Rate the Scenario: An alternative for Daniel Bryan after Wrestlemania

D-Will316

Occasional Pre-Show
If My format seems poor please excuse me. Im using my phone.

Now nothing is set in stone so far for the main event at WMXXX but it seems likely that Daniel Bryan will indeed face Triple H and Batista is seemingly going to face Randy Orton one on one. If this is to happen, how do you feel about the following scenario. Batista goes over Orton for the championship and Bryan goes over HHH. Weeks leading into the next ppv Daniel Bryan is granted a championship match against Batista and wins the title.

I know this isn't our ideal idea of Bryan conquering the machine for us Daniel Bryan fans (side note: I hated Daniel Bryan when he first came to wwe) but I see this as a second alternative. He gets to directly face Batista for the championship and it undoubtedly would create intrest. The most hated heel vs the most loved babyface? Book it!

So on a scale from 1 to 10 how would you rate the scenario?

Well it makes sense I suppose. Extreme Rules is also in Daniel Bryan's hometown, so I definitely could see WWE running with a plan similar to this. Should they, though? I don't think so.

I don't think any payoff will make up for not putting the belt on Bryan at Wrestlemania. Austin made his name at WM 13, became immensely popular throughout the year and won the belt at WM 14. "YES!" began after/due to WM 28 and he we are 2 years later with Bryan incredibly over. If WWE wants the big payoff to create the megastar, 'Mania is the time. No other scenario will be better than Bryan wins at 'Mania.

Sooo I have to rate the scenario a 5 at best, simply due to having to watch Batista win the title at Wrestlemania instead of what we all want to see.

I see this as a likely side idea. I'd rate it a 6 in terms of likelihood, 3 in terms of what I'd like to see them do.

What I'd like to see is the scenario that I saw on here somewhere about Bryan facing Triple H and, with a win, he joins the title match main event. Then having him go over H and win the title.

With them having run a couple weeks of Bryan pulling double duty, I could see that as a sort of conditioning (despite those matches not being that long) for this situation. Granted, this idea, while I think it'd be super exciting to see play out, is probably not ideal for WWE because neither match can be that short that it doesn't wreak havoc on Bryan physically.

It's not a bad idea, but you are not thinking about the possible return of CM Punk. I'm not saying he will, but if he did, he could possibly get added to the title match, thus making it a triple threat. There needs to be a clear cut face in the match, but it looks like Bryan will most likely be fighting HHH.

Having Punk win the title could make for an excited match up between Punk and Bryan in the future, seeing as how they will are they are the most wanted people in the WWE. They could start a feud at Extreme Rules, which is NOT in Bryan's hometown, where Punk would go over, but it could end in a dq. Then at Payback, which is in Chicago and would probably be Punk's last ppv, Punk puts over Bryan for the title.

This scenario would be good for both parties, as Punk would of had his Wrestlemania main event and Daniel Bryan wins the title in the process. Anything can really happen after that. Bryan could then go on to feud with Batista by say Summerslam. Bryan HAS to have a chance to see if he can draw over a period of time, not just for a ppv, as nothing can just happen overnight.

I'd like Bryan to be inserted in the main event and then Batista turns Heel and joins the Authority

It's arguable that he has turned heel already. I sympathise with your idea, but if that happens I'd like them to do something different with things so as not to turn the Authority into Evolution 2.0.

Batista didn't come back to WWE to be anything but the top guy. He is here on a promotional tour for Guardians of the Galaxy, and to make big money, thats it. When, not if, Batista wins the belt at WM, he will then enter a feud with Bryan, with Batista playing the heel role (even though they didn't intend for him to be positioned that way for his return, the crowd has left them no choice), we will likely have to endure a few more months of BS booking before Bryan ultimately wins the belt possibly around Summer Slam, assuming Batista is durable enough to last that long.

Bryan will win the title before the year is over, but really it's just a lousy consolation prize at that point. Don't be a mark though, WWE does a lot of things wrong, but continuing to tease Bryan was the right thing to do up until this point, people always back the chaser rather than the actual title holder. They've just waited too long, and booked WM improperly, the big moment payoff really should occur at WM.

Well it makes sense I suppose. Extreme Rules is also in Daniel Bryan's hometown, so I definitely could see WWE running with a plan similar to this.

