One Thing That The WWE Needs?

Wullief23

Occasional Pre-Show
There have been many threads on the forum regarding the state of WWE nowadays. Whether you love it or hate there is one agreement everyone must have - it can be improved.
So my question is: Which ONE thing would you change/add/do/remove to improve WWE? Any realistic idea you have which you feel would improve the product. Let's face it , everone will have some sort of idea.

Ok to start, My one thing would be: Bring Back Kurt Angle!
The guy is Awsome.Don't think there is many out there who'll disagree with me on that one. He's getting on a bit but still one of, if not the, best wrestler out there.
His contract is up with TNA in August and i believe WWE should pull out all stops to get him back on board - and i also think he would jump back on board, IF the right offer was on the table.
He would have to have a limited date contract, due to his age, injuries and he left due to being on the road a lot. But WWE offered Jeff Hardy this sort of contract before he jumped to TNA , so why not Kurt.
Kurt is a guy who can work a decent match with anyone, and there are plenty of possible oponents there for Kurt, Some he has faced before, but would be great to see again. And some he has never faced!

So WWE......BRING BACK KURT ANGLE.

That's my opinion guys. What would you change?

I changed the title of your thread so that it looks better. We don't really like thread titles that are fully capitalised. I hope you don't mind.

So WWE......BRING BACK KURT ANGLE.

That is a great idea and if it happened, the IWC would talk of the day that Dave exploded due to the most intense mark out in history.

For me, Kurt Angle is probably the closest thing to a complete professional wrestler and even now, in his twilight wrestling years, he is still one of the best people to lace up his boots every week. His mic work and wrestling skills would always be welcomed back in the WWE and if he did ever return to the WWE, I have no doubt that he would not go the same way as Christian did. Rather, I think he would go right back into the main event scene and I would eat that shit up.

That's my opinion guys. What would you change?

One thing that I think the WWE needs is equality between the two main shows. If I had my way, that is what I would change in a heartbeat. I would take it off that shitty network it is with and I would put it on a really stable network like USA (which I think is happening anyway, right?). Actually, I think it is SyFy. Either way, a move is the best thing for Smackdown.

By moving Smackdown to a stable network, hopefully Vince will have a little more faith in the second show and the divide that seems to exist within the two shows will be gone. Drafts will actually be worthwhile and more unpredictable. No longer will we have to put up with the channelling of all the good talent to Raw whilst Smackdown looks like the neglected ugly sister who only appears on Friday nights. Main event talent will be more inclined to go to Smackdown and we wont have to deal with people labelling it as the “B-show”.

That would be my wish anyway and I feel that it would only be good for the WWE in the long run.

If I had to choose ONE thing out of the many that instantly popped into my mind, I think I would re-unify the two world titles into one. I want a single champion, not the champion of each show, which is what they are now. Essentially, the World Heavyweight title is simply the Smackdown belt, and the WWE title is the RAW belt. There needs to be a single World champion that has to defend on both shows.

If i had to choose one thing in the WWE i would put the two tag team titles and i would make them into one instead of having two. I think it would look better to make them into one to show that they are really unified together. There absolutely should only be one title in my opinion it would make more sense to just have one tag team title instead of carrying the World tag team title and the WWE tag team title.

So in my own opinion the only thing i would change in the WWE is bonding the two tag team championships and making them into one to prove that they are unified.

If i had to choose one thing in the WWE i would put the two tag team titles and i would make them into one instead of having two. I think it would look better to make them into one to show that they are really unified together. There absolutely should only be one title in my opinion it would make more sense to just have one tag team title instead of carrying the World tag team title and the WWE tag team title.

So in my own opinion the only thing i would change in the WWE is bonding the two tag team championships and making them into one to prove that they are unified.

This right here. I whole heartedly agree with Rolling Thunder. I really do not get the fact that over a year of being unified, the tag team titles are still the same two sets of belts being carried around. Why unify them if they are still two separate sets of belts?

To me that makes no sense, the damn titles got unified yet are separate sets. With that in mind couldn't one or the other still get defended? What is prohibiting the unified tag champs from deciding to just putting one of two up for grabs? Since there is two different titles they are holding.

I think it's dumb and they really need to create one new design for one set that will be known as the unified tag team titles. Having the unified tag titles be just a team carrying around the two sets that originally got unified is just ridiculous. Eventually the WWE and WCW titles got unified and had an new belt design to show for it. Why can't the unified tag team titles do the same.

Once thing that I would change, is to let the wrestlers do some more wrestling in the ring instead of limiting them.

A lot of these wrestlers such as Santino can do so much in the ring but because of his gimmick, WWE decides to limit him.

I think wrestlers deserve to prove themselves that they can wrestle in the ring and prove that they have a right to be there.

