[OFFICIAL] The Macho Man Randy Savage Campaign Headquarters

That's it. I'm starting the Big Show Campaign Headquarters.

Who's with me?!

2nd year in the row the big man will make it to the Elite 8, seriously, Big Show needs some love. But he's going to get his ass kicked by the Undertaker regardless.

Savage was a 2 time WWF Champion and held the belt overall for 18 months.

Kane was WWF Champion for 1 day.

Wow, and yet they were both world champions. I could give a shit less if Savage was a 1000000000 time world champ, the fact is that both he and Kane have both held the world title.

Do you really believe what you just said?

Um, yeah, otherwise I wouldn't have said it. And considering that I can't even name any more than 2 good Savage matches without looking them up, it would seem that the Savage Classics that you deemed so "memorable" didn't seem to hold as steadfast as you'd thought.

Savage was a great IC Champion and gave that belt tons of credibility. Kane's IC runs were completely forgetful.

ROTFLMAO, I didn't even know Savage was a former IC champ, I had to look up his title to make sure he even won the IC title, Now really what do you think most casual fans will remember, Kane's IC title runs from less than half a decade ago ago or the IC title runs of some jackoff that wrestled 50,000 years ago?

And I've already mentioned the difference in their WWF Title runs.

And what was the difference? the fact that Savage had a longer title reign than Kane? That doesn't change the fact that both men were both WWE champions.

All the other title runs Kane's had (tag, hardcore etc) were either insignificant or unmemorable or both.

I could say the exact same for Savage, if we did a poll of Casual wrestling fans that have just started watching WWE in the last 5 - 10 years or so, lets see how many of them remember ANY of Randy Savages WWF's title reigns as opposed to how many remember Kane's 1 day title reign.

Very Impressive. Explain how that has anything to do with how good they are/were as wrestlers?

They don't, except the book and the Movie were both released under WWE, which means they brought money back to the promotion. And like I said, I don't see either a book or a movie dedicated to Randy Savage.

Far from a great match. Not even in the top 25 best WM matches ever.

:lmao: Yeah, just tell that to the live WM 14 crowd that was totally into the match.

That's the only good match Kane has had in his career. Just joking.

Oh, so you admit to Kane having other good matches in his career

You were saying that Kane doesn't seek to better his career at the expense of others, I just said that Savage made each and every one of his opponents look like gold inside the ring. It's nice that Kane's a "saint" backstage, it really is, but it doesn't change the fact that he's a crap wrestler.

You still haven't said why Kane is crap, is Kane crap compared to Savage? Maybe, but crap in general? Far from it.

Oh well at least I get a kick out watching Savage from Botchamania, there's at least 1 segment in each segment dedicated to him.

Seems like all us vets of the first tournament agree that the campaign for this year is pretty much "Anyone But HBK 08".

It's not that I mind HBK, he truly is one of the best ever, but a little variety is good. If he wins, he wins, no biggy. I did think he should have been gone to Bigelow though.

Realistically, Benoit can beat HBK.
Undertaker can beat HBK
Savage can beat HBK, but that's about it.

By the time he would face Show or Vader, it would be their third match, and people are going to vote for HBK over the 2 SHW's based on conditioning alone.

On a side note, a Benoit or Savage win is a big fuck you to Vince McMahon too.

Savage vs. Triple H next round, the winner gets to have Stephanie Snap into their Slim Jim, Oh Yeah!

Wow, and yet they were both world champions. I could give a shit less if Savage was a 1000000000 time world champ, the fact is that both he and Kane have both held the world title.

C'mon Echelon, are you saying that guys like Hogan, Austin, Bret Hart & HBK are on the same level as Vince McMahon, David Arquette, and Vince Russo? All of them have won World Titles.

Um, yeah, otherwise I wouldn't have said it. And considering that I can't even name any more than 2 good Savage matches without looking them up, it would seem that the Savage Classics that you deemed so "memorable" didn't seem to hold as steadfast as you'd thought.

This is what made me want to reply to your post.

I can name more Savage classics then I could Kane matches. Pretty much just get your hands on any wrestling show held at Madison Square Garden in the 1980s that involved Randy Savage, and you'll see gold. The guy had classic battles every single week with guys like Tito Santana & Greg "The Hammer" Valentine, not to mention Ricky Steamboat.

