PS4 vs. Xbox One: Does Sony already have the advantage?

I guess the main difference is xbox one catered to the developers of games, making DRM centralised and easier while PS 4 maintained the current status quo of fragmented DRM that is up to the developers. Microsoft's stance might actually benefit online gamers in the long run if the game developers can't afford to cover the whole globe for DRM on PS 4.

Could be an interesting dynamic in the future whether this might influence the next gen of 'exclusive' games on either console. Will the breakout developer prefer the assurance of DRM from Microsoft or the lack of restrictions of the PS 4?

While the PS4 is definitely more gamer-friendly, Xbox One totally upstaged it in exclusive games at E3. I'll definitely be rolling with the Xbox One once it comes out this Thanksgiving/Christmas. I can't wait to play D4, Quantum Break, Sunset Overdrive, and most of all, Dead Rising 3.

Peopel seem to miss that Sony announced you need to have PS+ to play online. Though Kingdom Hearts III will make me get a PS4.

I already own a WiiU and I think today we'll see the first party and people go 'oh yeah that's what Nintendo can do'.

Kingdom hearts 3 is going multi platform. it will come to xbox one. metal gear solid series is also going multi platform. final fantasy is also going to multi platform.. 3 big losses for the ps4.

i think xbox one obviously has better exclusives and games, but ps4 wins in everything else : graphics, hardware, less restrictions, sales, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back