• True

• False

• I Don't Even Care Anymore..

Results are only viewable after voting.

The Doctor

Great and Devious
Staff member
Super Moderator
So, tonight on RAW, we saw Vince McMahon fire Bret Hart, and appoint a new GM...who communicated via email and remained anonymous all night. Expectations that the GM would be revealed by night's end were dashed. On top of that, McMahon said that next week the new GM will have an announcement, which means something big could happen.

Two questions:
Who's the new GM?
and
What is the announcement?

If you ask me, the new GM could be anybody. But here are the candidates I most want:

Michael Cole
Cole was excellent as a heel during his Danielson feud. He cut a good promo, and with him being the guy to read the emails I think there could be a possibility he was appointed GM. He could have been falsely "sending" those emails.

Triple H
Vince seemed very close with the person on the phone. Triple H is his son-in-law, so of course they'd speak like that. Triple H would be an interesting GM as he stays out of the title picture and makes Sheamus' life hell. Or he could get the heel turn several have been begging for for years.

Wade Barrett
Unlikely? Maybe. But the way the GM described Vince in the email was very dramatic and descriptive, which works for Barrett. Barrett is inventive on the mic, talking about the Winds of Change. He uses imagery well. On top of that, Barrett could have put Vince in that match just so the Nexus would have a shot at him.

Daniel Bryan
Completely ridiculous longshot, I know, but a man can dream!

As for the announcement, I have no idea. I literally cannot think of what it could be, except for having something to do with The Nexus and the MITB PPV.

Those are my guesses. What are yours?

I'm going out on a limb, but what about Dwayne Johnson? He said before that he'd be working with/for the WWE during the summer, but not as a wrestler, but that he'd still get screen time. Combine all the shitty disney movies he's done and his amazing runs in the Attitude era and you've got somebody who literally appeals to every-fucking-body. It'd be awesome.

I'm leaning towards HHH just because on the phone the person asked Vince if he liked the surprise of making him the enforcer for the main event and he said yes but not to pull anymore surprises on him personally. DX and HHH were famous for their tricks and surprises they pulled on Vince. Also Sheamus is now the champion and the guy HHH is going to come for when he returns and seems to be one of the main targets of the NXT group now. HHH has long said he wants one last big heel turn and this would be a perfect fit. Yeah Sheaumus is technically a heel but you can do a short face turn by having him get beat down by the NXT group and get fan support that way.

Imagine this:

Next monday opens. All of a sudden Shawn Michaels music hits. He comes out in his cowboy hat, dances on the stage and makes his way to the ring. He gets in the ring and talks about how the WWE has gotten old. They need that influx of youth and he thinks that the NXT Generation is that shot in the arm they need. He was pissed with how his career ended and when Vince called him he figured it was his best shot at making a difference. The big announcement is that he is rehiring Bryan Danielson to the company and he's the first entrant into Raw's MITB match.

I know, I know. VERY SUPER MEGA highly unlikely but let's face it, Raw is kind of boring with dudes on the mic. So HBK would be a very entertaining GM and plus Vince could talk to him that way since they're pretty close. And think about it, it'd make sense for HBK seeing his family as well. In the next few months they're going to be taping Raw since they're going on the road and such so that means very few travel days so he could still be with his family. On top of that, he doesn't need to be at house shows, just the show itself. This would be a great way to get him back into the picture without ruining he's retired from wrestling, blah blah blah. I still think eventually he's the one who end's Takers run and he'll have 1 more run before he's out.

I can't see Vince making Michael Cole the GM. Well, I could because it would SUCK but I'm hoping to hell he doesn't. I think he learned from the Adamle debacle. Maybe it'll be Shane or Steph? Again, it works for traveling and such. Maybe it'll be Danielson. Let's just hope it's not Vickie or someone really obvious.

I actually think it may be Daniel Bryan.

I mean he is under a 90 day no compete clause correct? Doesn't that mean he can still be GM as long as he doesn't "compete"? This way it will stop Bryan from joining any other wrestling organizations and WWE can hold onto him. He could have a stint as GM throughout this summer and when his suspension is over he could go back to wrestling.
You never know :scratchchin:

Im also hoping it's someone like Paul Heyman. Wouldn't it be great to have him unveiled as GM and also be the leader of the NXT faction? This way he can run RAW the way he likes with these rookies because (I'm assuming) Mr. McMahon will be out of action for a while. Therefore leaving RAW entirely in his hands. It will be chaos for the rest of the locker room, and that's the kind of story they seem to have been building up for.

Now that is purely wishful thinking. I actually believe the Daniel Bryan one is a decent possibility.

