Orton Injured. What does this mean for the Miz and WWE?

King_of_Swing1520

The King of Swing
as noted on the main page, orton is suffering from a neck injury. he missed raw because of it and will miss a few weeks of house shows. now so far it doesnt seem that he will miss alot of tv time but you never know.

my point is this. if orton cant challenge the miz then who the hell are they going to get to but him over as a champ. cenas "fired". and beside orton and cena there is no established face on raw. if orton cant continue this feud then the wwe is screwed.

now HHH and Taker are out due to injury. shawn michaels is retired. cena's "fired". and now orton may be injured. now this means the only ME face left is edge (who is a much better heel but thats a whole nother story)

if orton cant go the wwe is screwed. this whole yought movement is fine but where are the faces? daniel bryan? i dont think so.

thoughts??

Orton won't be out for too long but if he ends up taking the month off due to "knee" (neck) problems then this will pose a problem for RAW's main eventers but if Orton does end up taking a month off then the WWE can keep the Nexus for longer and have a return from injury/revenge feud with Orton and Nexus so either way, it's gonna work out.

Reactions: TLC
yea, this is unfortunate. they really need Orton right now, I dont see them being able to step anyone up to face Miz over the next few weeks. Bryan? no, he's already beat Miz on a few occasions so it wont look credible.

maybe JoMo for a short program til Orton gets back.

or heres an idea, lets get a heel vs heel program going with Sheamus vs Miz.

I always enjoyed Heel vs Heel for a match or two, it was always an unpredictable matchup.

I don't think it really means too much in the grand scheme of things, especially as it pertains to the Miz. Obviously the WWE cannot be too happy that one of their top guys, Randy Orton, is injured and is supposedly going to miss some time. But keeping Orton out of the picture for a short period of time may actually help the Miz, giving him some title defences against someone less significant than Orton (but more significant than Jerry Lawler).

I could see a program developing between the Miz and John Morrison. I think this was destined to happen anyway, now it just may have to happen a little sooner than planned. Another possibility would be the Miz versus Daniel Bryan, again something that was destined to happen down the road, but now may have to occur a little earlier. And of course, there's always the stereotypical Miz/Riley showdown which has to happen at some point, it usually does. Granted this would be heel vs heel, but that's OK if it's just to keep things moving forward for a short while until Orton is able to return. Because let's face it, it doesn't sound like Orton is going to miss too much time, they just need a smaller feud to stem the tide until Orton is back.

Well orton is the only major face on the major show, they have to do something about that quickly. It could be a happy accident, ie it could give rise to someone who doesn't susually get a chance seen as he is out for a few shows. I wouldn't do what they did with punk, i'd let orton stay off the show so when he returns he gets a great ovation and lots of momentum.

But in the mean time, miz's reign may end up looking really weak if no-one is going to challenge him. Maybe cena should confront him or something. But anyway like I said, zeke, morrison, bryan... any of these guys could really benefit from this without raw suffering in the long run. I mean the next PPV is only TLC, it doesn't make much difference in the long run because it isn't the rumble yet.

I'd like to see them use this oppertunity for particularly morrison and big zeke jackson.

Why even discuss this? The "injury" doesn't sound all that serious. There is no mention of missing TV time or any major changes to storylines. If Orton is planned to get involved with the Miz, he still will.

Why even discuss this? The "injury" doesn't sound all that serious. There is no mention of missing TV time or any major changes to storylines. If Orton is planned to get involved with the Miz, he still will.

erm he missed a show because of it, that is TV time!

"Orton will not be working any of the WWE live events this weekend. He will miss the weekend house shows next weekend as well."

That suggests that he isn't fit to wrestle during that period but that he WILL be on next week's raw really, as it doesn't explicitly state he won't be there. So you'd have to assume that he will be in a non-competitive role next week. And coupled with him missing this week... Well it will look odd orton not being on raw the week after miz took his title thats all i can say, they'll have to patch it up.

From what I read, it doesnt seem to be a major injury. Even if Orton is forced to miss house shows, he can still appear on TV, and do a proper build toward his inevitable rematch vs Miz at TLC.

Miz has pissed off or messed with virtually every face on his way to the top. So, if Orton is forced to miss time, its not like there isnt a ready made feud for Miz right away. Daniel Bryan or John Morrison would be the likely candidates with the most momentum, and there's even R-Truth if needed.

