NXT TakeOver: Chicago - Roderick Strong VS Eric Young

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
The fifth, and I'm presuming final, match for this Saturday's TakeOver in Chicago was announced on last night's go home episode of NXT. Following an attack by SAnitY last week after his #1 contender's bout with Hideo Itami, Strong told NXT GM William Regal he wanted SAnitY and Regal made the bout of Strong taking on SAnitY leader Eric Young for TakeOve: Chicago.

This should be a fun bout, though the least consequential considering it's the only non-title match on the card. I expect Strong to go over Young here and sort of end things with SAnitY; Strong has gotten a lot of positive praise over the past few weeks as part of the "This is Roderick Strong" vignettes that were shown over the span of a few weeks and I think there's a real possibility of him challenging for the NXT Championship in the near future.

I amn't not really sure on who should win. Eric Young is off a loss to Tye Dillinger and Roderick Strong is off a loss to Hideo Itami. Roderick however has had an awesome promo package which truly showcased his personality.

I would still give it to Roderick Strong albeit it's very close. It could either open the show or be in the midst of the title matches.

I assume Strong got video packages because he'll be quickly moving onto a feud with Roode. They need to hold off on the McIntyre feud for a while so Strong is an adequate placeholder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back