Paranormal Activity 3

tommyh

BEER MONEY
So i was watching raw last night and seen that Paranormal Activity 3 will be coming out in the end of october.Im excited for this to come out.I liked the first one and thought the second one was better cause it tied the first one into it.I cant wait to see how all of this started and see what all happens in it.Is anyone else as excited about this as i am.Ill be in line the night this come out

I am extremely excited to hear about this. With the Saw series being over, it leaves the door wide open for Paranormal Activity to take over as the annual October horror release. The first one was great for an independent film getting a big release. The second had a little more to it, and I liked how it tied the two together. The third looks promising and it could end up being even better than the other two. I will definitely see it because I really enjoyed the older two and with it being October the wifey and I could use a horror movie or two to go see. This will be at the top of my to-see list.

I'm hoping it doesn't turn into the new Saw franchise.

The first two Saws were good, but it got less and less entertaining and more and more confusing as the series progressed. There were 5 too many IMO.

As for PA3, excited would be an understatement. This, and the revival of Beavis and Butthead, October is going to be awesome.

Meh. I will watch Paranormal Activity 3, but I'm not too excited about the most recent film in the series. I thought Paranormal Activity 2 was better than the first film, but it was still pretty mediocre.

Found-footage horror films have become very popular these days, but I can't stand them. The majority of these films are overrated low budget pieces of shit, and almost everyone falls in love with them. The Blair Witch Project (1999) and Paranormal Activity (2007) would be a few good examples. "But everything looks so real! And the shaky camera affects are cool!" Ugh.

Anyway, Paranormal Activity 3 could be fun, and this could be a nice Halloween movie. The story will have more depth, so we should learn more about Katie, Kristi, and the invisible demon.

You know, I thought that the first two movies were a huge fucking letdown, especially with all the positive buzz I was hearing from people I know. Everyone was telling me that it was awesome, and against my better judgement I went and saw them and was obviously let down. However this time around, whenever I see a trailer for this third installment I want to see this one more and more, and when I saw the most recent trailer I was sold. I'm definitely going to see this one, if I'm let down like before then no big deal, atleast I'm seeing this one for me and not my friends.

You know, I thought that the first two movies were a huge fucking letdown, especially with all the positive buzz I was hearing from people I know. Everyone was telling me that it was awesome, and against my better judgement I went and saw them and was obviously let down. However this time around, whenever I see a trailer for this third installment I want to see this one more and more, and when I saw the most recent trailer I was sold. I'm definitely going to see this one, if I'm let down like before then no big deal, atleast I'm seeing this one for me and not my friends.

Well It just depends on the choice of movies from person to person. you should try watch paranormal activity 3 movie this time. As this can be very well predicted from the trailers of the movie that this is going to be a nice and the worth watching movie. I am sure this time you will like the movie for sure , So try the movie.

I like the style. It's more realistic and the way they build suspense is definately better than the garbage "let's play a contrived game where nobody gives a shit about anyone and we just watch a bunch of people get slaughtered and then a TWIST at the end" Saw bullshit.

I'm excited, I will see it. I really quesiton people who say that the paranormal movies don't scare them if they see them in theaters. Coming home late at night in an apartment after those movies creeps me out.

Paranormal Activity is one of my favourite modern horror franchises at this present time. Now, maybe that says more about the state of blockbuster horror movie titles than it does about Paranormal Activity. But the point I am trying to make, is that Paranormal Activity has kept me tied to the horror movie genre when nothing else seemed to be hitting the spot.

Maybe it is my love of under-valued movies that has brought me to this conclusion but I honestly think that Paranormal Activity gets a negative rep for something that I am just not seeing. Perhaps it is cliché and maybe does utilise the tried and tested tricks of movies that have gone before, in order to get a cheap scare. However, as far as scaring goes, I like to think that it hits the spot more times that it misses.

In preparation for the new offering, my girlfriend and I watched the 2 previous offerings and were suitably impressed with the quality. I've always been a fan but she doesn't generally like horror films. However, we both came out of it with a feeling of satisfaction and that speaks volumes for me.

As for the new one, I'm worried. I think that they have given an awful lot away in the trailer and that generally only happens when the rest of the movie isn't going to draw the public in. From what I have seen, it looks to use the same tricks it has used in the previous 2 and my only concern is that it might not pay off this time.

