If Miz does beat Cena, what next ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scuba 06

Pre-Show Stalwart
What is Miz going to do after this ? I don't see a lot of options for him. I dont think he has been a very good champ and should not be rewarded with such a victory, although if it was a bigger star, I would love to see Cena lose. Regardless what else can he do, if he wins, besides a feud with Morrioson. Cant see that happening though, WWE had a chance to do this for the rumble and decided to keep going with the stale Orton fued. If Cena wins though there are always more options for him. Will there be a draft soon ? If Miz holds it, for how much longer ?

Miz can face ...
-Daniel Bryan ... likely not
-John Cena - Most likely
-John Morrison - Possible
-Randy Orton - Played out

Cena can face...
-Miz
-CM Punk
-Nexus/Mason Ryan
-Sheamus
-Randy Orton

After Wrestlemania there is always a rematch. Has been like that since Wrestlemania 20 at the very next PPV.

Even if Cena wins, Miz will get a rematch and vice versa.

Orton and Punk will probably have a rematch as well.

I think we can see that Miz wont win at Mania, if he does and it's like the last match of night it will be the worst ending to Mania ever! You can't see Miz after mania with the WWE title, if he wins good for him but Mania is usually where the good guys win everything, its always a surprise match or ending where the heel wins. Cena has a wide range of opponents to face, if Miz does win however I could see him maybe fueding with Morrison or maybe Triple H if he sticks around after Mania. As for Cena he can face everyone you surggested as well as a few more guys.

If Miz manages to get out of this fued with Cena with the title, I GUARANTEE that HHH will take the title off him and make him look like crap doing it. It's known that the big-nosed bitch has been trying to bury Miz backstage.

I think we can see that Miz wont win at Mania, if he does and it's like the last match of night it will be the worst ending to Mania ever! You can't see Miz after mania with the WWE title, if he wins good for him but Mania is usually where the good guys win everything, its always a surprise match or ending where the heel wins. Cena has a wide range of opponents to face, if Miz does win however I could see him maybe fueding with Morrison or maybe Triple H if he sticks around after Mania. As for Cena he can face everyone you surggested as well as a few more guys.

Well heels have won at Wrestlemania, but not in the main event if that's what you mean. The only heel to ever walk away as champion in the main event was Triple H at Wrestlemania 2000.

If Miz manages to get out of this fued with Cena with the title, I GUARANTEE that HHH will take the title off him and make him look like crap doing it. It's known that the big-nosed bitch has been trying to bury Miz backstage.

...Except that Triple H's match with Undertaker will probably be a retirement match, and we know Trips is going to lose. Seriously, hating on Triple H for burying people is done to death. The guy is about the inherit the empire, what does he stand to gain from killing the momentum of young talent?

I think that if Miz wins at Mania Cena will have a rematch then the winner will face HHH and HHH will be champ. I can't see Miz getting drafted to Smackdown if he holds the WWE tittle.

What is Miz going to do after this ? I don't see a lot of options for him. I dont think he has been a very good champ and should not be rewarded with such a victory, although if it was a bigger star, I would love to see Cena lose.

The only way to make stars these days is to have the up and coming talent beat the over-rated, over used, stuck down our throats way too much stars like Cena and Orton and Triple H.

Miz has done well with what he has been given, lets be honest you wouldnt catch John Cena wrestling a 60+ year old commentator on PPV would you.

Miz hasnt been given the backing he should have done so it isnt his fault he hasnt got over as the champ, although he has done a much better job then erm lets say Sheamus and Jack Swagger!

There should be a draft after Mania which will give Miz more challengers should he win at Mania (even though he wont becasue Vince has a frigging man crush on Cena)

The Miz SHOULD be rewarded with a victory at Wrestlemania. You ALWAYS have to consider for your future. Now is Cena the face or your company? Yes but he has been carrying this company too much on his shoulder. Can Orton be your face of the company? Maybe but I doubt it. Mysterio, Taker, Edge and HHH are all retiring in the next 2-3 years and word is, Vince is grooming Miz to be the next face of the company. You want to put the belt back on Cena? Wait until Extreme Rules to do it so that way if Miz wins at Wrestlemania, he is established and forever has that accolade that he beat John Cena for the WWE Championship in the main event at Wrestlemania.