Orton missed one week of TV, and they covered for it well. It didn't harm the build toward a match with Miz at TLC whatsoever. Miz did a nice job of touching on Orton in his promo. I just don't see this being a major problem, as Orton has worked with an injured shoulder/neck on numerous occasions before. Even of he can't work a TV match, he can still appear for promos, and Im sure he'll be ready to go come TLC. If not, Morrison has gained steady momentum, and a Miz-Morrison feud is bound to happen sooner or later, and would likely be the best alternative.

WOW! are we really discussing this? really? just because orton is off a few house shows doesnt mean crap...it only means the wwe is lightening his load by only having him compete or at least appear on raw. he will be ready to go at tlc and sorry everyone who wants to see miz vs morrison or miz vs zeke, thats not going to happen....at least not at the PPV. this is quite honestly a big waste of time. this "Injury" is described as neck PROBLEMS not a torn muscle or something serious....wwe will just lighten his load so he doesnt aggrevate it. and to those who say he wont be taken serious without orton/cena get real....everything hes done to get where he is is enough, MITB, U.S. champ, Tag team champ, he scored pinfalls on CENA, Orton, Morrison, Bryan, Kingston, the list could go on forever.......point is he's already a main eventer and will stay that way

It means very very little. All the injuries are short-term and none of them are debilitating. None of the injured wrestlers are laid up unconscious in a hospital bed unable to move, talk, or think. They just can't wrestle a match.

Nexus has been after the belt for the past 3 holders. Cena, Sheamus, Orton.

Miz is champ. Nexus, specifically Barrett, wants the title. Miz said Nexus was mediocre a few weeks back. I'm sure Nexus will have an issue with that.

There's your completely obvious storyline-to-be and answer to the poster's question. Sorry for making every single post after this one irrelevant.

I don't think it'll mean much in the long run. The WWE took Orton off Raw this week and house shows, so it'll give Orton a little time to rest up. If it were anything really serious, it would be all over the place by now. With Orton off Raw, it was actually a good opportunity for The Miz to be the center of attention that night and fans could be anticipating Orton's return all the more. I expect the WWE to use the injury in the current storyline and use it to ultimately have The Miz retain the title at TLC. The Miz gets a win over a huge main eventer and Orton doesn't lose face as he's got himself a built in excuse for not being at 100%.

The Miz has gotten a surprisingly large amount of media coverage since winning the title. It's been all over TMZ, Entertainment Tonight, Access Hollywood, ESPN among others. The WWE has got to be pretty happy about that and I think it means there's a good chance of The Miz holding the title at least until the Royal Rumble. The two standard hours of Raw this past monday drew well over 5 million viewers for the first time in roughly 4 months, so people were definitely interested to see what would happen with The Miz that night. There's also been talk of the WWE retiring the Spinner belt and having The Miz come out sometime soon carrying a new WWE Championship belt design that they've had created for several months now. If Raw does similar numbers this Monday, then I'd say it's all but guaranteed that The Miz will keep the title at leat to the Rumble.

Without knowing how serious the injury is, you can't really form an opinion on this. Is this one of those common injuries that wrestlers get which causes them to avoid wrestling for a few weeks, while still appearing on television to do promos? Or is this a HHH-style "the muscle has separated from the bone" type injury that will keep him out for months? Or, for that matter, is it a Mr. Anderson style "we'll say he's not wrestling because of a concussion, since concussion care is big in the news these days?" (If you really think Anderson is out for a few months because of a concussion, you are a gullible moron. Don't ask me what the real reason is, I suspect storyline or appearance fees, but I promise you it is not a concussion.)

If it turns out to be a severe injury, the WWE's in an odd place. HHH could come back to wrestle a face role against The Miz- he should be nearing healthy now, and the lack of updates on him from the WWE points to the inevitable 'surprise return'. They could insert Miz into the ongoing Cena/Barrett storyline, but that could prove difficult to write for in the WWE style. They could have JoMo run a program with him- there's been interest in that ever since they separated as a tag team, and while it wouldn't be the ascent of JoMo that everyone here is screaming for (he hasn't been built nearly enough to carry the top belt), it would sell fairly well as the undercard World Title match for a couple of PPV's. They'd need to provide a pretty compelling Smackdown title programming in order to avoid tanking the ratings for a couple of PPV's however, because a Miz/JoMo program, by itself, is not enough to carry PPV buys.

