Remember Matt Cappotelli?

#hamler

That's all folks.
mattcapp06.jpg

For those who don't remember, Matt Cappotelli was the co-winner of WWE Tough Enough III. You know who was the other wrestler that won? John Hennigan, aka John Morrison. Matt was a former one time OVW champion (then still a developemental part of wwe) until he announced to OVW wrestlers and fans on April 4, 2007 that he would undergo surgery to remove a brain tumor. The majority of the brain tumor was removed. He underwent 30 Radiation treatments and is undergoing continual bouts of monthly chemotherapy. On January 4, 2009 Matt was release by the WWE. WWE are complete dicks about this. To this day, matt remains on OVW's roster even though he has not wrestled for approx. 3 years. Its a damn shame, this kid had so much damn potential. He had an amazing name for his superkick finisher...the aftertaste....that is just brilliant. He won the 2006 most inspirational wrestler of the year.

This is just the worst story ever. He was living his dream then it comes tumbling down. Imagine where he could've been today...

WWE weren't dicks about it. They kept him on their payroll for nearly two years.

As for him, his retirement speech where he gave up the OVW Title is one of the most amazing things I have ever seen, wrestling or not wrestling. Just pure emotion and energy the whole way through. After it ended Matt stayed around the OVW Arena talking individually to literally every single fan face to face. Absolutely amazing.

Hamler, take heed: if ever you find yourself truly perplexed and in need of knowledge, just fucking google it. The oracles of google are quite apt at retrieving information.

The Oracles Of Google said:
On July 24, 2010, Matt Cappotelli was on The Pain Clinic Talk Show out of Rochester, NY. He was asked about successes of his former partners The Miz and Morrison, as well as the question of what is he doing now. He currently manages a gym and athletic training faciltiy in Kentucky. One of the hosts also mentioned a WWE comeback to Matt, who seemed to enjoy the idea a bit for the few seconds it lasted.

As for Morrison and Miz, based on what I've seen, Matt blew them away in terms of talent and potential.

If only he could make a comeback, its a sad story. So much potential and his road ended with something like that. Well at least he survived his ordeal.

It looks like he still undergoing treatments. This all took place during my hiatus from wrestling, and reading it now, I'm actually a bit saddened by this myself.

Is all his available footage from Tough Enough? OH! Don't worry; I'll look it up. Plus, you guys already mentioned OVW.

DirtyJosé;2397336 said:
Hamler, take heed: if ever you find yourself truly perplexed and in need of knowledge, just fucking google it. The oracles of google are quite apt at retrieving information.

Google you say?
I may have to try that...hmmm let's see
He also owns a clothing company. Called "faith ink". Wow. Thanks :worship:

As for Morrison and Miz, based on what I've seen, Matt blew them away in terms of talent and potential.

Damn stright!

DirtyJosé;2397359 said:
It looks like he still undergoing treatments. This all took place during my hiatus from wrestling, and reading it now, I'm actually a bit saddened by this myself.

Is all his available footage from Tough Enough? OH! Don't worry; I'll look it up. Plus, you guys already mentioned OVW.

Yeah he was there for a good while. Had a great look and was in a tag team called the Thrillseekers with Johnny from the Spirit Squad. Johnny turned heel on him and they had a very solid feud. Matt won the OVW Title from him and Mark Henry was brought into OVW for a rehab assignment. He jumped Matt and Matt superkicked him to the floor the next week. The next week Matt had to retire.

Yeah I remember the thrillseekers. Jeter to me was never a good ovw champ though... OVW back in those days was amazing. Now its not even worth mentioning

I remember one night on RAW in 2003 he teamed with Morrison against 2 people(don't remember who maybe Chris Nowinski was one?) and ended up getted DDT'd by Dreamer after the match. Great Wrestler.

How is the WWE a complete dick about this? Why should they pay someone who cannot work for them? That's just stupid.

How is the WWE a complete dick about this? Why should they pay someone who cannot work for them? That's just stupid.

Yeah let me take that statement back. I found a site about it and it said he was ok with it. It said he was able or healthy enough to compete. So I take it back sly.

Because cancer sucks and therefore WWE should give him money :shrug:
As long as the WWE didn't give him cancer, it's not their concern.

Yeah let me take that statement back. I found a site about it and it said he was ok with it. It said he was able or healthy enough to compete. So I take it back sly.
Even if he wasn't okay with it, it doesn't change the fact the WWE has a right to fire the guy any time they want, regardless of whether he has cancer or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back