If The Choice Were Yours...

The Fabulous Rougeau's

Championship Contender
So here it is. Vince comes up to you and says, "Were changing the WWE Title and want you to oversee it." Now you have three options:

1) Bring back an old WWF/E Title

2) Modify said old title

3) Create a new one.

For me I go back in forth with the winged eagle belt and the attitude era belt. Both are practically the same, but the attitude belt is bigger and the wings do not stick out of the medalion in the middle like the winged eagle.

I would then combine the two so the title is the size of the attitude era, but has the wings sticking out like the winged eagle belt.

What would you do?

Bring the Attitude Era belt back. It had that prestigious look to it and like you said it was bigger than the Winged Eagle title.
While both were nice looking titles the Attitude Era championship looked that much better.

Would create a new design similar to the TNA title before Jeff changed it, it was was what a world title should look like.Also would have the word champion put on it ,not champ and not to bulky

WWE needs to go back to the Undisputed Title, the brand split is over and there is not enough quality star power to have two world champs. One title that can see its value INCREASE with feuds between the likes of Orton, Punk, and Cena , then you continue to develop guys like Shaemus, Miz, Del Rio, etc.

I would have to go with creating a new belt. I would want to make an undisputed championship. The design consist of the Orginal WWE Belt and the World HeavyWeight Belt. I would want the belt to be the size of what the HeavyWeight belt is now it make it look more presetige aswell as the engraving on it. But I do like the WWE Belt design of the world and an eagle.
Then after that, them tag titles have to go. they look horrible.

I think the only way forward is to go with a new design, but the point of making the belt look more prestigious is something i completely agree with. As far as i'm concerned Cena created this belt, so it will always be Cena's belt. Maybe that was the point, i don't know, but it's time to let it go now.

Bring back the WWE - Undisputed Title (2002-2005) . It was the best WWE Championship design in my opinion and no World Heavyweight Championship and WWE Championsips should never be unified. Two World titles are better.

They should draft the World Heavyweight Championship to RAW and WWE Championship to Smackdown.

A brand new design - complete break from the past.

And I would do it for every single belt in use at the moment. With the exception of the Big Gold Belt, they're all hideous. Far too ostentatious and overstated. Simplicity I feel is best when it comes to championship belts.

Take for example, the FCW title...

FCW_Title.jpg
Bold and striking, but inoffensive. Compare this to the current WWE championship, which looks like a disco ball that's been run over by a steamroller.

Conversely with the US and Tag Team belts, they're bland as hell and the plates look like they've been made of plastic - not quite enough going on. My mine gripe with the tag team belts, other than the copper colour, is the overly basic shape of them. Surely they could be more creative than just circular plates?

I think my favourite belt in use today is the ROH title...

1roh.jpg

Innovative shape, subtle blend of colours, the flags represent the international nature of a world championship.

I would definitely approve of a complete refurb of WWE's current titles. They should be redesigned all at once, and by the same person or team of designers, to ensure a consistency between them; similar motifs or flairs which get people to say upon looking at them, "that's a WWE belt". The last time this occurred was with the Undisputed belt and the World Tag Team belts...

00852pi.jpg
World_Tag_Team_Championship_%28WWE%29.jpg

...and to an extent with the belts of the late 1990s.

For me I go back in forth with the winged eagle belt and the attitude era belt. Both are practically the same, but the attitude belt is bigger and the wings do not stick out of the medalion in the middle like the winged eagle.

I would then combine the two so the title is the size of the attitude era, but has the wings sticking out like the winged eagle belt.

What would you do?

Pretty much this. I love the classic winged eagle look, but that belt was a little undersized. The Attitude era belt is big enough to look like a world title, and simple enough in design to look classy. Like you, I would combine the two, to give me an Attitude era sized winged eagle.

However, part of me really likes the Undisputed title look, so if I were designing the new belt, I would probably include a little bit of that too, and I might look at some of the design elements of the final ECW championship. Wasn't a fan of the silver, but that design in gold would have looked sharp.

I would unify the WWE title and the World title. In terms of design, I would keep the integrity of the "Big Gold Belt" design and maybe tweak it just a little bit.

I would call it the "WWE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP." I guess they could put the word "undisputed in the name for the first couple of months then drop it after that.

IF Vince refused to unify the two titles, even after I begged him to then I'd ask him to go back to the attitude era WWE title belt and to just update it a little bit

create a new title one that looks like a real world title or if they were to unify the titles but not make a new 1 id keep the world title cause to me thats more of the wrestling world title

I'd say go back to the classic look at this point, at least for a while. The problem with the current title is that, like the smoking skull belt, it is basically "Cena's title"; and should have gone out when he lost it.

