Rank Your 3 Top Title Belts

JerryvonKramer

Old School for Life
I'm not just talking aesthetics here, I'm talking memories.

For me:

1. The classic "winged eagle" Hogan WWF title belt, which was used from about 1987 to 1996. When I think of the WWF title, I still think of that belt. I actually hate it when I see older footage and see older versions of the title such as, for example, the one Iron Sheik had.

2. Big Gold. Such a classic and iconic belt, which has a greater sense of history and legitimacy than the WWF title. Flair almost looks naked without it. I'm glad the WWE have used it to represent the "other" World title currently. But, like most kids in Britain, I was a WWF mark first and foremost so it's got to be the Winged Eagle first. This is really the king of all belts though.

3. The "Classic" IC Belt from the late 80s and early-mid 90s. The one that dangled above the ring in the Razor-HBK ladder match (if you recall, Shawn had a counter-feit one made int that angle). The one that Honky-Tonk Man, Rick Rude and Mr. Perfect had around their waists. The one that Ultimate Warrior had remade in White. Loved that title.

By the way, if you want a helping hand to see all the titles in order to jog your memory, see my previous attempt at making this thread, which was considered "too spammy" by the powers that be. ¬_¬

My two favorite titles are:
1 the attitude era wwf championship belt. that was the top belt when i started watching wrestling, and since then has stucj with me, its really an iconic belt, all the greats for that era held it: stone cold, the undertaker, kane, Triple H, the rock, mankind among others.

2the wcw championship/ world heavyweight title belt. that title is just great it looks classic and at the same time new, and the desing of the title is amazing, ALL time greats have held it and its tradition survives to this day.

1) The Hogan WWF Title Belt, 2) The Cena WWE Spinner Title Belt and 3) The Austin WWF Smoking Skull Title Belt

The World Heavyweight championship, WWE Championship(current), and the Cruiserweight Championship(Always had good competition).

Big-gold-belt-WWE.jpg

-Always loved this belt. It just has the look of what I'd imagine a world championship should look like.

whiteic3.jpg

-IMO the WWE should go back to this belt. This belt screamed prestige. The new belt screams prop.

euro.jpg

-Idk why, but I always liked the Euro title. It has a different look to it that appealed to me.

1. the classic winged eagle belt is my all time favorite, all the way to the day austin threw it down at Mcmahons feet.. (broke my heart that night)

2. Old school Intercontinental belt, in all its colors.

3. WCW US title, I can still piture Eddie and Curt Hennng wearing that title.

In terms of style I think the Million Dollar belt was my personal favourite, then the old IC Belt, then the Winged WWF Championship.

1. Classic Winged Eagle, no question. Just the mere look of it makes it seem like the biggest prize in wrestling.

2. Classic IC Belt. Same as the winged eagle, just looks important. So many great champs have had it, and great ladder match memories.

3. NWA Domed Globe. Mainly for the history.

I think it was in the John Cena DVD where they were talking about the spinner belt, and they brought up how wrestling purists don't like it. JR said "the man makes the champ, not the hardware". I don't always agree. The above belts looks important, where the spinner belt to me looks like a toy. I would rather they have something that looks prestigious to fight over. Could you imagine if they replaced the Stanley Cup or the Vince Lombardi Trophy with a 'tickle me Elmo'?

Yeah, imagine this wonderful picture with the spinner belt. I can't even think of that whole angle working with the Cena belt, DiBiase wouldn't even want to buy it!

03.jpg

1. attitude era wwf championship-was the most prized belt when i started watching wrestling, it became what a world championship should be

2. european championship-this one, im not sure....i just loved it

3. its an odd tie for me on this one, i cant chose between the wcw/world heavy weight championship and IC championship-i love em both

Would you mind describing or posting a pic of this belt please? Which one do you mean the "Big Eagle" or Austin's Smoking Skull belt?

138853947_aeb86c5c36.jpg

They mean this one. This one is one of my favs as I grew up with it. I would put this first, the WCW/World Heavyweight Title as the look of makes you feel like you're watching a champion.

