OVW or FCW??

Savion83

Pre-Show Stalwart
Ohio Valley Wrestling was the developement source for the WWF/E for a longtime by helping bring up future world champions in Brock Lesner, John Cena, Randy Orton, and Dave Batista. But the "E" cut off ties from owner Danny Davis's OVW a couple of years ago for some reason? And went down to FCW in Tampa, FL for developing future WWE superstars.

We've seen some great wrestlers come out of Florida Championship Wrestling like Sheamus, Drew McIntrye, and Wade Barrett, with more to come. And out of all the wrestlers since FCW became exclusive to the WWE in development we've only seen one current world champion come from out that way, Sheamus!

So my question is, which development base was better, OVW or FCW??

Neither...

Either way you still have the same problem.

Laurinaitis/Stephanie don't watch the product :disappointed:

If I had to choose I would select OVW because you had a great written show that was lead by Dangerous Danny Davis and Jim Cornette. Also you had Kenny Bolin who arguably was the best manager of this decade (and yet never got called up)

Cornette said it best "I used to make a list from #1-20 on the guys that were most ready to be called up, and that double left foot Laurinatis would always select #14, #17, and #20"

"We would have TV written 2-4 weeks in advance and they would call us the day before an event and try to plug a guy, it's like WTF we've had TV written for weeks... like you guys should"

If you've never heard Cornette talk about how ridiculous Talent Relations is in the WWE than check it out.. some pretty good rants!

On a side note if you want to talk talent that has gone through the two, than you have to go with OVW.

Dinsmore, Conway, Damaja, Basham, Lesnar, Benjamin, Cena, Batista, Punk, and many more.

To be fair to FCW, if this thread was made in 5 years and gave FCW the same amount of time to produce talent it might be closer.

But according to multiple sources (I just mentioned Cornette because he's the most vocal) Head of Talent doesn't even watch the product to see who's over/who's got the in-ring skills to be called up/etc)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back