"But if Cena wins, it sends the fans home happy." Sometimes at the expense of your fans' happiness, you need to do what is best for business. I personally believe The Miz beating Cena is the better business decision because you always have to wonder what happens if Cena goes down. Very few people could be ready to step up and carry for that time being. Miz beating Cena at Wrestlemania would do him wonders.

Who would he face after that you ask?

Daniel Bryan- Don't get me wrong, I am a huge Daniel Bryan fan and I would mark the hell out the day he gets the strap, but the truth is is that it wouldn't make sense at this point. WWE ruined their chance to have Miz vs. Bryan at Extreme Rules. There is NOTHING WRONG with a midcard champion getting a title shot once in a great while and I know Bryan can look great in defeat. But if this was November/December, I would be all for it because not only would it make sense with their history but Bryan was defending the title on a good basis and was winning the majority of his matches. If they kept up his momentum, this would be the perfect time to pull the trigger.

John Morrison- I think the best way for Miz/Morrison to sell would be if Miz was the face and Morrison was the heel. It wouldn't be good to do it now but in the future I think it would be the best thing. Miz MAY play the heel better than he plays the face, we don't know; but I can't imagine his mic skills being shot to shit if he turns face. Morrison though, it's no contest. Morrison is much, MUCH better on the mic as a heel. Go watch his stuff from 2007/2008. Would I like to see Miz/Morrison at Extreme Rules? Yes. I think every now and then, it'd be good to have two up and comers battle it out for the title. Miz would have far more credibility if he walks out of Atlanta as champion and Morrison would be fresh and he is your third top face on RAW behind Cena and Orton (Or so it seems)

John Cena- this is the most likely matchup. While I'm not a fan of Cena and I don't ever want to see him with the title again, if he wins it at Extreme Rules, fine; but I would give any amount of money for Vince to have Del Rio win AND keep the belt on Miz for another month. We don't know how Miz will bounce back if he loses at Wrestlemania. If he wins though, everything to gain. If he loses, potentially everything to lose. Cena has nothing to gain or lose if he does a job at Wrestlemania.

Also, for the sake of title prestige, it would be a good thing if Miz kept the belt a little longer.

From September 2006 to November 2008, only three guys held the strap: John Cena with his year long reign, after the trading belt debacle at No Mercy 2007, Orton then held it all the way until Backlash 2008. You could argue Miz is in the same shoes Orton was three years ago and that Orton retaining at Wrestlemania did wonders for his career. HHH then held the title from April to November of 2008.

Since then though, NOBODY until The Miz right now has held the title for over 100 days. Think about that. Backlund, Hogan, Savage all had long term reigns in the 80s and likewise with the likes of Warrior, Yoko, Hart and Michaels in the 90s. WWE needs another longterm champion and to add prestige to the belt.

At first I wasn't warming up to The Miz; but once January came, I started to like it much more. He pinned Morrison clean to retain, he pinned Lawler clean to retain. He needed help to fend off Orton, but he still got much, MUCH better treatment than Sheamus or Swagger did in their first reigns. Aside from JBL, what did Punk do during his first reign? So while Miz's first reign could be better, it has been above your traditional first reign we have seen in WWE these last few years.

Randy Orton? *Yawn* Not again.

Cena is your face of the company and he may have more options; but Cena winning the title at Wrestlemania would only be a short term solution. Sometimes you have to think longterm and keeping the belt on Miz, even if it's only until Extreme Rules, would do just that.

I agree with Celtic. I think Miz has to win at Mania (maybe Rock is forced into ref duty after a ref bump and counts Cena out...setting up Cena/Rock either at SummerSlam or next year WM in Miami-Rock's hometown).

