Redemption: Alex Bowen vs. Action Saxton - Mayhem Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix

WZCW's First Triple Crown Champion
Alex Bowen has sought to find a competitor who could endure his trials enough to be a worthy challenger for his Mayhem Title, and he has found it in the form of Action Saxton. Now the waiting is over as these two will contest over the Championship under traditional Mayhem Rules, will Saxton win his first championship here in this company or will Bowen show that the trials were nothing in comparison to what he has waiting at Redemption?

Deadline is Tuesday 7th June 23:59 EST

The scene sets open again in James Coons' office. A bright light floods into the room over him and his guest. Setting to the right of him is a chair with a lovely lady with Auburn mid length hair. She has wide red eyes and is clutching a small balled up piece of tissue in her left hand. Mr. Coons consoles her with a soft pat on the shoulder. She lifts her head up timidly and looks kindly at the psychologist and opens her mouth to talk.

Woman- I haven't seen him in two and a half years. How did you find me?

Coons- That is a good question Anna, about a month ago your husband contacted me for someone to talk to. Lets get this out of the way, your husband has a lot of mental issues that I can't quit put my thumb on at the moment. Maybe if I knew more about him, can you tell me anything more about him. All I can really see from him is he enjoys the pain he puts himself in and others. He is a self-mutilator, but not in the normal sense. He won't do it himself, he uses this hardcore lifestyle to get away with it. He enjoys it Mrs. Bowen.

Anna- It's not that he enjoys it Mr. Coons, it's just that's all he knows. That's his only coping mechanism. He was beaten as a child, and had to watch his mother get beaten for most of his life. He left his home, well not left. He was arrested for almost murdering his father. He was a drunk and one night Alex came home to find him beating his mother again. Alex spent six months in the can for that, and I met him shortly after that.

Mr. Coons looks at his guest and strokes the small beard on his face. Mulling ideas around in his head. He nods to her and she continues to talk.

Anna- When he first joined Wzcw he found his long lost brother. Cory was a wrestler to and ever since then he just has been taking it to far. I can remember his match at his very first Kingdom Come. Cory beat him and after that Alex just kept beating himself up after every match. He was always coming home bloody and bruised. But he just started to take it farther and farther. He kept wrestling, but he was always on the road. Eventually we just lost touch and the last I had been told he was taken to a mental institution for rehabilitation. I called all over, but no one could tell me anything.

James shakes his head in agreement with the last statement and gets out of his seat and walks over to his desk and picks up a large tan folder. He opens it up and flips through a few pages and lets out a small aha, He flips the paper out and hands it to Mrs. Bowen. On the top of it is a bold black print that says classified with some print that is unreadable. But you can see the unmistakable picture of a bearded Alex Bowen. Tears start to flow down her face as she hands back the paper to the doctor.

Anna- For that long he was gone, He has two children and a loving wife at home. Why couldn't he just talk to me doctor!

Coons- Well from what I can see Mrs. Bowen your husband is very mentally disturbed from his childhood. Was he close with the brother who wrestled with him in Wzcw?

Anna- He always told me he tried to protect him as a kid. But his father hated Cory he was a rape baby, and Alex's father just wouldn't accept him as his own and tried to blame everything that the family went through on Cory. Alex took it rather hard when his brother rejected him and then beat him. I guess that is ware the self abuse and problems started. He was always hard on himself.

Coons look at the woman in front of him and then to his seat. He walks over and sets down, we can hear the soft leather making a small squeak as he adjusts his weight to center himself to face his guest.

Coons- Well Mrs. Bowen your husband is wrestling again. Like I said he visited about a month ago, I called you here to see if you could talk some sense into him. He will be here shortly. I've never seen a case like this, and I expect that it has gotten no better. He is a champion in his division, but from watching the last few shows he has been on a losing streak. I feel as if bringing you here might be a mistake, but something has to be done. Or he is going to seriously hurt someone.

James and Anna continue to speak as the camera fades out.

*About ten minutes later*

The cameras follow Alex up a long hall, he is wearing ripped up jean shorts and a black leather biker Jacket. His hair is a tangled mess and greasy. He scratches his arm and mutters something to himself as he walks up to a door. He rips off a loud knock and walks in the door. Doctor Coons as usual is setting across from an empty chair, he lets out and arm and points to the chair across from him. Coons reaches for the pad of paper on the floor beside him and clicks a pen as he opens the pad to write down notes. Alex smiles a yellow tooth grin at the shrink as Coons starts to talk.

