NXT TakeOver Toronto: NXT Women Championship - Asuka © VS Mickie James

Match Result:

• Asuka retains her title.

• Mickie James wins the title.

Results are only viewable after voting.

ShinChan

Gone. For. Good.
20161013_NXTtakerover_Toronto--543c16cf41856e23dd649f8c6960a0b6.jpg

The undefeated NxT Women Champion Asuka faces the biggest challenge of her reign in the form of Mickie James at NxT TakeOver Toronto.

I guess that Asuka retains her title again. I expect this feud to go until atleast next TakeOver where James finally dethrones Asuka.

NxT Women Division has surely suffered from the call-ups due to Brand Split. They are trying to build Ember, Liv, Royce and Kay but it would take more time and that's what makes this match the right one.

NXT never fails to disappoint just when you thought there was nobody for asuka to face they sign mickie james (one of my all time favorites) This match should be good, i haven't seen mickie wrestler since wwe so im sure there will be rust but im confident these 2 will put on a good match. Asuka wins. Im guessing after this they will be calling mickie right up to the main roster and probably going to smackdown. Now if they can somehow get melina back in the ring ill be real impressed.

One of my all-time favorite Divas returns, and I can't get excited about it, because it's just NXT. When and if she returns to the big leagues, I'll be ready to mark out over seeing Mickie James again, but for now, this is just a waste to me.

This is great news on so many levels. One, it gives NXT a huge marquee women's match at Takeover. Two, bringing Mickie in, even if it's a one time deal, will allow the younger ladies to pick the brain of one of the better women's wrestlers in history. Three, if she and WWE decide to, it brings in a huge name for the main roster at some point, adding instant credibilty, likely to Smackdown, where talent like Mickie is needed the most right now.

I couldn't be happier that Mickie is coming back, as next to Trish, she is my favorite of all time. If only they would give Victoria a call as well.

I completely marked out when I was told that Mickie would be returning to WWE and I'm glad that at least one other person agrees because the comments section of the article that's currently in the WZ news section reflected that not too many people were thrilled.

So much hype is put on the Women's Revolution and so much respect is given to Lita and Trish that you almost forget that there talented women that competed in the WWE between those 2 eras. I'd put Mickie and Beth right at the top of that list and to see Mickie (who was little bit more agile and A+ and conveying emotion) come back and fight in the best wrestling show that WWE has to offer is a win win for everyone involved especially her fans. I'm not expecting victory but I'm definitely expecting Mickie to prove that she was truly one of a kind and still has the goods to show that her name should be tossed around among the best female wrestlers in the history of the company.

I completely marked out when I was told that Mickie would be returning to WWE and I'm glad that at least one other person agrees because the comments section of the article that's currently in the WZ news section reflected that not too many people were thrilled.

Because, for some fans, it's all but impossible to please them anymore. After all, a lot of those same fans were griping about Kevin Owens being underused but even though he's currently WWE Universal Champion, many are still complaining even if they have to pull it out of their asses to do it.

This should be a fun match and I'm sure Mickie will have one of the biggest pops of the night in Toronto. I don't see anything to complain about really: arguably the biggest female name in pro wrestling of the last 10 years is coming to NXT to wrestle against the most dominant woman to ever pass through NXT. Will she win? Probably not but, then again, she probably shouldn't with it being their first match. If this becomes a prolonged feud, then I'd be perfectly fine with Mickie being the one to take the title from her. If she's ultimately just doing a one shot return, then of course she's going to lose and she most certainly should.

WWE had three options here, let's be real:

1) Have Asuka face one of the less than ready women in what's left of their totally talent-raided division. That would mean either have Asuka squash Billy Kay Cyrus, or whatever her name is; worse, have her have a competitive match with her; or put Ember Moon in the title picture way before time.

2) Think outside the box.

3) Have Asuka fight herself, a la Al Snow.

If WWE's happy to bring Goldberg back, an exception can also be made for, say, someone who has wrestled in twelve years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back