I also agree that it should be a unified title at this point. They say the brand extension is basically over. There aren't enough wrestler's to really continue to have 2 titles. Maybe down the road there will be. But there is a lot less you can do with feuds and building on only 1 show for all the PPV's they have now. The second show would give them time to build more, and allow for more character build in general with less time focused on the world title picture in each show (possibly), because it can now be split between two shows. Start building other guys up from there, which just isn't happening right now. I'd like to see Drew McIntyre against Orton, Punk, Etc. I'd like to see a few other guys get their time, and their shot at taking a bigger chunk of time than they are currently being allocated.

The Current WWE Title does just look like a John Cena "Thuganomics" Belt without the Spinning WW Logo. Seems that Cena wanted his own design like Austin did when he held "The Smoking Skull" Design of the same title.

After WM i feel the design of the WWE Belt should change back to what most people are saying. A bigger more rounded belt with eagles and .... Stuff.

As for Unifying the 2 Major Belts!... I would prefer just 1 WWE Champion (Punks Title) Summerslam could be WWE Champ vs WHC and the winner takes home THE NEW design of the undisputed Champion of World Wrestling Entertainment.

I want to bring back the old styles, I think Cody's/WWE's depending on who's decision it was to bring back the old IC belt was a stroke of genius. I hope it goes back to either of these two. Mainly because I've got the replica's of both and I want to be 'in with the current thing'. Especially seeing as all my t-shirts (John Cena, Rock, Miz and Punk) are all now out of date.

One of these two please

heyman_brock_title__574640a.jpg

800px-WWF_Championship_199%208_-_2002.jpg

I would hope they use a completley new design as long as it looks nothing like the other belts they made changes to. The ECW and Divas Championships both look like shit. If they were gonna use an old design I would say the Undisputed Championship it just had that prestigious look to it.

If I had my way the brand split would come to an official end, with a title unification match at Summerslam. How they get there I don't care but I feel like it needs to be done. Cody Rhodes bringing back the old IC design was brilliant, in my opinion that helped the perception of that belt immensely, as he treats it with the respect it deserves. Continuity is important, seeing a new champion carry the same belt as past legends does help the new guys credibility, subliminally at least. As for a new WWE title belt...the winged eagle, attitude era title, and undisputed title are all fine choices and represent better days to many of us here. I'd be happy with any of those, and even if they felt like they needed something new, as long as it was in the tradition of those it would be a huge improvement. Something like that, while only symbolic, could help spark even more change, and get things moving in a better direction.

I would have to say...Recreate a past championship. Still have it be the "new" WWE championship but have similarities to the Eagle Championship from the attitude era. The reason i wouldn't want to bring back and old title is to have someone undeserving ruin how great it was. I think very few superstars could carry that title around and look deserving.

without a doubt I would go to the Attitude Era World Championship. It was the best looking title.
The winged eagle was nice and all that, but the wings sticking off of the belt is kind of silly to me. Everyone loves the Big Gold Belt design, but because it is SO tied to WCW I would not ever make it the company's "top" title.
The attitude belt could use a little design updating ... but it is pretty solid and would look good around the top dog's waist.

I would say at the VERY LEAST they should bring back the old WWE championship (like the one posted above being worn by Brock Lesnar). It was good. It looks professional, it had size and a good shape. I wouldn't have any problem if they went back to that one.

This does remind me though that.... WHY THE HELL DIDN'T CM PUNK change the WWE Title back to that one once he won it from Cena last year? Didn't he say something about changing the apperance of the title when he was fueding with Cena for it?

Anyway... back to the topic at hand... I'd be fine with them going back to the old one... don't want them to go back further to Attitude Era one because that was for that era, not this.

I wouldn't mind seeing a brand new one though... of course... as long as it looks good!

Side note... I kind of don't like the new Tag Team title belts... too circular for me... they aren't as bad as the WWE Tag Titles a few years ago but they aren't my favorite of all time that's for sure.

I personally loved the old school winged eagle belt that I believe Austin had last? don't quote me on that but it was the one that Randy Savage won at WM IV. That was my favorite version of the title. I believe that since Cody Rhodes brought back the old school IC belt that it would be a good idea to bring this design back. And i think a good guy to do it would be Punk, mainly because of the savage tributes that he's done in the past.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back