Nevertheless, I will go and see it and make my mind up after that. I have a bad feeling about the title but am not so ignorant to make a judgement based on the trailer.

Spoiler Warning. Don't read if you haven't watched it yet.

Paranormal Activity 3 structures the same format as the other two. Started with a few 'paranormal activities' and end with a BOOM. Although it's the same old format, I kinda like it. It's great that they haven't lost it's touch.

As you know, PA3 is a prequel, and although it is, it's more innovative with the moving cam and the location change. The falling objects are still there, the feet dragging is still there, the tiny door closet is still there.

The story seems much more clearer now, and I'm hoping for another sequel next year. I watched this in a theater, but I believe it is much more scarier watching this alone. about 1 am in the morning :lmao:

I saw this one last night at the midnight show and let me just say to anyone who was on the fence about seeing Paranormal 3, you need to see this movie. As I said before I wasn't impressed with the first two, but I liked what I saw in the trailers and decided to go see it with some friends. Well I will just say that I was freaked out enough after the movie that I called my fiance to chat while I walked from my car to my house, and I don't get freaked out by horror movies very often.

It keeps you guessing the whole time and that's what I enjoyed about it the most, it had a very Blair Witch Project feel to it, only instead of the build ups leading to nothing they did a few like that to take you off guard and then hit you with a scare. Very powerful movie, definitely alot of that is contributed to the fact that it's centered around little girls but I went in optimistic after being dissappointed the last time and came out very happy and very freaked out. Definitely check out Paranormal Activity 3, it starts off slow but it gets damn freaky and it will be worth it.

I saw it last night... wasn't bad. This also coming from somebody who DESPISED the first and thought the second was was nearly just as poor. PA3 is a tad bit scarier but honestly it still did little for me. I tensed up about three times. No jumping or yelling, just curious to see when the next thing would jump out at me would happen.

I saw it with two friends who also are not fans of the serious during a double feature. Oh how we laughed when we were suppose to be scared. Also watching people curling up in their seat covering their eyes was even better than watching the film.

I personally don't like the series but I see why people do. It's a reality thing. They like the idea of how realistic it seems. To me it's just the same old film with one or two new features. When the sheets on the bed start moving or a light starts swaying doesn't do much for me. I prefer suspense compared jump out moments, PA3 finds a good mix of it, but once again with the series, I got bored about half way through.

It's probably the best of the three but to me it's just a movie I'm laughing at when I'm not suppose too.

The first one scared the crap outta me, especially when that lady got pulled from her bed downstairs! I haven't seen the second one or third, so after I saw the first one, I broke the movie down, asking my Mom questions so I had crazy dreams after that.

I went to go see it with the wifey last night. It wasn't as good as the first two in my opinion. Although it did answer some questions about the girls' past, it left more unanswered questions. That will surely disappoint some but it left gateways open for a fourth one. Wide open. The "scary" stuff wasn't really scary to me. Seeing it on opening weekend was a bit of a mistake though, it was packed and people behind us would not shut up. Someone was stupid enough to bring a baby that we heard crying. Who brings a BABY to a movie like Paranormal Activity!? That poor kid is gonna be scarred for life. Anyways it is a film worth seeing but it let me down a little for two reasons. The first is because they left out over half of the trailer's content. The second is that the ending came pretty abruptly unlike in the first two where things escalated much smoother. Still worth going to see though and I look forward to a fourth one next year.

It bugs me to a very high degree that no one can really convince me about this movie. Everywhere I look, I am getting conflicting reports about the overall quality of this film and it is so frustrating.

On one hand, I am looking at Flixster, Rotten Tomatoes and IMDB and being blown away by the scores it is receiving. As I look at it now, it is still soaring with a 70% and a "Fresh" rating on Rotten Tomatoes. The reviews it has been accumulating have been very positive too. I have read multiple reviews and most have been very favourable with the movie, which makes a welcome change.

However, after talking to some of my friends who have already seen it, I have been left disheartened by the reviews they have given it. I know that we have many horror fans on these boards and that is exciting. I know that X, Mitch and tdigle are all very knowledgeable about horror films but I think that I was the only one of those that would defend the earlier movies in the series. As I have stated, I love the series.

I hate going to see these types of movies on premier day because the cinema is generally filled with idiots who laugh the full way through. Tonight though, it is judgement day. I've been dodging spoilers like the plague all week and now I've finally reached the end of my rope. I need to see this movie and decide once and for all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back