Is Otunga Taking The Role Of The Rock ???

thelegacywillremain1

Dark Match Winner
Now im a real wrestling fan and in no way im saying david otunga is the rock .The Rock is my favorite Wrestler of all time time and '' the best damn intercontinental champion there ever was'' but ive been watching otunga in the past few months and i see how he's talking more and disagreeing with wade barrett and acting more like a leader and it reminds me of how the rock was when he was in the nation of domination. i can see otunga turing nexus on punk and becoming the new leader of nexus and then using them to catapult is own career.and IMO i think it's gonna happen in the next few months what do ya'll think ??

I was sent here by the STP, you probably don't know who they are, but I'm shocked to say that I'm inclined to agree with you expcept replacing "The Rock" with "next big face". The idea is that Otunga is going to get over somehow unbenownst to me and become a mega-face, and so far in the nexus he has been the guy showing the most-face like characteristics.

So I suppose that is the difference, because when the Rock was in the nation of domination he didn't turn face there, he just took leadership and became face at a later date. Otunga on the other hand looks more like he is going to defect from a heel group and become face in the process. But I can see the similarity your striking up. I'm there with you until "it reminds me of how the rock was when he was in the nation of domination." And after that when you talk about how otunga will challenge Punk for leadership you lost me, I think the WWE realises Nexus won't survive if it isn't led by someone accomplished and a proven leader. If Otunga took charge nexus would be dead and buried within a month.

I'm starting to get very frustrated now because dear god does nobody write stupid threads anymore, seems everyone has at least the smallest bit of intelligence. If people don't start acting up soon I'm going to have to bust people for the wrong reasons. It's ok the real police do it!

Now im a real wrestling fan and in no way im saying david otunga is the rock.

Thank fuck for that. The Rock is better than him in every way.

The Rock is my favorite Wrestler of all time time and '' the best damn intercontinental champion there ever was''

True.

but ive been watching otunga in the past few months and i see how he's talking more and disagreeing with wade barrett and acting more like a leader

You're a couple of weeks late. Barrett's out of the Nexus now and Otunga's now incredably loyal to CM Punk.

and it reminds me of how the rock was when he was in the nation of domination.

It shouldn't. Maybe if Punk hadn't come it could have played out like that, but it won't here. Otunga's reverted to loyal lapdog. Note how he was the first one to attack McGillicutty and Harris and then take Show's beating, rather than being the guy who said "fuck this" and walking off like Slater and Gabriel.

i can see otunga turing nexus on punk

What would be the point of that? He can't belefit from leading the Nexus like Barrett and Punk can. Barrett used the Nexus to get over to the point where he's a bonafide main eventer, Punk's using the Nexus as a backdrop to his feud with John Cena. Otunga is someone who still can't wrestle and will be spending a lot of free time learning how to fucking wrestle and isn't ready for a high level position.

With Punk at the helm of Nexus it has a purpose, with Otunga it doesn't.

and becoming the new leader of nexus

what would be the point, and what would be the gain? Otunga isn't moving up the card any time soon. He's not good enough at any aspect of being a wrestler.

and then using them to catapult is own career.and IMO i think it's gonna happen in the next few months what do ya'll think ??

I think there's more chance of my shit turning into soap than there is of David Otunga going over CM Punk and "bering catapaulted" up the card and into a major role in the company any time soon.

i guess you guys didnt understand when i said the past few months ive been watching him i didnt say in the past week the nexus storyline has to end somehow and i really dont think otunga is loyal to punk he's the type of guy to get over he wont be turing face no time soon if he did that he would get no reaction and you know it

i guess you guys didnt understand when i said the past few months ive been watching him i didnt say in the past week

and what happened each and every time he tried something without Barrett's consent? He failed miserably and usually got beaten down.

the nexus storyline has to end somehow

Yes it does, but Otunga being given any kind of leading role is not ever going to happen. It's more likely just to end slowly after Punk vs Cena, it's pretty close to its expiry date.

and i really dont think otunga is loyal to punk

He's sure as hell acting like he is, and it appears to me that he was the one who got Punk into the Nexus.

he's the type of guy to get over he wont be turing face no time soon

Very true, but that's a shit reason to give him control of The Nexus.

if he did that he would get no reaction and you know it

He's going to struggle for a reaction as a heel too. He won't be given much ring time because, ya know he's shit. And because of that he's not going to be given many opportunities to speak.

i never you were a writer in wwe

What?

i guess you know when people are gonna get a push why dont you tell me who is gonna win the RR so i can bet on it

I don't write for WWE, I am just in full posession of my brain which is telling me that there's no way in hell that Otunga who can't wrestle and barely speak is going to be given a major role any time soon.

