Randy Orton, the next... John Cena?

I guess we will have to see how his DVD in Sept (Randy Orton Experience, I think?) and how well his movie put him over as well.

I don't think Orton works well as a face. They tried that before. Ever since he stopped using the pills he has a flat affect.

hilarious. The same guys who want to keep a guy who gets cheers as a heel to stay a heel want Cena to turn heel. Basically it seems the IWC wants EVERYONE to be a ruthless, cussing, bloody bastards.

Ever think of this one, now stick with me, because this kind of out there, YOU ARE IN THE MINORITY, THE WWE DOES NOT CARE WHAT YOU THINK. The fact is, beyond London, he gets like 99% massive babyface pops and he IS vicious. Did he not kick Nexus' heads in?

this is more of the IWC jumping the gun and wanting a more brutal wrestler. It's a damn good thing you guys aren't employed by the WWE.

I will agree that the WWE doesn't care what I think. It doesn't care what you think, either. As long as they are raking in the cash, why would they? Notice I said his popularity will EVENTUALLY start to dwindle, just not yet. People will come to realize just how bland babyface Randy can be. Watch and see how "hilarious" that is, son.

Yea, if Orton is the same character for the rest of his career he'll eventuall get boring. Right now he's one of the top babyfaces in the company, some nights he gest the biggest babyface pops. He's nowhere near the decline or starting to dwindle.

When the fuck did he change his vicousness towards other faces? Pretty sure that has been the entire basis of the character :lmao:

I think its more attributable to CM Punk being awesome, than Orton being boring or whatever. I mean, dont get me wrong, Orton is fucking boring as fuck, but its not a new thing.

He will continue to get his positive reactions, London crowds are always a little off kilter.

Randy Orton is bland and boring?? I have to disagree with you...
He is with the WWE for almost what 8/9 years?? (i dont want to go to wikipedia)
in that time he developed is character so well, he had amazing matches, he probably has the coolest finisher and theme song! We know who Randy is, every thing about his ring persona!! We know that he doesnt give a fuck about nobody (even as a face), he is vicious and the only guy that sell a move perfectly, alongside with CM Punk they have to be the best sellers in the WWE!

We guys are stupids, yes we are dont doubt about that...
We cheer for the heels, we boo the faces - if every crowd was 90% guys >16 years, the WWE would suck so bad, because nobody will give a fuck about the good guy, always the bad guy should win.. It's like people cheer for Hitler and Boo Jesus, that dont make any fucking sense, so we guys are really dumbasses XD

Now i like CM Punk, but i prefer Orton!!
Very people say that CM Punk is gold on the mic, no he isnt, he talks slowly and sometimes we notice that he thinks about what he has to say, he is good, not gold 8/10 (i.e The Rock10/10 , Edge 9/10 , Jericho10/10 are gold)

But yes, he wins every week, but who the hell in the roster can fight him and really win?? CM Punk is being built as a heel, he shouldn't win clean! Oh i know the IWC favourite guy John Morrison, no he cant, OMG after last RAW with that Opening Promo, he sucked so bad, that he should be in Evan Bourne position fuck!
And if you think that he is SuperCena, he cant be, i dont know if you notice, but he was the last guy that beat Cena cleanly (Tables Match -> AA to an RKO) so right now he is over SuperCena, he has to be the HiperSuperCena!!

There you are bitching about something, always!!
Just as an exeple, if it was for the most part of IWC, WWE didnt exist anymore!!

Exemple of the stupidity about IWC:
  • John Cena suck so bad, 5 moves of doom!
  • Randy Orton is becoming SuperCena , i wanna cry!!
  • CM Punk is so boring, that SES omg just killed my life time !!
  • John Morrison everyone likes his movesets, but everybody bitch about his mic skills!
  • Kane is supposed to be a monster, why is he the good guy?
  • Rey Mysterio wears a mask, what a moron, i hate him too!!
  • The Undertaker should have lost to HBK, what a douch, I HATE HIM!!
  • Christian is an asshole, he went to TNA!!
  • Alberto Del Rio is a stupid guy, i dont understand what he is saying!!
  • Dolph Ziggler is ridiculous with that new hair look!!
  • etc.... (im tired)

Fuck, stop moaning about something!! Dont like, dont watch, is simple as that!!
OMG Zack Ryder should be the face of the WWE only for you to love the shows (face of the company for only a week, beacuse in the following week you will hate him as fuck)!!