If Miz wins....rematch happens at the following PPV (Extreme Rules) and Miz somehow escapes with the belt (maybe Miz does the old school Flair and gets counted out or DQ'ed to maintain the title)...the next feud would either be with Morrison (who will probably win MITB at WM) and teases that Morrison is stalking Miz with that briefcase to now make Miz understand what it's liked to be hunted by the man who holds the briefcase)

I would love to see the miz defeat cena at wrestlemania but i cant see it happening . the way i would do it is have miz vs cena as the first main event and have miz win dirty then have del rio and edge as the main event with edge winning clean to keep the fans happy and it would be refreshing to see the royal rumble winner NOT winning the big one at wrestlemania I think the last person to win the rumble but not at wrestlemania was THE Rock wreslemania 2000
I would then have del rio win it at the next ppv but I would also have miz retain at the next ppv by having someone screw cena out of it dont know who but smeone who cena could feud with and let the miz move on hopefully to a feud with morrisson

I would love to see the miz defeat cena at wrestlemania but i cant see it happening . the way i would do it is have miz vs cena as the first main event and have miz win dirty then have del rio and edge as the main event with edge winning clean to keep the fans happy and it would be refreshing to see the royal rumble winner NOT winning the big one at wrestlemania I think the last person to win the rumble but not at wrestlemania was THE Rock wreslemania 2000
I would then have del rio win it at the next ppv but I would also have miz retain at the next ppv by having someone screw cena out of it dont know who but smeone who cena could feud with and let the miz move on hopefully to a feud with morrisson

Cena, Orton and Edge have all won the Rumble the last three years yet failed to win the title. Being the Del Rio mark as I am, I could live with him going another month without the strap. Personally I think it would suck if they spent all that time building up Del Rio and then have him lose But it's not like it's a sin for WWE to have two heel champions. They just recently had two with Miz and Kane and Miz and Ziggler although sadly it was only for like ten minutes; but if you want you could also have Taker/HHH close out the show as well so we could have Miz and Del Rio win but also Taker keeps the streak and puts on a classic. I would LOVE to see that scenario happen. As tempting as it is for WWE to put the belt on Cena again, don't give into it and do what's better for the long term.

I hope Miz wins at Wrestlemania. I don't think giving Cena the belt does anything for Cena, Miz or the WWE at this point.

After mania...

Miz: Should keep the belt maybe through Summer Slam and see who's on top or coming up on the faces at that point. Don't be too hasty to pick the next champ just yet.

Cena: Should use Rock interference to facilitate a heel turn. Please.

I hope Miz wins at Wrestlemania. I don't think giving Cena the belt does anything for Cena, Miz or the WWE at this point.

After mania...

Miz: Should keep the belt maybe through Summer Slam and see who's on top or coming up on the faces at that point. Don't be too hasty to pick the next champ just yet.

Cena: Should use Rock interference to facilitate a heel turn. Please.

I would love to see Cena turn heel. The only way I can see it happen is if he does it on Mysterio or Taker. If the Rock doesn't wanna wrestle, he doesn't wanna wrestle. So what is the next best thing after The Rock? The Undertaker. Cena going into Wrestlemania 28 against the Undertaker is probably your best chance to turn Cena heel and make it work.

The thought of Miz keeping the belt until Summerslam makes me a very happy man. And you're absolutely right that a win for Cena does nothing for Cena, certainly does nothing for Miz and definitely nothing for WWE, which is exactly what I have been stressing all of this time.

I really hope he gets involved with Morrison somehow, Morrison is constantly on the edge of main eventing, but always lacking, and Morrison v Miz has been an on going story for a few years now, Its gone from Tag team to Cross promotion, to US vs Intercontinental, to Bragging Rights, the only step left in the World title picture. Miz can Carry Jomos Promos, and Morrison can carry Miz's Match (or at least make it flashy).
The other elephant in the room is A-ri, Alex Riley could seek revenge for Miz putting his contract on the line. Obviously A-ri has no chance of wearing a world title in 2011, but it doesn't stop a feud happening, Although I see this scenario more likely if Miz drops the title to 5 moves.

Cena, Orton and Edge have all won the Rumble the last three years yet failed to win the title. Being the Del Rio mark as I am, I could live with him going another month without the strap. Personally I think it would suck if they spent all that time building up Del Rio and then have him lose But it's not like it's a sin for WWE to have two heel champions. They just recently had two with Miz and Kane and Miz and Ziggler although sadly it was only for like ten minutes; but if you want you could also have Taker/HHH close out the show as well so we could have Miz and Del Rio win but also Taker keeps the streak and puts on a classic. I would LOVE to see that scenario happen. As tempting as it is for WWE to put the belt on Cena again, don't give into it and do what's better for the long term.