First off, love the Kurt Angle idea. Can you imagine his TNA contract running up, resigning with WWE, and debuting on Smackdown to confront Jack Swagger about infringing on his gimmick? That would actually make for a hell of a feud.

This is really simple to me though. Make it TV-14 again. I'm not saying create another attitude era, but at least leave margin for certain things to occur. Blood brought in the ratings, and it could still be used in this format. They just can't over do it like TNA has the bad habit of doing every now and again. They could also stop calling their fans the WWE Universe, as that has really begun to bug me. "What does the WWE Universe think?" That's like talking to yourself in third person. But anyway I say make it TV-14 again so we don't have problems like the Daniel Bryan Incident going on. There would be less rules for the wrestlers to worry about, and they can still put on an effective product that way.

What the E needs more than anything is (for lack of a better word) some attitude. The TV-PG is bringing in a lot of younger viewers, but slowly killing off their older audiences. I want a "shit" or a "bitch" to be dropped occasionally, it gives the show a more realistic feeling. I want to see a first blood match every now and then.

Look at Rock and Austin. They got where they are from their mic skills, and their mic skills were so good because they didn't have to dance around dropping a four letter word every now and then. This is why Cena/Miz/Batista/ect. will never reach the level of Austin or Rock. They are not free to be themselves and let words fly willingly

My idea is somewhat similar to Dave but with more added on. They definitely need to put Smackdown on a credible channel which is why I'm glad they are moving to SyFy this fall but I would also move Superstars to somewhere like MyNetwork TV and turn into what WWECW was before a show to help get over new talent and give relevance to older veterans. I think this would help get much needed face time on guys that are on the main show that aren't now b/c the rosters are too big imo. I would also try to put an emphasis on the tag division on the show.

The one thing that needs to be changed is the number of PPVs the WWE holds each year. I would tone it down to 5 big PPVs a year and have smaller lower priced PPVs in between. They could be smaller scaled shows like they used to do with the early IYH events. You coud have the main event be something like a tag team match featuring superstars from two or three different feuds instead of having blow-off matches at every PPV so when the big show came it would feel more special and anticipated.

One thing that WWE needs is maybe an extra hour on each show. The WWE simply does not have enough time to focus on the tag team, mid card and world titles in 2 short hours. NXT feels rushed and can't give all the rookies enough screen time. if the WWE added an hour to each show they would have more time to develop more feuds in the mid card and tag team division. and the main events might be able to feel like there PPV quality and not just a quick match to please the fans.

Ok, I've seen some talks of unifying titles, but that would guarantee a brand reunification all together. The reason behind the two separate titles is that their basically waiting for the tag team division to get back into shape on both shows, then they can re-split the titles. Two world champs gives each show a reason to have solid main events. We WANT both shows to have something legitimate to fight for. One champ would create a monsterous cluster-fuck.

Look at Rock and Austin. They got where they are from their mic skills, and their mic skills were so good because they didn't have to dance around dropping a four letter word every now and then. This is why Cena/Miz/Batista/ect. will never reach the level of Austin or Rock. They are not free to be themselves and let words fly willingly

This is quite possibly the single dumbest thing I have ever read on a wrestling board. They won't reach Austin level because they can't say a few four letter words? :lmao:

I agree with the lesser amounts of pay per views. There are way too many right now. Six a year would suffice. But, the reason why it won't work is because they have more than one show per week. If they were to split up the pay per views by brand again, it could work. Long slow buildups are what is needed in my opinion. Things have been happening way too fast for my liking and it gets redundant having the same people wrestle over and over again on pay per views.

Ok, I've seen some talks of unifying titles, but that would guarantee a brand reunification all together. The reason behind the two separate titles is that their basically waiting for the tag team division to get back into shape on both shows, then they can re-split the titles. Two world champs gives each show a reason to have solid main events. We WANT both shows to have something legitimate to fight for. One champ would create a monsterous cluster-fuck.

No they unified the titles because of the lack of teams in the WWE, besides the WWE didn't need to separate sets of tag team titles anyway. So I like many others was glad when they "unified" them. But really all they have done is carry around both sets and not make a new belt for the unification. How is that a good thing and people like myself who want a new design for one set of tag titles a bad thing? Having this would eliminate the ridiculousness of having to carry four belts down to the ring. Why not a mere two like it normally was? They need to give this unification a new design of two belts. Not carrying around the same two sets that got "unified". Also the tag team champions have the right to appear on both brands to defend the titles as well so your argument there is invalid. They unified them due to the lack of teams these days and that is how it's going to be for a while. They need a new set design and that is all.

