[OFFICIAL] Edge RETURNS! Won the Royal Rumble / Is going to Wrestlemania thread

It's...Baylariat!

Team Finnley Baylor
So, Edge is your Royal Rumble winner, eliminating John Cena to do so. It's been a long tough road for Edge and am glad he was rewarded with winning the Rumble. Thoughts and comments on this, and who his opponent could be at Wrestlemania.

I'm leaning toward him facing either Jericho or Undertaker at Wrestlemania. Edge and Cena's done too much, as was Edge and Orton. And Sheamus won't win the Elimination Chamber, so he's out of the question.

No spam! and keep ALL Edge talk in here please. Any other threads made about this topic from here on out will be merged and infracted!

Thank you.

i think everyone wants him vs. jericho... i think that has the potential to be feud of the year material. i am more interested in seeing what they do with his character tomorrow (or tuesday/friday).

Anyways , I for one am excited about this , as previous posters have mentioned Y2J will most likely beat Taker at NWO or EC. Sheamus and Edge could make for a great match at Mania but I just think it would be wrong, seeing as how Y2J is the one who said Edge would never come back.

Edge is not out of shape , not to me anyways and looks great , this royal rumble had great results in my opinion. Edge's beard looks great too :lmao:.

However, this Royal Rumble was predictable in my opinion , there are like 1000 videos on YouTube saying EDGE EDGE EDGE is going to win and I knew it my mind he would , I am glad he never entered at number 30 because I think having a surprise return at number 30 is getting pretty old (even though Cena was the only one who won and made a surprise return at number 30),and I am also glad that the WWE did not change plans with this Royal Rumble like they did when Christians return got leaked onto the Internet.

Overall I am happy.

i think everyone wants him vs. jericho... i think that has the potential to be feud of the year material. i am more interested in seeing what they do with his character tomorrow (or tuesday/friday).

Many say that having Jericho and Edge in a title match at Wrestlemania would be a little underwhelming. I say it would be original and a great match, but would it be the 'big time' match that most want to see? I like the idea of Edge going against someone like HHH (if he's not injured), Orton, or even Sheamus. But Sheamus won't have the WWE title past the Elimination Chamber. We'll know more on Monday Night.

That being said, I'm glad to see Edge back. He looked good out there tonight.

I loved the surprise but I am not liking where this is heading. Edge isn't and wont be a huge champ and Jericho is an upper mid carder, I hope the Jericho and Edge thing happens at the Elimination chamber. Even though the match will be a bore I am hoping for a Orton and Edge match with Edge as the face. I can't see Vince going with Jericho and Edge because he hasn't shown much faith in either one headlining a huge show unless they are with Cena. I am looking forward to the Road to WM but I will be disappointed if it ends with a Jericho and Edge match.

Did I miss something here? You guys are all talking about Edge vs. Jericho, but Edge gets a title shot an Mania. You guys are having a debate over the possibilities of a match that likely won't happen.

Raw needs a top face on the Road to Wrestlemania. Odds are DX will be defending the tag titles at Mania, so they're out. That leaves Cena alone. Edge could slide right into the role as a face and challenge Sheamus. He's the ultimate opportunist, Sheamus seems like the easier win, so we get two months of promos that involve Edge making fun of Irish people and bright white skin. Does this not seem epic to you? It doesn't have to be the main event of the night.

Taker would need to lose the EC match to Batista and then have Rey vs. Batista be the main event. I know, I hate Rey and the rest of you hate Batista, but they are both over as hell, and Rey has a huge fanbase with the kids, so it would make financial sense, and the battle between them has been hot. Batista as a heel is more interesting, and Rey's appeal helps sell the show to a large demographic.

With these two main events, we get Edge vs. Sheamus in a borderline racism fueled feud on the card and another main event that sells to kids. It seems to be what work best for the entire WWE Universe, including the ones that write the checks.

I could give a fuck about the SD! event, but I love me some Edge, and giving him someone to rip on always works for me.

THIS IS FOR ANYONE WHO THINKS EDGE LOOKS OUT OF SHAPE

icvfyv.jpg

Edge is not out of shape , he looks better or the same.

