• "Prince" Peter Maivia Jr.

• Lloyd Anoa'i

• Matt Anoa'i

• Reno Anoa'i

• Sika Anoa'i

• Cocoa Samoa

• Sonny Siaki

Results are only viewable after voting.
For my next dream team, I present to you: Team Italy!

Now I will give you the five of the most inspiration wrestylers of our life.

Little Guido: Also known as nunzio is one of the pound for pound greatest wrestlers ever.
Santino Marella: Funny? Check! Title history? Check! Hot sister? Check!
Tony Mamaluke: Former member of ECW's FBI. That is pedigree right there.
Johnny The Bull: Need someone to lay a beeting on you? The Bull is your man. Used to be big in like the WCW and stuff.
Big Vito: Yes, he wears dresses. Who doesn't? He is still a man who can deliver a beating.

Vote Team Italia!

While he was joking (I think), a Team Parts Unknown might actually be interesting.

I wasn't joking. Just couldn't think of any guys from "parts unknown" while I was posting...

Kane and Ultimate Warrior would certainly have to be co-captains. I can't remember anyone nearly as famous as those two being billed from Parts Unknown.

Kane and the Warrior are a good start.

What about guys who were announced as being from some abstract location such as Raven or Deuce and Domino? Could that qualify as parts unknown?

Little Guido: Also known as nunzio is one of the pound for pound greatest wrestlers ever.

Santino Marella: Funny? Check! Title history? Check! Hot sister? Check!

Tony Mamaluke: Former member of ECW's FBI. That is pedigree right there.

Johnny The Bull: Need someone to lay a beeting on you? The Bull is your man. Used to be big in like the WCW and stuff.

Big Vito: Yes, he wears dresses. Who doesn't? He is still a man who can deliver a beating.

You erected a Team Italy and left off Dominic DeNucci? And Antonino Rocca? AND BRUNO SAMMARTINO?

Your list suggests that you were being fecicious, but a team of DeNucci, Rocca, Sammartino, Vito, and one of your other jobbers wouldn't be a terrible team. Rocca was a high flyer who may be useful in a ladder match. Sammartino was a powerhouse and a solid wrestler. Vito is a hardcore guy who'd do well in the Falls Count Anywhere match.

Maybe you're on to something...

Well, I have always considered Rocca as an Argentinian. But I mostly put up that team, so it would be against Spain, who is the true power horse of Southern Europa wrestling. Yes a team Italia would be quite impressive, but I have a question. Could the Hardy boys, and even Edge and Christian, as they have for a two day period both been billed as Los Conquistadors make it in as Spanish?

If Australia doesn't expand to the South Pacific, I am nominating the South Pacific to be its own team. The South Pacific would include Samoa, Tonga, The Fiji Islands, and The Philippines.

The team would be comprised of a dream team of the following:

The Rock - 100% the leader of the South Pacific. Has competed in Iron Man matches before.

Batista - As a co-captain of the South Pacific, The Rock and Batista would be a very formidable 1-2 punch in the team events. Two of the biggest stars of the last ten years, with a lot of championships under their belts.

Samoa Joe - The Samoan Submission Machine. Samoa Joe would be a heavy favorite (no pun intended) to win the submission match.

Umaga or Haku - Two terrific brawlers who are absolutely vicious. You can't go wrong sending either one of them up in a falls count anywhere match where anything goes.

Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka - One of the pioneers in popularizing aerial based wrestling. In a ladder match, Snuka would have a very good chance to murder the competition and create another memorable moment.

This is a proposed team for the South Pacific. It sure as hell beats Team Italy, or Team Puerto Rico.

I don't think the Rock counts as Samoan, does he? He was billed from Miami, and isn't that what we're going by? Same with Batista, he's from D.C.

The Samoan team would be decent, conisiting of Umaga, Joe, and the Headshrinkers, but I'm not sold on them. Team Middle East is also a possiblity, with Davari, the Sheik, Sabu and the likes.

However, I think that team "Part Unkown" would be the best choice here. You have Kane and Warrior, who are both more than formidable. You also have guys like Papa Shango, Deuce and Domino, and the Boogeyman as possibilities.

I don't think the Rock counts as Samoan, does he? He was billed from Miami, and isn't that what we're going by? Same with Batista, he's from D.C.

The way I looked at it was sort of like World Baseball Classic rules. Sure, Alex Rodriguez played for the Dominican team in the WBC, but he never actually lived in the Dominican Republic. He was representing his heritage. There are numerous other examples I can get into with guys who played for Team Italy and the like.

