Nov 19th Raw to be an "Old School" themed episode

TheMainEvent

Pre-Show Stalwart
Just read that November 19th is a three hour Raw with an old school theme to the show. Im not exactly sure what the old school theme is going to pertain but the thought of a throwback type episode is somewhat intriguing. Could they return to the attitude era set and classic Raw logo? Old Raw superstars returning for a one night only thing to mix in with the new era? On the current roster there is really only Edge, Bret Hart, Christian, Kane, Undertaker, Goldust, Mark Henry, Regal, and Big Show. They could get guys like Hall, Nash, Road Dogg & BadAss Billy Gunn, Godfather, Too Cool, Venis, Bradshaw, Farooq, Doink for one time appearances potentially.

Who knows what an Old School theme could really mean though. Its after the Nov election date so maybe its WWE testing the waters on the more adult oriented themes and style if Linda loses the Senate seat. What are your thoughts on this idea?

When I think old school I think of the wacky characters they used to push back in the 1980s and into the early 1990s. I do not think that is what they have in mind for this RAW, but that would be awesome, for lack of a better word.
Ever since the WWE has gone to this PG format I have been waiting for the return of the characters of the old days. That was one thing that drew me into wrestling as a kid, the larger than life and entertaining characters.
With this being the WWE we are talking about, I would not be surprised to see this a tribute to The Undertaker.

i think by old school there gonna have the old typed ring, titatron, stuff like that.
and as pointed out bring back attitude era names.But how about this:
you bring back the old logo for 1 night only and at that night thay announce the newest wwe logo that they are working on and have a type of tournament.
with celabrating returning names and even reunite dx for 1 night.and never forget the king of the ring.I hope the rock would show up for 1 last promo.

With WWE being PG proably gonna be like regular RAW but maybe special appearances by wrestlers from past and special matches.

actually this show is nov 15 in hershey and i will be attending and i as well was wondering what peoples ideas were and i know its often sad and questioned but with his movie opening the next week and him sayin he wanted to do something special could this be the much talked about return of the rock as other sites are reporting him and wwe are in talks again

the rock isnt the only one doing a new movie so watch out for a rattlesnake attack on that day. i would love to see some old school people return, maybe a scaled down ministry with the apa and midean. maybe the godwins vs apa for that matter. new age outlaws or who knows. but i imagine wwe will drop the ball on this jus like the miss wrestlemania match. maybe they could get sable back to take on chyna or something of that nature

i would love for austin to be there as well and they never do give the old school divas there props so i hope they are there as well i mean just imagine one more priceless promo between the rock and austin it would be epic even if they didnt touch each other it would be better then anything in the pg era just them in a ring together

I love for an Attitude Era like show for the RAW November 15th show but because its PG might be 1980s/1990s pre Attitude Era old skool style. Like Doink the Clown, IRS, maybe Godwins for example. Not Attitude Era like characters per say but more Next Generation Era guys.

After reading this im reallly excited about this and the possibilities...Im not saying everyone listed above is gonna show up but i think it will be alot of em. I would LOVE to see a ministry type reformation...or The Brood..something like them....Being a AE mark ill defintly not be missing this one..

Every time the WWE gets me excited... they just let me down. And you all know what I mean :(

I am very excited about the possibilities of this. Perhaps Austin and The Rock will make appearances. Hopefully they go back to the "Old school" Attitude Era, and not the "Old School" 1980s PG Wrestling.

wrestlezone.com main page said:
WWE has also announced that the November 15th edition of Raw will have an "Old School" theme and the show's description is as follows: "WWE throws it back Old School when Monday Night Raw takes place live from Hershey's GIANT Center! See your favorite Raw/Smackdown and WWE Legends Live in Hershey!" This show will be 3 hours as well.

I would assume this means we will see a bunch of old timers. I would love this so much. I have been clamoring for an Old Timers Day type program (as a Yankees fan, I love it when they do one every year), and if this is anything like that, good times will happen. My guess though is that we will see a bunch of midcarders/jobbers, with maybe a main event guy or 2 (MAYBE Austin, most definitely Bret). I can't see them bringing back Austin, The Rock, and others all in 1 night, because they wouldn't want to blow all the ratings spikes they bring in 1 night.

If this is a throwback night, maybe we see current guys revert to old gimmicks for 1 night, like Masked Kane, Rapper Cena, or Hunter Heart Helmsley. And not to fuel any fires, but maybe even a 1 night only return of a recently retired SHAWN MICHAELS?! God this is gonna be good.

I'm not really sure what constitutes as "old school" but I would assume that 2005 (when I started watching) would not be considered old school. That said, I don't really know what to expect. If we're talking old school, I'm guessing we'll see some surprise returns that night such as Attitude Era icons like the Rock and Steve Austin. This purely speculation though.

It could be past superstars in a match. Plus, maybe a past vs present match. the classic RAW logo, old TitanTron and perhaps tributes to some of the guys. (cud evn be Chris Benoit and Eddie Guerrero

I reallllllly hope this is a return of several Attitude Era superstars, but I expect we will just see 1 or 2 guys show up (Hopefully Rock and Austin), and then a Legends Battle Royal, with Doink, IRS, Honky...all those type of guys that the modern era fan really has no interest in seeing.

If the rumours are true about the WWE and Brock Lesnar being in talks, maybe we will see the one-night only return of the his wife- gorgeous Sable, as well as Trish, Lita, Chyna and Torrie Wilson.

