Random Slyfox Comments (questions welcomed, replies not promised)

Slyfox696

Excellence of Execution
Just posted in three of the four WZ Tournament threads. The HBK vs. Hart thread is a toss-up and really...does it matter? When it comes to HBK and Hart, they are essentially interchangeable in the WZ Tourney. In the threads in which I did comment, both Lesnar and Cena winning their matches seem pretty obvious. And in the Taker vs. Angle thread, it's a shame they both can't lose.

Think we have a solid chance of a Lesnar - Cena final.

Which is hilarious, but also a tough draw for Cena. Brock holds the real-world showdown advantage, but Cena's legacy is ten times Brock. Should be a solid bit of arguing.

Still salty Misawa lost by one to fucking Angle. Misawa - Taker would have been real interesting.

Shouldn't we give it to HBK? These 2 faced each other in their primes twice and once Montreal happened but the first time Shawn beat him. We are using the SSlam analogy for Cena/Bryan as to why Bryan should take that one; the case is the same for Hart/Shawn.

Although you are against using that SSlam analogy

Think we have a solid chance of a Lesnar - Cena final.
It's very possible, but that would suck. John Cena deserves to win this thing at least once, but that would definitely be a tough matchup.

Which is hilarious, but also a tough draw for Cena. Brock holds the real-world showdown advantage, but Cena's legacy is ten times Brock. Should be a solid bit of arguing.
Cena's legacy and Brock's lack of passion and mercenary attitude for pro wrestling would have to be the driving arguments.

Still salty Misawa lost by one to fucking Angle. Misawa - Taker would have been real interesting.
None of those three interest me in the slightest.
Shouldn't we give it to HBK? These 2 faced each other in their primes twice and once Montreal happened but the first time Shawn beat him. We are using the SSlam analogy for Cena/Bryan as to why Bryan should take that one; the case is the same for Hart/Shawn.
Whose we? Because I sure as hell am not.

Yeah, I prefer to go the "best wrestler" argument, not the "random match" argument.

Neither of those were decisive victories for HBK though. The Screwjob speaks for itself. The Iron Man match ended in a draw, with Michaels firmly planted in a sharpshooter. If the match wasn't stopped, and Hart not thrown into an overtime he didn't agree to, HBK has no clean victories over Hart.

Neither of those were decisive victories for HBK though. The Screwjob speaks for itself. The Iron Man match ended in a draw, with Michaels firmly planted in a sharpshooter. If the match wasn't stopped, and Hart not thrown into an overtime he didn't agree to, HBK has no clean victories over Hart.
Not to mention, Bret Hart was definitely the better in-ring worker. Without question. HBK is grossly overrated in the ring, even though he was good. But HBK was really only great at one thing and that's selling. His offense was average, at best. Hart was the complete package and by the time his career was finished, he was darn good on the mic as well.

But Hart didnt win the match. It went to overtime an HBK won, Hart was the best in WWE (the most scientific they touted) and he couldnt beat HBK in regulation time and then lost in extra time. Why is that not a big fucking feather in HBK's cap.

Not to mention, Bret Hart was definitely the better in-ring worker. Without question. HBK is grossly overrated in the ring, even though he was good. But HBK was really only great at one thing and that's selling. His offense was average, at best. Hart was the complete package and by the time his career was finished, he was darn good on the mic as well.

Harts mic work as heel and anti-attitude era was great. I know HBK has been touted by WWE, but I have heard Austin and Taker laud him like crazy. His matches have engrossed me as a kid and then when I was older. His offense played off the fact that he was a scrappy athletic underdog who put his body on the line. He continued that from his Rocker Days.

Sly, who do you think are the 5 greatest superstars of all time?
In no particular order:

Hogan, Cena, Rock, Austin, everyone else

After the top 4, there's a big drop off. Flair, Andre, HHH and a whole host of others all belong on a second tier, but those four are clearly better than anyone else.

Harts mic work as heel and anti-attitude era was great. I know HBK has been touted by WWE, but I have heard Austin and Taker laud him like crazy. His matches have engrossed me as a kid and then when I was older. His offense played off the fact that he was a scrappy athletic underdog who put his body on the line. He continued that from his Rocker Days.
His offense was not good. His offense would have worked better in an older style, but it simply was not suited for professional wrestling after the mid to late 90s.

