Official 24 Thread: V.2

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
Bad ass, just bad ass. This show is coming back, and finally, finally I'm going to have something entertaining to watch consistently on Monday Nights once again.

We last left Jack Bauer at the edge of the ocean, emotionally and physically worn out, having lost everything he cared about. While Season 6 is seen as probably the weakest season thus far, strange fate occurs.

The Writer's Strike. A blessing in disguise for this show. 24 needed a break, a complete change of location and story structure, and the Writer's Strike has provided an almost year and a half long wait between seasons, which will get the fan base back up to a fever pitch.

Day 7 starts in January, with the return of Tony Almeida, which Tony vs. Jack has enough of a storyline to last 2 or 3 seasons. It's amazing that they pulled this off, considering Tony's death in Day 5 being one of the most powerful moments in the show.

This seasons looks to be a play on "Live Free or Die Hard" with the intensity of a personal grudge of a "Goldeneye". I for one am pumped. Plus, Fox has done us right, we don't have to wait until January. In November, 24:Exile, a made for TV movie will air bridging the gap between Day 6 and Day 7. I for one am pumped.

I was really bummed out as well about the writer's strike at first, but I'm in 100% agreeance with you that it was the best thing the show needed. Season 6 was great right until Graem's death. After that, the entire season nosedived into formulaic garbage, with horrible subplots, and Morris going from an amusing character to the point where I wanted to throw my remote whenever he was on screen.

I'm excited about the two hour movie in the fall that's going to set up season 7. I'm psyched Tony is back as well. I can't wait to see how they explain him being alive, and how he's turned his back on his country, and if done right, he could very well be the best villain in the history of the show.

I'm also glad about the fact that Jon Voight is also going to be a villain on the show this year. He's such a great actor, and I'm sure he'll be great in the role. I just wish that dreadful Janeane Garofalo had no involvement with this show at all.

I am a massive 24 fan, and I honestly cant wait for it to come back. The direct to TV Movie is going to be something really special to wet our appetites for the new season. I agree with Shocky that the show needed a break, it was becoming really, really stale. They were having to kill of lovable characters to keep people watching, it seemed as though the show was going around in circles and honestly I thought the "cliff hanger" at the end of day 6 was an absolute joke, although the scenes leading up to it with Jack and Heller were fucking awesome.

I've always been a big fan of Tony... and I'm really hoping they dont go the predictable route of having him either a) undercover or b) have him turn good half way through the season, if he is going to be a bad guy leave him like it, he has the reason to be fucked up and no doubt there will be some kind of abandonment issue with him and the american government etc...

I am also a huge 24 fan and I cannon't wait for it to come back. I don't think it needed a break but it makes it so much better cause everyone is waiting. But this better be the best season ever because they had over 2 years to film it. I have a feeling Tony is good but he needs money or something with the government turning on him. I think Bauer will help him and end up have CTU track HIM down.

Just on the three page rule hence the bump...

I am actually pretty excited for 24 season 7 and quite excited for 24: Redemption (previously called exile). It will air on 23rd November in the US and that very special date of the 24th November for the UK showing (could I get a better birthday present?).

An extended DVD is due for release on 25th November (US) and 1st Dec (UK) and will have the3 first 16 minutes of season 7.

The redemption plot is as follows;
The storyline takes place on Inauguration Day for the next U.S. President, Allison Taylor, and is shot partially in South Africa."Jack is a soul in turmoil and has been moving from place to place trying to find somewhere he can be at peace," says co-executive producer, Manny Coto. "But he winds up in Africa in the middle of a military coup." Meanwhile, Bauer is subpoenaed to appear before the Senate hearing while in Africa, but doesn't want to go. This is set in the fictional country of Sangala,

Now if that does not wet your 24 appetite I don't know what will. I think I'm going to rewatch 24 day 6 on DVD before this. Redemption will be quite interesting as it's set in Africa and is 2 hours long, I am assuming it is not real time (although I can't find information to say either way) and from the clips I have seen, it doesn not seem to be very "24ish," I just hope this is not the jumping of the shark.

Bauer's back.

OK if you haven't watched 24: redemption STOP RIGHT NOW GO AND WATCH IT. Come back, and then read this post. It has aired in the UK and the USA therefore it's not classed as a spoiler.

So after the sheer excitement of hearing that 24:redemption had been put forward a week to the 24th November (the day of my birth) I thought wow, I couldn't have wanted a better programme to watch.

