Booking NXT TakeOver: Toronto

ShinChan

Gone. For. Good.
We know that NxT TakeOver: Toronto is scheduled to take place on 19 November just one day before Survivor Series. So let's book it.

*. That #Sanity Guy Vs. No Way Jose

*. Bobby Roode Vs. Tye Dillinger

*. Hideo Itami Vs. Austin Aries

*. The Revival Vs. Gardono-Ciampa for the NxT Tag Team Titles

*. Asuka Vs Ember Moon for NxT Women Title

*. Shinsuke Nakamura Vs. Samoa Joe for the NxT Championship

Swagsuke retains in the title rematch. Asuka Vs Ember Moon could end either way. The Revival lose the titles and head to Smackdown along with Samoa Joe. Hideo wins and challenges Nakamura next. Roode and Sanity win their consecutive matches. I think that by that time, we could see Eric Young and Tommy End on NxT TV. Maybe Sanity one is either of these two.

So here how I would book this

Sanity makes his debut against tye dillinger: simply put the way they are doing the vignette, they want to book this sanity character as a heel and making his debut and destroying dillinger in toronto would make him.

Austin aries vs hideo itami: this is a given that it will happen and since aries has been book mostly as a high end enhancement talent since he debuted why not have them a great match and itami goes over.

Asuka vs ember moon vs billie kay for the nxt woman's title. Right now you won't get the same quality of matches that we are use to have when bayley was there and I think that it's too soon for ember moon to get a single title match but you can put her in the title picture, adding billie kay in the match give them a good wrestling heel to work out of and she could take the fall instead of ember mion,

bobby roode vs samoa joe for a shot at the nxt championship. Roode is making his return in his home town and need a great showing on that show so why not give him the wrestlemania 30 daniel bryan booking and give him 2 win in one night. Have him go over in the opening mach against joe and then let him wrestle in the main event.

nakamura vs roode for the nxt title. Simply put have him win the belt against nakamura.

also have a tag title match on the show maybe even if it was a heel vs heel match, why not have the revival vs the authors of pain. The obvious choice would be to have chiampa and gargano in that match but since they will get called up in a couple of weeks for the raw cruiserweight division, I doubt they will be doing too many nxt show past that date.

So here how I would book this

Sanity makes his debut against tye dillinger: simply put the way they are doing the vignette, they want to book this sanity character as a heel and making his debut and destroying dillinger in toronto would make him.

Austin aries vs hideo itami: this is a given that it will happen and since aries has been book mostly as a high end enhancement talent since he debuted why not have them a great match and itami goes over.

Asuka vs ember moon vs billie kay for the nxt woman's title. Right now you won't get the same quality of matches that we are use to have when bayley was there and I think that it's too soon for ember moon to get a single title match but you can put her in the title picture, adding billie kay in the match give them a good wrestling heel to work out of and she could take the fall instead of ember mion,

bobby roode vs samoa joe for a shot at the nxt championship. Roode is making his return in his home town and need a great showing on that show so why not give him the wrestlemania 30 daniel bryan booking and give him 2 win in one night. Have him go over in the opening mach against joe and then let him wrestle in the main event.

nakamura vs roode for the nxt title. Simply put have him win the belt against nakamura.

also have a tag title match on the show maybe even if it was a heel vs heel match, why not have the revival vs the authors of pain. The obvious choice would be to have chiampa and gargano in that match but since they will get called up in a couple of weeks for the raw cruiserweight division, I doubt they will be doing too many nxt show past that date.
I have some issues with your booking.

Where does Joe-Nakmaura rematch go? Since Joe lost his title, he should get a rematch at this TakeOver.

Secondly, you want Roode to go over Nakamura for the title? So have Nakamura defeated in his first title defense itself? That would be a terrible decision. A rematch victory over Joe helps the credibility of Nakamura and his title reign.

Billie Kay already lost a match to Ember Moon and I don't see how she gets a title match.