Yeah I've always thought of it that way too, with a lot in the second tier and guys like Edge, Jericho and Angle in the third.

But Hart didnt win the match. It went to overtime an HBK won, Hart was the best in WWE (the most scientific they touted) and he couldnt beat HBK in regulation time and then lost in extra time. Why is that not a big fucking feather in HBK's cap.

If you keep it kayfabe, Hart had Michaels locked in the sharpshooter for at least 30 seconds. Michele's wasn't moving towards the rope. Hart simply held on and let the 60 Minutes expire. The only reason the hold was released, the match ended. By the letter of the rules for that match, the 60 minutes were up, Michaels didn't beat Hart in the time allocated before the match, Hart retains the title. Instead Monsoon comes out, restarts a match that had already ended with the champ retaining, Michaels has 3 minutes to rest from a hold he should never have been released from, and gets a tainted victory.

The WZ Tournament is always so funny in its ridiculousness. While nothing will ever beat the year a wrestler (Sting? Hogan?) lost because they've never climbed a ladder to paint their shed, this year I saw an argument which says one wrestler should go over another because they would be more likely to win the next two matches.

The WZ Tournament...where logic takes a backseat to fandom. It cracks me up.

The WZ Tournament is always so funny in its ridiculousness. While nothing will ever beat the year a wrestler (Sting? Hogan?) lost because they've never climbed a ladder to paint their shed, this year I saw an argument which says one wrestler should go over another because they would be more likely to win the next two matches.

The WZ Tournament...where logic takes a backseat to fandom. It cracks me up.

Well yeah. And even though you'd never admit this and I totally respect that, from my perspective Cena beat Thesz last round due to the fact he'd probably be the easier of the two to get Bryan past. Evidenced with Bryan currently winning primarily due to the kayfabe argument. Cena/Thesz was deadlocked for a long time and it was a great battle, and Bryan barely edged out Sammartino with arguments that were ludicrous in of itself.

Well yeah. And even though you'd never admit this and I totally respect that, from my perspective Cena beat Thesz last round due to the fact he'd probably be the easier of the two to get Bryan past.
Cena is better than Thesz. But I agree Thesz would have been nearly impossible for Bryan to beat.

Bryan barely edged out Sammartino with arguments that were ludicrous in of itself.
I don't think I did much more than peek in that thread. What were the arguments in there?

Cena is better than Thesz. But I agree Thesz would have been nearly impossible for Bryan to beat.

I disagree, but hey, we can save the arguments if Cena/Thesz ever have a rematch. I'd much, much rather Thesz have gone out to someone of Cena's caliber than to have lost to Daniel Bryan.

I don't think I did much more than peek in that thread. What were the arguments in there?

Aside from accusations that Sammartino probably wouldn't have been able to climb a ladder as well as Bryan, pretty much fanboyism.

On an unrelated note, I'm really enjoying my Galaxy S6. Not the edge, just the regular. Much faster than my old Note 2.

Apple is not the way to go for the Forum. When you've got a poll you get a HUGE streak of Red & Blue on the screen. And that's the mobile version.

I prefer my Android phones, for numerous reasons. I had an iPhone for a long time, but it's been a long time since they've had any real feature an Android device doesn't.

I don't doubt it. I don't see any real reason to go with an iPhone unless you have a Mac/iPad and use either/both quite often.

Yeah, for me it worked out cheaper so it was the alternative I wanted. But I really wish I'd stuck it out & thought about it first.

I'm really bad at rushing into decisions.

I don't doubt it. I don't see any real reason to go with an iPhone unless you have a Mac/iPad and use either/both quite often.

This was my mindset. I still use iTunes but i have an app for my Droid that let me burn all my songs onto that phone. So I saw little point to getting an iPhone.

Yeah, for me it worked out cheaper so it was the alternative I wanted. But I really wish I'd stuck it out & thought about it first.

I'm really bad at rushing into decisions.
Not me...when it comes to a big monetary decision, I think long and hard about it first.

This was my mindset. I still use iTunes but i have an app for my Droid that let me burn all my songs onto that phone. So I saw little point to getting an iPhone.

Why use iTunes? iTunes blows so hard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back