Did I enjoy it? YES, I genuinely thought it was one of the best episodes of 24 yet, the plot, the emotion, the build up to season 7, it was great. Some new characters too;

Jack; Obviously not a main character, but I liked his development in these two hours. I knew he'd eventually go into the embassy to save the kids. That and a kill count of 10+ is pretty sweet.

Carl Benton; Robert Carlyle was a nice surprise in this movie. I didn't like how it's another one of Jack's friends from the past he has never mentioned, but I liked his character and ultimate sacrifice.

President Anne Taylor; I must admit I was very skeptical about her before I saw this episode, but she won me over. She seems a very level headed Palmer esque president, and her speech at the end with the images of what was going on was great.

Roger Taylor; No not the drummert from queen, but the presidents son. Another character who won me over, inititally I was thinking he'd be a rubbish character, by the end of the episode I was rooting for him.

Jonas Hodges; This is how you build a character. He was in two, maybe three scenes. You know he'll be one of the main bad guys in season 7, and you can't help but think what's going on. Having John Voight play him is a good choice.

There was one thing missing in this episode and that was an Aaron Pierce cameo, but an all round great episode. Roll on January and day 7!

OK so day 7 has started...at the moment I think both the US and the UK have had two hours. If the US has had more, could you please just comment from 8-10am...If you comment on 10-12 can you post it in spolers please?

I really enjoyed these episodes and the story with Tony is looking quite good and is actually believable.

My main shock was finding out Roger Taylor had committed suicide...obviously this is somehow linked into Jonas Hodges. I was very surprised with this decision.

I'm liking the Renee Walker, but I'm not liking the two FBI people who work on teh computers...the sooner Chloe's in the better!

Well the first four hours are in the book and this was simply one of the better openings to a season of any show I have ever seen. The Tony Jack angle was done to perfection. The end result, Tony working Deep Cover, and the remnants of CTU running Black Ops to find out what the hell is really going on, that's a damn good storyline.

I love the questioning thus far of torture as a means of interogation, and the legality surrounding it. The moral question of, is it worth destroying an "evil" person physically and mentally to save the greater number of innocents, even if it means breakign the law. My personal feeling is, hell yes torture someone, but that's my opinion.

It has the making of a good season thus far, and hopefully this keeps up and doesn't get too ridiculous like Day 6 ended up being.

Looks like Jack Bauer might not be invincible after all.

Not only did 24 executive producer Howard Gordon tell reporters he might very well "blow up the whole world" and Jack Bauer with it, but he's also talking about doing a big-screen 24 movie that will happen when the Fox series ends—and that end might come sooner than you think.

"My hope is to go after the eighth season," Gordon tells us, "and Keifer and I have talked about it, and I think that’s sort of what we’re aiming for."

Wait a minute. Does 24 really only have one season left? And could Jack Bauer really die? Here's what Kiefer Sutherland and company tell me...

"I don't know. I take it one day at a time," Gordon says when asked if he really plans to call it quits on 24 after season eight.

"I think we came to the conclusion," Gordon explains, "and I think we’re in agreement with Fox that the only way we’re going to do it is after the show’s over. I don’t think a big-screen 24 works while Jack is on TV."

Fair enough. But they're not really going to blow up the whole world and Jack Bauer with it, right?

"We realize now that [Jack's] more a human being than we really thought," says executive producer Jon Cassar. "He's not the Superman everyone thinks he is."

According to Kiefer, Jack's end is not preordained, but he does have to go sometime: "I see [Jack] as a really human figure, and I think there is something innately tragic about people. I think there is no winning. We're all going to die. There's something kind of sad in that, and yet there's something really beautiful and hopeful."

In the meantime, Kiefer will just keep kicking ass on Monday nights on Fox during the current seventh season, which premiered on Sunday.

He'll also keep shouting Jack Bauer's favorite word. "Dammit has just become every expletive that you can’t use on television rolled into one," Kiefer says with a laugh.

Oh the humanity, say it isn't so. Well as the old saying goes, all good things must come to an end, but for me, this would honestly suck. I understand though. Kiefer is no spring chicken, and doing a show like this for 8 years pretty much limits your options. I'm sure Fox would love to keep it going if the ratings continue to work out, but I like the idea of ending a show before the show is forced out.

24 for me is the best show i've ever watched. It's the single reason why Monday Night Raw gets watched on Tuesday Afternoons instead of Monday Nights. The show is simply phenomenal, and it's sad to realize that we are closer to the end then we are the beginning. Enjoy this show while it last, it's a true gem

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back