Now everyone needs to consider Edge as a main eventer because that is what he is , he is not a mid carder nor an upper midcarder he is a main eventer , that is what 9 World title reigns does to a wrestler.

Edge VS Y2J is what is most likely going to happen , will it be big a big enough match for WrestleMania ? Of course it would and it is a change ,that is what most posters complain about, there is no Cena or HHH involved in this World title match , IF Edge decided to go for the World title and stay on SmackDown.

If Edge decided to go to RAW and challenge the WWE champion (which could happen) what would most likely happen is it would be Edge VS Sheamus , I only say this because of what was posted on the main WZ page about the current WM 26 plans, however there was a thread posted about how Vince is obsessed with Edge VS Cena , so that match could likely happen , have Cena win EC and Edge faces him at WM.

The last option is the ECW Title but I don't even think this is considered a World Title anymore because last year when Randy Orton was discussing his options he only stated World Title and WWE Title but if this were to happen it could make for a good match but most likely will not happen and for the person who said TLC as a stipulation for this match , it would most likely not happen because we have a PPV named TLC and there is already MITB , which could use tables and chairs, therefore I don't see a TLC stipulation happening.

I didn't watch the show, but I was very surprised/pleased to hear that Edge won this year's Royal Rumble.

Every now and then, WWE can pull one on us. Sometimes they do it just to do it, which is always a bad idea, but I think this time they got it right. Edge is one of those guys who you either love to love, or you love to hate. If he's 100% and can go, then winning the Royal Rumble was the perfect place to start his comeback. The guy is simply a fantastic, entertaining wrestler, who can also talk fans into the seats. There's no doubt the level of interest in WWE right now raises in not only in my eyes, but in plenty of other wrestling fans out there as well. I don't say this often, but good job WWE.

Even with all the speculation of his return tonight, my friends and I were genuinely shocked to see him return tonight. I seriously thought we wouldn't see him again until after Wrestlemania. Needless to say, I MTFO.

Hard to pick who he's going to face. I can't see him facing Taker again, and there's no way he's challenging Sheamus. An interesting twist would be if he challenged Christian for the ECW belt, but we know that's not happening. I predict Taker to lose it at EC to Batista, setting up Batista/Edge at WM. Of course, this depends on if he's a face or not. If he stays heel, Cena will win the title and Edge will challenge him.

Regardless, it's great to see Edge back. I've missed him so :)

I loved the surprise but I am not liking where this is heading. Edge isn't and wont be a huge champ and Jericho is an upper mid carder, I hope the Jericho and Edge thing happens at the Elimination chamber. Even though the match will be a bore I am hoping for a Orton and Edge match with Edge as the face. I can't see Vince going with Jericho and Edge because he hasn't shown much faith in either one headlining a huge show unless they are with Cena. I am looking forward to the Road to WM but I will be disappointed if it ends with a Jericho and Edge match.

ok how would that match be a bore? 2 of the best all around wrestlers in the company fighting at the biggest ppv? im not understanding that one, and i am very sure this match will happen, because any other match wouldnt make sense, and wouldnt be as good. jericho will win at EC and these 2 will have a classic

(even though Cena was the only one who won and made a surprise return at number 30)

I believe UnderTaker did the same, but i could be wrong

and i sure a lo of people noticed EGDE seems to have a little more love handles then he left with, which leaves me to wonder will he get the same PIGGY treatment as MICKIE JAMES?!?!?!?

I think it's kind of obvious of what's gonna happen.

I think HBK will challenge Edge for his WrestleMania title shot at the Elimination Chamber PPV. Jericho will screw Edge, giving HBK the title shot. HBK will challenge Undertaker at Mania and Edge will wrestle Jericho at Mania.

Good idea, but I have no idea how this is the "obvious" storyline. I think something involving DX's ability to go on both shows will get HBK vs. Taker on the Mania card, but I don't think Edge necessarily has to be involved.

I think Edge vs. Sheamus is what is going to happen.

and i sure a lo of people noticed EGDE seems to have a little more love handles then he left with, which leaves me to wonder will he get the same PIGGY treatment as MICKIE JAMES?!?!?!?

