[Official] Hulk Hogan Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course this is huge news, you'd be a fool to suggest otherwise. Just look at the response this has generated. I only heard about this announcement about 2 hours ago, and there's already 12 pages devoted to this in this thread. Obviously it has people talking. Count on a spike in ratings to accompany this announcement.

Interesting timing. Bischoff and Hogan to TNA has been talked about, in theory, for quite some time. But it never happened before. Then right on the heels of Shane McMahon abruptly leaving WWE, it finally happens. Interesting coincidence, or is it more than this?

I can't help but wonder if it's short term gain with long term pain. Interestingly I was reading another thread on this site earlier today, talking about how TNA was heading in the right direction. Because it was getting rid of some of the older guys. The remaining older guys were being used to push younger talent to get them over. New young talent was being signed. TNA originals were finally taking on prominent roles in the company. Storylines were getting better, as was the action.

Now if TNA becomes the Eric and Terry show, doesn't this have the potential to be a step backwards overall? Yes, huge interest and high numbers from the get-go. But when it becomes apparent that profile, marketability, star-power, etc., aside, Hogan is a late 50's crippled old wrestler who simply won't be physically able to bring to TNA what he brought to WCW over a decade ago, what then? As a GM, or a manager, Hogan won't have the same type of impact that nWo had when he was still able to bend his knees. Can you catch lightning in a bottle twice? Maybe, maybe not, we'll see I guess.

What happens when Bischoff and Russo can't get along? People earlier this morning in the other thread I was talking about above were praising TNA's new creative direction, and Russo deserves at least some of the credit for this. Now is he gone? So much for the new creative direction.

What about the new young talent? Last week there was a big fuss about Nigel and his program with Angle. Will this be overshadowed by the attention that Hogan will ultimately receive? What about AJ, does he give up the belt to Hogan? What about the speculation that such guys as Mr. Kennedy or Umaga may be on their way, will anyone really care now if they come or not?

I'm not saying that Hogan and Bischoff to TNA is a bad thing. I'm just saying that it raises a lot of other questions that could be detrimental to TNA in the long term. Not to mention the fact that this will motivate Vince to step up his game, which he undoubtedly will, and while this competition may be great for us wrestling fans, I'm not so sure it will ultimately be great for TNA.

Wow... I never saw the possibility of Eric Bischoff joining the TNA ranks as has already been said his thoughts on the company. It will be interesting what he is going to be bringing to the ranks of the TNA Locker Room and what role he will be performing.

I can honestly say that I am not suprised by the Hogan signing. TNA already has a couple of veteran wrestlers like Sting, Nash and Foley on the roster that are currently trying to put over talent slowly and steadily who won't have much to do after they have done their jobs. So, having a huge name such as Hogan on the roster can initially work with the older guys to get back into the swing of things before heading onto opponents like AJ Styles. Its a good choice as Hogan will benefit TNA in the ratings and they have hardly any dates to fulfill compared to WWE, so whatever injuries Hogan has won't be too much of a detriment.

Good, smart signing for TNA.

Im shocked manily for Bischoff he always had such negative comments towards Tna. Hogan im not shocked, other then that can't wait to see what happens, and hopefully it does bring the best outta the wwe also.

I think Russo's days are numbered now. I agree with a lot of the talent as I don't see WHAT Russo is trying to do and in what direction? I mean an Eric Young push is lame and makes no sense. Plus the constant mishandling of Joe and AJ Styles. All I can think about the Hogan/Bischoff signing is maybe this is going to help their tour in someway. TNA will maybe allow them to put some of their talent on the tour and a few of Hogan's talents in TNA. I don't see as this a bad thing kinda a win/win for TNA and Hogan. I don't see Hogan giving anything to TNA but his name.

There is no way that Dixie Carter is going to stop pushing the younger talent because of Hogan, she said that TNA needed to go in a different direction by focusing on the younger talent, she's not just suddenly going to flip flop because of Hogan.
Adding Hogan is a win win situation, it draws attention to TNA while the attitude era creative team of Russo, Ferrara, Bischoff showcase their creative talent.
God I hope Dixie Carter can land Paul Heyman as the last piece of the puzzle for the creative team.

Hogan will be used fine.
Bischoff will better the creative team (which is already talented with Russo and Ferrara).
TNA will NOT start looking like the sinking ship WCW was. TNA is not and has not been a sinking ship unlike WCW.

funny....you think Bischoff and Russo would work together...lmao. i do agree this is good news i think you are a bit misguided if you think that "creative team" would work together and bring TNA to prominence. Russo is a moron, if you think differently just look to AJ Styles and his point of view on how he, Joe, and Kaz are being booked. Russo is THE MOST OVERRATED member of a creative team in the history of the industry.