Here's a quick list of classic Savage matches;

Savage vs. Steamboat - WM 3
Savage vs. Tito Santana - MSG 3/16/86
Savage vs. Greg "The Hammer" Valentine - MSG 11/15/85 (I believe this is the correct date)
Savage vs. Hogan WM 5
Savage vs. Ultimate Warrior WM 7
Savage vs. Flair WM 8
Any Savage vs. DDP match from 1997

I could continue.

ROTFLMAO, I didn't even know Savage was a former IC champ, I had to look up his title to make sure he even won the IC title, Now really what do you think most casual fans will remember, Kane's IC title runs from less than half a decade ago ago or the IC title runs of some jackoff that wrestled 50,000 years ago?

I'd say Randy Savage. Because Randy Savage is 100 times the entertainer Kane is, and has about 200x as many fans. If you didn't know Savage was a former IC champ, you aren't very knowledgable about wrestling.

Kane had some of the most unmemorable IC title reigns of all time. Savage had one of the greatest of all time. No contest who is better remembered; Randy Savage. Unless of course you're 8 years old.

And what was the difference? the fact that Savage had a longer title reign than Kane? That doesn't change the fact that both men were both WWE champions.

So Vince McMahon, Vince Russo, and David Arquette are side-by-side with Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, Stone Cold, HBK, Bret Hart, etc then right?

I could say the exact same for Savage, if we did a poll of Casual wrestling fans that have just started watching WWE in the last 5 - 10 years or so, lets see how many of them remember ANY of Randy Savages WWF's title reigns as opposed to how many remember Kane's 1 day title reign.

I'd say most of them would. Randy Savage is alot more popular then you think. Everyone knows the Macho Man, and I guarantee you that poll would STILL go to Savage. Because he's 10x as popular as Kane ever will be, and he hasn't even wrestled in years.

Oh well at least I get a kick out watching Savage from Botchamania, there's at least 1 segment in each segment dedicated to him.[/QUOTE]

Every wrestler botches. Name a wrestler, he's botched a move. That includes Kane.

C'mon Ech. Savage > Kane any day of the week, thats common knowledge.

Meh, I choose what I want to know about wrestling, and I choose what I want to research about wrestling. Just because I didn't want to know about a certain wrestler from a time period that happened before I started to watch wrestling regularly, sure as hell doesn't make me ignorant to wrestling knowledge. I recogbized several times that Savage was the better wrestler and performer than Kane. And yeah, IMO, Kane winning the world title puts him in the same upper echelon as Savage when he won the title, the fact that Savage won the title more times means very little when you consider the fact that both he and Kane are former WWE champions. Its same with Hogan and Arquette, both are former WCW Champions, doesn't matter if Hogan won the title a gazillion times more with a gazillion times more meaning behind them, it still doesn't change the fact that both he and David Arquette are both classified as WCW champions. Why do you think I got so worked up when Candice won the title.

Seeing as this is the Spam Zone, I am free to say just this one thing and then leave before I am beaten senseless:

Vader campaign HQ > Savage Campaign HQ

Echelon you can't honestly think Kane is better than Savage? You can like him more, but saying he's better or on par with him is madness. Macho Madness.

I never said Kane was on par with Savage as a wrestler, I said he was on par with Savage as a champion, considering their both former WWE and IC champions

But he's not though. Savage had a year long title reign. It wasn't great but it was better than Kanes. Fair enoughhis was a day. But Savage's IC reign shits all over Kane's to.

That still doesn't change the fact that their both former champions and both considered apart of that upper echelon that you reach when you earn that title. It doesn't matter how much better Savage was than Kane, the fact still remains that they accomplished the same thing.

Echelon is smoking crack if he thinks Kane is as good as Randy Savage, Kane is just a peadophile in a mask, Savage doesn't even need a mask because he's so cool.

Beniot should never go over HBK. Savage over Trips easily though.

Agreed, Benoit was good but HBK was better, Benoit might of been better technically but HBK is an overally better wrestler, and in the big matches i.e. Wrestlemania, and title matches, always delievers. Benoit wasn't exactly a perfect wrestler, and I'm not voting for Benoit just because HBK won last year. However... Savage > HBK.

Echelon is smoking crack if he thinks Kane is as good as Randy Savage, Kane is just a peadophile in a mask, Savage doesn't even need a mask because he's so cool.

obviously thats not what I said now was it, I never said Kane was as good of a wrestler as Randy Savage

Thats what you said.

Why did you delete the bit in your post above about Christian been shit.

