[OFFICIAL] Ultimate Warrior HQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
If your going to throw your support behind an unstoppable monster then it might as well be the Ultimate unstoppable monster.

Goldberg and Lesnar are just pretenders.

Vote Warrior.

Warrior was shit, plain and simple, how the fuck anyone could support that ignorant homophobic jackass, let alone one who wrestled some of the most piss poor matches I have ever seen is beyond me, he never even had a passion for the business he was just there for a quick pay day, fuck the Ultimate Piece Of Shit, guy was nothing more than an untalented fucking hack IHMO

Yeah, a guy that was the epitome of charisma, a guy that had several classic matches. The fans cared about him, people simply loved him. He was big, he could have been bigger. But no, he was shit :rolleyes:

Ultimate Warrior 1
Randy Borton- O

There really is real hatred for Warrior out there.

I blame that damn DVD, trying to sabotage his chances in the tournament.

Warrior is a jerk in real life, but I liek the character of the Ultimate Warrior, no matter how much of a dick Jim Hellwig is.

You lot did a great job getting Warrior through his Orton match. It was a good contest, but I can't see problems for Warrior in the region now. Gimmick will help Foley but I'd expect Warrior to go quite far.

Thankyou Pebble, but I think you should be concentrating on getting The Rock through whatever his next challenge is.

Sure, thats why he wrestles in matches that go beyond half an hour.

When it's tommorow and I am soberer you shall feel my wrath phillistine. Well, maybe not.

OVER 30 MINUTES???????? My brain hurts from trying to think about the last time Warrior was in a match for over 15.

OK.......Lets start at the beginning. I'd say that Warriors prime was 1989-1991 or 1992. Agreed? OK....now, lets look at the amount of actual wrestling that took place during those matches (not a rant against his lack of wrestling ability just a general statement) compared to matches that take place in....IDK, lets say 1998. Notice a difference?? Me too.

So.......Warrior's music hits and he comes running down the ramp as fast as his steroid fueled legs can carry him, runs around the ring, gets in the ring and does his little rope shaking shtick. He's already out of breath. Now lets say that he's up against ANY wrestler who's prime was anywhere from 1998-present. Given the fact that the quality, speed and overall athleticism of matches has INCREASED over time, there's no way Warrior will be able to keep up.

Outcome?? Well lets just say I hope Warrior sold a hell of a lot of T-shirts because, the only gold he's leaving with are the pennies in his pocket.

NOTE: I understand that pennies are not ACTUALLY made of gold for those of you who have nothing to refute my argument with and are just looking for something to say.

I assume you're backing RVD - a mere fly that the Warrior will swat out of the sky on the way to winning the WZ Tournament - or at least till he gets to Goldberg.

HAHAHA......what is that old saying about assuming?? Oh yes....don't assume.....it makes an ass out of you and me. Of course I'm backing RVD, but what that has to do with the price of tea in China, I'll never know. No.....I was actually having a heated debate with Miko about Lesnar and Warrior and we brought it over to this thread because it became more about Warrior than Lesnar. Go to the Lesnar thread and read if you're interested. I'm not trying to put RVD over Warrior. Quite frankly, I don't think he needs my help in that matter :lol:

I'm just merely pointing out Warriors flaws to those that are too blinded by his aura. Warrior is no where NEAR as great as people make him out to be.

This is a long post, I'll have to quote it or I'll forget things.

OVER 30 MINUTES???????? My brain hurts from trying to think about the last time Warrior was in a match for over 15.

Exactly, Warrior got the job done with time to spare.

OK.......Lets start at the beginning. I'd say that Warriors prime was 1989-1991 or 1992. Agreed? OK....now, lets look at the amount of actual wrestling that took place during those matches (not a rant against his lack of wrestling ability just a general statement) compared to matches that take place in....IDK, lets say 1998. Notice a difference?? Me too.

I fail to see what difference that makes in a match with a pre-dertemined outcome. However if we do go down the non-kayfabe route then Warrior's conditioning will hold out, after all, I've still yet to see any evidence of Warrior tiring himself out.

So.......Warrior's music hits and he comes running down the ramp as fast as his steroid fueled legs can carry him, runs around the ring, gets in the ring and does his little rope shaking shtick. He's already out of breath.

Here's that conditioning thing again, just saying he never looks tired, pumped but not tired.

Now lets say that he's up against ANY wrestler who's prime was anywhere from 1998-present. Given the fact that the quality, speed and overall athleticism of matches has INCREASED over time, there's no way Warrior will be able to keep up.

I dont know, old man Hogan went toe to toe with The Rock and beat Randy Orton. I think it's fair to say that old man Hogan is far less conditioned than Warrior.