I agree on Hideo-Aries part though. And somewhat on Tag title match. If Gargano and Ciampa are going to the main roster then turn Revival face and have them face Authors Of Pain.

Sanity could go over either No Way Jose or Tye Dillinger. I think that it would be the latter though. Sanity might be Tommy End since he has wrestled his last indy match and also he was scheduled to join by September.

The card is lookin' better than Brooklyn's.

I believe I've read that cruiserweights will be showcased on RAW and NxT. A terrible decision, in my opinion, but it keeps the doors open for Revival vs Gargano and Ciampa. I'd be more than pleased to watch a rematch. I don't dislike the idea of Revival vs the AoP, but Revival are SO good as heels that it would be a shame to squander the reaction the get by splitting the crowd. The Authors will have their time. Just not yet.

The women's division on NXT is still in need of rebuilding. The only way I can see them working around this reconstruction is either giving Asuka the night off while a #1 Contender is established, or put her in some sort of triple threat/fatal 4 way.

Back to a discussion of crowd reactions, I'd love to see Bobby Roode vs Nakamura. Yes, it could divide the crowd, but such a reaction for this one would be so huge that it can easily be shared between both wrestlers. Besides, I'm a big fan of One Night Heels (like Cena vs Edge in Toronto, or vs RVD at ECW ONS). If the crowd does turn on either of them, it will be against Nak. Id guess that heel-Nak would absolutely thrive against a hometown Roode.

I think three matches are basically set in stone at this point, although it's completely possible that many things can change in 2 and a half months. Still it seems fairly certain that they're building towards Aries/Itami, Gargano and Ciampa/The Revival, and Joe/Nakamura. I don't see Aries coming out on top in this one as the head honchos don't seem to view him as a top, top guy and Itami definitely needs a big win in his first Takeover back. I think it's likely that Gargano and Ciampa take the tag titles but it's so hard to tell when it comes to The Revival. They always seem to pull it out at the last minute to shock people. It really depends on if they want to go with the AoP or TM61 as the next challengers. As for Joe/Nakamura, rumors are that Joe didn't actually dislocate his jaw and his injury is purely for storyline purposes. If that's true it's almost guaranteed that this match will happen. And Nakmaura ain't gonna lose his title in his first defense.

Now for the less obvious. Judging from their small interaction on NXT last Wednesday, I think it's possible that we get Roode/No Way Jose. Both guys need a match and I don't see a problem with putting them together. NWJ is your prototypical babyface and it makes sense for Roode's character to want to get rid of something as silly as the NWJ gimmick. His whole shtick is about bringing NXT to another level, making it glorious, the storyline almost writes itself. I know everybody wants Roode to get shot straight to a Nakamura program, but I really see him being built up slowly to eventually take the title from him, which I'm completely fine with. Keep these two away from each other until Nakamura's ready to drop the strap.

Tye Dillinger is almost guaranteed to get a match considering the event is basically in his hometown. The only question is whether they're giving him a real push or if these wins he's been getting are only so a win over him at Takeover means more. No clue who he's going to face, hell I don't even know if he's being booked as a heel or face anymore but if I had to guess, I'd think he's being set up as fodder for this Sanity character. Although I'm honestly not even sure if these vignettes are for a guy. It's very possible that they're for a woman.

There will be a Women's match, although I'm not sure if Asuka will be competing. There really is nobody ready to even face her at this point. I can see a three way between Billie Kay, Ember Moon, and Liv Morgan for the #1 contendership. Although, as I mentioned, if the Sanity character is indeed a woman, it's possible she attacks Asuka to set up a Takeover match. Almas will almost certainly be involved somehow as well. And there's also the fact that Elias Samson should be back sooner rather than later. AND ALSO, it's likely that talents like Gran Metalik and Rich Swann will have made their debuts before the event.