Yeah I think it might be starting to happen, don't know if it was just the English crowd but u could hear all the females and kids were shouting Randy Orton and all the men were shouting CM Punk. Maybe a switch to Smackdown to replace Edge in the draft might stop this

The similarities are the 5 moves of doom and that he is destroying everyone, but Vince won't push RKO to be as big as Cena. Though I can certainly see why you'd post this. Orton either needs to move to Smackdown and be their number 1 for a year or two (whilst having top new heels to feud with), or he needs to be beaten up badly by Nexus and then come back as the same Randy Orton character than terrorised the McMahons and Triple H. As a tweener he'd get a great reaction again and he'd be something different to the other guys that are cheered for.

Yeah, I noticed the RKO-GTS chants during their match. But I'm not sure if the fans did that because they don't like Orton or if they did it because they really dig Punk. Non-American crowds have been known to react a little differently. Years ago, when Christian first started his Captain Charisma gimmick the European crowds couldn't care less if he was a heel and universally loved him for no apparent reason and no amount of comments about the British's teeth or anything like it would change it.
It remains to be seen if the fans will still do those chants when Orton faces other guys. I sure hope this is not the case of him getting a Cena-reaction. Some things should better stay unique.

orton sucks as a face...but hes not cena 2.0. Unfortunately its the Miz :-(
pay attention to the clues!

orton sucks as a face??:wtf: are you telling me you would rather have the boring orton back?? the one with the boring monotone voice? the same boring speeches and promos? the slow and uninteresting matches? all you people who claim randy as a face is stupid, just have no clue what's good and what's not. I think turning orton face was a great idea :worship: besides, how many good faces do we have that are main event material?? Cena??

There are a post about that already!!

Randy Orton cant be a heel, while having RKO has his finisher!! It cant be done, because nobody in the world stays normal seeing a RKO from nowhere!
It's such a cool move and better than every other finisher in almost every way possible!

I cant boo a RKO, I simply cant!! If it was for instance, a Super Clothesline I could boo it, because its a stupid finisher to see a guy getting clotheslines from other Superstars and that one can win with that (JBL)

And one thing, what the hell do you want to see in a match??
Fuck, i'm sick and tired of the IWC haters, that hate everything!!

If the match has 15 minutes length, you say its unreal, if they have 7 minutes they have the 5 moves of doom!!
What you want to see? A Roll-Up pin in every match? A pin with a simple suplex?
Fuck stop complaining!! They cant please everybody, it is impossible!!
You may like CM Punk, i dont! You may hate Drew McIntyre,but i like him!!

What can they do? Nothing!!

Cena + Orton are SuperMan!!
Morrison is the worst talker in the history of the WWE!
Daniel Bryan dont scare anyone!!
CM Punk is thin and so weak, go look SES vs Big Show, i HATE HIM!!
Big Show is large, so i will hate him, YES! :D
Sheamus has a stupid accent that i hate!
Michael Cole has a voice, fuck i hate it!
Drew McIntyre is boring, i hate him too!!!
ADR speaks Spanish, so i hate him too!!
The Miz is trying to copy Jericho, i am crying now :suspic:
Jericho is Dancing, i hate him!!

Do you want more?? just do a little research on this forum, and you can see a lot more trust me!!

Enjoy WWE, Randy Orton is one of the best characters ever made and if anybody say that he cant wrestle, they have probably some mental problem!!

hilarious. The same guys who want to keep a guy who gets cheers as a heel to stay a heel want Cena to turn heel. Basically it seems the IWC wants EVERYONE to be a ruthless, cussing, bloody bastards.

Why not? Chris Nolan's Batman was a dark menacing scary badass and Joel Schumacher was a happy go lucky one liner joke with a Batman Credit card. Guess which one was a box-office smash and which one bombed?

Ever think of this one, now stick with me, because this kind of out there, YOU ARE IN THE MINORITY, THE WWE DOES NOT CARE WHAT YOU THINK. The fact is, beyond London, he gets like 99% massive babyface pops and he IS vicious. Did he not kick Nexus' heads in?

