• The Original Sheik

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyorinmaru

Sit Upon The Frozen Heavens
Stan Hansen
hansen.jpg

Spending the majority of his career in All Japan Pro wrestling he became the only man to pin Antonio Inoki and Giant Baba in title matches. He wrestled primarily in tag matches, where he formed many teams with Bruiser Brody, Terry Gordy, Ted DiBiase, Genichiro Tenryu, Dan Spivey, Bobby Duncum Jr., and Big Van Vader. Hansen also engaged in a legendary brawl with André the Giant in Japan.

The Original Sheik
0695ca.jpg

He trained both his nephew Sabu and Rob Van Dam. He is an innovater of the Hardcore Style of wrestling he is the first one to hurl a fireball at his opponents. he has won titles all over the world including the U.S., Japan and Canada.

I'm going with the Lariat. He is also internationally known, but wasn't all hardcore. This guy was just ticked off at the world. How many wrestlers do you know taht spilled out into a street and have been banned from facing a certain opponent anywhere in the country? Ther'es two: Vader, and Hansen. He is known for a clothesline. How many people can say that? He was big, strong, and ticked off. Deadly combination.

Sheik gets my vote. Yes I'm a little biased due to the fact that RVD, Sabu and Hardcore Wrestling are 3 of my favortie things in Pro Wrestling but he was good at (for lack of a better term) regular wrestling. He won the NWA UN title in AJPW and he won 26 other titles not all of which were won in Hardcore matches. So to say that The Sheik was all Hardcore is wrong. He may have been labled a Hardcore Wrestler but he was good a traditional wrestling as well.

Very hard choice as I respect and enjoy both mens works. Reading up on both men and their in ring antics, it's nearly a push. The sheik is considered to be one of the top 3 heels of all time by most wrestling historians, and it's nearly unanimous in that decision. the guy was able to conjure up fear in almost everyone, as he was seen as truly nuts.

Taht being said, Stan Hansen is a forgotten gold mine in wrestling. I think he was a pre-Undertaker Undertaker. a big guy that intimidated everyone he faced, yet his legacy won't be properly respected. The Undertaker is the only man to pin both Hogan and Austin for World titles in America, and Hansen was the only man to pin both the Japanese legends. Hansen is often a legitimately feared son of a bitch in the wrestling world.

Yeah, I'm going to have to go with Stan Hansen. To me he has done more for professional wrestling than The Sheik ever did. Sure the Sheik was a badass, and trained RVD and Sabu. Big Deal, he to me was garbage. The only reason he is seen as a legened is because of RVD and Sabu. Stan Hansen has done ten fold more for wrestling so my vote goes to him.

This was close for me. Shiek was an awesome heel and helped bring both RVD and Sabu into the business, but I gotta go for Hansen. Beating the two most legendary wrestlers in Japan was the clincher. That's incredible. Shocky said it best. He's the pre-Undertaker, Undertaker. I never thought about that before I read his post. But it really does make a lot of sense.

Results: Stan Hansen wins 7-3 and faces Giant Baba in round 2.

my thoughts: A little disapointed but not to much. It's been said but Stan Hansen was The Undertaker before Mark Calloway cam on to the scene. Also he was the only one to pin both Antonio Inoki and Giant Baba which in itself is a huge accomlishment. Round 2 Rematch is going to be awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back