[Official] 2nd Bi-Annual Rock Tournament Spam Thread

Shit Iron Maiden, I beg forgivness.

I guess Lemmy, Phil Lynott and (maybe) Duff McKagan will make it in.

Lemmy is under Frontmen, as is Phil Lynott from memory. And if anyone says Sid Vicious should be in the Bassist Category they should be slapped as hard as possible by all the people within 100 metre radius. He couldn't play bass to save himself.

And Sid was that drug fucked and useless that Lemmy couldn't teach him how to play bass when he asked lemmy to teach him.

Paul Simonon should be nominated for bass and Topper Headon should be nominated for Drums.

And Sid was that drug fucked and useless that Lemmy couldn't teach him how to play bass when he asked lemmy to teach him.

sid-vicious1.jpg

I'd like to see Nicky Wire and Mike Inez in there, if nothing else to satisfy my fanboyism

X and I will be agreeing on the names that are completely ommitted being just an insane number. Jello Biafra probably being one of them.

As for Drummer I will put Brann Dailor from Mastodon up there as a contender.

Jello should have definitely made it, as should have David Johannsen of The New York Dolls. And I'm not a Mastodon fan, but I can totally support Dailor's nomination.

He's making the classic mistake of thinking that because Meg White plays 4-4 beats and nothing else, she must be shit. Of course, there's never been a blues rock song in history with a Keith Moon style drum beat, but y'know, she's shit because she doesn't do drum fills.

Quite a bit of rock on that list

What IC said above. The artists that made the lost that could be considered more than just rock or something different, like Michael Jackson, have had huge influences on what rock would become and transcended genres. There are very few hip hop artists that fit that criteria, if that's what you were getting at.

I'm seeking nominations for guitarists either in this thread or via PM. If you nominate a guitarist from a band or someone lesser known, please include with whom they have played. Thank you all!

If people put a top 7 or something, I will happily collate it and send it to IC, so he can put the most popular ones in. Don't put people like Hendrix, George Harrison etc. in it, because they'll obviously get in. E.g.:

1. Johnny Marr (Smiths/Modest Mouse/The Cribs)
2. Graham Coxon (Blur)
3. Carl Barat (Libertines/Dirty Pretty Things)
4. Bernard Butler (Suede)
5. James Dean Bradfield (Manic Street Preachers)
6. Donna Matthews (Elastica)
7. John Squire (Stone Roses)

If people put a top 7 or something, I will happily collate it and send it to IC, so he can put the most popular ones in. Don't put people like Hendrix, George Harrison etc. in it, because they'll obviously get in. E.g.:

1. Johnny Marr (Smiths/Modest Mouse/The Cribs)
2. Graham Coxon (Blur)
3. Carl Barat (Libertines/Dirty Pretty Things)
4. Bernard Butler (Suede)
5. James Dean Bradfield (Manic Street Preachers)
6. Donna Matthews (Elastica)
7. John Squire (Stone Roses)

I was gonna say Slash but I think he's fairly obvious.

Sheesh I need to narrow them down a bit but here's my list.

1. Jerry Cantrell (Alice In Chains)
2. Hillel Slovak (Red Hot Chili Peppers)
3. John Frusciante (Red Hot Chili Peppers)
4. Kim Thayil (Soundgarden)
5. Dave Navarro (Jane's Addiction/Red Hot Chili Peppers)
6. Dimebag Darrel (Pantera)
7. Mike McCready (Pearl Jam/Temple Of The Dog/ Mad Season)
8. Lenny Kravitz
9. Prince
10. James Dean Bradfield (Manic Street Preachers)
11. John Squire (Stone Roses)

I'm not totally sure if I should say Kurt Cobain and/or Bradley Nowell because their in the frontman category, also to satisfy my markdom I'd list Richey Edwards of Manics fame.

I was gonna say Slash but I think he's fairly obvious.

Sheesh I need to narrow them down a bit but here's my list.

1. Jerry Cantrell (Alice In Chains)
2. Hillel Slovak (Red Hot Chili Peppers)
3. John Frusciante (Red Hot Chili Peppers)
4. Kim Thayil (Soundgarden)
5. Dave Navarro (Jane's Addiction/Red Hot Chili Peppers)
6. Dimebag Darrel (Pantera)
7. Mike McCready (Pearl Jam/Temple Of The Dog/ Mad Season)
8. Lenny Kravitz
9. Prince
10. James Dean Bradfield (Manic Street Preachers)
11. John Squire (Stone Roses)

I'm not totally sure if I should say Kurt Cobain and/or Bradley Nowell because their in the frontman category, also to satisfy my markdom I'd list Richey Edwards of Manics fame.

I'll put Richey at number one if you do. Then he'll probably get in. It'll be enough to bring him out of hiding. Or back from the dead, as he almost certainly is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back