The third I would say would be.....dare I say the Hardcore Title, because it was just that - Hardcore! It symbolises what the attitude era use to be and what we remember it for, Hardcore 24/7!
WWEhardcorebelt.jpeg

Tazz's FTW belt: I thought it looked cool and the meaning behind it was cooler.
Winged Eagle WWF title: The best looking belt WWF ever had. It was a shame when they turned it into the hardcore title.
WCW/WWE World title: It's got that look of prestige and it has been around for so long, no list is complete without it.

WWF WINGED TITLE because it was like the ideal belt. they should bring it back as a revamped version of it.
THE NWA TV TITLE cause it was silver but a sharp lookin strap
CLASSIC IC TITLE.... very nice

with that i'll add the worst looking ones just for shits-n-giggles
THE DIVAS title aka barbies dream strap...just stupid...it should have a pair of boobs on it
THE SPINNER BELT... this was such a dumb idea it should be illegal..it just supported john cenas wigger gimmick..nothing like a grown ass man playing with a spinner...it was like fisher-price my first championship...vince had a tremendous hard on for cena
THE CURRENT U.S. TITLE while not anti american enough is enough with flag all over the wcw version was ten times better

I would say
#1 Winged Eagle-what a great classic belt.
#2 Attitude Era
#3 WCW/WHC Belt-another great classic belt.

The Cena Spinner is a joke. It looks so stupid and doesn't look like a world champion belt. Plus it was a gimmick belt for one guy. When Austin had his stupid smoking skull belt no one else carried it around when they won the belt. Having this model belt on guys like Triple H and Jeff Hardy is a joke. It looks idiotic. Wish they'd get rid of it.

1. Winged Eagle WWF Championship- It's still the best looking belt EVER. It screams prestige

2. Old School IC belt- Represents the time when the IC title meant something, plus it looks better than the current IC belt.

3. The Smoking Skull belt- I'm a big Austin mark and, as a kid, I thought this belt was the coolest thing ever.

In addition, just for style points, John Cena's US spinnerbelt was really cool too, way better than the WWE spinner. The colors were awesome, and it wasn't overly gaudy like the WWE belt.

First off I dont know why everybody is all on that old WWF wing tipped belt. Get off its dick!!! That thing was ugly and a hazard thats why Stone Cold got rid of it. It cut his lip after he stunned Vince the night after Wrestlemania 14. But anyway the top 3 would be...

1.IC belt from 86-97. How many of us dreamed of fighting for that belt after watching Steamboat-Savage at Wrestlemania 3?
2. WWF title from 86-89. Andre and Hogan fought for it.
3.NWA TV belt. That bitch was silver but man it blinged!

The World Heavyweight Championship because it is the REAL World heavyweight championship

The Classic Intercontinental Championship beacuse it elevated the carres of Shawn Micheals, Curt Henning,and Bret HArt to name a few.

The Pre- Cena WWE Championship because I hate cena's new BLINGED out version.

1) the attitude era belt is quality and easily the best ever 2) the hardcore belt was always class even if it supposed to be broken down and old 3) the world heavyweight belt reminds me off the 90's wrestling and doesnt remind me of the crappy cena belt

world heavyweight- its nice and big the way a title should be

attitude tag belts(they're blue in smackdown now)- those were so sick remember them always being around the waists of the new age outlaws

wwf hardcore belt- it was so cool i made my own out of duct tap out of a toy heavyweight championship

I honestly hoped when Trips too the belt that he would get rid of the damn spinner looking belt... I cant stand that thing. My choices are:

1. Classic IC belt. I LOVE that one
2. WCW US Title
3. The WCW TV Title For some reason it just looks classic to me

The only heavyweight belt I like is the Attitude era round belt on the black strap

my choices are:
1st:the wwf tag belts from the late eightys to like 2002 i always thought they looked awesome

2nd:wcw tv title i dunno why but i always liked the way it looked

3rd:the old ecw title belt i just thought it looked really cool

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back