My vote for the new GM is Jim Ross. Here's why.

Jim Ross loves the product and the company, but hates the travel. This feeds right in to the fact that the Anonymous GM e-mailed all of his decrees tonight. I envision a live feed from JR's neck of the woods that allows him to be involved, but do so from close to home (and probably at a discount to the company.)

WWE needs a quick-witted person who doesn't make too many gaffes on live tv. Am I the only one to realize the Bret Hart mistakenly said "WWF" on live television last week and this week he's gone? JR is more than acclimated to the live and sometime spontaneous nature of the production. Vince wouldn't have to worry much about him screwing up his lines.

Jim Ross is someone whom the "PG" viewers are familiar with and the Attitude fans respect. If Bret was a god way to bridge the gap, JR is a better way to bridge it. His face is recognizable and his passion for the show is ubiquitous.

Vince has a vested interest in JR's future. Kurt Angle, Taz, Ken Anderson, Jeff Hardy, Ric Flair, Mick Foley, etc, etc, etc. Go back to the attitude days and the list could be a thread of it's own. How many times has he dropped the ball with losing good talent? JR going to TNA would damage WWE's image bigtime. They're most passionate employee basically says "Yep.... this is where the future is." Any self respecting wrestling fan is going to lend a ton more credence to what TNA is trying to do right now, and to serve JR a cake gig on a silver platter would be probably the only way to secure him from "defecting" before TNA gives him "an offer he can't refuse" Don Corleone style.

JR knows talent and sees potential. Having him involved is an indispensably perceptive opinion on talent. With WWE going crazy pushing new people, they need someone who can see five steps ahead and identify the people who should carry the brand.

It's freaking JR. Had to add that because I'm an attitude era guy.

I guess you could also make a case for him being behind the NXT angle, but I'll let someone else spin the wheel on that. I will say that as far as a face on the show to reinstate him in a dignified yet cautious manner, JR is your pointman to re-instate Brian Danielson publically and cause the least amount of waves in the Network Exec and Senate Race pools.

If it's not JR I'd be surprised. He's the perfect guy for so many reasons.

Imagine this:

Next monday opens. All of a sudden Shawn Michaels music hits. He comes out in his cowboy hat, dances on the stage and makes his way to the ring. He gets in the ring and talks about how the WWE has gotten old. They need that influx of youth and he thinks that the NXT Generation is that shot in the arm they need. He was pissed with how his career ended and when Vince called him he figured it was his best shot at making a difference. The big announcement is that he is rehiring Bryan Danielson to the company and he's the first entrant into Raw's MITB match.

I know, I know. VERY SUPER MEGA highly unlikely but let's face it, Raw is kind of boring with dudes on the mic. So HBK would be a very entertaining GM and plus Vince could talk to him that way since they're pretty close. And think about it, it'd make sense for HBK seeing his family as well. In the next few months they're going to be taping Raw since they're going on the road and such so that means very few travel days so he could still be with his family. On top of that, he doesn't need to be at house shows, just the show itself. This would be a great way to get him back into the picture without ruining he's retired from wrestling, blah blah blah. I still think eventually he's the one who end's Takers run and he'll have 1 more run before he's out.

I can't see Vince making Michael Cole the GM. Well, I could because it would SUCK but I'm hoping to hell he doesn't. I think he learned from the Adamle debacle. Maybe it'll be Shane or Steph? Again, it works for traveling and such. Maybe it'll be Danielson. Let's just hope it's not Vickie or someone really obvious.

I agree, I don't want it to be Michael Cole either. But I wouldn't be suprised. Mike Adamle was a complete joke! But you can't really compare Cole and Adamle together. I mean Cole has been working with the WWE for quite a while now and we can hope he knows how to pronounce the wrestler's names by now lol

With the way WWE has been really trying to stay secretive, and changing things on the fly, I have no clue who the new GM could be. Michael Cole seems the most likely, at this time, due to his direct interaction with the new GM (even though he doesn't know who the person is). Cole seemed a little bit too chipper when making the announcements, almost as if he has something up his sleeve. With all that being said, I have no clue.

As to the announcement...once again, no clue. This is even more mysterious than the GM thing. Vince gave no indication as to what the announcement could even have to do with. I'm guessing it will have something to do with either the nXt guys, or the main event at MITB..or both.

How about Shane McMahon? Supposedly leaves the company abruptly a few months ago, without much of an explanation. Could have been a kayfabe disagreement with his father over the running of the company. A bitter Shane McMahon returns to destroy his father and his father's company (all kayfabe of course).

Other possibilities could be Stephanie McMahon, Jim Ross, or Michael Cole.