Extreme Rules is actually in New Jersey, not Washington.

As to the OP's scenario, I'm not digging it.

A) The feud of Daniel Bryan vs Batista just doesn't do much for me. Sure, Bryan can carry anyone to a solid match, much like HBK used to do, but why make him carry the dead weight that is Batista? Batista isn't good enough in the ring to hang with Bryan and he's not good enough on the mic to make up for his lack of in ring ability.

B) They've been building Bryan up since Summerslam. Having the culmination of his journey occur at a minor PPV like Extreme Rules seems like a huge let down. Bryan should win the belt at Wrestlemania. Is it going to happen? Not likely, but wasting all this momentum on Extreme Rules just seems like a huge let down to me.

C) Batista doesn't deserve it. Give him a few months to work off the ring rust and then, maybe, put him in the main event with Bryan. Batista left the WWE and then spent a few years talking trash about it. He doesn't care about the fans or the art of wrestling; he only cares about his paycheck. He likes to talk about how the current roster is full of C level stars when he's worse than half of the wrestlers in the locker room. The only reason he's achieved what he has is because of hi size, look and friendship with HHH.

Now, Batista has had good matches in the past, but those have always been with guys who, like Bryan and HBK, can carry a match and make their opponent look good. His matches with HHH were good. His matches with Cena were solid. His matches with Eddie Guerrero were quite good. His match with Taker at Wrestlemania was excellent. He needs that good opponent to have a good match, and while I have no doubt, Bryan can carry him in the ring, I don't see why he should have to when there are so many more talented guys on the roster to tear the house down with.

I'd give your scenario a 3, but only because it sees Bryan win the championship.

While we're doing side notes im amazed no ones tired to dragg out the bryans too small crap

To the issue I think if its not at mania then it should be SS. The two big things they can do is make it a big WM moment of bryan realizing his dream or a one year journey to finally topple the machine. Wm would be the optimal moment but while SS is a few more months then say ER and his title win is well overdue, the one year factor would help more then the few extra months would hinder

Bryan should not win the title at summerslam because everyone knows that after summerslam and before rumble is worst time in wwe so the rating will probably go down and bryan will be for blame. Bryan should win the title at mania. If not mania I will be ok with night after..... Maybe even ER, hell when rock beat the machine in 2000, he won it on the paper view after mania. They could do the same thing as they did with cm punk in bryan corner. Like hogan or sting or whoever new gm could be like bryan is outnumber and then punk will be in his corner at ER

Sorry but I will give this situation in Max a 2.
Bryan should win the title in one of these three occasions :
a}WrestleMania 30 - Have him defeat HHH & enter the ME and win the title.
b}Summer Slam - They can have him face Cena/HHH/Lesnar in what will be called the end of a journey against the authority {one year}.
c}WrestleMania 31 - If they can hold his popularity so long {which they cannot} and let him defeat Cena or Lesnar to start a new era {like they did at WM 21}.

It's not bad idea in my eyes, but a lot of net fans and smarks in general would consider it a poor consolation prize at this point. Orton vs. Batista will be vehemently booed by the live crowd in New Orleans, there's no way around that and WWE management has to know it. If they want to salvage the WWE World Heavyweight Championship match, there's only two ways to do it: CM Punk makes a surprise return sometime between now & WrestleMania and is booked into the match or Daniel Bryan is booked into the match.

You also have to consider the fact that Batista turned heel this past Friday on SmackDown! and has promised to destroy all of the fans' "heroes" on his way to WrestleMania. Orton is also heel, so that will leave the title match at WrestleMania, as is, between two heels in front of a hostile crowd that'll hijack the match. In fact, if the match remains Orton vs. Batista at WrestleMania, it's not out of the realm of possibility that the fans will wind up hijacking most of the show with "Daniel Bryan" or "CM Punk" chants while crapping all over everything. When it comes to Batista's comments towards the fans' "heroes", I'm taking that to mean that sometime between tomorrow night and WrestleMania, we'll see Bryan vs. Batista or, again, Punk will reappear to challenge Batista. If it's the former, Bryan accepts the challenge and is inserted into the title match at WrestleMania either in Batista's place or the match is made into a triple threat if he's able to win. Pretty much the same scenario as it pertains to CM Punk. However, the likelihood of Punk showing up seems to be extremely slim at this point.