A good chunk of the card really is a mystery but if I had to guess right now, my card would look something like:

Tye Dillinger vs Sanity (whoever it is)

Andrade Almas vs. Elias Samson (if he can make it back on time)

Billie Kay vs Ember Moon vs Liv Morgan OR Asuka vs Ember Moon vs Billie Kay

Bobby Roode vs No Way Jose

Austin Aries vs Hideo Itami

The Revival vs Gargano/Ciampa

Shinsuke Nakamura vs Samoa Joe

OP the only match i see happening on your card is Aries vs itami and possibly moon vs askua... My predicted card ...
Itami vs aries
Sanity vs Tye dillinger
Askua c vs Moon (Fantasy booking they aint doing anything with paige why not do a shoot angle that wwe is mad at her and sends her down to nxt Askua vs paige dream match)
TM61 vs revival c
Eric Young vs Samoa Joe vs Bobby roode vs Kota ibushi? (Winner fights nakamura)
Nakamura c vs Bobby roode

I have some issues with your booking.

Where does Joe-Nakmaura rematch go? Since Joe lost his title, he should get a rematch at this TakeOver.

Secondly, you want Roode to go over Nakamura for the title? So have Nakamura defeated in his first title defense itself? That would be a terrible decision. A rematch victory over Joe helps the credibility of Nakamura and his title reign.

Billie Kay already lost a match to Ember Moon and I don't see how she gets a title match.

I agree on Hideo-Aries part though. And somewhat on Tag title match. If Gargano and Ciampa are going to the main roster then turn Revival face and have them face Authors Of Pain.

Sanity could go over either No Way Jose or Tye Dillinger. I think that it would be the latter though. Sanity might be Tommy End since he has wrestled his last indy match and also he was scheduled to join by September.

The card is lookin' better than Brooklyn's.

For joe's rematch, you could do it on the first nxt of the next set of taping and then call up joe to the main roster after which would be around the beginning of october. Like i said you could build up billie kay to be a top heel for the next month and a half by having her beat some of the nxt women, maybe even starts some kind of feud between her and ember moon that could lead to takeover and the nxt title match. With what left of the nxt woman's division they will need top heels in the division and billie kay is getting very confortable in the heel role. As for the sanity match, at this point i think it be better facing tye dillinger since he's confortable in that role plus he's a hometown boy since he's from niagara falls which is about 90 minutes from toronto so imagine how much heat sanity will get if he just murder dillinger.

Another option for Sanity could be the new NxT signee Crazy Mary Dobson who has (as her name) a crazy gimmick going on.

Or it could be Tommy End as I have stated before. Or even Eric Young who is reported to be already signed by WWE.

The women division definitely needs some fresh and talented faces. Asuka seems to be getting a long title reign.

Andrade Cien Almas vs Sanity

Bobby Roode vs No Way Jose

The Revival vs Gargano/Ciampa

Asuka vs Billy Kaye vs Ember Moon

Austin Aries vs Hideo Itami

Shinsuke Nakamura vs Samoa Joe

I think its more likely that Dillinger is on the NXT episode that is taped right before Takeover. He is the first person to make an entrance, will get a huge pop, and set a good tone for the night. TM61, Authors of Pain, homecoming for Aliyah in a Women's tag match featuring Mandy Rose, Peyton Royce, etc.

If Sanity winds up being Eric Young, I see him re-debuting against Andrade Cien Almas if they want to continue Andrade's losing streak. Either that or Blake and/or Murphy, the NXT jobbers.

Roode vs. Jose seems to be the way they're headed with Roode.

Itami and Aries should make for a great marquee match, but there will probably be more on the line, like winner becomes #1 contender.

There is no one else on the women's NXT roster ready to take on Asuka other than Ember Moon who just debut but is already over and booked greatly, and can back it up in the ring.

TM61 is the only worthy face team of a title shot, unless Gargano/Ciampa get another shot, but why would they from a story line point? They lost clean. Sure, Gargano's knee was kayfabe weak from the CWC but why would Revival care? If Gargano/Ciampa won't be used for the Cruiserweight division on RAW, I guess they can have this match again.

Nakamura defends against Joe, sending Joe to the main roster.

I want to see Hideo vs. Nakamura for the title during the Japan shows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back