Report: Major Heat On Ryback

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Based on a report from PWInsider Elite, it's looking as the bloom is off the rose as far as Ryback is concerned. The report indicates that Ryback has a lot of heat from WWE officials stemming from several sources.

One issue with Ryback is that officials feel that he's actually regressed inside the ring rather than progressing forward. Officials feel that he's getting sloppy in the ring, therefore becoming dangerous to himself & to others. Some stars have been roughed up by Ryback recently, including CM Punk.

WWE officials also, reportedly, feel that he hasn't conducted himself well in media appearances. There's talk that he gives the impression that he simply doesn't want to be there and is difficult to deal with. Allegedly, Ryback is said to be "annoyed" when making appearances to promote WWE. It's said that it's getting to the point where Vince McMahon is losing patience with him. According to the report, Vince is considering separating Heyman from Ryback so that Heyman can progress and work with someone else.

If all this is true, then it doesn't come as much of a surprise. It's been obvious that WWE has very much cooled on Ryback since about this time last year and in the early goings of 2013. I've seen pictures posted online from fans who've attended certain media appearances featuring Ryback and he does look pretty sour in the photos. While I've generally enjoyed him in the ring, it's true that the guy's pretty stiff and can be sloppy at times.

I was initially surprised to hear about the alleged consideration of splitting Heyman from Ryback. However, after having a little time to think about it, it does kind of make sense. Heyman's been gold since returning to WWE and is among the top promo guys in wrestling today. If WWE isn't pleased with Ryback's progress, then giving up on him and having Heyman work with someone else is a better use of Heyman. He's too good of a mouthpiece to waste on someone WWE's lost faith in.

I am not surprised. The dude absolutely sucks in the ring and on the mic and is completely arrogant about his position on the company. I mean, coming out with statements such as "the fans can do one, I will end the Streak" etc.... and just generally comes off as a bit cocky. However, I am still somewhat of a fan of his. This sounds all too similar to the Dolph Ziggler problem, I think the main issue is that Ryback, despite his clear limitations, is a guy who can think for himself. Much like Ziggler, they have their own minds for the business. The problem with this is that it often leads to resentment from the WWE.

Lets hope that this all passes and Ryback improves in the ring a little. As for the media appearance stuff, I have no idea tbh...I have not noticed a bad attitude other than the odd smart ass remark to certain fans out there.

Ryback acting like a prick is his whole character right now. It's hard to believe that WWE would be mad at someone who is staying in character during media appearances. He should be even more of a prick and start bullying people during his media appearances. Add to his bad guy status.

The mistake WWE made was pairing Heyman with Axel instead of Cesaro. Axel dragged it down. Ryback has actually given credibility to the "Heyman Guy" status. If they take Heyman away from someone, it's going to be Axel. That seems to be the direction they're going with.

The way people talk about him, it's like he's a less talented version of Goldberg. That's not a comparison of the in-ring characters, I mean it sounds like Ryback outside the ring has the same problems that Goldberg had outside the ring.

Goldberg too was given a monster push when first arrived, and his ego spiralled out of control because of it, despite the fact that he was sloppy and dangerous in the ring and terrible on the microphone. Ryback obviously hasn't reached the same heights as Goldberg, but clearly he's now got the same ego and attitude problems.

Ryback doesn't deserve to be fired. That would likely mean he'd go to TNA and have some good success, assuming TNA are still in a position where they could afford someone like him. He deserves to be in the midcard, jobbing to talent that need a bit of a rub. Let's not forget that it's still a pretty big deal to beat Ryback. Off the top of my head, only Cena, Punk and Mark Henry have ever beaten Ryback one on one in the two years he's been around. That's pretty good, so I think a younger, midcard face pinning him clean would help.

As for Paul Heyman, Ryback doesn't deserve him. If you look at other guys who need a mouthpiece, there's guys like Cesaro who are far more talented than Ryback, or guys like Roman Reigns, who work their asses off to get better and have a bright future ahead of them. Heyman is better when he has a project to sink his teeth into, and if he ditched the mediocrity of Ryback and Axel, he could really do some great things for the company.

When he first became Ryback the dirt sheets were spreading stories that people didn't want to work with him because he was dangerous in the ring. Did he get better and then go back to his old ways or something? If any of that is true anyway.

There was a video posted on the front page a few days ago where he was talking about how he doesn't really have friends in the WWE. He said he works out along. Travels alone. He said he isn't there to make friends. He's there to achieve his goals. He named a couple people he said he gets along with but again stated he doesn't have any friends in the company. So maybe he doesn't like the media appearances and stuff. Not everyone is going to be a Miz or Cena or Ziggler where they enjoy that spotlight.

I don't see the interest in him anyway so it wouldn't bother me if they did separate him and Heyman.

Another bullsh**t report written by a butthurt little nerd who still lives with his parents. Most likely a CM Punk mark. Who the hell still takes PWInsider seriously? This "report" is such BS it's not even funny. Splitting Heyman from Ryback LOL, in your dreams. How pathetic are you people? Ryback is there to stay. He's already an established name, and whether you like it or not, he's set for another big push after the boring feud with CM Punk.