Umm, there is working out to get in shape, but nothing compares to being in the ring. Give him some time. There are eight weeks until Mania. John Madden could get in ring shape in that amount of time.

Undertaker did not return at the Royal Rumble of 2007, so it was not a surprise , maybe his victory was.

Edge should absolutely remain on SmackDown , there is no reason for him to go to RAW, Sheamus is a new main eventer and there are a lot of guys for him to face , so Edge isn't desperately needed on RAW.

The only reason I think he should remain on SmackDown is because of the unfilled feud known as Edge VS Y2J , they teased us with Y2J saying Edge would never come back and Edge saying he would , so this feud should be done before he moves to RAW or if he moves to RAW.

im going to keep this short or its going to get way off topic which im saving that for my first thread. I will say this though. the WWE HAS ONCE AGAIN DROPPED THE BALL. I personally think Edge winning is just horsecrap. Edge didn't need the win to get in the spotlight at Wrestlemania. Shucks he didn't even need the win to get a title shot. He didn't have to return tonight to be a main eventer, he's been there for years. He could've returned next month or even on Smackdown this week. None of it would've taken away from his return. He's already a character people wanted back and we already know the direction he is going go unless the WWE pulls a big fast one on us, which I dont. So to Edge winning tonight. I give it a big THUMBS DOWN

I totally marked the fuck out. Even though I knew it was coming, just like with Jericho.. I went nuts. I love Edge, always have. Seeing him overcome what could have been a career ending injury then come back and look like he hasn't missed a day, wonderful. He's always gonna be one of the top 3 in my book, I love me some Edge. I'm glad to see he won.

Edge is by far my fav wrestler and even with all the rumors of a possible return today I was stilled shocked to c him come back so soon I MTFO because again hes my fav wrestler...When it came down to him and Cena and he was trying to set up a spear I thought for sure Cena would throw him over and the golden boy would have another rumble victory under his belt, but no Edge came out on top which Im glad to c cause in my eyes he deserves a Rumble win under his belt, as for what direction he will go from here he already had a shot at ending Takers streak so I dont think he will get another shot at that streak but where else would they go with this storyline I think Jericho and him will have a match at EC and HBK vs HHH seems to be teased a bit so Im guessing it will b Edge vs Taker again but thats just a guess, guess we will have to wait n see
:worship: Edge 2010 Royal Rumble Winner

First of all, I am still new to the forum so i do not know how quotes work quite yet, but Mr Lariato, this is addressed to you and all other Sheamus haters.

First everyone said Sheamus would not even make it to the match with cena. Then everyone was positive that Sheamus would not win the title. Then everyone said it was for sure Sheamus would loose it right away. Then everyone said that Sheamus would loose the title before the Rumble. I then think it was you Lariato (forgive me if im mistaken) that said that there was no chance in hell orton would loose the rumble. Now you are saying it is out of the question that Sheamus leaves the ec as champion.

Hate to say it but, i think you just dislike Sheamus so you just assume he is going to loose, yet he keeps on staying in the main event.

If hhh is injured, i could potentially see Edge facing Sheamus for the title.

But my prediction is edge vs jericho for the title. This would be my favorite WM main event since the rock and austin.

p.s. im not hating on your oppinion. i just find it funny that the same people keep on saying that there is no chance in hell that sheamus does such and such. yet he keeps on doing it. he seems to be the underdog heel which is very new and appealing to me.

First of all, I am still new to the forum so i do not know how quotes work quite yet, but Mr Lariato, this is addressed to you and all other Sheamus haters.

First everyone said Sheamus would not even make it to the match with cena. Then everyone was positive that Sheamus would not win the title. Then everyone said it was for sure Sheamus would loose it right away. Then everyone said that Sheamus would loose the title before the Rumble. I then think it was you Lariato (forgive me if im mistaken) that said that there was no chance in hell orton would loose the rumble. Now you are saying it is out of the question that Sheamus leaves the ec as champion.

Hate to say it but, i think you just dislike Sheamus so you just assume he is going to loose, yet he keeps on staying in the main event.