I think improving Smackdown would be the best idea. I remember at times Smackdown was much more exciting than Raw, good storylines and bookings, great wrestling matches... I think it was the time after early 2008; when Taker, Batista, Edge were always WH title contenders. And there always have been great midcarders like MVP, Mysterio, Jeff, Matt, Punk... Even HHH was there at one stage. I hope Smackdown will pick up to that level again.
With Unifiying tag team titles, or making them one set, is not a bad idea, but the only reason its unify at the moment is because there isn't enough tag teams in both brands. How many tag teams do you know in todays WWE roster? I assume they will create more tag teams in the near future and thats why they are still holding it as two separate belt sets.
Also bringing "attitude era" back could be a great idea, but not necessarily with all the swearing and blood. Actually in contrast to common belief, at the peak of Attitude era in 98 and 99, there wasn't blood in every second show. Sure there was swearing but their swearings were not reason that era was fun. As good old JR said, a bad booking is a bad booking, a lame storyline is a lame storyline, regardless if its PG or not. We never had the same storylines, same excitement, and same stars after that era.

For me, the one thing I would change is the creativeness of the characters. Like look at what Stone Cold was able to accomplish because he was able to be himself, even though that really started in ECW (at least in his case). But I wish the wrestlers were allowed to be more like that, and come across more natural.

for me its no more brand split it allows storylines to develop faster and there would be much more variety in the fueds department also if theres only one wwe world title it adds more prestige and whoever holds it truly is the face of the company rather then the face of the brand also it would make it easier for the casual fan to keep up with the storylines in my opinion

To get rid of the OVER RATED "Superstar" THE MIZ...I'll most likely be spammed for this but I Just cannot take him serious as a main eventer.If you can show me ONE match that is worth MAIN event material,then I'll change my mind.Untill then I REFUSE to watch RAW untill he loses the Briefcase or cashes it in and loses.Kane,man that was the first time in a LONG time I marked out during a PPV,they need to keep the strap on him for atleast 4-6 months,maybe lose it to taker at Wrestlemania 27.Another thing the WWE needs is to further story lines more on television.The bookers tend to get lazy after wrestlemania,throwing cena the bone just to keep the kids watching.ALSO,they need to scrap the idea of CENA or HHH being the leader of Nextus..that would RUIN the angle in my opinion,especially if CENA is the leader.

What I would like to see would be the United States title and The Intercontinental title be more prestigious. I would like to see the titles be more recognized and defended. Smackdown is doing good with The IC belt right now but The Miz needs to defend it. I like The Miz so I'd like to see the title built up, opposed to seeming like the million dollar championship! YODEL

I'm giving you rep for this awesome thread. Anyway there are a few things. I dream of a Cena heel turn but changing just 1 thing probably wouldn't be that. It'd have to be a bigger deal and contribution to the show. I'd go back to PG-14. Now I'm not asking for a new attitude era. But pretending WWE wrestlers live in tra la la la la world doesn't work. A little more blood. Key word being a little, and a little more cursing. Again little. I mean I don't know about you, but I'm not buying that you get hit with a chair and respond by saying "I'll never back down" blah blah blah. No your response will be "What the fuck did you just do?" and you will probably punch the person that did it or hit them with a chair.

I'm personally not a fan of the whole split-roster approach and think they should go back to 3-hour RAW shows to accommodate a combo roster.

I also think that...in the dates of the IWC...it's stupid to tape 'Smackdown' on Tuesday and then wait 3 days til Friday to show it. IF they're gonna continue with Tues. tapings, then at least air 'Smackdown' on Wednesday instead of Friday. I literally have not watched a 'Smackdown' in years because of the **SPOILERS** the IWC provides.

So combo the rosters and try to show 'Smackdown' live are my recommendations. 'Combo the Rosters' takes care of the whole asinine 2-World-Titles and 2-Tag-Team-Title nonsense, as others have pointed out needs to go and I agree.

If I were to change anything at all, I would agree with Dave as well and add equality to the shows. Raw has a great timeslot on a VERY stable and well known network. Smackdown going to SyFy is a great start because not alot of people get MyNetworkTv( I work for DirecTV and literally like 40% of the areas I see have that channel available and my local cable company makes you get a digital reciever to recieve that channel.) SyFy is available on like 99% of basic cable packages/as well as on all satellite providers. It will instantly increase their fanbase. I would also like them to change their day/time lineup and make it like this
Monday: Raw 9-11pm
Tuesday: NXT 9-10pm(I hate the fact it is on at 10pm now as it is a bad timeslot to get the crowd they would like to have for it)
Wednesday:Superstars 8/9-9/10(but move it to MyNetworkTv for something because I would watch it if I could get the channel it is on currently)
Thursday 8-10pm Smackdown( gotta move it to Thursdays, not to compete with Impact but because Friday is an AWFUL day for programming. Thats why no smart networks put their shows new episodes on Friday
Friday: Nothing
Saturday: Use the HDNet channel to show recaps of all 4 shows. They do Raw/NXT now but they should include the other 2, or at least Smackdown.

By doing that, it would give them maximum exposure to their fans

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back