I mean, it's worth a shot to see if we can stick those guys on a team. It's not like they're getting voted in for Team USA anyway. If we can get those South Pacific Islands as the last team, they could wind up winning the whole thing.

The way I looked at it was sort of like World Baseball Classic rules. Sure, Alex Rodriguez played for the Dominican team in the WBC, but he never actually lived in the Dominican Republic. He was representing his heritage. There are numerous other examples I can get into with guys who played for Team Italy and the like.

I mean, it's worth a shot to see if we can stick those guys on a team. It's not like they're getting voted in for Team USA anyway. If we can get those South Pacific Islands as the last team, they could wind up winning the whole thing.

Ya, I think I see what your'e saying. While Rock wasn't billed from Samoa, it still was mentioned that he was from there and his heritage played a key part.

However, I am still backing the "Parts Unknown" team. You already have Kane, Warrior, Shango, and Abyss, who I forgot to mention before. Sure, they may be a one dimensional team, but they are definetly a scary one. With one more solid member, they'd be tough to beat.

Team Parts Unknown. Kane, Demoliton, Ultimate Warrior, The Dudleys (all of them, unless you don't count Dudleyville.), Boogeyman (The Bottomless Pit), Sid Viscous (Wherever He damn Well Pleases), Doink, L.O.D or Road Warriors (whichever you prefer), Eric Young (Undisclosed Location, Freedomland,USA.Do we still count him?),Shark Boy, there's plenty more options,so my vote is Team Parts Unknown.

Jimmy Snuka is from Fiji not from Samoa, So that means he cannot be in this thing as there is no way he is Samoan, same with Haku, he is from Tonga, not Samoa.

Jimmy Snuka is from Fiji not from Samoa, So that means he cannot be in this thing as there is no way he is Samoan, same with Haku, he is from Tonga, not Samoa.

Except that if you read my post, they'd be part of a South Pacific team, which covers the Philippines, Tonga, Fiji, and Samoa. I really don't see what the big deal is.

I think of the ones I've seen so far, a pacific islands team or a parts unkown team are probably the most interesting. I think Continent teams are quite weak, but as all "Africans" are generally billed as being "from Africa" then I don't think an African team is a bad idea, but what have your got really, Kamala, Akeem and Kofi Kingston? No thanks.

It's a tough choice but the three that stand out to me are Team Italy, Team Pacific Islands and Team Parts Unkown.

While TM filled his team Italy with jobbers, they actually don't have a bad team with Sammartino, Rocca plus jobbers. Hell, this team would be better than the shitty Australia/NZ one.

Team Pacific Islands could be the best shout. Snuka, Umaga, Headshrinkers, Joe. That would be a strong team with a bit of a mix, yes this would be good, the only qualm is that it's technically not a country.

Team Parts Unkown, same problem as Team Pacific Islands but still a good idea, Kane, Abyss, Warrior etc.

Overall, if possible, I'd go for team pacific Islands, a strong team, lots to choose from, speed strength, good mix of old and new wrestlers, let's get on it.

OK just a note on this...

This is for serious discussion, going out there with stupid posts like "parts unknown is in da spain" will result in an infraction for spam.

Now I feel Samoa will be a good choice here, they have a good legacy with Umaga, Rosey, Head Shrinkers, Wild Samoans, Joe etc etc It's also worth pointing out that this is based on Kayfabe so it's where they were billed from. The Rock was billed from Miami and not Samoa.

Look, the fact is - Samoa is overrated.

The Rock is probably your leading candidate, and I'll give it to you, his list of credentials speak for themselves. I don't even need to list them out.

The best two remaining are Umaga and Samoa Joe.

Samoa Joe, now, is an incredible wrestler, but let's face facts - he'd be lucky to stack up with any one giant of another nation, let alone carry a team against five of them. He's great, sure, but he's young, and hasn't got the popularity, experience, or list of accomplishments to take out anyone of any worth in another nation.

Much of the same goes for Umaga, except even moreso. He's only got one truly great match that the rest of his career survives off, and otherwise, well, just about nothing.

The rest of Team Samoa?

The Wild Samoans, but your biggest problem there are that neither of them actually stack up on their own, which would be an issue. Assuming they can be a tag team force, I mean, they present a threat - they are a great old school tag team, at any rate, but they don't bring much value to the table, at the end of the day. They're a debatable matchup against any other worthy tag team, and either Afa or Sika are a pushover on their own.

You've got Rosey...*snort*. Moving on.

You don't even get to count Yokozuna.

You can bring the Headshrinkers in, but they're a far worse tag team than the Wild Samoans, so you basically get all the same problems, but amplifies ten times.