I wonder how much of this is true and how much may be to do with Goldberg not playing ball with them? It's clear they're going for Lesnar v Taker now so Ryback has lost out on that - the only real meaningful thing they can do is send him at Goldberg... but if Bill won't sign or work with him (which is possible) then he has very little upside left for the next year at least.

You notice that they seem to be souring quickly on a lot of guys - Ziggler and Ryback in particular. Barrett apparently had visa holdups cos of the shutdown but with the re-package stuff he and Heyman seem a pretty good fit if they do remove Ryback.

As for being dangerous - that is clearly an issue and it did for Kennedy when top names started getting banged up. Ryback is not working out for WWE, if he has even a hint of attitude about him they will bin him off VERY quickly.

WWE creative (most likely Vince) fucked up Ryback right out of the gate by trying to give him a Goldberg push, squashing jobbers every week. Since then they've blamed the Goldberg chants on the fact that they look similar and on news reports comparing the two. Vince needs to own up to the fact that they fucked up with Ryback. I don't blame Ryback for having a shitty attitude or sucking in the ring since most of his matches are less than a minute long or are against people who can't give him a good match (Mark Henry, CM Punk).

Another bullsh**t report written by a butthurt little nerd who still lives with his parents. Most likely a CM Punk mark. Who the hell still takes PWInsider seriously? This "report" is such BS it's not even funny. Splitting Heyman from Ryback LOL, in your dreams. How pathetic are you people? Ryback is there to stay. He's already an established name, and whether you like it or not, he's set for another big push after the boring feud with CM Punk.

I was gonna post something similar to this. I'm reluctant to believe this report mostly because it makes no sense. Ryback has a match every once in a while besides a tag team match and he looks okay to me. And it makes no sense to split him from Heyman he was the perfect addition to this feud and he's doing a good job in his role of it as far as I'm concerned. It all depends on the ppv tomorrow night but I don't really see this as being true.

so last week sites were saying he was going to wrestle Undertaker at Mania, now he's being dropped by Heyman? okay then.

I totally expect him to win the RR now

I can honestly say I'm not entirely surprised if true. I mean the guy has apparently injured Punk twice and screwed up a powerbomb spot with Daniel Bryan during that gauntlet on Raw some odd months ago. It also doesnt help that the crowd just plain old doesnt give a damn about anything he does. So in this regard I cant blame WWE for being disappointed in Ryback even though some of this is their fault as well. They honestly should have never taken away his "feed me more" chants because it exposed Ryback too much. I never liked him but he still had a sense of "overness" when he was using the chant but as soon as it was taken away the audience stopped caring.

Gotta call bogus. I dont even understand what the report is about

"he has major heat because he is a sucky wrestler"

Is that what it is trying to say? There is zero different about him than when he started.

I am a huge RYBACK! fan and I hope he doesn't get fired or squashed out of relevancy.

As far as any complaints of his out of the ring but public persona, I think it has to do with the time we live in. Perhaps we want everything that intimidates us to be gentler and more agreeable to out liking.

Look at Stone Cold Steve Austin. A very violent and anarchist drunk he was on TV. If he had that persona during autograph signings what we have thought? Bad example?

The only issue that should be taken up with RYBACK! is the physical risk he could be imposing on himself and others if he does not fine-tune his craft and allow his talent to grow. Obviously he has a big problem putting over others at this point, so he fo sho needs a reality check in that department. But I sure don't believe hope is gone, UNLESS THE WWE FIRES HIS ASS! then I better go find another big guy to cheer for.

In a way I think its WWE's fault, they gave him this massive push of being this gladiator/monster that got a pop but until he lost PPV after PPV he hasn't been the same.
He probably has a lot of pressure on himself making him look sloppy on the ring. But i do agree he lacks some mic and in ring skills but that is why he is with Heyman.

If Ryback acts like a ass to the media, no blame should be on him, its the role WWE has gave him, I would think if he acted like the nicest guy to the media that would draw heat. Its bad enough when heels on tv are shown in WWE promos for something with children reading books. That stuff should only be for the "faces" not heels to take part in.

I take all of these "major heat" reports with a substantial grain of salt. I'll believe it when Ryback's fired, basically. Until then, I can't tell whether it's because someone in the back office is butthurt, or he's actually got a bad attitude, or he's hurting people or what. I tend to think that if you think someone's a risk in the ring, you do not make him a major part of a PPV. But then again, maybe they're just terminally stupid.

