Rate My Sigs

CodeBreakingLegend13

Occasional Pre-Show
2dw89k1.jpg

10ogxu9.jpg

m8jypw.jpg

So im really new to all of this and i really want to know your thoughts on my work. I know i have a long way to go to be great but i would really appreciate peoples opinions. :)

Hey man, I suppose no-one else is gunna give you feedback. I will.

First off: Do you use GIMP? Most people hate it. They start with it and then move onto photoshop. I still use GIMP to this day though. With practice, you can do a lot of good stuff with it.

Easily my favourite one of your sigs is the CM Punk one that you're currently wearing. I really really like it. The background and text especially. I know it's cool to have your name somewhere on a sig but I think it's a little bit pointless here. I love the drop shadows on the main render and text.

I also like the John Morrison one.

The only ones I dislike are the R-Truth one and the first Miz one.

Here's my advice:

1. Size & Shape
A lot of your sigs are in a weird shape. Some are almost perfect squares. They look nice but when you're actually using it in your signature it can look a bit strange. I usually start with 420x130

2. Practice
If you're using GIMP as I think you are, practice is important. Things can be harder to do with GIMP. Experiment.

3. Borders
Not a big issue, I just think a few of your borders are a bit too thick.

Anyways, keep it up man. You show a lot of promise. Keep experimenting and practicing :)

Hey man, I suppose no-one else is gunna give you feedback. I will.

First off: Do you use GIMP? Most people hate it. They start with it and then move onto photoshop. I still use GIMP to this day though. With practice, you can do a lot of good stuff with it.

Easily my favourite one of your sigs is the CM Punk one that you're currently wearing. I really really like it. The background and text especially. I know it's cool to have your name somewhere on a sig but I think it's a little bit pointless here. I love the drop shadows on the main render and text.

I also like the John Morrison one.

The only ones I dislike are the R-Truth one and the first Miz one.

Here's my advice:

1. Size & Shape
A lot of your sigs are in a weird shape. Some are almost perfect squares. They look nice but when you're actually using it in your signature it can look a bit strange. I usually start with 420x130

2. Practice
If you're using GIMP as I think you are, practice is important. Things can be harder to do with GIMP. Experiment.

3. Borders
Not a big issue, I just think a few of your borders are a bit too thick.

Anyways, keep it up man. You show a lot of promise. Keep experimenting and practicing :)

Thank you Arlo i appreciate you checking out my work, and i do use Gimp! i tried photoshop before and i just prefer Gimp for some reason. :p Now i agree with you about the R Truth one and the first Miz one, i dont like them as much either i feel like i rushed them. I also have to say my Justin Gabriel one is probably one of my favourites, i just like how the softglow really goes well with the drop shadows for the text and main render :)
Im gonna keep making my photos at 400x200 now because i prefer the rectangles as a signature much better!
Once again thank you for all the advice and opinions it means a lot from such a great sigger like you! :D

1zbh1ex.jpg

So i decided to make another CM Punk sig. Hes one of my favourite wrestlers so i tend to get more inspiration to make one of him.
So i pretty much playeed around with brushes and decided to make very simple starting point for my backround.
I then blended the the middle red with the two black areas to make it feel more together. I then used a filter to give my backround a more scratchy look.
I then got a picture of punk and then duplicated the render and smudged it.
I then added the text onto CM Punks shirt and there you have it, one of my favourite things i have made :)
I rate my work 8/10

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back