Recent RAW Events....

Adam Rush

Can you feel...the electricity?
Is anyone else finding these last several RAWs to be the best in a long time?

I love the current product right now. Last week, we saw the occupy RAW segment, which was really good and may have been the best segment in a decade, then last night, we saw several memorable moments. Bray Wyatt's promo was very good (and a nice little plastic girlfriend reference), Cody Rhodes, Goldust, and Summer Rae's interaction was really fun to watch for me, the Shield's turn on Kane was fantastic, and the final segment brought back evil Steph at full force as well as giving us a ruthless aggression/attitude era-style beatdown.

How can anyone criticize the current product when it's been incredibly good since the launch of the WWE network? Brock Lesnar-Undertaker's build has been nice, Bryan-Triple H's build is finally starting to peak into where one of the two will be in the WWE title match, and to me it could go either way! The Bray Wyatt-John Cena feud has exceeded my expectations, bringing out the best in both and solidifying Bray Wyatt as a main-eventer in my eyes.

So is it just me, or is this product really, really fun right now?

I agree with everything except the idea that the Brock Undertaker build up has been "nice." To me it's been pretty non-existent, but on the other hand I wasn't really expecting much from it so it doesn't upset me. Just saying that I wouldn't count it as a feather in the cap of things are good right now.

I liked Bray's promo last night, but I thought Cena's was ridiculous. Not that it and of itself was bad, but that it made absolutely zero sense considering what he did last week. It was almost like he heard about all the criticisms of his joking promo and just did a complete 180 despite his on air persona having no reason to do so. If he wasn't scared of Wyatt last week, why was he last night? More of a nitpick as overall I think the feud has been fine and entertaining.

Yeah, Raw has been pretty damn enjoyable as of late. The Shield's slow-face (tweener?) turn has been really exciting to watch for me, as someone who's a big Shield fan. Bray Wyatt has been cutting some great promos. Taker and Lesnar has been slow, but they don't even need that much build up.

What the WWE deserves the most credit for, though, is the build for the WWE title and Bryan/Triple H match. That whole situation is like one big angle with all four men, but it's got its own little branches and subplots, and I'm really enjoying that. We're seeing the Redemption of Daniel Bryan, Triple H trying to destroy him, Orton and Batista starting to fire shots at each other, Trips starting to turn on them because of Bryan. It's some really great storytelling, the likes of which we haven't seen in a while.

I miss CM Punk, but not as much as I thought I would.

I agree. RAW has been enjoyable to watch as of late, but I think it's because of it being Wrestlemania Season, especially this year. It's a breath of fresh air. Last year's Mania build wasn't all that great compared to this year's. I would have loved for Punk to be around also for this build and milestone Mania but sh^t happens and they're doing fine without him. Hell, I've been enjoying the Smackdowns as well. I to am not expecting much in the Lesnar/Taker build up feud except for an awesome match on the 6th. I understand both are part timers, Paul Heyman is doing most of the talking because Brock isn't that great on the mic, and Taker really can't over do it physically before his big match. Wyatt's promos are always gold, it looks like Tamina and AJ will be squaring off for the title at the big dance, and turning Batista heel a few weeks back was the smartest thing they could have done. Mind you, Batista and even Orton sound like they're becoming tweeners which is still pretty cool. I had a feeling D Bryan was going to get added somehow to the Main event (it was just a matter of time) which is also awesome, and ever since Hogan announced the 30 man battle royal at least that will give us an idea that others that didn't make the card will be on it.

They have been doing some great things, and I must say,The Shield turn has gotten me quite excited. That plastic girlfriend quip was nice, and I believe Bray got Cena back just as good as Cena character assassinated him the week before. IF they are going to keep pushing this Christian vs Sheamus feud, They should end it in a cage or have an I Quit match at Wrestlemania, add a reason for some who aren't won over by the feud yet, and give it a stamp of importance. Lastly, AJ has been constantly beat now by many of the divas. Do you think they are setting up a 4 to 6-Woman Championship Match at WM XXX?