Coons- Well how are you champ?

Alex- So you call me names and want to call me back here? What is your deal dude?

Coons- I would like to apologize for that, but we will get on that later. Really how are you, I've been watching Wzcw. It seems like your friend Saxton isn't being to friendly to you!

Alex looks at the shrink with wide eyes, he grits his teeth and we can see his jaw flex. His nostrils flair as he begins to talk.

Alex- Saxton? That coward? I am the voice of reason in this division. He has to steal wins, and run like a little girl from a 500 pound slob? He wants to take what I've worked so hard to keep? He really is living in that fantasy land of his isn't he? He wants to talk about jumping off of mountains and punching midgets through three or four walls. He's worse off than I am in the head. He needs to keep dreaming on, because his dreams of holding my Mayhem championship are over. Because Doc, at Redemption I am going to lay him down one last time.

Coons tilts his head to one side while looking over his notepad. The whole time he has been observing the champion and writing down notes.

Coons- Why are you so hostile Mr. Bowen? Why are you once again laying claims to beat people up? Mr. Saxton was your friend at one time, and now he is lower than dirt to you. What are you bottling up?

Alex- What the hell are you talking about Doctor? I am a fighting champion, as anyone can see I just want the best for this place. I am the best and Saxton isn't.

Coons- But why this verbal crawl through knifes for everyone you face. What is your problem with losing? Do you fear losing Alex?

Alex tilts his head down and scratches his disheveled mop of hair. He looks back up at the doctor with a puzzled look on his face.

Alex- It's because I've Still got something left to prove. It tends to keep things moving. While everyone around me says my last days are looming overhead, but just what the hell do they think they know? I keep my head above the water while they drown in the undertow. Because when it's all said and done you don't need anyone else. So let's get back to when everything seemed perfect. Not a worry in the world, so tell me was this all worth it? I get what I want, so everyone is always judging me. I'm not afraid of anything, and I've got the whole world in front of me to see that.

Doctor Coons drops the notepad to his lap, we can see the disheveled writing on the page. Notes scrawled all over the page, Coons puts a hand up to his face and he wipes down the wear and tear and looks at Alex nonchalant and says this.

Coons- You may not have anything left to prove. But Alex you are constantly masking the childhood you went through. That is why you are the way you are. You are mentally numb, that is why you do what you do. Pain doesn’t affect you the way it does others. You are a robot because of your past. But now you are making people take your scars. Cooper and Jones didn't deserve to be handled that way. They are wrestlers, not an insecure monster. Mr. Bowen you are worse than what I called you a few weeks ago. You are not a butcher. You are a monster, not fit for human life. Until you come to terms with your past you will never be just a wrestler.

Alex's eyes are burning a hole through the doctor. He is shaking with a small amount of rage and his right leg is bouncing off the ground in a frenzied fashion. He is breathing in heavily through his nose. He points one finger at the doctor and slowly blurts out

Alex- Who the hell are you, what are you talking about. Here me now doctor, my words are my vow, I have no regrets about my past. To hell with the chains, I am not a slave. Only children and the weak use what the couldn’t control as an ammo.... What am I talking about?! How do you know anything about me. Who are you?

Alex looks at the doctor who now has a grin on his face. His eyes are widening as he looks over the doctor. James still has a smile on his face as he gets up and walks to his desk. He hits a small box on his desk and a buzz is sent out into the hall. Alex starts breathing deeper as he looks at the doctor. He grips his hands on the ends of the chair as he stammers to talk.

Alex- This... Was to be about.... Saxton. What are you doing? How do you know so much? What have you done.

The camera pans over to the door in the room as the door knob turns slowly. The camera pans back over to Alex's face as the door opens and his face goes flush white as he looks at the person staring at him in the open door. Alex's wife Anna is standing just inside the door staring at him with red eyes. Mascara runs down her cheeks as the tears start to flow. Alex can't get up quicker as he stumbles backwards and falls on the floor. Backing up on his hands, trying to get away from his wife. He finally reaches the back wall and points to her with an open mouth.

Alex- It was you all along wasn't it? You're the one telling Coons these lies aren't you. I have nothing more to run from in my past.

