NO MORE COLE!

Rated Y2J

Dark Match Jobber
We already have to deal with his annoying ass on raw but why bringhim over to friday nights? They are doing fine without him.

I suggest you give reasons why, and make it long. Quickly, or this will be flagged.
With that said. I have no problem with Cole on Friday Nights. He fills a gap the Todd Grisham can't. While it is over kill to have two heel commentators, Cole does play by play MUCH better than Grisham. He and Striker have actually made it easier for me to watch Friday Night Smackdown.

So Micheal Cole got switched over to SD? Tankgod cause he was bad on RAW. He made career commentating on SD and thats were he is much better anyways then on the primetime show. Besides Matt Stryker is a tweener right now not a heel. He can play all 3 types, Cole can remain a heel since its refreshes his character and makes him more interesting.

Cole on SD! is okay because Grisham is not so good. But yeah, 3 commentators makes it worse to watch SmackDown! All guys going against one another! :wtf: Let us concentrate on the match. But yeah, Cole on SD! is good.

Cole on SD! is okay because Grisham is not so good. But yeah, 3 commentators makes it worse to watch SmackDown! All guys going against one another! :wtf: Let us concentrate on the match. But yeah, Cole on SD! is good.
Agreed.

Grisham is too dry. He brings absolutely no life to a match.

My dream scenario would be for Cole to go to SD! on a permanent basis and move Grisham out. Meanwhile RAW could bring back Jim Ross and let him and Jerry pick up where they left off.

This isn't Cole's problem. Grisham... stinks. No other way to say it. Cole at least garners a reaction. I mean, put it this way, when was the last time Grisham had a thread about him, good or bad?

Cole does play-by-play, can switch back and forth from being a dick to being the "good guy" of sorts and I think he has a chip on his shoulders in some ways. Ross left big shoes to fill.

However, perhaps I'm in the minority, but Cole doesn't bother me. He does a pretty damn good job, actually.

I too am against Cole being on SD.

Don't get me wrong. I love Cole ,he makes me crack up but why the hell does he need to be on each show? That'll just result in overkill. Plus, I really liked the pairing of Striker and Todd. They worked very well together and Cole is just ruining that for me. Instead of owning Todd each week like Striker used to he keeps arguing with another heel commentator which isn't as much fun.

I think Cole has improved leaps and bounds over the past few months. In fact since the introduction of NXT Season 1 I have really digged his commentary. I don't mind him being on all shows as he adds an extra dynamic to the broadcast. I do enjoy the Striker & Grisham duo, however introducing Cole as well doesn't doesnt bother me.

Love his bashing of the Hart Dynasty and his jiZzing over Miz and A-Ri.

Have to say, I think Cole is one the best announcers they have in the 'E at the moment. Nice to have him on both brands, I think it should actually stay that way.

Granted, Cole isn't a bad announcer, but I'm just tired of seeing him on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays, and the occasional Sundays. Granted he can't really stop the man-fest love for Miz, and his beer-goggle love for Vickie Guerrero..in the words of Miz "REALLY?" If I was Cole's wife I'd really reconsider his job priorities. But besides that, he is good for the humor part, Grisham USED to be good, but knowing that he's on the crap list of McMahon right now, I can see why they have Cole there, but why at the expense of us? Striker is EXCELLENT with his commentary, he's smart, and knowledgable, and so into the history of the WWE almost to the point of being a mark. As much as I dis-like Cole, he is good at calling the matches, and does provide comic relief, and is good for being the butt of other people's jokes, do I like seeing him 4-5 days out of the week, not necessarily, but I figure it could always be worse. We could be stuck with someone like Great Khali calling the matches.

I don't have a problem with Cole being on SD, he's probably the best announcer in WWE right now so why not have him on all shows. I find him a little annoying but that's what you're supposed to feel so that shows he's good at what he does. I don't necessarily find it easier to watch SD with Cole on but neither to I find it harder he's just there. So to be honest I don't see the point of him on SD except for he's the best announcer in WWE right now (that doesn't mean much though does it) but I don't mind it.