Pretty much the same for the Islanders as you get for the other two, but even worse.

Then there's Rikishi, who was entertaining, and a fun part of his day, but when you consider an international contest of the greatest - he's laughable.

There's a few more random Samoans, but really, they're all useless, so why bother?

The basic point I'm getting at is this: This would be Team Samoa:

The Rock, Samoa Joe, Umaga, and The Wild Samoans.

I mean, the Rock stands out, but his support, basically, sucks. This team would be crushed.

Now, Team Puerto Rico, on the other hand.

For starters, as a possible team Captain, how about Pedro Morales? The WWF's first ever Triple Crown Champion, a beloved world champion, and one of the most over faces of his day - behind only Sammartino, and at times, possible surpassing him. He had one of the most legendary matches ever at Showdown at Shea, when he wrestled Sammartino to a draw. He then became largely responsible for putting the Intercontinental title on the map, during his reign as champ. He's highly accomplished, got a list of titles and great matches, and in terms of actual wrestling ability - he's got it up the wazoo. He could beat any Team Samoa on his own.

Next, Carlos Colon - a total and complete Puerto Rican legend. He's the head of the most well known Puerto Rican promotion, the WWC, which is at the forefront of Puerto Rico's huge wrestling history. He can run the gamut of styles - whether an old school great (see his matches with Flair) or hardcore - see his matches with Abdullah the Butcher. He's a former NWA Champion and he's held a ridiculous amount of titles in the WWC. He's got a collection of awesome matches in Puerto Rico, and is a true wrestling great.

How's about Konnan? He's an international legend. A AAA and CMLL champion, he main evented one of the most legendary AAA shows ever - TripleMania I, as well as a famous AAA PPV, When Worlds Collide. He is, essentially, a AAA and Mexican wrestling legend. He is the Mexican Hulk Hogan. He was a significant part of WCW back in the day, and later, in TNA, founded and led two of TNA's most important stables - the 3Live Kru and, more importantly, LAX. I daresay his success in the leadership of LAX is responsible for Hernandez's current success. Konnan is a brilliantly charismatic talent, and international mega-star, a Mexican legend, and a wonderful wrestler. And he's Puerto Rican.

The rest of the team could go two ways.

One is Thunder and Lightning. They're an incredibly successful and talented tag team that has stayed mostly in Puerto Rico, where they're 26 time world tag team champions - the Team 3D of Puerto Rico.

Alternatively:

Ricky Banderas, an IWA legend as El Mesias, currently a major part of AAA, and part of TNA for a memorable feud with Abyss. Joining him in this arrangement would be Savio Vega, who is well known for his WWE stint that saw Stone Cold Steve Austin's first great feud, and also has loads of Puerto Rican and Mexican credentials under his belt.

The fact is, Team Puerto Rico - Pedro Morales, Carlos Colon, Konnan, and either Thunder and Lightning or Banderas and Vega - has 3 mega-stars and two strong supporters, compared to Team Samoa - a team that's made up of one mega star, sure, but who would be taken down against any strong front, and pretty weak support. Team Samoa is built on one man - the Rock. Team Puerto Rico is built strong all around. The choice should be clear.

I didn’t know what to say in this thread but I just felt like I needed to considering how negative some things were say about the Samoan’s. I’m not that wild about it but they do have some talents if given a chance.

Of course the whole show will be based around the Captain which is more than likely is the Rock. Now the following talents could be apart of the team if need to be like Ricky Steamboat, Prince Iaukea, Rikishi Fatu, Afa Jr, Jimmy Snuka Jr, Samoa Joe, Sonny Siaki, Don Muraco, and Tonga Kid.

Now there not the best candidates especially as single wrestlers but you have enough to get a team together that’s for sure.

You do have some decent tag teams as well that can be a force to be recon with if need to be.

3-Minute Warning/The Island Boys (Rosey & Jamal)/(Kimo & Ekmo Fatu)
The Faces of Fear (Meng/Haku & Barbarian)
The Head Shrinkers (Fatu & Samu & Sionne)
The Wild Samoans (Afa & Sika)

With my list of names to narrow it down to only five will be.!

Iron Man

Rock or Ricky Steamboat

Submission

Ricky Steamboat or Samoa Joe

Falls Count Anywhere

Rikishi or Samoa Joe or Meng or Umaga or

Ladder Match

Rock or Samoa Joe or Sonny Siaki or Prince Iaukea

5 vs 5

I guess I will probably go with

Rock
Ricky Steamboat or Don Muraco
Samoa Joe
Rikishi or Meng or Umaga
Sonny Siaki

That’s what I would go with but who knows

Then again there are so many other country or so that you can pick from. As far as the wrestlers it will be interesting on who is going to be on it.

