Would Edge have won the Royal Rumble had he not been injured?

undertaker fan

Occasional Pre-Show
Do you think Edge would've won the Royal Rumble if he never have gotten injured?

I really don't think so I'm not going to say who I think would win but I don't think he would've won. I think Edge got a rub from being injured to headline wrestlemania and I don't think it's really fair to the other stars that he got to win because he was injured.

Now don't get me wrong, I was really happy win he came back and won. I was the main one chanting for Edge, but I just don't think it's right.

So what do you think would he have won if he didn't get injured win the Rumble or not?

What would be a better way to have Edge come back then win the Rumble? It makes a statement, that this guy was out for 9 months and on his first night back claim a main event spot at the biggest show in the business. The WWE changes their plans the day of an event the day of, its a constantly changing process. It was great booking imo. He is the Ultimate Opportunist and made the most of his opportunity.

I think there was a strong chance he would win the Rumble without being injured. The guy is supposed to be the "Ultimate Opportunist", it plays right into his character. Plus, you're not on the creative team so how sure can you be that he wasn't in the plans. I'm having trouble understanding how it wasn't "fair" to the other superstars. Edge is one of their longest tenured employees and has paid his dues and deserves everything he gets.

We'll never know.... but assuming that Edge never got injured, here is the scenario I think we would have seen and why I think Edge would still have won the rumble.

Edge and Jericho would form Rated Y2J (or whatever their team would be called) at Night of Champions, keep the belts as long as JeriShow did, and around Survivor Series they would begin to not trust each other anymore. Edge and Jericho split up to begin feuding with each other as soon as DX win the titles at TLC. Edge would still have spot #29 at the Rumble and would still win it, to lead into their Wrestlemania feud.

I think that the idea for Jericho and Edge to have a huge feud was already being planned by the time they won the tag team belts. It was going to lead into a long dominant reign (which we got with JeriShow instead) and then lead into an epic feud between Jericho and Edge (which we might still get if Jericho wins at Elimination Chamber) for Wrestlemania. It can still happen, and I bet that even if Edge never got injured he would still have won the Rumble because the feud with Jericho that many of us fans have wanted to see was probably already being planned that early on, and hopefully we will get to see it.

I'm not completely sure on this. I think that if he not had been injured, there would of been four top main eventers who would've won. John Cena, Edge, Randy Orton, or Kofi Kingston. The way that it worked out was perfect though. This is going to further set up the feud that imo I have been waiting for since they formed their tag team, way back when. I think that whoever had the most momentum going into the Royal Rumble would've won regardless though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back