Nov 19th Raw to be an "Old School" themed episode

I like if Vince was on commentary for one night too because he was great on commentary back in the day. And for them to use the 199-1997 Monday Night RAW set...I know they wrestle in bigger venues now but they can make set look somewhat like it. And have big time wrestlers from that era appear, which was not too any high profie wrestlers anyways fro 93-97 era so they be able get guys. But I doubt any of this would happen.

What about this? Old School (Attitude Era) vs. New School talent. For example - Rock vs. Barret, Austin vs. Shamus, or even Mc Cool vs. Lita. She did make an appearence tonight. Just sayin it would be a fun idea.

I like if Vince was on commentary for one night too because he was great on commentary back in the day. And for them to use the 199-1997 Monday Night RAW set...I know they wrestle in bigger venues now but they can make set look somewhat like it. And have big time wrestlers from that era appear, which was not too any high profie wrestlers anyways fro 93-97 era so they be able get guys. But I doubt any of this would happen.
Speaking of commentery, wouldn't it be awesome if JR was brought back to the announcers booth?

To me, he is simply one of the best ring announcers ever and it wouldn't be a celebration without "good ole JR".

My only concern is that his health may not allow him to be there. As an aside, has anyone heard about JR's health or how he's doing?

I been thinking about this night lately and decided to come up with a list of things I would like to see happen. So here goes:
  • The whole concept will stem from McMahon returning to Raw and after seeing what condition it is in he declares that Raw is going Old School for a night.
  • Raw has the Attitude Era set and music
  • Kane wears to oldschool mask and sleeved attire for the night
  • Returns:
  • DX- New Age Outlaws/X-Pac confront Nexus after some promo about being top stable in WWE. Imagine Barrett promo interuppted with "Oh you didn't know.."
  • Godfather and Val Venis interupt an NXT segment on Raw to seduce the girls, that or interrupt Lay Cool promo/match.
  • Shamrock makes suprise return with Daniel Bryan or something
  • Sable interrupts Lay Cool and beats them down
  • Too Cool reunites and dances in the ring during some segment
  • Hall/Nash surprise appearances possibly
  • Bradshaw and Farooq reunite for APA as hired help for someone like Santino.
  • McMahon and/or JR on Commentary with King
  • Rock and/or Austin return in some capacity

these are some of the potential things that can happen on the Old School Raw if they were going to reference the Attitude Era but are all VERY unlikely. With it being the lead in Raw before Survior Series and the PG theme I fully expect it to be another Legends filled crap Raw with appearances from guys like Hacksaw, IRS, DeBiase, Doink, Bret Hart, Bushwackers, Okerland, Damien Demento, Max Moon, Mondo Altoya, and the list goes on.

When this was announced I said to myself "It will be the same old tired Wrestlers they wheel out every so often. Snuka, Slaughter, Piper, etc" I was right. They have been announced.

Come on WWE, lets see something innovative. Get some of the boys back we haven't seen in a while. Goldberg, Nash, Luger...what about Anvil?

It should be fun for what it is. I don't expect Rock or Austin there, and they already have a list of guys who will be there. I'm sure we will get a few surprises, but judging on how WWE has done things, this won't be something huge. We will get the old style setup and all that so it should be fun. The one thing I would like is to have either JR or Vince on commentary for this episode.I know its probably unlikely, but I would like to see them go in that direction.

It's been announced that the Honky Tonk Man has withdrawn his participation from the Old School Raw this coming Monday. From what I've read, it seems that the sides simply weren't able to work out a deal.

To be honest, I'm actually glad that HTM won't be on the show this Monday. I've always thought that he was highly overrated and the Elvis impersonator gimmick just never really clicked with me. It's been over 20 years since his IC title reign ended and I don't believe that any other wrestler has been able to milk a mid-card championship run for as long as he has.

So we have probably all noticed The WWE using the WWF logo to promote the old school episode of RAW. Is it just me or is this the perfect oppertunity to reveal a new WWE logo. There were alot of rumors this summer about a new logo so this could be a way to reveal it. Or it could mean absulutly nothing what so ever.

What do you think?

Yeah I was thinking this the other day. That new logo dropped off the radar after the reports came out. I bet part of this entire retro RAW thing is to remind people that before the Attitude era, they were just as PG as they are now, so they'll draw the parallel between then and now, and possibly reveal the new logo.

This would be a perfect time to reveal the new logo and blackmetalbuick your right they need to show people that they used to be PG and that its really not that bad but anyways I hope they debut a new logo but i'm not gonna hold my breath lol

Honestly, I don't think they are going to reveal or even use the new logo to promote WWE PPV's etc. Lets just hope I'm right. If they do use a new logo......... NAH!

If they did want to debut a new logo, sure, this would be a good way to debut one. However, I don't think the reports about wanting to debut a new logo held any kind of credibility. If they don't just go back to using one of the old-school logos, they'll probably stick with the same logo they have now.

I know they're using an old intro, but are they doing anything with the set or the props? I have a feeling it's just going to be an intro, and not changing anything except for the wrestlers involved with the show.

.... in case you weren't around the logo was photoshopped and was clearly a fake. Any person who thought that was real really needs their eyes testing.

They are using the old WWF logo to give it the retro look. Whats the point of having the retro entrances, retro Mean Gene and so on and then place the current logo on it. It would look right out of place. Considering they are perfectly allowed to use the logo when they please (Although why they changed it in the Smackdown games I have no idea) then they might as well use it.

You are reading way too much into this and don't expect the logo to change any time soon. There is no need in the change. The old one was simply replaced due to its aging and the change of product at a time WCW was kicking it ass. It was simply a small signal of change. Unless they are planning something huge to change the company then a logo change isn't needed. Everybody knows the two W's are WWE, and when I mean everybody I'm not talking about the fans I talking about those who don't watch the program yet know the logo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back