If fans weren't so adamant behind Bryan being added to the title match, I'd give the idea an 8. However, since the crowd will bury Orton vs. Batista as a one on one match at the biggest show of the year without Bryan in it, I'd give it a 5. As I said, there's no way to salvage the WWE World Heavyweight Championship match at WrestleMania XXX if it's Orton vs. Batista. I find it difficult to believe that WWE management feels otherwise at this point, especially after what's bound to be a pretty hostile crowd in Chicago tomorrow night. As a result, somehow, I expect that Bryan will wind up being in the title match at WrestleMania.

As to Batista joining The Authority, it's possible. I could see him siding with Triple H at some point in the post WrestleMania season to engage in an extended feud with Daniel Bryan, or even CM Punk if he returns.

Batista goes over Orton for the championship and Bryan goes over HHH. Weeks leading into the next ppv Daniel Bryan is granted a championship match against Batista and wins the title.

I can see the first part of the scenario, but given the climate between WWE and it's fans these past months of "All Daniel Bryan.....All the Time!" I have a hard time believing he's going to walk out of WM30 without the world title.

In this thread, there are plenty of folks talking about what will happen in subsequent PPVs to get the belt around his waist.....but what about the biggest PPV of the year? Especially with that event being the first PPV of the WWE Network era, does the company really want it remembered as a show that was widely hated?.....and "hated" is what it's going to be if Daniel Bryan doesn't take the title that night.

Nothing is set in stone; there are things they can do to alter match-ups that night to give Daniel a crack at the belt. A large portion of the WWE Universe seems to want it.....I say, make it happen.

After a brief run at the top, they can get the belt off him easily enough ....and it probably won't cause many problems. But Wrestlemania is Wrestlemania and unless they want the fans hijacking #30...... and later recalling it as a bad show.... this may be one time the smartest thing WWE can do is give the people what they want.

If he is going to win it it's going to be on RAW due to them wanting the ratings... Rather than Bryan being added to the match (as it seems Punk will be) I can see hims prize for defeating Trips is the title match the night after Mania 30 (which is always the biggest of the year ratings wise) - he wins the title then either from Punk or Bootista if it really is contracted he wins it at Mania...

I'd love Punk being put in the main event since there has to be a face in there somehow. Have the Bryan/HHH match be for a chance at the title at Extreme Rules (WHICH IS NOT IN WASHINGTON) and then have DB/Punk main event ER.

People have been wanting at least one more match between the two. With Punk likely not coming back after his contract is up, this would be a perfect time to do it.

I can see the first part of the scenario, but given the climate between WWE and it's fans these past months of "All Daniel Bryan.....All the Time!" I have a hard time believing he's going to walk out of WM30 without the world title.

In this thread, there are plenty of folks talking about what will happen in subsequent PPVs to get the belt around his waist.....but what about the biggest PPV of the year? Especially with that event being the first PPV of the WWE Network era, does the company really want it remembered as a show that was widely hated?.....and "hated" is what it's going to be if Daniel Bryan doesn't take the title that night.

Nothing is set in stone; there are things they can do to alter match-ups that night to give Daniel a crack at the belt. A large portion of the WWE Universe seems to want it.....I say, make it happen.

After a brief run at the top, they can get the belt off him easily enough ....and it probably won't cause many problems. But Wrestlemania is Wrestlemania and unless they want the fans hijacking #30...... and later recalling it as a bad show.... this may be one time the smartest thing WWE can do is give the people what they want.

See, although your scenario sees Bryan walking out of Mania with the titles, which is the ideal ending, there's a kind-of dismissive undertone in your post of 'ah, give him the belt for a bit, flash in the pan, he'll die down' That right there underscores my issue with how WWE have been treating Bryan as of late.

The mentality that sees Daniel Bryan as this 'problem' or 'inconvenience' that needs to be 'overcome' somehow, rather than an opportunity for the WWE to make a new mega star on Cena's level.

Rock/HHH/Austin, all these guys' were just flashes in the pan, however a desperate, hungry WWE saw money and capitalized on all theses guys temporary over-ness to create legends.