Anna- Then why are you running from me and your family Alexander? What is eating at you? The doctor told me you were back to your old ways. But why all this nonsense? Why are you burning bridges with people once again? This all goes back to Cory doesn’t it?

Alex shakes his head as he tries to talk.

Alex- No this is about Saxton and everyone else. This is about my title. Doctor she is the crazy one, she is the one who needs the meds! NOT ME!!

Anna and James both try to talk at the same time, but Anna interjects on the Doctors thoughts. Her nostrils flair as it seems she has finally found her spine, she points at her husband.

Anna- You are a coward Alex, you put people through your pain. Your own family is the one suffering the most. Just because you had a terrible childhood doesn’t give you the right to run out on me and your daughters.

Alex looking at his wife shakes his head and balls up his fists and smacks them repeatedly against his head. James walks over to the Mayhem champ and grabs one of his hands, he shakes his head at Alex and slaps him across the face to wake him up out of his rage.

Coons- This is the thing you have to work around Mr. Bowen. You can't take your anger out on your opponents, or yourself. You have to grow from what happened in your past. Saxton isn't your enemy, he is your friend. You may not like the people you work with, but this is wrestling. Not a BDSM brothel. I'm surprised that with your actions of late that the owners haven’t stripped you of your title, or worse fired you completely.

Alex- You no nothing James! You are just judging me off of the bullshit she told you. This is about Saxton trying to take my title from me! Nothing more!

Coons- Then why are you yelling at me, and running away from your wife?

Alex puts his hands down on the ground and pushes himself up to a squat. He slowly stands up and pulls down his shirt. He looks at both his wife and the doctor. He starts laughing at the last statement of Dr. Coons.

Alex- You have no clue what it's like in my head James. You never will, you are just like all the others. You are more crazy than me. I've been changing faces, changing the game in this company. I've said it before and I'll say it again. I've lost a battle, but I won't let it happen again. This is my war, Saxton is dreaming of trading places with me. He just wants to be famous. This is my life, there is too much to lose. He cannot fill my shoes.

Coons- YOU AREN'T ANSWERING MY QUESTIONS ALEX!

James is shaking with rage looking at his client. Alex looks at the man in front of him and shakes his head and turns to the door. His wife see's his movement and tries to block the door. When Alex reaches the door he grabs her hand and moves it out of the way. He looks back at James who is still shaking and breathing heavily.

Alex- Make sure to watch my match at the PPV. You are about to See the real Alex Bowen. Torment is nothing compared to the trials I am about to make Saxton run through.

And with that Alex walks out the Door, the cameras cut out.

Signal Panic, Inc. Presents:
Acton Saxton
in
"Simplicity"

The sound of silence.

This is what pervades the scene as it fades into view, revealing a small room with muted grey velvet curtains loosely hanging on all four walls, barely covering the old, faded stones used to build them. More curtains are spread out on the floor, looking slightly worn, slightly moth-eaten, but otherwise untarnished. In the very center of the room stands an oak stool, unoccupied, with legs stained by paint splatters of an indeterminate color. The whole scene has a somewhat grainy quality, as though viewed through the lens of an old and dusty camera.

Footsteps break the silence, the sound of boot on concrete like gunshots in this place of quiet. After five seconds, they stop. Silence reigns once more, until slowly, the door on the west end of the room creaks open, and Action Saxton steps through. He is attired in a somber-looking black suit, a clothing choice uncharacteristic of the badass brother but one that suits him nonetheless. Slowly, he places one foot in front of the other, to end up next to the stool. A contemplative look crosses his face as he considers his next move.

Slowly, he bends down and seizes two of the stool's legs, bringing it up to shoulder height. He turns towards the camera and stares directly into it, just for a second, before pulling back and slamming the stool into the wall with a loud dynamite-like crack. As the oak strikes the wall, the stool shatters into a pile of dust and splinters.

Action Saxton surveys his handiwork for several seconds, before giving a nod of affirmation, turning on his heel, and walking straight out the door.

As the scene fades, words fill the screen.

Alex Bowen:

The time for talking is over. I have said all I have needed to say about this match in the past. It's time to continue to show the world just what I am about and to take my place in the annals of WZCW history.

There is a time for talk, and there is a time for Action. You've seen what I can do. It's time for you to feel it for yourself.

Good luck, son. You're going to need it.

Slowly, these fade away as well, leaving nothing but darkness, and silence once more.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back