Bischoff on the other took a small product and turned into a Monday Night beast...he knows the formula and he knows how to put together an entertaining product. he is a major addition but if he is there (and like rumors on the main page seem to indicate) Russo is GONE

To borrow a quote from Lucky Number Slevin: FUCK. SHIT. JESUS.

I'm in class all day and I come home to this bombshell. I'm shocked. I mean, where did this come from? Hogan I don't care about to much, but I love Bischoff and he could really make TNA even more interesting that it has been. TNA has been a roll this year and this is undoubtably the culmination of roll and without a doubt the biggest thing to happen this year. I can't wait to see what happens.

It was about 30% money and 70% Hogan's star-power. Keep in mind that the media blitz that was generated in newspapers, on television and in the tabloids raised the ratings for the premier of Nitro. Hogan did that on his own... he didn't need Turner's money. Of course, WCW programming needed funds in order to move the product to Universal Studios and gain the time slot on weekly television, but TNA has those things already.

you are so far off in that comment its not even funny...Hogan didnt make a big difference. Even when Savage came it didnt make a difference. Hogan DID NOT make WCW big, the way he was used did. Bischoff is the man that made it happen. Take a look back at WCW ratings and you will see that once Hogan arrived and for a while after there was only a small fluctuation in ratings.

In my opinion I think the fact that Hulk Hogan is coming to TNA is just plan out dumb. I was never a big Hulk Hogan fan. People say that hes the biggest star in the history of Wrestling and that hes the greatest Wrestler that ever lived. Hogan's Wrestling Skills SUCK. The only reason why he became the biggest star in Wrestling is because of his Charisma and because he was in the first Main Event at Wrestlemania. His Entertaining skills are a lot better than his Wrestling Skills. I do respect him for what hes done for the business. The HULKAMANIA era was 18 years ago. This is 2009. Ric Flair, Shawn Michaels, Triple H, Undertaker those guys all have very good Entertaining Skills and Wrestling Skills.

Could you imagine if HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN is responsible for a third boom in profession wrestling? I know I'm day dreaming and talking out of my ass, but what if? Three booms in three decades would solidify HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN as the biggest name in professional wrestling more than he already has been.

[/The Boss]

Anyhow, I really hope this leads to new TNA shows and whatnot. The sheer talent on their roster and all the things they should want to do with them has just become too much for one two hour block a week to hold. If Hogan and Bischoff can get something done about that and if someone can keep their egos in check, I am seriously gonna love this.

LONG LIVE HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN! LONG LIVE HULKAMANIA!

funny....you think Bischoff and Russo would work together...lmao. i do agree this is good news i think you are a bit misguided if you think that "creative team" would work together and bring TNA to prominence. Russo is a moron, if you think differently just look to AJ Styles and his point of view on how he, Joe, and Kaz are being booked. Russo is THE MOST OVERRATED member of a creative team in the history of the industry.

Bischoff on the other took a small product and turned into a Monday Night beast...he knows the formula and he knows how to put together an entertaining product. he is a major addition but if he is there (and like rumors on the main page seem to indicate) Russo is GONE

Russo was the reason why WWF changed into the attitude era. Do research on that, there is plenty out there.
Also, Bischoff was the one who fired Steve Austin in WCW and look at what became of Austin under Russo.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing Bischoff, but they both have their flaws but them TOGETHER will make a great team.
They are BOTH good and they could work together for the best of the company and for themselves.
There's no reason to assume they cannott work together and their is also no reason to say Russo is the most overrated member of a creative team in the history of the industry.

Okay, now that the initial shock has worn off, I can think clearly...

Bischoff is great, but Hogan I'm concerned about. I'm glad he's there because his name could really help TNA get noticed more, however his reputation of not putting guys over is an issue. If he's there to wrestle full-time, which I doubt, that could be big trouble for the young guys. If he's there to compete, a part-time or one-match deal is much more likely, though once again, he'd probably crush whoever he's up against which could be a problem depending on who faces him.

If Hogan is there to wrestle, I hope it's just for one or two matches against established guys like Sting or Angle. I'd keep him away from the TNA originals, unless he's willing to put one over.

