Odd Comparisons - Nexus & The Nation

THEpapachamp

YOUR POST IS GONNA GET GOT!!!
Hear me out here, Has the Nexus followed almost the same road as The Nation of Domination with the exception of there debut?

Let's examine a little closer..

- The Nation was a group lead by there leader Ron Simmons who dictated the factions every action.
- The Nexus was a group lead by there leader Wade Barrett who dictated the factions every action.

- The Nation gained a new member who went to overthrow the leader (The Rock)
- The Nexus gained a new member who went to overthrow the leader (CM Punk)

- The Nation would gain the World's Strongest Man Mark Henry introduced by The Rock
- The Nexus would gain a powerhouse in Mason Ryan introduced by CM Punk

- The Nexus broke off into different factions (Nexus/Corre)
- The Nation broke off into different factions (Nation/DOA/Los Boriquas)

- All of the different factions died off (Corre/DOA/Los Boriquas)

- The leader of the New Nation (The Rock) left to become a face and WWE Champion
- The leader of the New Nexus (CM Punk) left to become a "face" and WWE Champion

- The New Nation then consisted of a forgotten Tag Team of D-lo Brown & Mark Henry
- The New Nexus then consisted of a forgotten Tag Team of David Otunga &
Michael McGillicutty

Is this just a coincidence? or does this prove that WWE writers don't have what it takes to build story-lines for stables in the WWE anymore?

your thoughts?

No, not all. You're over-thinking this completely. Every stable is built almost the exact same way. NWO added the Giant and Steiner. Evolution (Flair and HHH) added Batista and Orton. The NWO had the forgotten B-team.

Besides, CM Punk was never in the group while Barrett was. Rock was in the group for a while before he became the leader. And also, CM Punk had already been a 3-time World champ before he took over.

Yeah those are some pretty good comparisons, but The Nexus were actually a bigger faction than The Nation, Nexus were a serious threat to the entire company and made Cena's career a living hell when they forced him to join them, Nexus just had a bigger impact to be honest, but then it all got ruined when they became "The New Nexus".

What the?

Factions always have power guys and a tag team.

How does Punk and Rock becoming stars, show that the WWE doesn't know how to book stables?

Everything in wrestling goes away eventually.

Evolution was led by HHH. DX was led by Shawn, then HHH. Factions are almost always led by someone.

Your looking WAY too much into this.

Wow, that this topic actually popped into anyone's mind to even ponder is beyond me. Faction is a faction is a faction, they all work the same. I also have never seen any place except this board where the NoD even gets mentioned, its a very strange obsession with that group around here. They weren't exactly breaking any ground or doing anything original, and as for Nexus, that was one of the biggest jokes ever. Giant angle to start off.....dead by Summerslam. I guess one comparison you could make is how WWE seems to never know how to handle a stable of guys and close them out properly when the run is over. It just kind of seems like they sputter out and aren't mentioned anymore. One day Nexus exists, Punk gets a push and its like they never existed. Same with NoD, one day they are there, Rock gets a push and next thing you know its just D Lo and Mark Henry and Rock squashes them into oblivion. I guess I just never even thought of comparing the two because its not a thing I would waste any time wondering about.

LOL the hardcore kid, i have to say ur post is my favorite. and for the conspiracy of the comparison, u actually make good points but to be honest all factions are a lot a like, theres a leader, theirs a tag team and u can have a mid card guy their. just like evulution HHH was leader, RKO was mid card Botchista and flair were the tag team. u cant have a faction with 2 guys

Good point.... By the way, have you noticed that every romance movie has some guy meeting this lady and they start to like each other... I mean come on, when are we gonna see something new... And the action movies with the same old good guy and bad guys and all the predictable fights and explosions... And everytime they make a western movie you just know that a Cowboy is gonna come into the story sooner or later... Where's the originality. lmao

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back