And of course there's always the possibility that there is no ringleader outside of the group, that they are simply a rogue group of disruptive and pissed off wrestlers acting (again kayfabe) of their own accord.

With the way WWE has been really trying to stay secretive, and changing things on the fly, I have no clue who the new GM could be. Michael Cole seems the most likely, at this time, due to his direct interaction with the new GM (even though he doesn't know who the person is). Cole seemed a little bit too chipper when making the announcements, almost as if he has something up his sleeve. With all that being said, I have no clue.

As to the announcement...once again, no clue. This is even more mysterious than the GM thing. Vince gave no indication as to what the announcement could even have to do with. I'm guessing it will have something to do with either the nXt guys, or the main event at MITB..or both.

Cole would be incredibly excited for the new GM to be JR. They are fellow announcers and JR mentored him (eventually kind of replacing him.) Thanks for openning my eyes to yet another circumstance that lends complete creedence to the new RAW gm being good ol' JR. "STONE COLD! STONE COLD! STONE COLD! STONE COLD! STONE COLD!" lol

i am thinking it could be the Rock, as someone else said Rock did mention some big idea forthe summer, not as a guest host but something better.

I think it would be awesome if the Rock was leading the NXTers maybe they could spin all the crap about Cena wanting the Rock into this Angle.

Who is the GM?

Is Shawn Michaels not that far-fetched an idea to no one else? Hart & HBK closure aside have had one of the largest rivalries in pro-wrestling history both in and out of the ring – if McMahon doesn't want to let go of the McMahon/Hart history, why ultimately let go of the McMahon/Hart/Michaels history to boot?

What is the announcement?

Not a clue?

Rock would be a horrible leader for NXT but he would make a great hero who came back to save the WWE character for a short run then once the angle is over go back to hollywood.

My vote for the new GM is Jim Ross. Here's why.

Jim Ross loves the product and the company, but hates the travel. This feeds right in to the fact that the Anonymous GM e-mailed all of his decrees tonight. I envision a live feed from JR's neck of the woods that allows him to be involved, but do so from close to home (and probably at a discount to the company.)

WWE needs a quick-witted person who doesn't make too many gaffes on live tv. Am I the only one to realize the Bret Hart mistakenly said "WWF" on live television last week and this week he's gone? JR is more than acclimated to the live and sometime spontaneous nature of the production. Vince wouldn't have to worry much about him screwing up his lines.

Jim Ross is someone whom the "PG" viewers are familiar with and the Attitude fans respect. If Bret was a god way to bridge the gap, JR is a better way to bridge it. His face is recognizable and his passion for the show is ubiquitous.

Vince has a vested interest in JR's future. Kurt Angle, Taz, Ken Anderson, Jeff Hardy, Ric Flair, Mick Foley, etc, etc, etc. Go back to the attitude days and the list could be a thread of it's own. How many times has he dropped the ball with losing good talent? JR going to TNA would damage WWE's image bigtime. They're most passionate employee basically says "Yep.... this is where the future is." Any self respecting wrestling fan is going to lend a ton more credence to what TNA is trying to do right now, and to serve JR a cake gig on a silver platter would be probably the only way to secure him from "defecting" before TNA gives him "an offer he can't refuse" Don Corleone style.

JR knows talent and sees potential. Having him involved is an indispensably perceptive opinion on talent. With WWE going crazy pushing new people, they need someone who can see five steps ahead and identify the people who should carry the brand.

It's freaking JR. Had to add that because I'm an attitude era guy.

I guess you could also make a case for him being behind the NXT angle, but I'll let someone else spin the wheel on that. I will say that as far as a face on the show to reinstate him in a dignified yet cautious manner, JR is your pointman to re-instate Brian Danielson publically and cause the least amount of waves in the Network Exec and Senate Race pools.

If it's not JR I'd be surprised. He's the perfect guy for so many reasons.

The more I ponder this the more I arrive at the conclusion that this is too perfect to ever happen. I cast a side-bet for Ted Dibiase buying the GM spot to establish his new gimmick and paint him as a coward behind all of the money.

JR as GM would be a message to me from WWE that they don't have their head completely up their behinds 24/7 and that they do occasionally come out for air :)

As much as I would like to see it being JR, I wouldn't bet on it. Just based off of JR's blogs before the NXT angle and Bret Hart being named GM, he's said before that he isn't going to be returning to TV anytime soon. Granted, this whole email thing could play into his statement of "not returning to TV anytime soon" but I can't see it being JR.