In my opinion I think the fact that Hulk Hogan is coming to TNA is just plan out dumb. I was never a big Hulk Hogan fan. People say that hes the biggest star in the history of Wrestling and that hes the greatest Wrestler that ever lived. Hogan's Wrestling Skills SUCK. The only reason why he became the biggest star in Wrestling is because of his Charisma and because he was in the first Main Event at Wrestlemania. His Entertaining skills are a lot better than his Wrestling Skills. I do respect him for what hes done for the business. The HULKAMANIA era was 18 years ago. This is 2009. Ric Flair, Shawn Michaels, Triple H, Undertaker those guys all have very good Entertaining Skills and Wrestling Skills.

Pssst.

Most people aren't fans of and nor do they watch Hogan for his in-ring wrestling skills.

People like you just do not understand the mindsets of wrestling fans, other than the technically-inclined ROH bots. Do you really, honestly think people care about how bad his wrestling skills are? One has to be an idiot to think that.

People care about Hogan because of his character and personality, along with the storylines he will be involved in. His in-ring action is really secondary.

Hulk Hogan is also going to be appearing on Larry King Live tonight. So unquestionably, this is going to help give TNA a lot of national exposure, since this will obviously be brought up.

Still don't think Hogan is a good choice of wrestlers to bring in, especially after reading this:

"We reported last week, stemming from an original report by PWTorch.com, that AJ Styles was furious backstage at a recent TNA taping concerning the way he has been booked as TNA Champion up to this point.

In an update to that story, ProWrestling.net is reporting that AJ Styles did indeed have a big backstage argument with TNA head of creative Vince Russo. The argument was said to be so heated that several TNA officials had to step in to break the two up. It's being said that in addition to feeling that he has been booked to look like a weak champion, AJ Styles is also frustrated with the way TNA has booked Samoa Joe and Frankie Kazarian, who wrestles as Suicide.

Styles' recent frustration seems to indicate, as we exclusively reported last week, that tensions are a bit high backstage in TNA right now, and a lot of wrestlers are unsure of the company's creative direction or where they may be headed as individuals." (WrestleZone)

That was dated as yesterday (10/26), Like previous people have said, Hogan will not willingly job for anyone. If the roster was frustrated as is I can imagine what they're thinking now, probably something on the lines of "Great, now some has-been is going to be the main focus..again" So if AJ was frustrated with his current title reign as of now and if Hogan doesn't help AJ at all maybe the WWE can scoop one of the 2 decent TNA wrestlers.

In addition, if Flair is unfortunately brought into TNA then my god, there is way to much retired talent on that roster.

Still don't think Hogan is a good choice of wrestlers to bring in, especially after reading this:

"We reported last week, stemming from an original report by PWTorch.com, that AJ Styles was furious backstage at a recent TNA taping concerning the way he has been booked as TNA Champion up to this point.

In an update to that story, ProWrestling.net is reporting that AJ Styles did indeed have a big backstage argument with TNA head of creative Vince Russo. The argument was said to be so heated that several TNA officials had to step in to break the two up. It's being said that in addition to feeling that he has been booked to look like a weak champion, AJ Styles is also frustrated with the way TNA has booked Samoa Joe and Frankie Kazarian, who wrestles as Suicide.

Styles' recent frustration seems to indicate, as we exclusively reported last week, that tensions are a bit high backstage in TNA right now, and a lot of wrestlers are unsure of the company's creative direction or where they may be headed as individuals." (WrestleZone)

That was dated as yesterday (10/26), Like previous people have said, Hogan will not willingly job for anyone. If the roster was frustrated as is I can imagine what they're thinking now, probably something on the lines of "Great, now some has-been is going to be the main focus..again" So if AJ was frustrated with his current title reign as of now and if Hogan doesn't help AJ at all maybe the WWE can scoop one of the 2 decent TNA wrestlers.

In addition, if Flair is unfortunately brought into TNA then my god, there is way to much retired talent on that roster.

AJ Styles needs his head examined if he is of the mindset that Hogan being brought in is a bad thing. He's going to be making a lot more money with Hogan around then without. Not to mention that Hogan will help give him far more exposure then he could have hoped to achieve on his own.

Hogan will be in the spotlight, certainly. However, I think they will play their cards right this go round. I have confidence they learned from what went wrong in their WCW days.

Basically, Hogan, Bischoff, and Russo should have all learned their lessons, and it really is in their best interests to put whatever differences they have all had with each other aside and do what's best for business.

From the front page of wrestlezone.

According to sources, Ric Flair
could be headed to TNA Wrestling some time in the future, as part of the Hulk Hogan/Eric Bischoff deal.

Apparently Flair signed a long-term contract (rumored to be a three-year deal) when he signed on for the "Hulkamania Tour" in Australia. The deal states that Flair is essentially tied in with Hogan in any projects he would take on (reality show
, etc).

