Petition to remove Donald Trump from HOF

MTL722

Your Mother's Favorite Wrestler
For those of you who have not read, a female wrestling fan by the name of Grace Lin has started a Change.org petition to remove Trump from the HOF. The full story is on the WZ front page if you need more info.
Questions, comments, concerns? DISCUSS (

Full disclosure: I am choosing not to weigh in because I've already posted my words for Grace and my thoughts in the disqus section of the aforementioned Frontpage story. I'd hate to start this forum already skewed in one direction

MOD NOTE:
This may be about Trump, but do keep in mind that this is still about the WWE Hall Of Fame and less about current events. Let's not delve too far off topic.

Not to make it into a political conversation because I don't think these forums are the place for that.

So, all I'll say here is that it's pretty simple really... if Hulk Hogan gets kicked out and removed from all things WWE over his comments than surely Donald needs to be removed as well.

He's attacked almost every minority in the country so far.

If Vince feels Hulk's comments were a bad for business and a bad look for the company than he has to put his billionaire friendship aside and make this move as well.

I don't think it's fair to overlook certain things:

Mike Tyson - Convicted racist

Iron Sheik - Constant homophobic remarks rather it's in a shoot, on Howard Stern or Twitter.

Ultimate Warrior - Homophobic remarks and his controversial remarks about Hurricane Katrina.

Arnold Schwarzenegger - Steroid use and sexual misconduct.

Scott Hall - Second degree murder.

While I don't support Donald Trump or his remarks you can't petition for his dismisal without looking at the others.

We live in such a PC world now. If you actually listen to Trump none of the stuff he has said is racist, but the media plays a short tidbit and declares his comments unAmerican. Of course the media is going to do that since they are run by the liberals. If you don't like Trump then don't vote for him. Whoever started the petition I'm sure doesn't like Trump and has a lot of time on their hands.

While I don't support Donald Trump or his remarks you can't petition for his dismisal without looking at the others.

Of course we can. Hulk Hogan ring a bell to you? Hulk Hogan said the N word 8 years ago in a private conversation and WWE erases him. ERASES HIM.

Donald Trump is basing his campaign off of splitting the nation. Fuck I'm not going into this, but he should be removed. The guy is clearly a racist. I see no difference in Trump attacking and generalizing Mexicans and Muslims, and Donald Sterling saying he doesn't want blacks at his basketball games. Except Trump is running for President.

Plus, he doesn't deserve to be in their in the first place. At least Drew Carey's a good guy...

We live in such a PC world now. If you actually listen to Trump none of the stuff he has said is racist, but the media plays a short tidbit and declares his comments unAmerican. Of course the media is going to do that since they are run by the liberals. If you don't like Trump then don't vote for him. Whoever started the petition I'm sure doesn't like Trump and has a lot of time on their hands.

Ummm, he watched and borderline cheered as white people at one of his rallies beat up a black man and has marginalized the "black lives matter" protests since the start.

He's threatened to deport all mexicans because they're "rapists."

And now he wants to make muslims register in a database and carry around ID which is similar to the Nazi's treatment of Jews in the holocaust.

Call a spade a spade, man. Support him all you want, but don't lie about what he is and what he has said.

And none of it is the media's fault. They're doing their job by covering the things he says. If he or his people don't like it, he probably shouldn't say it. Even other republicans and GOP-TV FOX News has distanced themselves from him.

Of course we can. Hulk Hogan ring a bell to you? Hulk Hogan said the N word 8 years ago in a private conversation and WWE erases him. ERASES HIM.

Donald Trump is basing his campaign off of splitting the nation. Fuck I'm not going into this, but he should be removed. The guy is clearly a racist. I see no difference in Trump attacking and generalizing Mexicans and Muslims, and Donald Sterling saying he doesn't want blacks at his basketball games. Except Trump is running for President.

Plus, he doesn't deserve to be in their in the first place. At least Drew Carey's a good guy...

I am familiar with Hogan and Jimmy Snuka being out of HOF. The point I was making is that there are others that need to be looked at too and not just Trump. Some that never should've been in the HOF to begin with.

First, I've never heard Donald Trump say the N word before. Have you?

If Trump is splitting the nation then how is the two party system any different? Doesn't the Republican and Democratic party split the nation when it comes to political views? Donald Trump is clearly a racist because the liberal media tells you that he is, and you believe everything that you see and hear on TV? Donald Trump never said he didn't want Mexicans or even Muslims in America. What he did say is we need a stronger border since there are a lot of illegals that come here. Many are good people, but are given government handouts which raises our taxes. I have some friends that came here legally and are upset about the border situation as well since they did it by the law and they feel that it's unfair. All Trump wants is a stricter border so anyone who wants to come to our great country does it by the law. If a good person broke into your home what would you do? Would you call the cops or let them live with you and pay for some of their stuff? Plus it's not all Mexicans coming through our border. Read that roughly over 70 different countries come through the border as well. Do you really think that only good people cross through the border from those countries?