Since Raw in Chicago Raw has fallen off a cliff with the quality level. Week after week it has been terrible with very little wrestling and not much of it good, tons of talking that doesn't enhance stories and a shit ton of advertising there own product. If I wasn't such big fans of guys like the Shield, Wyatt, Ziggler and Cesaro I would have quit because the last 2 Raws specifically have been 2 out of 10 rated shows with the only points going for the Shield match and Wyatt promo last week and this weeks Shield turn and Wyatt promo last night.

Orton v Batista build has been terrible and now the fans simply don't care about either of them and WWE has given us no reason to. The focus of this match is who is the third guy not who is better Batista or Orton

Lesnar v Taker. I never had much interest in this match because Taker should be getting revenge for the Shield attack and I don't want to see this match because it is the most injury prone wrestler v the stiffest wrestler and the match is going to be not about whether Taker gets injured just how bad and I don't want to watch him do serious damage to his body

HHH v Bryan has had a good build but every segment that has build this match up has been way too long and is just taking up so much of the show and I am getting bored of this and I am losing interest in Bryan because of the build. Occupy Raw was good but it was about 30 minutes and I was bored after 15

Cena v Wyatt - Wyatt has been delivering greatness every week on the mic building up both the match and the individuals involved and then Cena comes on the mic does some terrible comedy which just ruins everything Wyatt has done because all his promos do is pander for support and build himself up

Andre the Giant battleroyal - Its just Royal Rumble without the big stars or big prize.

Divas - Never interesting and are just a waste of time. AJ and Natalya are the only women on a 15 women roster with talent and Natalya isn't going to wrestle AJ

Tag Titles - Glad the Uso's have got them but no real challengers and no clear ones to build a match with

IC title - no match at Mania so Big E might as well be wearing a weightlifters belt atleast that would fit his character better

US title - Unhappy its not being defended in a Shield triple threat but The Shield face/tweener turn is interesting to watch and I will be interested to see who Kane recruits

They are the main stories WWE are doing building to Mania and almost none of them interest me which means unless there was great promos and wrestling Raw will be terrible, there was neither this week and last so they have been awful shows

Man, where is The Miz when we need him. Really? These last couple of weeks have been excellent in my opinion. The Occupy Raw segment was the best segment they have had in years. The Wyatt Family and Shield have been major pluses as well. Christian and Sheamus have been having great matches as well.

To say the last 2 Raws specifically have been 2 out of 10's, I just don't know if there is anymore hope for you as a wrestling fan. It may be time to turn in your fan card because the past few weeks have been way better than anything they have put out there in a very long time.

Since Raw in Chicago Raw has fallen off a cliff with the quality level. Week after week it has been terrible with very little wrestling and not much of it good, tons of talking that doesn't enhance stories and a shit ton of advertising there own product. If I wasn't such big fans of guys like the Shield, Wyatt, Ziggler and Cesaro I would have quit because the last 2 Raws specifically have been 2 out of 10 rated shows with the only points going for the Shield match and Wyatt promo last week and this weeks Shield turn and Wyatt promo last night.

Orton v Batista build has been terrible and now the fans simply don't care about either of them and WWE has given us no reason to. The focus of this match is who is the third guy not who is better Batista or Orton

Lesnar v Taker. I never had much interest in this match because Taker should be getting revenge for the Shield attack and I don't want to see this match because it is the most injury prone wrestler v the stiffest wrestler and the match is going to be not about whether Taker gets injured just how bad and I don't want to watch him do serious damage to his body

HHH v Bryan has had a good build but every segment that has build this match up has been way too long and is just taking up so much of the show and I am getting bored of this and I am losing interest in Bryan because of the build. Occupy Raw was good but it was about 30 minutes and I was bored after 15

Cena v Wyatt - Wyatt has been delivering greatness every week on the mic building up both the match and the individuals involved and then Cena comes on the mic does some terrible comedy which just ruins everything Wyatt has done because all his promos do is pander for support and build himself up

Andre the Giant battleroyal - Its just Royal Rumble without the big stars or big prize.