Whether or not Flair will come to TNA with Hogan and Bischoff is no guarantee at this point, but according to reports, seems likely. Flair had never wanted to cross that line in the past with Vince McMahon, but all indications are that Flair will eventually end up in TNA alongside Hogan, as the two will be headlining all the major shows on the Hulkamania tour against each other.

Another quick note. While details are very sketchy still, we're told that there are a number of major stories still to come. As one source put it, Hogan and Bischoff signing with TNA is merely the tip of the iceberg. Apparently there are some announcements to follow (that are purposely being held off as to layer the big news across a little span of time as opposed to dumping it all out at once) that are as big, if not bigger, than Hogan and Bischoff signing with TNA.

It might be that Mr. Kennedy and others that are on the hulkamania tour might be on the way to TNA.
Who knows maybe Shane McMahon's resignation from WWE might have something to do with TNA.

Russo was the reason why WWF changed into the attitude era. Do research on that, there is plenty out there.
Also, Bischoff was the one who fired Steve Austin in WCW and look at what became of Austin under Russo.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing Bischoff, but they both have their flaws but them TOGETHER will make a great team.
They are BOTH good and they could work together for the best of the company and for themselves.
There's no reason to assume they cannott work together and their is also no reason to say Russo is the most overrated member of a creative team in the history of the industry.

lmao...re Russo and Bischoof...THEY HATE EACH OTHER....Hogan hates Russo too....that is a HUGE reason to assume that they cannot work together. Russo is considered a joke by Hogan and Bischoff..dont believe me, check out the main page, it will confirm it for ya. Russo caught lightening in a bottle with the attitude era, his work in WCW and TNA since speaks for itself, shitty booking.

From a publicity standpoint this is big for TNA.....but from a wrestling standpoint, surely everyone knows were this is heading. Hogan only cares about Hogan, not TNA. He'll pull the same stunts he pulled in WCW and politic his way to the TNA World Title, the term "Hogan Knows Best". The man can hardly wrestle yet he'll still hold the world title, and TNA won't say no because all they be thinking about is ratings and forgetting about the wrestlers that helped the company when it started (AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, etc.). You only have to look at what happened when Mick Foley joined.

McMahon won't give a crap about about Hogan in TNA because he has had no interest in bringing Hogan back to WWE for some time, no matter how many times Hogan suggested that he compete at the last 2 Wrestlemanias ('Mania 24 he said he thought he should be the one to retire Flair/Hogan suggested facing Austin at 'Mania 25, but Austin wasn't interested and neither was McMahon). WWE will keep with the same formula and will see no reason to change.

TNA has now truly become WCW 2.0 with Hogan and Bischoff joining. All they need now is Savage and DDP and they'll have the complete set. And we all know what happened to WCW.

I definately have mixed feelings about this Hogan/Bischoff deal. There is no doubt that Bischoff has the skills and the connections to make a huge impact (no pun) in TNA. He's old school in the way he came up through the business, working any job available and learning each aspect of the business.

As for Hogan, does anyone really care? I was one of those youngsters back in the late 80's/early 90's when he made his entry in the AWA. Big, strong, good looking and could talk a line of shit that'd make the port-a-potty guy blush with shame. But, in the words of Verne Gagne, "my grandmother can do a better leg drop". He never could wrestle and does so even less now.

The one benefit that Hogan may bring is his stable of ham and eggers he has always used to make him look good. Anywhere Hogan went, there would be The Nasty Boys, Brutus Beefcake and a few others that he fed off of to increase his bankroll. Hogan is a salesman, pure and simple. The Hukster!

The one great thing that could really come of this is Ric Flair coming to TNA in the next few weeks.

If there are any nay-sayers to this idea, which is now being reported here on the WZ main page, can you remember a few years ago when Flair made his debut about a year after the demise of WCW as the business partner of Shane McMahon? That was the hugest POP I remember hearing for any wrestler up to that time. Flair would be a huge addition since TNA is based in the south that he made his name.

lmao...re Russo and Bischoof...THEY HATE EACH OTHER....Hogan hates Russo too....that is a HUGE reason to assume that they cannot work together. Russo is considered a joke by Hogan and Bischoff..dont believe me, check out the main page, it will confirm it for ya. Russo caught lightening in a bottle with the attitude era, his work in WCW and TNA since speaks for itself, shitty booking.