Outcome?? Well lets just say I hope Warrior sold a hell of a lot of T-shirts because, the only gold he's leaving with are the pennies in his pocket.

Dont be silly, he'd have demanded a huge contract or threatened not to show up.

I'm not trying to put RVD over Warrior. Quite frankly, I don't think he needs my help in that matter

He's going to need someone's help, and that someone will need a gun.

This is a long post, I'll have to quote it or I'll forget things.
Your lack of memory may be the reason that you remember Warrior as a beast instead of the hack that he really was

Exactly, Warrior got the job done with time to spare.
In today's day and age, that wouldn't fly.

I fail to see what difference that makes in a match with a pre-dertemined outcome. However if we do go down the non-kayfabe route then Warrior's conditioning will hold out, after all, I've still yet to see any evidence of Warrior tiring himself out.
I think you mean, if we go down the kayfabe route....not non-kayfabe. And it has been said in multiple interivews that by the time he got to the ring, he was already blown up. I'll find them and post them, but I'm at work right now and I can't :sweat:

Here's that conditioning thing again, just saying he never looks tired, pumped but not tired.
And Michael Jackson doesn't look black.......what is your point?

I dont know, old man Hogan went toe to toe with The Rock and beat Randy Orton. I think it's fair to say that old man Hogan is far less conditioned than Warrior.
The Rock doesn't wrestle, he entertains. As for Randy Orton, Hogan didn't face him when he was in his prime. I think the Orton of today would punt hogan back to the 80's. If either Hogan or Warrior should face somebody like Angle or even Lesnar, it would be over quicker than a Jamie Noble match.

Dont be silly, he'd have demanded a huge contract or threatened not to show up.
And Vince McMahon would have told him :fuckoff:

He's going to need someone's help, and that someone will need a gun.
RVD is too quick for Warrior. He would tire him out, hit a Chuck Norris roundhouse kick and 5-Star Frog Splash the hell out of Warrior

Your lack of memory may be the reason that you remember Warrior as a beast instead of the hack that he really was

We'll see.

In today's day and age, that wouldn't fly.

Beating your opponents in under the 15 minute mark has no bearing in todays day and age?

I think you mean, if we go down the kayfabe route....not non-kayfabe.

Yeah, thats the one.

And it has been said in multiple interivews that by the time he got to the ring, he was already blown up. I'll find them and post them, but I'm at work right now and I can't :sweat:

So a bunch of guys who've been told to bash Warrior say that? Thats fine, doesnt change the fact that if you watch Warrior he's still running about at the end of matches the same way he runs down to the ring. His conditioning cant have been that awful.

And Michael Jackson doesn't look black.......what is your point?

Racist.

I am just saying that he show's no signs of fatigue from running down to the ring, which could well mean that he didnt tire himself out.

The Rock doesn't wrestle, he entertains.

Oh god, you think there is a difference? All Pro-Wrestling is entertainment, The Rock "wrestled" as much as anyone else on the roster. -EDIT- Actually, he did it better than most of the roster. -EDIT-

As for Randy Orton, Hogan didn't face him when he was in his prime. I think the Orton of today would punt hogan back to the 80's.

He might beat the Hogan of today, although his win/loss record in singles competition isnt fantastic.

If either Hogan or Warrior should face somebody like Angle or even Lesnar, it would be over quicker than a Jamie Noble match.

Really? I suppose it's because Angle and Lesnar are "wrestlers" whereas Hogan and Warrior are just "entertainers". :rolleyes:

You see what you did? You made me use that smiley, I hate that fucking smiley.

And Vince McMahon would have told him :fuckoff:

Shocky runs this tournament, although I wouldn't doubt the same outcome.

RVD is too quick for Warrior. He would tire him out, hit a Chuck Norris roundhouse kick and 5-Star Frog Splash the hell out of Warrior

Which Warrior would promptly no sell, hit a few clotheslines, a shoulder block and a Gorrilla Press and Splash for the win.

Beating your opponents in under the 15 minute mark has no bearing in todays day and age?.
No I mean that wouldn't fly in terms of conditioning. He may have been quick to dispose of people like Honky Tonk Man and Papa Shango back in the day, but almost anybody from today's roster can squash these jabronis

So a bunch of guys who've been told to bash Warrior say that? Thats fine, doesnt change the fact that if you watch Warrior he's still running about at the end of matches the same way he runs down to the ring. His conditioning cant have been that awful.
His conditioning was awful, thats why his matches only went for 10-15 minutes. Now we're just going in circles.

Racist.