Divas - Never interesting and are just a waste of time. AJ and Natalya are the only women on a 15 women roster with talent and Natalya isn't going to wrestle AJ

Tag Titles - Glad the Uso's have got them but no real challengers and no clear ones to build a match with

IC title - no match at Mania so Big E might as well be wearing a weightlifters belt atleast that would fit his character better

US title - Unhappy its not being defended in a Shield triple threat but The Shield face/tweener turn is interesting to watch and I will be interested to see who Kane recruits

They are the main stories WWE are doing building to Mania and almost none of them interest me which means unless there was great promos and wrestling Raw will be terrible, there was neither this week and last so they have been awful shows

At first I had only a slight interest in Batista vs Orton, but after Raw was over, the entire storyline for the Main Event at WMXXX has improved some, the beat down from Trips was great, and Stephanie is really becoming fierce and I was particularly impressed with Randy Orton last night. He mounted some great offense and he did little tweaks to his moves, and minute mannerisms added some interest to me again. But that is all my observation and opinion. Cheers.

I agree things have really started to get interesting. Now that we I are looking at a potential fatal four way for the title everything is coming together. All the small storylines are mingling, and I like it. Even the other stories are looking good. Taker Lesner could be a bit better but I am still happy.

Man, where is The Miz when we need him. Really? These last couple of weeks have been excellent in my opinion. The Occupy Raw segment was the best segment they have had in years. The Wyatt Family and Shield have been major pluses as well. Christian and Sheamus have been having great matches as well.

To say the last 2 Raws specifically have been 2 out of 10's, I just don't know if there is anymore hope for you as a wrestling fan. It may be time to turn in your fan card because the past few weeks have been way better than anything they have put out there in a very long time.

I am very tempted to turn it in because the current product just isn't that entertaining to me, I cant really understand what people have to enjoy about it currently but everyone is different. If it was not for guys like Wyatt, Shield, Ziggler, Cesaro and Bryan I would do it but I think WWE has a bright future and I hope the current product doesn't make me turn in my fan card before we get a great product again

You are not making a whole lot of sense though. You state it just isn't very entertaining and then go on to state that you guys are The Wyatts, Shield, Cesaro and Bryan. That is a group of names who are constantly getting time on Raw and WWE programming in general. I honestly think that one of the worst things we do as fans is spend time on sites like this and just find things to nit pick. I seem to enjoy wrestling more when I stay away from the internet.

I am very tempted to turn it in because the current product just isn't that entertaining to me, I cant really understand what people have to enjoy about it currently but everyone is different. If it was not for guys like Wyatt, Shield, Ziggler, Cesaro and Bryan I would do it but I think WWE has a bright future and I hope the current product doesn't make me turn in my fan card before we get a great product again

I am enjoying the product very much so as of late. You can't please everyone I guess. There is so much great stuff going on right now, you have The Undertaker facing Brock Lesnar in what will be one hell of a collision course at WrestleMania! you have a very interesting, dynamic and creative feud between John Cena and Bray Wyatt in what will be a good match.

You have Daniel Bryan who is as over as anyone right now, facing Triple H at WrestleMania in what has been an excellent feud IMO. The Shield are always an entertaining part of any WWE material, Roman Reigns is going to explode in the next few months as a massive star in the WWE.

For the first time in a long time, Raw was pretty good last night.

How good was Bray Wyatt? He really ripped Cena a new one!

Triple H getting mad and throwing his name into the main event, makes for a more exciting match at Mania... although Daniel will win.

The Shield was excellent, and I am excited to see what direction they go.

The Real American's looked good, I was happy to see them get the win. Hopefully they will be moving on to the Tag Titles now.

Daniel .vs. Orton was good as well, but usually they are good in the ring together. I really was hoping for a swerve and Evolution beat down on bryan but the ending was good enough.

Daniel and Triple H in the ring was cool, but the swerve was obvious. Triple H besting Bryan and Steph slapping him around was awesome.

Overall it was great, I just love the Wyatt Promo!:worship:

Who cares about Brock and Undertaker,. neither guy has added anything to Raw this year, showing up for a promo, who cares.