But my prediction is edge vs jericho for the title. This would be my favorite WM main event since the rock and austin.

p.s. im not hating on your oppinion. i just find it funny that the same people keep on saying that there is no chance in hell that sheamus does such and such. yet he keeps on doing it. he seems to be the underdog heel which is very new and appealing to me.

Totally agree my man....Seems like Sheamus has sooo many haters and doubters that dont think he will stay champ. I see it differently. WWE has to keep him champ. Has to make him look legit. They pushed him so far so fast. He won a couple ECW squashes, came to RAW and ended Nobles career and then won the belt. Lightning quick success. And i dont mind it, i just dont think Sheamus losing helps him. Hes been looking dominant and i think Sheamus should lose the belt to a face at Mania.

I like Sheamus also , but see the reason why people don't accept him is because he doesn't deserve to be pushed this fast, he is not over with the crowd as he should be and on top of that his mic skills and in ring skills are decent at best. This is why everyone is having a hard time believing he could quite possibly main event WrestleMania , when he hasn't even beaten an established main eventer clean ONCE.

Now back to Edge, someone stated that Edge could have returned on SmackDown and not the Royal Rumble , I agree to an extent. I am happy he won the Royal Rumble but I am confused in the direction Edge is going to from here, at first I was expecting him to eliminate Y2J and himself , much like Orton and Mick in 2004 and then have a non-title match at Mania but now I am expecting Y2J to win the World Title at EC but knowing the WWE , anything could happen.

I like Sheamus also , but see the reason why people don't accept him is because he doesn't deserve to be pushed this fast, he is not over with the crowd as he should be and on top of that his mic skills and in ring skills are decent at best. This is why everyone is having a hard time believing he could quite possibly main event WrestleMania , when he hasn't even beaten an established main eventer clean ONCE.

Now back to Edge, someone stated that Edge could have returned on SmackDown and not the Royal Rumble , I agree to an extent. I am happy he won the Royal Rumble but I am confused in the direction Edge is going to from here, at first I was expecting him to eliminate Y2J and himself , much like Orton and Mick in 2004 and then have a non-title match at Mania but now I am expecting Y2J to win the World Title at EC but knowing the WWE , anything could happen.

I disagree with all that. Not over with the crowd? The whole place stands to boo this guy. Decent at best? Hes not even top 10 in WWE but hes better than decent. just havent been given alot of time to see him wrestle.

I disagree with all that. Not over with the crowd? The whole place stands to boo this guy. Decent at best? Hes not even top 10 in WWE but hes better than decent. just havent been given alot of time to see him wrestle.

Do they boo him because he is a heel or boo him because every RAW he beats his chest and goes AHHHHHHHHH , to end the show ?

If Sheamus were to turn face , he would still get booed , you know why?
Because he doesn't deserve to be in the position he is in right now , he is a decent wrestler , not lower and sure as hell not higher, proof? Watch his recent matches he gets destroyed throughout the match and then he hits a bicycle kick and his opponent is there laying in an awkward position.

Now imagine him facing Edge, Sheamus would not be a big enough name to get people to order WrestleMania.

I wouldn't mind seeing Edge VS Sheamus though , it has never been done before and seeing as how the current direction for Edge is unknown , I don't see why not but Edge is not desperately needed on RAW and Sheamus would be better of facing someone else in my opinion.

Do they boo him because he is a heel or boo him because every RAW he beats his chest and goes AHHHHHHHHH , to end the show ?

If Sheamus were to turn face , he would still get booed , you know why?
Because he doesn't deserve to be in the position he is in right now , he is a decent wrestler , not lower and sure as hell not higher, proof? Watch his recent matches he gets destroyed throughout the match and then he hits a bicycle kick and his opponent is there laying in an awkward position.

Now imagine him facing Edge, Sheamus would not be a big enough name to get people to order WrestleMania.

I wouldn't mind seeing Edge VS Sheamus though , it has never been done before and seeing as how the current direction for Edge is unknown , I don't see why not but Edge is not desperately needed on RAW and Sheamus would be better of facing someone else in my opinion.