I think it's also a fair assumption that people learn from their mistakes and move on to do what's best for business. We'll see if petty grudges will be maintained or whether egos will be put aside to do what's best for the company (and essentially themselves).

Personally, I think Hogan, Bischoff, and Russo are all very talented. They simply need to sit down, talk, put their differences aside, and move on.

From the front page of wrestlezone.

According to sources, Ric Flair
could be headed to TNA Wrestling some time in the future, as part of the Hulk Hogan/Eric Bischoff deal.

Apparently Flair signed a long-term contract (rumored to be a three-year deal) when he signed on for the "Hulkamania Tour" in Australia. The deal states that Flair is essentially tied in with Hogan in any projects he would take on (reality show
, etc).

Whether or not Flair will come to TNA with Hogan and Bischoff is no guarantee at this point, but according to reports, seems likely. Flair had never wanted to cross that line in the past with Vince McMahon, but all indications are that Flair will eventually end up in TNA alongside Hogan, as the two will be headlining all the major shows on the Hulkamania tour against each other.

Another quick note. While details are very sketchy still, we're told that there are a number of major stories still to come. As one source put it, Hogan and Bischoff signing with TNA is merely the tip of the iceberg. Apparently there are some announcements to follow (that are purposely being held off as to layer the big news across a little span of time as opposed to dumping it all out at once) that are as big, if not bigger, than Hogan and Bischoff signing with TNA.

It might be that Mr. Kennedy and others that are on the hulkamania tour might be on the way to TNA.
Who knows maybe Shane McMahon's resignation from WWE might have something to do with TNA.

Thats what I was thinking when I saw that. What other announcements would be so big that they would trump Hogan/Bischoff? Shane would be a possiblity, or the guys with the Hulkamania tour are brought in. Wow, all of a sudden, the wrestling world is talking, and shook to its foundation. Still think Hogan isn't the greatest ever?

And by the way, Eric Young said he has an announcement that will shake the foundation of TNA. Am I the only one that remembers that?

From a publicity standpoint this is big for TNA.....but from a wrestling standpoint, surely everyone knows were this is heading. Hogan only cares about Hogan, not TNA. He'll pull the same stunts he pulled in WCW and politic his way to the TNA World Title, the term "Hogan Knows Best". The man can hardly wrestle yet he'll still hold the world title, and TNA won't say no because all they be thinking about is ratings and forgetting about the wrestlers that helped the company when it started (AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, etc.). You only have to look at what happened when Mick Foley joined.

McMahon won't give a crap about about Hogan in TNA because he has had no interest in bringing Hogan back to WWE for some time, no matter how many times Hogan suggested that he compete at the last 2 Wrestlemanias ('Mania 24 he said he thought he should be the one to retire Flair/Hogan suggested facing Austin at 'Mania 25, but Austin wasn't interested and neither was McMahon). WWE will keep with the same formula and will see no reason to change.

TNA has now truly become WCW 2.0 with Hogan and Bischoff joining. All they need now is Savage and DDP and they'll have the complete set. And we all know what happened to WCW.

good point...they already have Russo on board, he can drive the steak in the heart of TNA much like he did to WCW...whatever chance WCW had back in the day of "righting the ship" was put to an end when Russo was brought on board.

Thats what I was thinking when I saw that. What other announcements would be so big that they would trump Hogan/Bischoff? Shane would be a possiblity, or the guys with the Hulkamania tour are brought in. Wow, all of a sudden, the wrestling world is talking, and shook to its foundation. Still think Hogan isn't the greatest ever?

And by the way, Eric Young said he has an announcement that will shake the foundation of TNA. Am I the only one that remembers that?

correct you are sir, Young did say that....by the way...is this episode of TNA taped? Will Hogan be on this upcoming episode?

Who else is already on with the Hulkamania Tour?

This latest saga in TNA smacks, I am afraid of desperation, one last effort to beat WWE. Dixie is fixated on beating WWE. Sadly, she doesn't see the bigger picture and that is keeping a company afloat.

So i'm driving home and my boy calls me up like yoooooo hogan just signed with tna and im like shut the fuck up man. thats bs. you're lying. the whole nine. well i came home and low and behold its true. and he's bringing bischoff wit him. ohhhhh boy. eric bischoff has one helluva mind when it comes to this wrestling thing. i cant wait to see how this is going down. i can already see hogan and sting in a program. icon vs. icon. i just hope they dont put the strap on hogan for some asshole reason like they did when he returned to wwe back in the early 2000's. all i kno is tna impact will be playing on my television set each and every week. i'd even go as far saying tna is slowly getting BETTER than wwe. in time it will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back