In my opinion, if there's one thing I've noticed when it comes to WWE and hyping up speculation and trying to hype up surprises, 9 times out of 10, they let me down. Look, no one knew NXT was going to invade that ending of Raw those couple weeks ago, and it was great! One of the more memorable endings they've had in years, because no one saw it coming, at all. Anytime there is hype about an "big announcement" it's never the same caliber of an NXT invading the end of Raw, if that makes sense.

Triple H being the GM just doesn't make much sense. He was attacked and taken out by Sheamus, and him returning as a GM just wouldn't work or make sense.

The Rock would be an extremely entertaining GM, but don't get your hopes up.

HBK? Could happen, but I remember reading that he is very happy with his time off.

Paul Heyman would be a great choice, if TNA was still on Monday nights and WWE wanted to destroy them even more.

I honestly think that it's going to end up being Michael Cole. Cole just draws heat. He's just like Vickie. The poor guy just can't get people to like him. If Cole ends up being the GM, then that could lead to JR coming back to the announce table on Raw...I'm hopeful for at least that.

But I could see this "anonymous email GM" thing going on for a couple more weeks. If King ends up questioning and getting suspicious of the emails and Cole and claiming that's not what it said, then Cole is either the GM or the NXT leader.

I'm going out on a limb, but what about Dwayne Johnson? He said before that he'd be working with/for the WWE during the summer, but not as a wrestler, but that he'd still get screen time. Combine all the shitty disney movies he's done and his amazing runs in the Attitude era and you've got somebody who literally appeals to every-fucking-body. It'd be awesome.

Completely forgot about Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. Definitely a great possibility. Though if NXT1 guys are connected to this new GM than I can't see Dwayne being the mastermind. Somehow just doesn't fit his image nowadays. Plus with a new movie coming up I don't see Dwayne's and the movie's publicist and the movie distributors wanting any heat for its movie or its stars.

Something tells me it may be HHH. It could be a good story, HHH being the mastermind of this whole NXT thing. Thus pitting HHH vs Vince for the control of RAW/WWE. Could be a hot story leading up to the place where it all began, Miami, Florida, at Survivor Series. Could be a good way to writing off Vince's character and thus ushering and cementing this new generation movement.

wow so many choices......

HHH..........the logical choice in my opinion. I would think the new GM was behind the attack tonight obviosuly, so it has to be someone who Vince cant fire the way he fired Brett. Which almost makes it seem like it has to be someone in the family, something that can be easily explained. They took Vince out to take over entirely. So HHH/Stephanie Mcmahon makes a lot of sense.

but theres also a lot of fun choices

The Rock...........would be a great explanation for destroying Cena every time, could explain the Rock got tired of Cena calling him out in the media

Shawn Micheals.....doesnt have to be on TV every week, they could probably set them up cameras at his house, not logical but would be great

Paul Heyman......would be the perfect mouthpiece for the group and would love to destroy Vince, dreamng but you never know....

Jim Ross..........dont think it should be him but it wouldnt bother me, whos been abused by vince more than good ol JR ?

I say we dont get it announced for awhile, next weeks announcement is just something for money in the bank PPV. And when the time is right id take 2-1 on Trips !!

As much as I would like to see it being JR, I wouldn't bet on it. Just based off of JR's blogs before the NXT angle and Bret Hart being named GM, he's said before that he isn't going to be returning to TV anytime soon. Granted, this whole email thing could play into his statement of "not returning to TV anytime soon" but I can't see it being JR.

In my opinion, if there's one thing I've noticed when it comes to WWE and hyping up speculation and trying to hype up surprises, 9 times out of 10, they let me down. Look, no one knew NXT was going to invade that ending of Raw those couple weeks ago, and it was great! One of the more memorable endings they've had in years, because no one saw it coming, at all. Anytime there is hype about an "big announcement" it's never the same caliber of an NXT invading the end of Raw, if that makes sense.

Triple H being the GM just doesn't make much sense. He was attacked and taken out by Sheamus, and him returning as a GM just wouldn't work or make sense.

The Rock would be an extremely entertaining GM, but don't get your hopes up.

HBK? Could happen, but I remember reading that he is very happy with his time off.

Paul Heyman would be a great choice, if TNA was still on Monday nights and WWE wanted to destroy them even more.

I honestly think that it's going to end up being Michael Cole. Cole just draws heat. He's just like Vickie. The poor guy just can't get people to like him. If Cole ends up being the GM, then that could lead to JR coming back to the announce table on Raw...I'm hopeful for at least that.

But I could see this "anonymous email GM" thing going on for a couple more weeks. If King ends up questioning and getting suspicious of the emails and Cole and claiming that's not what it said, then Cole is either the GM or the NXT leader.

