Here are my workings:

+ Kenny Omega's hair
+ Kazuchika Okada's jacket
+ Okada's second jacket
+ Kenny working Okada's leg in creative ways
- Okada not selling the leg for the entire match
+ Near falls coming from things that aren't finishers
- A conspicuous amount of near falls
+ Everybody involved selling how conspicuous it is, including Cody Rhodes attempting to throw in the towel for Kenny after he takes like fifteen rainmakers
+ Kenny Omega defiantly wiping himself down with said towel
+ Kenny Omega's freakish strength
+ Kenny Omega's freakish agility
- Too many stiff strikes
+ Strong style
+ The continued story that Kenny would win if only he could hit the one winged angel, which he does finally hit, but Okada is saved by the ropes
+ Nobody uses the phrase "[BLANK] must be wondering, "What do I have to do to keep [BLANK] down?""
- They probably said it, only in Japanese
+ The rainmaker zoomout
- There are like fifty dudes in Bullet Club
+ The crowd going apeshit when it's announced how much time is left
+ Kenny Omega's hair

Edit:

I nearly forgot:

+ The bit where Kenny yells, "You! Can't! Escape!"

Eleven stars.

8.333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333

Why must you do those ludicrous quarter stars?

Well see Meltzer uses quarter stars and anything different, including those letter grades that no one understands, is just trying to upstage him and rebel against how things work and how they should work (real criticism someone made of me once).

Maybe you should go to a max of 2 thumbs up, that way you can use more impressive decimals.

Or better yet, switch to hex and really throw people off. 0 to F.

Please, that match pales to the legendary wars The Undertaker and Giant Gonzalez had. They were so good, they made Dave Meltzer cry tears of joy the first time he watched them.

Well see Meltzer uses quarter stars and anything different, including those letter grades that no one understands, is just trying to upstage him and rebel against how things work and how they should work (real criticism someone made of me once).

I like your letter grading, at least i don't have to count punctuation with your grading. Was that criticism re: your NJPW reviews or just in general?
I mean, you have some really stupid criticisms of japanese wrestling and are overwhelmingly biased at times against TNA but your letter reviews are great and i generally agree with them.

+ How fucking cool is the fact that one guy is called Omega? Seriously his real name is Tyson Smith.

Tyson Smith is a pretty great name too tbh.

I like your letter grading, at least i don't have to count punctuation with your grading. Was that criticism re: your NJPW reviews or just in general?
I mean, you have some really stupid criticisms of japanese wrestling and are overwhelmingly biased at times against TNA but your letter reviews are great and i generally agree with them.

I'm biased against stupid wrestling, not just TNA.

And which stupid criticisms would these be?

This match stunk, their first match stunk, nerds pretend to like this crap because they're supposed to and they think it makes them different. Meltzer blows these matches because hardly anyone subscribes to his rag anymore, and he has to keep as many people as he can on. The best way for him to do this is to attract the vocal minority who are "free and different thinkers" just like the rest of them.

Meltzer ruined pro wrestling. Thanks, you buff jerk.

This match stunk, their first match stunk, nerds pretend to like this crap because they're supposed to and they think it makes them different. Meltzer blows these matches because hardly anyone subscribes to his rag anymore, and he has to keep as many people as he can on. The best way for him to do this is to attract the vocal minority who are "free and different thinkers" just like the rest of them.

Meltzer ruined pro wrestling. Thanks, you buff jerk.
So in nutshell, if you don't like it then it's surely bad and anyone who does like it just likes to be different?

So in nutshell, if you don't like it then it's surely bad and anyone who does like it just likes to be different?

Anyone that thinks it's a masterpiece or anything like that, but only after they're sure Five Star Dave thought it was, totally is. People who just liked it because they liked it are fine.

Anyone that thinks it's a masterpiece or anything like that, but only after they're sure Five Star Dave thought it was, totally is. People who just liked it because they liked it are fine.
Now that's what I can agree with. Thanks for telling that I'm fine.

Hey dumbass, there's literally business classes about people following other people opinions. You follow it too, don't try to be better than anyone with your hypocrite posts.

KB doesn't follow New Japan, he doesn't care for the presentation or the wrestlers. I do. He's not right for not liking something and I'm not wrong for liking it too. It's not illegal to like japanese wrestling. I feel like I'm talking to a 5 year old and it's way too late for that.

Hey dumbass, there's literally business classes about people following other people opinions. You follow it too, don't try to be better than anyone with your hypocrite posts.

KB doesn't follow New Japan, he doesn't care for the presentation or the wrestlers. I do. He's not right for not liking something and I'm not wrong for liking it too. It's not illegal to like japanese wrestling. I feel like I'm talking to a 5 year old and it's way too late for that.

If more wrestling fans got this, my life would be a lot easier. Though I do like it in certain doses.

I'm so glad both matches have got such a positive reception. I was there live watching WK11 and it will probably be the greatest match I will ever see in person (you can bet your ass I'll be at 12 though!)

On the train home I wondered if anyone outside of the New Japan fans would really care about it.

I really didn't think the second match would come close but it is at least equal to the first, despite being completely different. Both of them are absolutely MOTY's!

I would have thought it a better match if not for Meltzer giving it 200 stars & causing me to be severely disappointed.

I like Omega more now though. Still fucking hate Okada's shitty clothesline.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back