If the WWE of today were in charge back then, Austin & Rock would've just been some guys & we'd most probably all be watching Ted Turner's show right now.

having Bryan bring up all of the times a McMahon or Helmsley has screwed him, from being fired in 2010 after the initial Invasion from NXT, being pushed off the Mania 27 card, getting squashed in 18 seconds at Mania 28, the 2 years of massive following he has had since yet leading him to continual burials and pain, bring this all up and force HHH to give him the match against him that he wnats, with a WWE title shot as the carrot if he wins

If My format seems poor please excuse me. Im using my phone.

Now nothing is set in stone so far for the main event at WMXXX but it seems likely that Daniel Bryan will indeed face Triple H and Batista is seemingly going to face Randy Orton one on one. If this is to happen, how do you feel about the following scenario. Batista goes over Orton for the championship and Bryan goes over HHH. Weeks leading into the next ppv Daniel Bryan is granted a championship match against Batista and wins the title.

I know this isn't our ideal idea of Bryan conquering the machine for us Daniel Bryan fans (side note: I hated Daniel Bryan when he first came to wwe) but I see this as a second alternative. He gets to directly face Batista for the championship and it undoubtedly would create intrest. The most hated heel vs the most loved babyface? Book it!

So on a scale from 1 to 10 how would you rate the scenario?

I have no problems with it. It's just I can't see WWE dropping the Bryan/HHH feud after one match. I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes a three match series and Bryan loses MITB. Meanwhile WWE puts together a big money fight with Batista facing somebody like Brock Lesnar at Summerslam.

See, although your scenario sees Bryan walking out of Mania with the titles, which is the ideal ending, there's a kind-of dismissive undertone in your post of 'ah, give him the belt for a bit, flash in the pan, he'll die down' That right there underscores my issue with how WWE have been treating Bryan as of late.

That's a pretty good analysis....and you're right; my attitude concerning his championship quest could be considered dismissive.

Even as WWE has developed a tremendous program with Daniel as the star, in some ways they've painted themselves into a corner. Now, they've got legions of fans clamoring for him to win the world title, which is fine. Personally, I think he should, whether at WM30 or later. But what do they do with him afterward? His entire present-day persona casts him as the underdog. He's been trying to claw his way to the top, only to find it blocked by the Wyatts, the Shield, Randy Orton....and the Authority (which includes Kane).

Great, wonderful & terrific. But once he wins the belt, he's no longer the underdog. Many folks who hope his reign will far exceed Punk's 434 days are going to be disappointed because the company will need to get the belt off him to give him back his underdog status.

So yes, after this tremendously successful run he's had (which many folks actually regard as Daniel being treated "badly" by WWE), the powers-that-be have the problem of how to give him the belt soon.....and take it away even sooner.

Show business......whatcha gonna do?

That's a pretty good analysis....and you're right; my attitude concerning his championship quest could be considered dismissive.

Even as WWE has developed a tremendous program with Daniel as the star, in some ways they've painted themselves into a corner. Now, they've got legions of fans clamoring for him to win the world title, which is fine. Personally, I think he should, whether at WM30 or later. But what do they do with him afterward? His entire present-day persona casts him as the underdog. He's been trying to claw his way to the top, only to find it blocked by the Wyatts, the Shield, Randy Orton....and the Authority (which includes Kane).

Great, wonderful & terrific. But once he wins the belt, he's no longer the underdog. Many folks who hope his reign will far exceed Punk's 434 days are going to be disappointed because the company will need to get the belt off him to give him back his underdog status.

So yes, after this tremendously successful run he's had (which many folks actually regard as Daniel being treated "badly" by WWE), the powers-that-be have the problem of how to give him the belt soon.....and take it away even sooner.

Show business......whatcha gonna do?

I'm certainly not suggesting that he hold the belt forever and a day, he only needs a short but sweet strongly booked few months with the belt where fans get a taste of Bryan as champion without getting bored with him. If he dropped it at say, Payback to a Bray Wyatt or a Batista, he'll stay mega-over throughout the year without that fatal fan fatigue kicking in & torpedoing his over-ness.

The way Cena (and to a lesser extent, Punk in 2012) has been booked is an anomaly when it comes to babyface champion booking 101. Cena's started getting the 50/50 treatment once he hit the four month mark as champion in 2005. Punk was starting to get the Cena treatment shortly before they turned him heel as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back