Trump not only has been at a few Wrestle Manias but his place hosted WM 5 at the Trump plaza, was in a major story line with Vince McMahon at WM 23, and had a week run as "the owner" of Raw. At least I think we can both agree that Drew Carey's a good guy.

I'm not American therefore don't have a say in their election, but I will say this though.

Donald Trump has never been afraid of calling a spade a spade, he has always been outspoken and says what he thinks. Anyone who is surprised at his remarks obviously doesn't know him at all.

He is running to be leader of the United States of America, I like Trump, but think he would be a disaster waiting to happen. I personally don't care if he's in the HOF or not, what I care more about is if he is in the White House.

Canada enjoys a good relationship with the US, and I can see that going away if Trump is elected. All that being said though, with what happened in Paris a few weeks ago and California last week, I think Trump is only saying what a lot of others are thinking.

I'd prefer if the entire celebrity Hall of Fame was removed and we just honored people who did more than promote their book/show/company for 20 minutes once.

I'd prefer if the entire celebrity Hall of Fame was removed and we just honored people who did more than promote their book/show/company for 20 minutes once.

To his defense in that sense...He did promote WM 4 and 5 by having it at the Trump Plaza.

Comparing Hogan and Trump doesn't really make much sense to me. Donald Trump has always been a polarizing, controversial figure and like so many right wing politicians have done and will continue to do so, he's exploiting racial tensions and appealing to those tensions among white voters. Is it callous and calculating? Absolutely but it's also a brilliant political move. Donald Trump is a billionaire and he's currently competing for the most powerful political office on the face of the earth and I think what has so many Republicans steamed and/or frightened is not only is he playing the dirty political tricks better than they are, he's not abiding by their rules of etiquette while doing so. Trump is appealing to those right wing voters who are fed up with political correctness, who're tired of the usual Washington political game and who have no real confidence in modern Republican candidates. I don't agree with him personally and think he's a disaster waiting to happen or, at best, is just putting on a helluva show until getting elected and will tow the line once he's sworn in.

I'm going to be blunt here, in Hulk Hogan's situation, because we're all grown ups and I'm not using the term for the way he used it. In Hulk Hogan's case, it boils down to profanity laced recordings of Hulk Hogan angrily and repeatedly saying the word ******. He refers to Arabs by the term, says that he's heard rumors about his daughter sleeping with one and isn't happy about it.

To my knowledge, Hogan still is in the WWE Hall of Fame and footage of him is still on the WWE Network. I don't see why Trump should be removed from the HOF and, again, it's a totally different situation. WWE doesn't acknowledge Hogan and, frankly, you don't hear them mentioning Donald Trump either. At the same time, WWE wasn't and hasn't been making Donald Trump action figures, t-shirts, posters, caps, bandanas, etc. The Hulk Hogan brand was, at one time, a cash cow, WWE was making money off Hogan merchandise, Hogan is also inextricably linked to WWE's history in such a way that it'd be all but impossible to just erase him entirely. Also, compared to his career as a wrestler, it's not fair in my opinion. Hulk Hogan, regardless of how tarnished his reputation is now because of this, is still the biggest star in the history of professional wrestling.

I think the whole thing is ultimately another example of political correctness running amok. If only saints and angels can be put into the HOF, then there probably wouldn't be a Hall of Fame in WWE, pro wrestling at large, football, basketball, baseball, hockey, boxing or any other sport. From any genre of sport, you have controversial figures who've done and/or said classless things, drug addicts, convicted felons, woman beaters, alleged connections to organized crime, etc. and people aren't petitioning for them to be kicked out. For instance, somewhere down the line, Floyd Mayweather, Jr. will probably be inducted into the International Boxing Hall of Fame and rightly so when you look at his career as a boxer: he's only the 13th boxer in history to retire undefeated as a World Champion, he's won 12 World Championships in four different weight divisions, he tied Rocky Marciano's record of 49-0 and is 26-0 in World Championship fights. Mayweather is also a well known homophobe and several convictions for domestic abuse. The fact that he's an arrogant, woman beating homophobe doesn't mean he wasn't a fantastic boxer.

I wouldn't mind if the celebrity wing of the WWE Hall of Fame was scrapped altogether. I mean, let's face it, hardly anyone genuinely believes any of the celebrities "deserve" it and a legit case can be made to support that stance. However, again, just because Donald Trump is an arrogant, world class prick shouldn't be a reason for him to be removed.

