Old School Raw 2011

Would you like to see another Old School Raw in 2011?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Why not. I really enjoyed the revised, old school intro video and the old set. Seeing all of the legends was nice, though we already see many of them multiple times throughout the year. However, seeing Slick and George Steele back was awesome. It would be cool to see some of the more obscure legends return on shows like these or to even see some of the old gimmicks from the Attitude era. I mean Sexual Chocolate had an appearance, why not see Too Cool do their dance next year? I would mark the fuck out for that. So yeah, I would very much enjoy seeing another throwback Raw.

The show was great especially the always classic Iron Sheik. Without Iron Sheik no Hulkamania. They cut his mic way too soon because he loves to hate on Hogan.

They need to have another one next year for sure. I would change it by having the legends get a couple of wins. I know they wanted to promote the superstars of today but come on, no one will remember one match that was missed. We also needed more legends, and a few shockers. As for next year lets have someone show up that truly is a legend in the sport as a suprise. While it was nice to see all of the "old School" wrestlers (a treat for someone who has been a fan for 27 years) I would have liked a swerve where Piper locked the sleeper on Barret or Cena after the A.A. Now THAT would have been the Piper from the 80's.

How about having Kevin Nash show up? He's not doing anything right now. Next year.... What about STING, a big time legend???

I really enjoyed OSR. Everything about it was great, from the 'tron, to the ring ropes, everything was perfect. This showed the WWE was committed to this show, not half assing it like we've seen with other special shows. So if they decided to go with another one, I would be all for it. As long as they continue to treat this as a real show, and get involved with it I have no problems with another one.

What I am not sure about is having it as an annual event. Would the WWE continue to treat it as a special show? Would they continue to invest in it? I loved it for what it was, but I don't know if I would mark out as much if this happened every year. Of course, maybe if they continually change how old school they go, then it might possibly work. If next year they went Attitude Era, then the year after that did another year, I might be ok with that.

As mentioned a couple of times in this thread, they utilized the WWF logo - however, they did not need the World Wildlife Fund's permission for this or pay them any money. In the final settlement - the WWE was deemed fully entitled to use the what they call now the "Legend" WWF logo likeness at any time, but not the Attitude Era scratch WWF logo - which remains blacked out on all attitude era dvd releases.

Yeah, which is why they can't really do a realistic Attitude Era special, because if they do, they can't use the scratch logo.

The show was great especially the always classic Iron Sheik. Without Iron Sheik no Hulkamania. They cut his mic way too soon because he loves to hate on Hogan.

They need to have another one next year for sure. I would change it by having the legends get a couple of wins. I know they wanted to promote the superstars of today but come on, no one will remember one match that was missed. We also needed more legends, and a few shockers. As for next year lets have someone show up that truly is a legend in the sport as a suprise. While it was nice to see all of the "old School" wrestlers (a treat for someone who has been a fan for 27 years) I would have liked a swerve where Piper locked the sleeper on Barret or Cena after the A.A. Now THAT would have been the Piper from the 80's.

How about having Kevin Nash show up? He's not doing anything right now. Next year.... What about STING, a big time legend???

Sting is never gonna show up in a WWE ring ever....we can forget that pipe dream and Nash not someone who bg time legend. Why not HBK show up with his old skool attire and call it a night or have a match putting over a young superstar.

I've read that WWE was pleased with the show and the ratings so they will probably bring it back next year. I would much rather see an old school 3 hour episode of Raw over a viewer's choice or Slammy episode any day of the week. I think there will be a 3 hour Slammy Awards edition of Raw within the next month, but I could care less if we never see the slammy awards or the viewer's choice shows on Raw ever again. Especially considering how horrible the last few episodes were.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back