really have. When I first heard the reports/rumors of WWE wanting Goldberg for WrestleMania, it just seemed unlikely. For one thing, I'd imagine that Goldberg would want a ridiculous amount of money that WWE officials wouldn't think he's worth. Also, as Goldberg has said himself, he doesn't want to come back just to lose. It almost sounds as if Goldberg expects to get the same sort of treatment as The Rock despite not having nearly as much to bring to the table. IF Goldberg did come back and this match did take place, then I'd definitely prefer Ryback going over. Ryback's much younger, he's a much better worker in my eyes and Goldberg will simply disappear again with his big paycheck in hand.

That's actually a little surprising since it really seems like they're getting down on Ryback. It could be a good match though... and if nothing else being paired with Lesner could teach Ryback a lesson about working safe.

As for the Goldberg thing... unless he's coming back for an extended run, there's literally no reason to bring him back if he won't do a job. He wouldn't bring in enough buy rates to make up for what it would cost to use him, and the entire purpose of using him would be to help get someone (in this case Ryback) over. Ryback loses whatever heat he has left if he jobs to Goldberg... especially since he'd likely be jobbing to Lesner right before.

If Goldberg was willing to come back for an extended run though... then yeah absolutely put him over Ryback at WM30. Then use him to put someone else over before his run is finished.

I don't see Ryback vs. Goldberg, but I'm not opposed to it. And no, I don't believe Goldberg would refuse to lose. I think he's more than likely attempting to gin up interest and make it seem more competitive. If Vince breaks the bank, Goldberg's there.

Ryback vs. Brock, if the eventual plan is Brock vs. Undertaker, should be Brock destroying Ryback. I like Ryback, but he's been ruined. I suppose it's possible he shoots back up (check Mark Henry), I just don't see it. Brock vs. Taker, one match, is more important to WWE.

I don't know about that. Goldberg's always been a pretty big mark for himself, and he doesn't like to lose.

I absolutely agree that Ryback's been ruined though. He's a guy that needs to be a monster and destroy people... yet everyone seems like they can beat him.

What they need to do with him honestly, is take him off TV for a long while (even a year or so). Then bring him back and just let him be that monster that tears through everyone. He needs time away to erase the stigma of this past year.

I think the main problem with Ryback turning heel was he did nothing for about what 2 months, then came to the aid of Heyman, and....that was it. The 3 stages of Hell showed Ryback was a potential wrestler, but the problem was as a face they didn't want "Feed me more" to be more over then Ryback and thats why they turned him heel, may not be written somewhere, but I remember a Yes chant overpowering Daniel Bryan on a heel run, now as a face they run with it.

All in all Ryback needs to be face, go back to the feed me more, and let him have a real fight with Brock, even if Brock wins this does one of two things 1. Gives Ryback credibility again as he jammed toe to toe with Brock even by losing it gives him the accolades of a big guy hero, and maybe down the road can get revenge on Brock, and 2. This also sets up Brock as a dominate heel going into WM30 against Taker if thats the route they go in, but also sets Ryback up to be able to go into a high profile feud and not be a potential squash victim, now not saying that is what will or won't happen, but look at the Brock Cena match, I hate Cena as a character and my daughter loves him, but I had mad respect for Cena after his match with Brock if they did the same thing for Ryback, Ryback could get respect to win or lose.

I liked Ryback as a babyface the first time round. The problem i had with this heel run is he turned from that believable monster to this pussy that feigned injury to get out of matches.

A new babyface run for Ryback in which he doesn't lose at PPV's and has that monster feel back is definitely something i can DIG !

I don't see the point in wasting any more time on Ryback, he isn't very good, he can't work safely, he isn't much on the mic and has no presence. He's a big lug who looks like a movie heavy from the 80's that Arnie and Stallone would beat up on their way to the main bad guy. He sucked as a face and has barely been more tolerable as a heel.

I understand the WWE wanting a top powerhouse face like a Batista or Goldberg. I've always preferred smaller wrestlers but variety is good and in Roman Reigns and Big E I think WWE have two guys with potential to fill the above role, Ryback isn't the guy and wasting one of Brock's very limited dates on him would be a crime, I'd much rather see Lesnar in the Rumble itself.

Ryback was over as a face and with the feed me more chants last year. His heel run has been a flop and is not working. Hopefully they can turn him and back and get him to that level he was at. I think they could turn him now and have him feud with Axel and that eventually lead into a Lesnar feud heading into the Rumble. Ive been waiting years to see Ryback vs Lesnar and would rather see it sooner rather than later. Ryback's one of the few on the roster that can match up to him physically. They can still have Ryback looking strong even if he ends up jobbing especially in a No DQ match. It also gives a high profile match for Rumble and they are probably hoping for a big buy rate like last years.
As for a Goldberg return I will believe it when I see it. There seems to be rumours every year about him returning and I have my doubts. But if it does happen I think you would have to keep Ryback heel with his bullying gimmick for the feud to work. Goldberg would be the one to finally stand up to Ryback. Even is he ends up jobbing to Goldberg he still gets to have a high profile match at Mania against a returning legend.

Yeah, when you look at the match up on paper, I guess you could ring the doomsday bells for Ryback's character and career. BUT, if this match happens, I could see Ryback walking away with renewed support as a face from the live crowds.

Yes, Lesnar has to win or else a loss will cripple his momentum and mystique heading into Wrestlemania XXX. And let's face facts, when you compare the two, Brock Lesnar is the more valuable commodity, and it's not even close, so you have to protect him.

Still, think about it like this. Ryback is able to endure the pounding from Lesnar. Lesnar can still beat the piss out of Ryback, but Ryback refuses to quit, until Lesnar drives the nail into the coffin (i.e. an F5). Lesnar walks away as the indestructible beast with Heyman gloating at his side. After the match, refs and doctors do their best to help Ryback to the back, and who knows, WWE could roll out a stretcher.

But Ryback has too much pride to accept the help. He walks out on his own two feet like a man, and the crowd shows respect with a strong ovation. A similar scenario to The American Bad Ass Taker beating the shit out of Jeff Hardy years ago on Raw, and Hardy refusing to quit. Of course, Lesnar and Heyman won't return to raise Ryback's hand, for obvious reasons.

The match with Goldberg? Eh, I dunno. I've said this before, but I don't put too much stock in the "Goldberg!" chants directed at Ryback. It's just a bunch of smarky fans doing their best to get under Ryback's skin, nothing more, nothing less.

If we're using his whiny tweets and bitter interviews as evidence, Goldberg is of the belief he's some super mega star, who didn't receive the proper treatment or respect during his WWE run. Yeah, that's bullshit. Plus, if Goldberg refuses to lose, then just forget about it. Goldberg was a flash in the pan, and now, Bill Goldberg the man has an enormous and delusional ego.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back