The only way i could see a Cena win that makes any sort of sense would be if they pulled a WM13 style double turn.

So Cena is Bret, Miz is Austin and The Rock plays, well, Ken Shamrock. :p

I think we should reverse the title of this thread to "If Cena beats the Miz, what's next?", because honestly, the Miz's reign is much more fresh and interesting than anything Cena will ever do for the rest of his career short of feuding with the Undertaker. Cena has wrestled everyone. Feuded with everyone. Buried everyone. The original Nexus was formed so it could be fed to Cena because they couldn't think of anything. I mean, if Cena were to win, we'd get to see him against Orton, or him against Miz, or him against Sheamus, or some other lame pairing we've already seen before.

The Miz winning on the other hand, would be interesting. People can diss his wrestling skills all they want, it doesn't change the fact that he's making the WWE title more interesting. Already we've seen Jerry Lawler and John Morrison get title shots, two guys Vince would NEVER have put in a title match before. The possibilities are endless for him. He could enter another feud with Morrison, or have a feud for the title with DBD (Who obviously won't win, but it will be a start), or even fight over the title with a recently drafted Kofi Kingston. You never know.

Well he wont win cleanly because that would just be stupid of the wwe to have the miz win cleanly. i think he will walk out champ, but it will be through cheating, probably involving alex riley, but possibly the rock as well. this would set up the rematch at extreme rules where cena will probably win and the miz can finally stop making raw seem like a third rate show by being its champion.

Cena has wrestled everyone. Feuded with everyone. Buried everyone.

Buried everyone? Really?
Edge was formed as a true main event after his feud with John cena in 2006.
Randy Orton was pushed to the main event, after his feud with John cena in 2007.
Wade Barret, along with Nexus, were made a big deal after their attack on John cena.
The miz become someone to look at after his "Miz 4-0 Cena" promos and his feud with him

John cena has been MAKING every main eventer as of late except for del rio and the old schools, so don't tell us "he's buried everyone" when he clearly hasnt

The guy who pointed out Cena MADE STARS is right on the money. How about the Undertaker, why does he get a pass for always winning. Maybe You would realize that when you have characters like Cena or Taker, larger than life personas, they shouldnt just roll over and job to anybody, only those who are amongst the best and deserve/need it most. By looking so unstoppable it actually looks like a big deal to beat them. So you have instant mega cred when you do so. Just fueding with names like these your stock value automatically goes up. You think anybody feels like they're on top of world, when they beat Kane or Mysterio, who put guys over all time ?

Trust me, I dont want Cena in the title picture as often as he is, but he shouldnt job as often you want him too, only when he really needs to. Atleast Cena always delivers pretty good matches so I dont mind him being champ every once in a while. Anyways, Cena is the top dog, he has made guys stars. A lot of them, like Barrett were nobodies and would be a no-name without Cena's help. If a star gets lost in the mix after the feud, thats either because they werent good enough in the creatives eyes or they just dont know what to do with them. Im pretty sure if it wasnt for Cena, Miz probably would have been eventually released in 2009. That feud turned him into a somebody over night. I dont know why, WWE thought he was something special after that. I thought the feud was good too but Miz aint done anything that made me thinking he was 'awesome' since that. He sure as hell a hasnt had enough good matches or feuds that make me want to reward him by continuing his mediocre reign.

Again nobody has laid out month by month who he can face. How can he face Cena if Rock is going to be involved with him. By default Miz will only win if Rock screws Cena over, so Cena has to put full attention on rock, leaving the door for someone else. I dont see Morrison in there. Unless a draft happens there arent enough fresh faces to get into the title seen. So eventually you'll see the same guys pop back in. If anything Punk will get the strap next. Is WWE building up this persona for nothing ? He and Cena need to fight on ppv. They should be headlining mania, anyway. No matter how long Miz holds it, he is still going to end up droping it to Orton or Cena, so you are just delaying the envitable. HHH sure as hell wouldnt job to this loser.