Beyond those options, there's not a lot to do. The WWE doesn't do face/heel turns without a buildup, so a Matt Morgan-style "grats, you're a face and competing for the World Title" turn is out of the question. There are no other ascendant faces on the Raw roster capable of running a program with Miz; you'd have to bring someone over from Smackdown.

Of course, this is just gray-skying. Without knowing how injured Orton is, you can't have any firm opinions one way or the other.

There are many stars in the WWE that can step up, remember, this is pretty much close to the same scenario that led to Jerhico and Benoit reaching the ME in the WWE, by everyone in the Main event being injured and the had to step up and face SCSA. This might be a good time for R-Truth, Bryan, Jomo, and others still to step up, and remember, this is a good opportunity to try Miz as a tweener/face and have him go against Nexus. Also Sheamus just won KOR, so he should be in the running.

While it doesn't seem like it will affect Orton too heavily on the TV schedule, if he did have to miss an extended period of time (at least the TLC PPV) you could always bring over someone from Smackdown to fill the void, the most likely person being Big Show.

He's completely over with the fans, isn't in any major program on Smackdown right now, has a history with Miz (especially after SvR) and can easily main event at any point in time. Plus, I think it's the one PPV where a Miz win could be deemed credible against Show.

Again, this is probably all for naught, but it's always good to have a back-up plan in case issues arise.

From what I understood from the article, it didn't seem too serious. Even if Orton is mildly hurt, that just means Miz is either going to have a very easy rematch, or no rematch at all.

But if this is serious, what this means is John Cena is coming back asap. Without Orton or Cena there is no major face on RAW, and there's really nobody who can step up and fill that role, as the next biggest face is probably Daniel Bryan who is not ready to step up yet. The only other option is to rush JoMo out of his Sheamus feud and let he and Miz fight it out at TLC and maybe have a rematch at Royal Rumble.

That said, JoMo nor Bryan will not sell PPVs like Orton or Cena, so WWE better bring one of them back if they expect TLC to sell.

WOW! are we really discussing this? really? just because orton is off a few house shows doesnt mean crap...it only means the wwe is lightening his load by only having him compete or at least appear on raw. he will be ready to go at tlc and sorry everyone who wants to see miz vs morrison or miz vs zeke, thats not going to happen....at least not at the PPV. this is quite honestly a big waste of time. this "Injury" is described as neck PROBLEMS not a torn muscle or something serious....wwe will just lighten his load so he doesnt aggrevate it. and to those who say he wont be taken serious without orton/cena get real....everything hes done to get where he is is enough, MITB, U.S. champ, Tag team champ, he scored pinfalls on CENA, Orton, Morrison, Bryan, Kingston, the list could go on forever.......point is he's already a main eventer and will stay that way

yea im sure he'll be finetoo but who knows it could turn serious

and you need to get real because as of right now he is hard to believe as champ...and when did he pin daniel bryan...and even if he did DB made him tap twice... he has been a main eventer for a week...kinda...he has never been in a main event on a ppv yet so he isn't a real main eventer...as much as people wanna mark out for miz he still has to prove himself....he has some good moves but still isnt believable as someone who could hang with orton or cena...or even sheamus

While it doesn't seem like it will affect Orton too heavily on the TV schedule, if he did have to miss an extended period of time (at least the TLC PPV) you could always bring over someone from Smackdown to fill the void, the most likely person being Big Show.

He's completely over with the fans, isn't in any major program on Smackdown right now, has a history with Miz (especially after SvR) and can easily main event at any point in time. Plus, I think it's the one PPV where a Miz win could be deemed credible against Show.

Again, this is probably all for naught, but it's always good to have a back-up plan in case issues arise.

i like everything you just said :lol:

i never thought about that
big show would be the perfect guy for the role.....i was thinking sheamus nexus or zeke but big show would be much better

I don't think that it sounds too serious. In fact, it simply sounds like they gave him the week off to rest up. He's supposed to be back this Monday, isn't he? Miz or Reilly will probably get a RKO this Monday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back