I love seeing my old favourites from years gone by, but I cannot see WWE making this show as good as it could be.

This would be a great time for The Rock & Stone Cold Steve Austin to make an appearance. I too would love to see the Old RAW Logo used (Ex.Raw Is War or Original Monday Night Raw),Classic Titantron brought back for one night maybe,etc. Should be interesting to see what they do.

I highly doubt The Rock will be there. I suppose Austin is a possibility but I wouldn't get my hopes up. We'll probably see the same guys we always do. Roddy Piper, Sgt. Slaughter, IRS, Ricky Steamboat, Dusty Rhodes, and Michael Hayes. The problem is those guys are hardly a surprise anymore. I have nothing against them making an appearance, but I'm not overly excited about it either. Hopefully WWE has something else in store for us otherwise I don't see it being anything special.

I'm not getting my hopes up because the show will probably have Doink the Clown and Duke the Dumpster Drosse. They will probably have Dusty Rhodes, Sgt. Slaughter, and Michael Hayes since they work with the company. I wouldn't hold my breath on former attitude stars or someone like Austin or the Rock to show up. I could be wrong though. We might see the Iron Sheik, Roddy Piper, and Hacksaw Jim Duggan. I wouldn't be surprised though if the majority of the stars were from the gimmick battle royal at WM 17. The Goon, Repo Man, etc.

I'm not getting my hopes up because the show will probably have Doink the Clown and Duke the Dumpster Drosse. They will probably have Dusty Rhodes, Sgt. Slaughter, and Michael Hayes since they work with the company. I wouldn't hold my breath on former attitude stars or someone like Austin or the Rock to show up. I could be wrong though. We might see the Iron Sheik, Roddy Piper, and Hacksaw Jim Duggan. I wouldn't be surprised though if the majority of the stars were from the gimmick battle royal at WM 17. The Goon, Repo Man, etc.

Exactly since WWE PG now might be a throwback to old school RAW from 1993-1997. With RAW theme music from that time, red blue and white ring ropes and stuff like that. No way going Attitude Era on us when WWE in PG. And not having Kane wear mask for one night or HHH doing Hunter Hearst Helmsley attire.

We'll get a gimmick battle royal, Santino vs. Someone We Forgot About in a comedy match, Bret Hart will make an appearance, and we'll probably see a couple of the long-ago divas who aren't still pissed about the treatment they got at last years Wrestlemania.

Don't look at this as some retro excitement; we've seen this before, several times.

Well, I'm assuming with the phrase 'Old School' one can only assume we'd see classic stars like Mae Young, Sgt Slaughter, maybe Bret Hart, Million Dollar Man, hopefully some other returning Hall of Famers, and probably some indicators as to who may be in the 2011 HOF. But then again, this is WWE, and ANYTHING is possible with this group. What we think for old school may be something COMPLETELY different. I guess its just a matter of waiting to find out. I really wish I could elaborate more. But maybe at risk of sounding stupid, maybe some highlights from the past, like past matches, and previous stars showing up is really about all that I can think of at this time. Its sad to say that the fact WWE can have people like PeeWee Herman, that's taking back to Old School. lol

I'm preplexed about this show, it sounds fun on paper, but with little details people are elaborating on what they want, realistically speaking bringing back Attitude era guys sounds fun but how many of them are signed to TNA? in a backstage role?

The old look? hmmmm I'm unsure WWE will do that but I'd expect to see something like that of the 15th year aniversary show in December 2007, with Evolution rejoining to face Rated RKO & Umaga and the gimmick battle royal, maybe bring back the Hardcore title for one night or something along them lines.

Thing is if this is a success I could EASILY see WWE doing this show as a PPV in 2011 and bringing in guys like Rock & Austin doing a one night only app, then again doing this sounds like it would be a waste and have them do WrestleMania for more impact.

I would to see them bringing back some of the wrestlers from attitude era like members from the corporate ministry the mains ones who stuck with taker til he walked out on smackdown including the big show say for one night only takers request for them to hunt down nexus and make it brawl in the ring and wat would be funny if cena was no where to be found and otunga have another discussion with barrett sayin he knows y cenas is hiding was about to mention takers attack again then the lights go out ..... i know this is off the topic but it would still be interesting.

Dude nobody from Ministry gonna be on RAW cause Taker not coming back for awhile. I ony see the normal legends attend on show, so no old skool feel really.

The Raw 15th anniversary show was great, and I hope they can come close to that one. The 900th episode show was pretty bad. They got a bunch of old Attitude mid-carders back at the 15th, not just 80s legends.

I can only see a few Attitude Era guys returning probably someone like Steve Blackman, Steve Austin, Triple H, Val Venis, Bret Hart, Jim Neidhart etc. but I think the show will mostly be filled with 80's/early 90's guys since WWE is PG now and it was PG in that era. I expect to see guys like Doink, Honky Tonk Man, current road agents etc. I doubt they will change the set though to an old Raw set. I'm personally hoping for Vince McMahon to do commentary again, I liked him as a commentator. I dont think anything exciting will happen but seeing the old school guys & them interacting with the new stars of today is good enough for me. I would love if they use this intro for Raw with the current Raw titantron & theme song added on at the end.

[YOUTUBE]Anl0hIZVhK0[/YOUTUBE]

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back