NXT TakeOver: The End: NXT Championship Steel Cage Match - Joe (c) VS Balor

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Last night's NXT episode announced that Samoa Joe and Finn Balor will main event the next NXT TakeOver event on June 8 with Joe defending the title inside of the first steel cage match in NXT history.

It's being reported by the WON that this bout will be the blow off to their program and that the loser will soon be heading to the main roster; this was the feeling that I had since there's not much else that can be done with Joe and Balor.

Balor could potentially become the first 2 time NXT Champion as, allegedly, WWE has been waiting until they found someone they felt could step into Balor's spot as the "face" of NXT. At the same time, I don't see much point in Balor spinning his wheels in NXT as he's been THE top guy in NXT for close to a year and has already been the longest reigning NXT Champion.

I see Joe retaining the title and for Balor to make his main roster debut not too long afterward. Who knows? Maybe he could pop up at this year's MITB as a surprise participant on June 19.

Balor regaining the NxT would be a dumb thing to happen. If WWE wants the title on Balor, then what was the need of Joe winning the title?

Plus, Balor has served his purpose in NxT. He should lose this match in any way possible. At next NxT TakeOver, the one near Summerslam, he can surely be used for putting over someone in NxT.

I don't know how they will cope with demon being undefeated. I read somewhere that Triple H wants demon Balor to be undefeated. So Balor loss would need some protection i.e any interference by someone like Hideo Itami to cost him the NxT title. Then that intruder could defeat Balor at next TakeOver to gain some credibility.

I am expecting it to be a good match, considering that their encounters have increased in quality.

I am all on for a Samoa Joe dominant badass title reign. Nakamura would be the right choice to dethrone him.

Plus Balor's Bullet Club-esque stable is inevitable in WWE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back