• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Question about registering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pimpin

Resident Hip Hop Junkie
I'm not exactly sure where to post this but here it goes. Does it count as an alt if someone I knew registered on here by using my E-Mail address as one of the ways for contact information?

Probably would. Is it the same email address that is being used to set up the account? If so then more than likely yes.

Although if you were looking for a place to post it, you could have posted it in the ask a question thread.

Probably would. Is it the same email address that is being used to set up the account? If so then more than likely yes.

The person says thet they were gonna use one of my other e-mail addresses & not the one that I used to set up my account with.

We monitor alts based on IP address and not E-mail, as it's a lot easier for someone to make up a new E-mail address. As long as you don't have 2 accounts, it's fine.

We monitor alts based on IP address and not E-mail, as it's a lot easier for someone to make up a new E-mail address. As long as you don't have 2 accounts, it's fine.

The account will in no way be mine & i'm gonna take a guess & say that the person can't use my computer to register on here.

Yeah, if they register on the computer you registered with there is a possibility both will be banned for alts. It's a lot better for your friend to use their computer, to register with at least.

Yeah, if they register on the computer you registered with there is a possibility both will be banned for alts. It's a lot better for your friend to use their computer, to register with at least.

Thanks for the help. I very much appreciate it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back