Samoa would make a great choice. It has a great family of wrestlers. But my vote is with my home country. Puerto Rico. In the mid 80s they brought Hardcore to the west. With the help of Abdullah the Butcher and the late great Bruiser Brody, they brought some of the craziest matches over to America. If I remember correctly they invented the Inferno Match and the Barbed Wire Steel Cage match. On to the 21st Century, you have some great prospects under the Puerto Rican flag: Homicide (Born and raised in Brooklyn but of Puertorican descent and wears the flag), Amazing Red (same as Homicide), Low Ki/ Kaval (same). The AAA's top heel is Ricky Banderas/El Mesias. WWE has 3 in development (Kaval, Sweet Papi Sanchez/Black Pain and Eric Escobar). Not to mention the Colons. Pedro Morales, Ray Gonzales, Apolo, Savio Vega and Los Boricuas. We also have Shane The Glamour Boy, even though he's Canadian, he's been living here for over 10 years.

711t6v.jpg

[EDIT] DAMN! I forgot about Konnan. Cuban/Puerto Rican legend in Mexico and WCW/TNA Mainstay.

I know the Rock's like Samoan, but I would've assumed he'd be in the American thingummy. Anyway, I'd back team Parts Unknown, it's more interesting than all of this country shit and is probably the only team that would have a chance against team America anyway, although I expect the Canadians would do well. Anyway you got Warrior, Kane and all those other guys, it just makes sense.

i guess lets see if i can remember a few more like Warrior, abyss, undertaker, kane, maybe one of mick foley character, and ummm....?? ? ? ??

it could work but i'm not sure about team unknown. there characters/gimmicks will be good but i would fine away to bring raven and vampiro to be apart of this team. darker the character the better. most of this guys have sick pschology in the ring. i think mortis character was unknown i think, don't remember?!

Can we stop with the whole Team Unknown thing? This is supposed to be a series of events pitting the best from one country against the best from another country. Parts Unknown is not a country. Its a gimmick, used to give a wrestler an air of mystery.

Kane counts as an American (Even if he was born in the UK).
Raven, American.
Boogeyman... A myth... FROM the US.
Ultimate Warrior... Well... I'd say... The looney bin... In the US.
Eric Young is and was Canadian. He just kept where he was residing a secret.
Shark Boy... Universal... Studios...? Also in the US.
The Road Warriors have always been from Chicago, which I believe in the US.

Team Samoa, Team Puerto Rico (my vote), Team Italy or Team Russia are acceptable. Not Team Parts Unknown. Please, I know its fake and stuff, but try to keep it real.

OK just a note on this...

This is for serious discussion, going out there with stupid posts like "parts unknown is in da spain" will result in an infraction for spam.

There you go. The Mod said it. Try not to get infracted and vote for an existing country.

Thank You.:)

Poll is now open. You may vote for whom you feel the 8th team should be. Confirmed teams are: USA, Canada, Mexico, Japan, UK/GB, Aussie, and Russia. The 3 teams that are "finalists" based on nominations are Puerto Rico, Italy, and Samoa. The team with the most votes after 9 days is in the tournament.

You have to pick Samoa in this.

Italy is a joke
Puerto Rico just is not on the same level as Samoa.

So with that being said the Samoa team of: the Rock, Umaga, Samoa Joe, and maybe the headshrinkers that would be awesome so I have to give my vote to Samoa because they are the only team I can really see doing well in such an event.

You have to pick Samoa in this.

A respectable decision.

Italy is a joke

Yup. Its unfortunate really. The FBI is all alone.

Puerto Rico just is not on the same level as Samoa.

Woah! Hold the phone! Puerto Rico has probably contributed more to wrestling than Samoa. They brought the Hardcore style to America. Samoa, other than a couple of great tag teams and a few Upper-Midcarders, they really haven't done much. They don't have indies, they are all one really large family and... well The Rock resides in Miami, has mayor Samoan heritige and is also part canadian. So I really don't know where he goes. Thats the Mods decision.

PUERTO RICO!!!!

Yeah, I'm Boricua.

Now that I have thought about it Puerto Rico is probably the best choice. Carlos Colon is a legend that is not given the recognition that he deserves outside of Puerto Rico. He would be the captain of this team. Carlito and Primo are both great talents that just aren't utilised in exactly the right way. Their cousin Orlando is said to be even more talented than both Carlito and Primo. I am not completely familiar with Puerto Rico's wrestling history but I do know that there is a large history there and the Colons are a major part of that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back