:lol: What about Toronto, London, NYC, Philadelpia. I actually thought kicking the heads felt kind of forced in the storyline. If we were to compare Austin and Orton, Austin just did it because he felt like it and felt spontaneous, Orton felt predictably coreographed.

this is more of the IWC jumping the gun and wanting a more brutal wrestler. It's a damn good thing you guys aren't employed by the WWE.

Again ... let's compare the Box-office of Batman Begins and Supeman Returns. One hero was the old school clean cut hero, the other one was, as mentioned earlier, a meancing scary badass. Again ... what made more money in the boxoffice?

My point with this is simple, if the WWE is a business they would see immedatley anti-heroes and brutal badasses are the kinds of heroes people like. Why do you think most pop-culture videogames have bald headed space marines as the main characters and why Wolverine got a more prominent role than Cyclops in the X-Men movies.

Why not? Chris Nolan's Batman was a dark menacing scary badass and Joel Schumacher was a happy go lucky one liner joke with a Batman Credit card. Guess which one was a box-office smash and which one bombed?

:lol: What about Toronto, London, NYC, Philadelpia. I actually thought kicking the heads felt kind of forced in the storyline. If we were to compare Austin and Orton, Austin just did it because he felt like it and felt spontaneous, Orton felt predictably coreographed.

Again ... let's compare the Box-office of Batman Begins and Supeman Returns. One hero was the old school clean cut hero, the other one was, as mentioned earlier, a meancing scary badass. Again ... what made more money in the boxoffice?

My point with this is simple, if the WWE is a business they would see immedatley anti-heroes and brutal badasses are the kinds of heroes people like. Why do you think most pop-culture videogames have bald headed space marines as the main characters and why Wolverine got a more prominent role than Cyclops in the X-Men movies.

Did anybody get his point??? Is he trying to compare WWE with Marvel?
LOL

Let me see that!!
Lets compare this two movies!
Batman movie is like Randy Orton, sells like shiit!
SuperMan is like Curt Hawkins, nobody cares!!

Ow and you just named random places, i bet that!!
The only city that i have seen kinda booing Orton was Chicago (CM SUCKS hometown) You just dont know, but WWE highest pop comes when you hear Randy Orton theme!! You havent paid attetion, i know!!

Well Batman and Superman is DC and not Marvel

But I was trying to compare popular culture since the original argument is that the IWC want to see content with a more menacing edge. That's probably true but its not only the case for the IWC or Wrestling, this is the case of in popular media. The same reason why a lot of fans hate Cena is the same reason why Japanese RPG's these days don't sell, its because of the clean cut hero.

Off Topic Note: Here's the thing I still do not understand why IWC is considered the minority. It seems like everyone who has a positive or negative opinion or analysis on Wrestling is considered the IWC where their opinions don't matter. The truth is almost every one has access to the internet these days has an opinion. Whether you are 10, 30, a casual wrestling fan, or hardcore fan.

My co-worker is what you call a casual viewer and doesn't like John Cena and calls him for kids, he doesnt go to message boards about wrestling. Does that make him an IWC?

Randy Orton has surpassed Cena imo. If you go to a show live, you will hear Orton get the loudest pop out of everyone. Cena gets a very mixed reaction. Orton I'd say has become a big time face for the company like Cena and Miz. He really has taken The Viper character and made it work well to the point it's a become an experience when see him play the character live at an event. He is exciting to watch and hopefully he'll make his mark as the face of the company by beating supercena in a big time pay per view match.

The name of this thread makes me shake my head in disbelief. Randy and John made their debut around the same time(Randy in 2000, John in 2001), they both rose through the ranks quickly, winning multiple championships including several world titles(often feuding against eachother for them) and today are two of the biggest names in the WWE and without a doubt the most popular among the fans. To say that Randy Orton is the next John Cena is a huge insult to Randy, it's like saying Triple H is the next HBK or Kane is the next Undertaker. They are in the same elite class and have sacrificed time and their bodies to get to where they are, and they deserve immense respect from fans everywhere.

I agree with JWGunslinger. The title of this thread makes me shake my head. But indeed, Randy has become more similar to John this couple of years. His matches have became less unique, more predictable, and basically, follow the same formula. The same with Ray Mysterio... though his recent matches has shown signs of the old Mysterio I love when he wrestle Eddie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back