I am just saying that he show's no signs of fatigue from running down to the ring, which could well mean that he didnt tire himself out.
HAHAHA not a racist, just making a point. Things are not always what they seem to be, you can't judge a book by its cover, insert another tired cliche, etc. etc.

Oh god, you think there is a difference? All Pro-Wrestling is entertainment, The Rock "wrestled" as much as anyone else on the roster. -EDIT- Actually, he did it better than most of the roster. -EDIT-
There is a difference. Remember, we're speaking in terms of kayfabe here. You can't just bring up non-kayfabe points (theres that word again) whenever they suit your argument. We're either arguing in kayfabe or not. Pick one.

He might beat the Hogan of today, although his win/loss record in singles competition isnt fantastic.
He would definately beat the Hogan of today, I have no doubt about it. But thats neither here nor there. The issue is Warrior.

Really? I suppose it's because Angle and Lesnar are "wrestlers" whereas Hogan and Warrior are just "entertainers". :rolleyes: You see what you did? You made me use that smiley, I hate that fucking smiley.
LMAO.....and yes that would be the reason, thank you for agreeing. Now thats not to say that it would make them better wrestlers, just that they would have better conditioning. Even if, as you say, Warrior had good conditioning, people like Lesnar, Angle, Benjamin would still have a leg up on him.

Shocky runs this tournament, although I wouldn't doubt the same outcome.
Finally, something we agree on

Which Warrior would promptly no sell, hit a few clotheslines, a shoulder block and a Gorrilla Press and Splash for the win.
You can't no sell a Chuck Norris roundhouse kick, the universe would implode.

No I mean that wouldn't fly in terms of conditioning. He may have been quick to dispose of people like Honky Tonk Man and Papa Shango back in the day, but almost anybody from today's roster can squash these jabronis

The main-eventers yeah, the mid-card, not so much.

If you look at some of the better guys Warrior beat, squashes they may not have been but there isnt many (if any) people on todays roster that could defeat prime Hogan, Savage and certainly Andre in 21 seconds, Angle and Lesnar included.

His conditioning was awful, thats why his matches only went for 10-15 minutes. Now we're just going in circles.

You want kayfabe arguments? In the land of kayfabe this is irrelevant, Warrior beat these guys end of.

HAHAHA not a racist, just making a point Things are not always what they seem to be, you can't judge a book by its cover, insert another tired cliche, etc. etc.

We'll call this point irrelevant as well, as I said before somebodys conditioning in real life wont affect the outcome of a fake wrestling match. Even if I do think it's better than he's given credit for.

There is a difference. Remember, we're speaking in terms of kayfabe here. You can't just bring up non-kayfabe points (theres that word again) whenever they suit your argument.

There is no difference. In kayfabe (which is the point I've chosen), The Rock is a better wrestler than Dean Malenko, because they are both in the same job but The Rock did it better, he was more successfull.

Ultimate Warrior is a better wrestler than almost everyone to have ever stepped into the ring, because in kayfabe he'd pound them into the ground.

The kayfabe argument works brilliantly in Warriors favour, because he was damn near unbeatable.

We're either arguing in kayfabe or not. Pick one.

I was always in kayfabe.

He would definately beat the Hogan of today, I have no doubt about it. But thats neither here nor there. The issue is Warrior.

Who Orton wouldnt stand a hope in hell against.

LMAO.....and yes that would be the reason, thank you for agreeing.

It's a terrible reason though, Lesnar is no more of a wrestler than Hogan at the end of the day.

Now thats not to say that it would make them better wrestlers, just that they would have better conditioning. Even if, as you say, Warrior had good conditioning, people like Lesnar, Angle, Benjamin would still have a leg up on him.

If it's true, it's the only leg up they have on him, we are talking about arguably the most domimant wrestler ever at a time when wrestling had some of it's biggest stars of all time. He was only ever beaten when there was a run in or somebody hit him with a sceptre etc.

Not even Lesnar can say that.

Finally, something we agree on

Progress

You can't no sell a Chuck Norris roundhouse kick, the universe would implode.

I heard he can delete the recycle bin. Spooky.

Kayfabe tally = 5

I guess it's my turn to bump the thread.

Warrior is only just edging out Foley in this 2 out of 3 falls match, now seriously, there is no way Foley could pin Warrior (a man who has only been pinned 3 times in his career and none cleanly) 2 times in one match.

So any Warrior supporters who havent voted, please go do so because the arguments against him right now are frankly pretty lame.

Well it was fun while it lasted, and by the looks of it we got on peoples nerves so that makes it all the better.

Sadly it would appear as though Warrior's been eliminated, complete and utter travesty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back