a big part of the job is to work with the media and to make appearances representing wwe in a positive light, even when working as a heel. since the breaking through of kayfabe and the outing of wrestling as a work, the roles of the wrestlers in the public eye have changed. Even during his legend killer run, and his other heel rusn when he was punt kicking people into the hospital, randy orton was still making positive press appearances to showcase the wwe and highlight his role. the problem I feel with some peoples mentalities is that the real side of the wrestlers was hidden for so long that even though they are coming up in a different era some still feel that old school vibe of hiding behind kayfabe. what wrestlers need to do is start promoting themselves as being actors portraying roles. If they are going to focus so much on the written aspect and scripting of so many talk segments with matches being an afterthought, they should spring for all their workers (wrestlers, refs, announce team. etc...) to get acting lessons along with their in ring training.
If Ryback is not comfortable in the spotlight and being the focus at nonwrestling based events, then he needs to man up and deal with it. He's only going to make money if fans want to see him(either boo or cheer) and if he treats fans like shit, then they will turn away and not spend their money on anything that might lead to him making money. As with any other sport, being in the public eye away from the game as it were, is a part of the life he chose and if he's a winy little baby who doesn't want to deal with it, then dump him because he in no way has earned the right to shy away from the public. He hasn't reached a spot or level in his field to be given the leeway to be an ass to the public and still have them support him. And if he keeps it up, then he never will be more then one of those 'what could have been' kind of guys.

Well this isn't working for me, ryback should go face again, and heyman go back and get that girl that he teased before, the ryback idea sucked and just stretched out a stale storyline the feud should end tonight, with ryback feuding with big e, and heyman fires ryback and goes get's him a diva.

WWE officials also, reportedly, feel that he hasn't conducted himself well in media appearances. There's talk that he gives the impression that he simply doesn't want to be there and is difficult to deal with. Allegedly, Ryback is said to be "annoyed" when making appearances to promote WWE.

That could be a problem, yes. In the ring, he is what he is. Being musclebound, we're not going to see Ryback executing 619s...... and the next dropkick he launches will surely be his first.

But if, like so many celebrated people, he's become full of himself and started thinking the media appearances are beneath him, I can see Vince McMahon coming down hard. McMahon has surely had to suffer many fools in his long career......and I doubt Ryback has the standing in the industry to shield him against Vince's wrath.

On the other hand, we still see Ryback on our TV screens every week, doing what he does. True, his performance in the ring hasn't really improved since he was lifting two stiffs on his back and high-stepping around the ring before dumping their skinny asses. But he does what he was brought here to do and as long as he doesn't kill anyone with his sloppiness, he'll most likely be allowed to continue doing it.

Ol' Vinnie Mac does love those big bodies, after all.

But if, like so many celebrated people, he's become full of himself and started thinking the media appearances are beneath him, I can see Vince McMahon coming down hard. McMahon has surely had to suffer many fools in his long career......and I doubt Ryback has the standing in the industry to shield him against Vince's wrath.

On the other hand, we still see Ryback on our TV screens every week, doing what he does. True, his performance in the ring hasn't really improved since he was lifting two stiffs on his back and high-stepping around the ring before dumping their skinny asses. But he does what he was brought here to do and as long as he doesn't kill anyone with his sloppiness, he'll most likely be allowed to continue doing it.

Reading these 2 paragraphs brought a name to mind to compare Ryback's supposed situation with - The Miz.

Miz, when he's not screwing things up for WWE, seems to be one of their preferred media men and was praised by those mysterious backstage types for all his media work in promoting not just the WWE but also their other affiliated projects too. A lot of this was when he was a heel too and wasn't far removed from when he main-evented Mania.

Since then, what has his reward been? Very little.

Ryback is getting to take place in another big storyline with one of the top faces in the company who is active on social media for engaging with his fans. Why shouldn't Ryback be acting in the opposite fashion to Punk in this instance? This whole report just seems a bit silly.

You know; with the information age doing its best to spoil everything that may ever be considered "behind the scenes" gossip, I take everything I hear regarding backstage heat with a grain of salt.

Ryback is basically the second coming of Vader, if the crowd had half a brain between them then they'd be using the "Goldberg" chant on Cesaro. Vader was a guy who would absolutely trounce his opponents in the ring and take a good hour afterward to come down from his psycho-sadistic character. At that point he would check on you to see if you're okay, and at one time actually cried out loud because he thought he paralyzed a new kid (he really didn't by the way).

Ryback, according to my sources, is deep into spiritual awareness and that obnoxious "The Secret" fad that I thought had already run it's course back in 2005. He doesn't get annoyed by public appearances and is very happy to chit chat with anybody who'll listen to his philosophies on the deeper meanings of life. He'll laugh at every one of your jokes or wise cracks no matter how flippant toward his demeanor. His character in real life, as I've been told, is that of a gullible momma's boy.

Now, let's look at this from the WWE's perspective. I'm assuming that they've taken a few moments to recognize how well the ciggarette to the eye angle worked for Sandman back in the day in that he rarely left his house and would always have his head bandaged up if he ever did. I'm guessing that Vince has Ryback watch tapes of Vince's appearances on Letterman back in 1985 and before long Ryback is hating life worse than a Tough Enough winner, if only to mentally prepare him for representing his apathetic jerk-ass gimmick.

Is the WWE getting more clever? Hell no. We're just getting really fucking stupid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back