Either way, we will probably see the Miz vs. Orton feud over again.
Except this time it will be Cena...... :banghead:
Which would ultimately lead to John Cena winning the title for what feels like the 12th time.
I personally will be crossing my fingers for a Miz vs. DB or Morrision feud.
Anyone but Cena or Orton again....

Buried everyone? Really?
Edge was formed as a true main event after his feud with John cena in 2006.
Randy Orton was pushed to the main event, after his feud with John cena in 2007.
Wade Barret, along with Nexus, were made a big deal after their attack on John cena.
The miz become someone to look at after his "Miz 4-0 Cena" promos and his feud with him

John cena has been MAKING every main eventer as of late except for del rio and the old schools, so don't tell us "he's buried everyone" when he clearly hasnt

Edge ended up losing to Cena, which ended in Cena having the title.
Same for Orton.
Wade Barret ultimately jobbed to Cena and was sent to SmackDown, where he is feuding with the Big Show, a man who has a tendency to be booked to walk over everything.
The Miz went on to get squashed by Cena several times, and was ultimately fired, coming back with a new attitude. The Miz made the Miz what he is today, not John Cena. On another note, all of Miz's promos against Cena were all single sided anyways.

Give me one person who has actually come out on top in a John Cena feud. If it's some time before 2007 I wasn't even watching (Raw, at least) and at this point don't care.

Honestly I am not the least bit impressed with the Miz i have never liked him. He can cut an ok promo but i am tired of hearing about how Awesome he is. I can however see him retaining aw WM to help make him a bigger star however it will come at the hands of Cole or the Rock at which point will set up Cena/Rock. I personally would love to see Cena in the angry role he sort of hinted at with the Nexus feud it was a slightly more edgy Cena than the superman role he is in right now.

Miz's win would also allow him to compete with other top people instead of just Cena and Orton.

Now I think it would be interesting to see Cena win the Rock beat him up and the MITB winner to cash in right away and win the title. Thus creating a feud right away for Miz to try and reclaim the title and the Rock/Cena matchup.

Edge ended up losing to Cena, which ended in Cena having the title.
Same for Orton.
Wade Barret ultimately jobbed to Cena and was sent to SmackDown, where he is feuding with the Big Show, a man who has a tendency to be booked to walk over everything.
The Miz went on to get squashed by Cena several times, and was ultimately fired, coming back with a new attitude. The Miz made the Miz what he is today, not John Cena. On another note, all of Miz's promos against Cena were all single sided anyways.

Give me one person who has actually come out on top in a John Cena feud. If it's some time before 2007 I wasn't even watching (Raw, at least) and at this point don't care.

You're an idiot, dude. Just cause Cena EVENTUALLY won all of those feuds doesn't mean he buried those guys. You don't even know what "bury" actually means in terms of wrestling, do you?

Cena is the good guy. The face of the company. Whenever he faces someone, it is usually good vs evil. Evil (Orton, Edge, Nexus, Miz) can sometimes get a bunch of victories early on in the feud, but let's face it, in the WWE and this business (usually) in general, good always triumphs over evil. Just cuz you're some jaded schmuck whose nipples still get hard over the Attitude and you hate Cena, that doesn't mean you can just talk out of your a$$ and say that Cena buries people all the time.
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

(even though he wont becasue Vince has a frigging man crush on Cena)

It has been said that Vince also has a giant man crush on Miz.

There is a reason that the Main Event/Main Title match usually has a face winning at Mania. The biggest reason is, Mania is the biggest stage and wrestling is all about the good guys beating the bad. That is why the good usually (and most of the time should) win at Mania because that is THE show where the good finally overcome the evil. It will be interesting to see where Miz goes, even if he loses. He will have at least one more match with Cena and after that he can't go back to Orton yet, Morrison maybe but I think they should cool off on Miz/Morrison for a few more months and I really can't think of anyone else. HHH maybe but who knows if he is sticking around or not. I want The Miz to win but I wont be upset/mad/complain if Cena does. If it wasn't Mania time, I would say let Miz get a cheap win but since it is Mania I will understand if Cena wins.

PS - Go tell The Brain about how HHH buries people. He will set you damn straight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back