In conclusion:

[YOUTUBE]5hfYJsQAhl0[/YOUTUBE]

Personally I don't see Otunga overthrowing Punk as leader of Nexus, if they were to do that it would have made much more sense when Barrett was calling the shots. As mentioned before Otunga seems happy with Punk as their new leader and I don't see a mutiny happening anytime soon. I'm sure when he eventually splits off he will try to use his involvement with Nexus to catapult him to bigger and better things, but that probably wont happen for a while (at least until Wrestlemania).

Side Note: One thing I've noticed though is the WWE really wants Otunga to be a big superstar as he has a lot of intangibles that help him (like mic skills, looks, being married to a hollywood actress, things like that). He obviously needs alot of work right now, but I wouldn't be surprised if the WWE tries to make Otunga into the next Rock. It'll never happen but I think WWE might try to make it happen.

I think we're all forgetting something. For a little while The Rock was a lapdog to Farooq for believing he was "racially profiled" by the higher powers in the then WWF. However, a huge difference is the loss or non factors of other gangs or factions to feud with. Nexus has only been around since June and it took The Rock a whole year almost before he usurped Farooq. If WWE were to follow the same formula we'd have to wait a little while longer. However, Otunga would have to have as a leader of nexus a strong personal feud with someone a la stone cold, a rival gang faction to fight with i.e. DX, and at least one to two title runs with a mid level title US or intercontinental. Have a great day all!

Bout the only thing Otunga and the Great one have in common is the first film offer Otunga gets he'll be on the next plane to LAX and never step foot in the squared circle again...

Steamboat: Do you have to break down EVERYTHING he says, line by line? Also, do you have to be such an ass about it? Ugh. Seriously, grow up.

Now to the matter at hand, Legacy, I see your point. However, I do not think that Otunga will be the able to use Nexus in the way that The Rock used the Nation. I just don't see him as a big enough star yet (in WWE). He also doesn't have the greatest wrestling ability. However, the man is oozing with Charisma. Give it a few more months (maybe until the end of the year?) and he'll be a successful singles star.

I did think Otunga would be the one to turn face and abandon Barrett and the Nexus, I had the feeling that WWE thought of him as the future star and big name player.

But now I am not so sure. Apart from his physique, Otunga has very little going for him and has little or no crowd reaction. As Punk has now taken over control of Nexus, I think Otunga will stay as a secondary player in the faction for a long while, unless he switches to Smackdown to join up with Barrett again.

Otunga sucks, and I hope that he shows significant improvement before he is pushed in the WWE

No not the Rock!!But maybe a Miz/MVP..I could see them giving a pipers pit type show to do..he has a similar background as the Miz,and a famous wife..he is a vey small Name,but a small name is better than a no-name.he needs atleast 2-3 years to improve
in the ring so if WWE has plans to do big things i would keep him out of the ring as much as u can..let him do a talk show.let5 him do a tag team..they did the same with MiZ & it worked,so David has a better look/build so it could work with him if they take there time...but they CANNOT rush it..

!!just 1 mans opinion!!

i swear this exact thing has been a thread before lol
but i see where youre coming from but i just can't see otunga getting that big, he will probably be bigger than he deserves to be but i don't think he'll be that big

listen im not sayin he will be as big as the rock no wrestler today will be maybe cena or orton im saying wwe is takin that same route to make him a star by putting him in a group and showing that he has a back bone the rock was with the nation for a full year before he turned on ron simmons when the rock 1st came he was a NOBODY it took vince to put him in the nation to make something outta the great one when the new nexus starts to see punk is just using them i bet otunga is the 1st to do something about it

I see what you're getting at, and I honestly never thought of it that way before, but I see it now. Good thinking outside the box, btw.

And let me get this out of the way for the people thinking he means he's going to be the next Rock. The thread states TAKING THE ROLE OF, not "trying to be", the Rock.

I can see this as an idea that they may have been attempting, but I also can confidently say it wouldn't have worked like they had hoped if that was their intention. They could have been using the same formula, sure, but Otunga could never pull it off like the Rock did. It could be a good way for him to get that initial "face" pop, but they would have to do something big to keep that ball rolling. Well, that and he would have to tweak his personality. His facial expressions, to me, just scream of a frustrated child more than an inwardly torn individual. I keep waiting to see him stomp to the back, cross his arms, and pout in a corner.

I do think that it's possible they might have thought about using the same formula, and maybe did try. But I see them as probably having changed their mind, this being evident by the changing of the guard between Punk and Barrett. It almost appeared like that direction was what they were going towards, but when they saw that there was no way it was going to be pulled off very well, they switched gears.

I could see that if they had kept that direction going he could have been more of a Virgil, not a Rock. Get that initial crowd support just for standing up for himself, but quickly fading into singles oblivion. But with more work, and a totally different gimmick and attitude, he could end up bigger than anybody thinks. Just not Rock big.

Otunga annoys the fuck outta me with that mouth thing he does when he is "thinking". Inbetween each sentetnce of any promo, he tightens his lips/licks his lips.

I cant stand it and its really put me off him! In fairness, he does have charisma though. Not too much but he is a decent talker - confident if you will.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back