Well ofcourse people wont be buying Mania to see EDGE/SHEAMUS. They'll be buying to see HBK/TAKER lets be honest. Thats why we all are. Also does it matter why they boo him? Every time his music drops i hear the building making noise. Its better than silence. I agree Sheamus doesnt deserve the spot. But hes there. And the only way to make him look strong is keep the belt on him. I cant see him surviving 4 other RAW superstars however at EC. So it dont matter, he probably wont even be champ.

Personally, I think Edge vs HHH is gonna main event Wrestlemania. It's an extremely fresh match for WWE, I can only remember them facing each other once and it would have a bigger match feel than the other choices.

I see HHH winning the WWE title at Elimination Chamber. People have been talking about Edge vs Jericho but I really don't see it. We all love Edge and Jericho but I really doubt Vince will think it is big enough to main event Wrestlemania, especially with the way Jericho has been booked lately.

I see them having a short feud with Edge going over at Elimination Chamber but I don't see it headlining Mania. It's just not that big of a match for the casual fan.

Edge was a ******ed choice to win the Royal Rumble. That's not a spam statement, whatever writer came up with that notion is borderline ******ed and should be fired. The WWE has now tied its first Wrestlemania in the new PG era around the "Rated R" Superstar, but that is besides the point. First, Edge already had a ready-made feud awaiting him with Jericho. As an undercard match, Edge v Jericho is phenomenal. As a main event (assuming Jericho wins the title at EC), it is not something i am excited to see. Second, we do not know if Edge can be a great face character, or even if he is returning as such. When HHH returned and won, he was a face because of the hype he received and because the only champ at the time was a heel. When Cena returned and won, he was already a great face. Now Edge returns and wins, i do not yet buy this guy as a face. Third, and i know i am going to take flack for this, Edge is not HHH and is not Cena. He is a great undercard worker but he is not a main eventer in the classic sense, no matter how many times WWE tries to force him down our throats.

This Royal Rumble was a slam dunk for WWE creatively. Edge returns, loses, then goes on a three month feud with Jericho. Either HHH, HBK or Cena wins the rumble then you have a lot of freedom to build storylines off of that (plus you get traction out of Shamus, he can win at EC then lose to either HHH or Cena with major build up). Now HHH or Cena might still fight Shamus, but it will not be the same as if he won the Rumble. WWE is now forced to put Edge in the main event, and probably forces jericho to win at EC. Because unless he's going to fight Shamus (a match no one wants to see), or he's going to turn heel (a complete creative waste), then his WM opponent will be Jericho. Creative really backed themselves into a corner.

I'm just glad Cena didnt win the Rumble. There are a million other ways he can main event WrestleMania, so he didnt need to win the Rumble.

I'm happy to see Edge back, but dont think he should've won the rumble. I think he should've had his feud with Jericho at WM then concentrated on the title.

Shawn shouldn't have won cuz there should not be another HBK-Taker match. The first one was about as perfect as a match can get...there is absolutely no way they will top it. I know the rematch is gonna happen anyway, but I refuse to hype myself up for a match that simply wont deliver on it's promise, so while everyone is disappointed that it wasnt as good as the first one, I'll be one of the few who will be sitting at home saying "oh well, good try."

HHH shouldn't have won because, let's face it, he can get whatever the hell he wants in the wwe, he doesnt need a Royal Rumble win to main event WrestleMania. He's kind of in the same boat as Cena.

Batista shouldn't have won cuz, well, I just dont like the guy, period. Everything he does on screen seems so forced, and it doesnt seem like he has the same heart that the rest of the roster has. I think he should pull a Lesnar or a Lashley and get into MMA..........actually, I take that back, he doesnt have the technical skill that Brock and Bobby do. He should just take a permanent leave.

And as for the rest of the roster, none of them are really ready to main event WM, although there are a few people I would've liked to see get a huge push. Kofi being one, and Evan Bourne being another, although I realize both of them are really only at Intercontinental/US title level at the moment.

So, I guess Batista should've won simply because I cant think of a legitimate reason for him not to have won.......but I just really dont like the guy. So if I had to choose somebody this year to win the rumble, I guess it would have to be:

Kane......c'mon, 11 rumble appearences and not a single win? Just give it to him already!!!:p

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back