Raw has been better because of the Shield, and tag team wrestling. Those guys are putting on 5 star PPV worthy 6 man tag matches on a regular basis. Not only that the show has had less promos and more good wrestling.

And compared to last years "point counter point" promo fest from Rock and Cena, its 10x better, and I'm sure its due in full because of the Network.

Good PPV events are few are far between, hopefully with the Network the PPV events get far better as well. Lets hope we actually get one of the best WM events in a long time, and not another failure like the past few snooozers, where the only match talked about is the Undertaker match while the rest are forgotten. You know thats the truth.

I enjoy RAW. I wish they could be able to focus on atleast four major storylines on several different shows instead of just RAW like they're doing with Bryan/HHH, Cena/Wyatt, Taker/Brock, Orton/Batista.

Seems like outside of Wrestlemania/Summerslam season, it's like they only focus on the WWE title and the rest of the card feels like filler.

Thank goodness I say. I'm more excited about making time for WWE programming than I have been for a long time.

The whole show was full of obscure references that shocked our systems back to life.

The shot at Nikki Bella was money, I loved it. Batista walking out in a Gracie hoodie was enough for me to spy a reference. HHH recognizing that Daniel Bryan didn't just take his ball and go home.

Usually the story lines are the low point of the show. Oh look, Christian attacked Sheamus in the middle of a very interesting interview! Oh good, AJ is on commentary! Zeb Coulter doesn't think that Los Matadores are in this country legally?!

Yeah, they're finally putting their creative mojo into fifth gear and I wish that it didn't have to only happen this close to Wrestlemania. Maybe they were already burned out up to a couple months ago, either way they don't just sell tickets one day out of the year. I realize that today's show looks a Hell of a lot better because it's unusual to be so wired during an episode of RAW, but they've had some stellar years when they really wanted to have them.

I also wouldn't be disappointed if HHH takes the main event away from Daniel Bryan. Daniel Bryan will at least have had an actual high profile one-on-one match at a milestone edition of Wrestlemania. HHH did a pretty damn good job of hyping his motivations for wanting to destroy Randy Orton and Batista. If he's the one in that match, I expect some pretty huge spots involving HHH releasing all the rage fueled wrath of a scorned God. To put it in an analogy: Pissed off HHH is to calm HHH as pissed off James Hetfield is to calm James Hetfield, one is more entertaining than the other even though they're both above the bar of entertaining. HHH taking the belts in a tornado of sadistic fury will set a standard for his future title defenses, he doesn't want to make the same mistake twice and allow just any performer to represent his company. As a champion, I see him giving every one of his opponents the sadistic, don't give a fuck about BAStar, treatment.

I should add that I really really want Daniel Bryan to tell a different story, but either way I can see how it'll be better than what we have right now.

I was pretty happy with this past Monday night Raw, if for no other reason than Daniel Bryan finally getting what he had coming to him. The only bad part of that? "YOU HIT LIKE A GIRL!" Really, Daniel? Really? That was the best you could come up with? I mean, they should maybe come up with "The worst/most obvious statement of the year" award at the Slammys this year. Of course Steph hits like a girl, because, well, she IS a girl.

I was pretty happy with this past Monday night Raw, if for no other reason than Daniel Bryan finally getting what he had coming to him. The only bad part of that? "YOU HIT LIKE A GIRL!" Really, Daniel? Really? That was the best you could come up with? I mean, they should maybe come up with "The worst/most obvious statement of the year" award at the Slammys this year. Of course Steph hits like a girl, because, well, she IS a girl.

Funny how no one pointed that out,tbh. I had the exact same reaction. I do wonder if that was DB on his own or that was on script...he sounded like a ****** when he said that. Lol

Funny how no one pointed that out,tbh. I had the exact same reaction. I do wonder if that was DB on his own or that was on script...he sounded like a ****** when he said that. Lol

Of course no one pointed it out, they're all in love with that goat-faced troll. He cannot do any wrong, according to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back