It's a sham HOF not like it matters in the world to anyone. I try to avoid political discussions here but Vince did call someone the "N" word on TV so I think he should have to step down as CEO and sell all his shares.

Don't be so ridiculous. Massive, massive difference between scripted use of the word for entertainment (tasteless or not) and what Hogan did.

Don't be so ridiculous. Massive, massive difference between scripted use of the word for entertainment (tasteless or not) and what Hogan did.

What Donald Trump said was not scripted, he genuinely feels that way. He has stated the same position over and over again when asked by media sources.

The massive difference is Trump right now is running for one of the most powerful positions in the world, the leader of a world superpower. Hogan on the other hand was pissed his daughter was dating someone. Both at the time believed what they said was in their right to do so. The only thing is even though Freedom of Speech is a right that everyone has, you still have to watch that it doesn't bite you in the ass on the rebuttal.

Mind you there are leaders of European countries that have said almost the same thing, and they don't generate the kind of heat that Trump did. France closed their borders after the attacks there, and there are a few countries that have banned women from wearing the burqa. France and Belgium having a total ban, and there are sporadic bans in Italy and China.

I personally didn't find Hogan's bitter honesty as a bad thing. I honestly feel the timing of the material around the time of the Church shooting played a bigger role in his immediate departure. I feel at some point he will appear on WWE TV again.

100% agree. It tarnishes real legends that are in the same HOF. The Celebrity wing needs to be erased and forgotten about. Drew Carey ? For crying out loud.

Some of the comments under the story on the main page, make me sad that people are so ignorant of the facts. I sincerely hope some of them aren't posters on this site.

Oh and I just lost it with one woman on there. Stupid bitch. No wonder the world is a fucked up as it is and we have presidential nominees like the ones the US has.

Not to make it into a political conversation because I don't think these forums are the place for that.

So, all I'll say here is that it's pretty simple really... if Hulk Hogan gets kicked out and removed from all things WWE over his comments than surely Donald needs to be removed as well.

He's attacked almost every minority in the country so far.

If Vince feels Hulk's comments were a bad for business and a bad look for the company than he has to put his billionaire friendship aside and make this move as well.

My thoughts exactly the Hogans racial comments are nothing compared to the racial stuff Trump has been saying.

This subject has nothing to do with wrestling. And if I were an admin I would move it immediately. How can anybody talk about Trump right now without bringing up his politics?

Why? I would remove him cause he's not a wrestler but I don't see why his politics have to do with a wrestling show that should effect him not being there.

i LOVE seeing morons misuse the word racist lmao.....
muslim isnt a race. mexican isnt a race.
some of you just wake up in the morning looking for a reason to be offended and feel better about yourselves everytime you use the word racist. pathetic.

trump shouldnt be removed. butthurt crybabies.

some of you just wake up in the morning looking for a reason to be offended and feel better about yourselves everytime you use the word racist. pathetic.

Feel free to use whatever you like:

Synonyms for racist are: anti-Semitic, biased, bigoted, illiberal, intolerant, narrow-minded, opinionated, partial, prejudiced, sectarian, small-minded, xenophobic

Whether people on an internet forum are using the proper vocabulary or not, doesn't change what he is and the hate he has for people of certain races, religions or nationalities.

If you're opposed to the word racist on technical grounds, would intolerant, sectarian, prejudiced, biased, bigoted, or discriminatory be words that you would find more comfortable?

Edit: Such an easy shot that two people took it at the same time.

What Donald Trump said was not scripted, he genuinely feels that way. He has stated the same position over and over again when asked by media sources.

I just wanted to clear up that I was comparing the scripted Vince remarks to Hogan, not comparing Trump to Hogan in any way.

As a wrestling fan, generally, I'd get rid of the Celebrity Wing myself, regardless of the politics or the person behind them. Or at least, have them as 'honorary' members who can deliver a speech at HOF ceremonies and we remember their moments. But let's face it, other than those moments most celebrities have by and large contributed little to WWE in any great form. They've provided help with publicity and put things over like Mr T at Wrestlemania. But as a Wrestling Hall of Fame they shouldn't be there.

While I'd get rid of the Celebrity Wing, I wouldn't remove Trump for his political comments lately. They are offensive to many, but at the moment he is campaigning for the Presidency. There's probably some hot air to his comments and he's saying them for the sake of his campaign.

The real questions should be what happens if he becomes President, which if he does he could be the worst President of all time by some distance. With both parties against some of his ideas he's been coming up with he'd have a hard time pushing any domestic policies through. Foreign Policy under Trump is the real worry and will probably do a lot more harm than anybody else in the running for sure.

It's hard to talk about Trump right now without going into Politics, but I'd say that should be dealt with if he becomes President or not, rather than before and having to deal with it again after the elections.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back