Cheers man! I must've missed that update, but I do agree that these "e-mails" could continue for an indefinate amount of time. GM revealed on a PPV maybe? WWE may let us down, but I must say they try their best to push through all of the internal bureaucracy to deliver the best product and keep the employees content.

Could I see Cole? Yes. It would make sense as they were trying to pull him out of the chair and in front of the camera with Bryan, and if there was a direction with Cole with that angle then all of a sudden beginning and applying Cole to this Phantom GM gimmick would save that direction.

well everyone is leaning toward Jr, hbk, or triple h. all three good choices but i really think that THE ROCK might surprise us. cause he did say he wanted a non guest host role for the summer and him being GM wouldn't hurt his acting career maybe even improve it cause honestly how many of us actually went and seen a rock movie since get smart which he only had a minor/major role in. and Vince has the money to pay rock alot and i can see the rock saying yes to a non wrestling role that paid good. cause now that the wwe is pg it would do wonders for his pg acting career cause none of his pg movies have not done any good for his acting career and going back to his roots for the summer and going back to acting after summerslam. he would be the best pick out of anyone
i hope next weeks raw ends with michael cole getting an email say can you smell what the new GM is cooking lol
sorry for my poor grammer and not stayin on the topic completely. please dont spam me as this is my first post here thanks

I'd say either Triple H or HBK with the one who isn't GM the one who is fully responsible for the NXT 7. It would fit even better if HBK was the leader as Bryan Danielson is a former student of his, which would make HBK send NXT7 out to attack WWE for firing Daniel Bryan.

I just had an epiphany! It's Psycho Sid, Ole Anderson, Macho Man and Jake Roberts behind the NXT revolution!!!!

Haha okay I've said my piece and now I've had my fun. I'll check back tomorrow and see where this conversation goes. My first discussion and I'm posting like crazy.

Go for it WZers!

How can it be Michael Cole? Vince got a phone call during a segment where Cole was commentating. It doesn't make sense. My vote is Triple H.

HHH is to me the most logical but Cole could still be it. We don't really know that Vince was talking to someone on the phone. It could be a way to throw people off.

And as for the stuff with Bret people have been talking about. He was just a transitional GM. Bret wasn't cut for the job really, he lost all ability to handle the mic, slipping up with the WWE/WWF thing for a few weeks now, which cost the company money due to World Wildlife Fund having soul trademark over the WWF name. Don't get me wrong I love Bret but it would of been best for him to just stick with managing the Hart Dynasty.

And lastly the whole dream of HBK returning next week, although cool and I would like it, We all know it aint going to happen.

One last name to trough in the hat, JBL. Just because I would love to see him back. Not to mention the massive clotheslines Skip Sheffield has been doing reminds me of the "Wrestling God's" Clothesline From Hell.

It's Stephanie McMahon Helmsley! Vince knew who was on phone with seemly very well, as he trusted them enough to put them enough to allow the GM to put him in the main event as the ref!! Plus vince said that he was partially responcible for the attacks, why would he say that only to beat up!! For months there has been talk about killing the "Mr McMahon" character! Who better to get the best of Vince than the billion dollar princess!

There are a lot of options. Danielson would be interesting, but I really doubt it. The Rock would be incredible. If his music hit while I was watching, I might faint. I mark out just thinking of what it would be like. With that said, it is also unlikely. Maybe a little more likely than Danielson, but I still dont see it happening. Heres what I think...

1. Triple H - It makes sense. He was taken out by Sheamus, and now Sheamus is the champ. He hires the NXT7/Nexus, knowing they would go after the champ. Even the way that Vince was talking on the phone to the mysterious GM had me thinking it was HHH. This is my best guess.

2. Jim Ross - He hasnt been seen in a while on TV, but he still has a contract with WWE. I would accept it and enjoy it. I just dont see where they could go with making him GM.

3. Abraham Washington - I read a report around the time that they made Bret the GM that they were planning on making him the new GM. Maybe they scratched it for the time being because word got out, and now they plan on going through with it. Highly unlikely, but theres a chance.

4. Someone we dont know - You never know.

These are my top guesses, but I really dont know who it could be. I'm leaning towards HHH, but that might be too predictable for the current WWE. As for the announcement, I have no clue. All I know is that I cant wait for next week.

If the new GM is JR, we won't see anything on his jrsbarbq.com blog about it, no denials etc. I don't think HBK, but its possible. I'm thinkin shane and/or stephanie and/or hhh. TNA hasn't fired or released any big guys lately and frankly I have no idea, unless its sgt slaughter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back