Christian > Kane

FACT

But Kane > Savage could mean anything, it could have mean that Kane was younger than Savage, bigger and stronger than Savage, not a douchebag like Savage, I defined that that statement meant that Kane is on the same level as Savage in terms that not only have they both accomplished the same things in WWE/ WWF but kane has more to his resume than Savage does. And I'm not talking about who has more title runs or who has the most classic matches.

Because Christian is shit, I didn't think I had to remind you of that. the guy got booed out of WWE, goes to TNA, were he's now playing second fiddle to Angle. And by god the men's division in TNA is so crappy that the womens division actually got better ratings than they did, not once but twice

At least kane still gets a good reaction, despite everyone saying he's shit

Because Christian is shit, I didn't think I had to remind you of that. the guy got booed out of WWE, goes to TNA, were he's now playing second fiddle to Angle. And by god the men's division in TNA is so crappy that the womens division actually got better ratings than they did, not once but twice

At least kane still gets a good reaction, despite everyone saying he's shit

People boo'ed him because he was a heel, it was his job to get people to boo him. If Christian got such a poor reaction why was he out poping Cena during his segments on Raw, and at least when he was feuding with Cena people actualy cheered for Cena and boo'ed him, something which a lot of the wrestlers Cena has faced have been unable to do. Oh and if Christian got so little reaction from the fans why were they chanting "We want Christian" at Taboo Tuesday after news he had left broke?!

Face it Christian is a better wrestler than Kane, the only argument you gave for him been better was that KAne got more reaction, something which is totaly untrue. Kane hasn't got a reaction for 6 years, Christian was boo'ed consistantly as a heel, and even got face like pops because his mic work was so good. Your information about Christian is just simply not true, he left WWE because he his contract was up, and was promised main event matches in TNA, which is what the guy deserves, since then he's won 2 world titles, and been in countless good matches. What about Kane? his last PPV match was a tag match with Big Daddy V,and Mark Henry, and he lost. Thats how much Kane matters to WWE.

WWE has given Kane plenty of opportunities for Big time storylines and title runs, but Kane turns them all down, why? Because he's rather give back to the company and put someone else over to better their career instead of hogging the glory to himself. He feels he's done all that he wants to do in WWE because he HAS done pretty much everything their is to do in WWE.

WWE has given Kane plenty of opportunities for Big time storylines and title runs, but Kane turns them all down, why? Because he's rather give back to the company and put someone else over to better their career instead of hogging the glory to himself. He feels he's done all that he wants to do in WWE because he HAS done pretty much everything their is to do in WWE.

What like shagging a dead person? Or tombstoning Linda Mcmahon?

Wait, what?

Echelon, Kane was never given a big time storyline and title runs because there were better guys who it was much more intelligent to put the strap on (Austin, Rock). By the time they were ready for Kane to go back to that main event level from when he first arrived, he had turned to shit and was boring and about as fearsome as a teddy bear. So they've stuck him with years worth of such terrible storylines, that he will forever be buried at his current level.

But Kane has not accomplished more then Randy Savage has.

Randy Savage won more world titles then Kane did. He made a lot more money. The company was actually confident in handing Savage the belt. Savage was about three hundred times better of a performer both in the ring and on the mic then Kane could ever hope to be in a wet dream.

Kane is not nearly as accomplished as you think. I don't remember him winning King of the Ring and 2 World Titles.

Wait, what?

Echelon, Kane was never given a big time storyline and title runs because there were better guys who it was much more intelligent to put the strap on (Austin, Rock). By the time they were ready for Kane to go back to that main event level from when he first arrived, he had turned to shit and was boring and about as fearsome as a teddy bear. So they've stuck him with years worth of such terrible storylines, that he will forever be buried at his current level.

But Kane has not accomplished more then Randy Savage has.

Randy Savage won more world titles then Kane did. He made a lot more money. The company was actually confident in handing Savage the belt. Savage was about three hundred times better of a performer both in the ring and on the mic then Kane could ever hope to be in a wet dream.

Kane is not nearly as accomplished as you think. I don't remember him winning King of the Ring and 2 World Titles.

And again, my whole argument wasn't based on title runs or classic matches

Savage = World Champ, Kane = World champ

Savage = IC Champ, Kane = IC champ

Kane is also a Hardcore champ and a Tag team Champ, something that Savage is not

Kane is a triple crown champion, savage is not

Kane has won every major title that WWE has to offer (therefore he has accomplished everything and done everything that he set out to do, now he is in the process of giving back to the company) save for the KOTR tournament (which they no longer have) and the Royal Rumble (which is also something that Savage never accomplished)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back