I think Cole is great on both brands. Granted, I didn't like his heel turn to begin with, mainly because he remains heel when it comes to The Miz, R-Truth, Daniel Bryan etc, yet he ignores his new role towards Cena and Orton, who he really should be against.
He fills a big gap in Smackdown, but the problem is that he only fills a bit of it. Smackdown needs improving in many different ways. Putting Cole at the announce table was a minor fix, but no an indefinite one.

I say that Cole should replace Teddy Long as Smackdown GM. He would be excellent.

He's there because Grisham sucks, but I'm not a fan of having the same announcer on both shows, and having Cole on NXT too. I just don't want to be hearing Cole over and over again, I'm hoping they use Punk as an announcer as he seems to be really good at it.

I don't like that Cole is now on both Raw and Smackdown's announcing teams either. He has stated many times now though that he has become "the voice of WWE". I guess that's his way to explain why he is (kayfabe) on both shows. I'd rather deal with "Vintage!" than the boringness of Todd Grisham though. They probably added Cole to the team because Grisham sucks. Why not have Cole go back to being exclusively on the Raw announcing team and have Matthews replace Grisham on the Smackdown team? Then it'd be Cole & Lawler on Raw and Matthews & Striker on Smackdown. That would fix the problem of Smackdown's current announcing team. Somebody else pointed out that at least Cole gets a reaction, Grisham doesn't. That's part of the reason we are stuck with seeing Cole on both shows, it's Grisham's fault for sucking.

Cole on Smackdown has been far preferable to the team of Grisham and Striker. Grisham has called the show with ZERO enthusiasm since he and JR split up, and I think WWE made the right move when they moved to SyFy to bring Cole with them. Right or wrong, they seem adamant about pushing Cole as the "voice of WWE", as evidenced by him replacing JR in the opening montage, and more openly in him constantly stating it.

Ive found the three man booth on Fridays to be far preferable to Grisham and Striker. It's allowed Striker to settle back more into his "wrestling nerd" persona, and allow Cole to be the "heel", which has benefited Striker to be honest as well. Cole on Smackdown so far has been a good thing.

WWE have been lacking a strong announce team in recent years and I think Michael Cole, Matt Striker, and Todd Grisham are a strong announce team. I didn't like the idea at first but I have listened to them and I feel that they are doing very well. They are bringing entertainment back to the announce table and making matches more exciting. WWE matches have been very boring as of late from the lack of announcing but Cole, Striker, and Grisham are getting them back on track. I don't think Cole should be on both shows though. I would rather Jim Ross come back for good and call matches with The King on Raw and Cole stay on Smackdown. They would then have two talented announce teams and they need it.

I'll admit to this. I don't like Cole. Never have before and I especially dislike him now that he's really being pushed not only as a heel but as a dominant heel behind the commentary desk. Now granted, he is a heel and I am therefore not supposed to like him. His purpose is to be hated without shame and he does go out of his way to make that easy for us as fans. So, in that, he's doing his job.

I like to think that he's being set up for a massive fall of some kind. Somebody is eventually going to be selected to dole out some major physical punishment to Cole and I like to think that someone is Daniel Bryan. It seems to me that right now they're trying to get the entire audience behind his eventual pummeling and in order to do that, they're moving him all over the shows so as to make him hated on every one of them. So, with that theory in mind, moving him to Smackdown makes some sense. I just hope they don't attempt to have Smackdown GM-ed by a computer as well.

(As a side note, Michael Cole is the exclusive voice of the anonymous general manager of Raw. Cole also constantly has his Blackberry with him which does have the capability to receive and send e-mails. Y'ever wonder if Cole has been sending e-mails to himself the entire time?)

Getting back to the topic at hand, I have to agree with The Disturbed in that I'd rather see Cole move to Smackdown permanently and have JR return to Raw. Still, I'm not the decision maker here. We'll just have to see what WWE creative has up their sleeves.

I've not minded Cole being added to SmackDown until last night. Watching him joining in with Stryker saying how Alberto should respect the legends of the business really pissed me off, seeing as how funny his dis-respect of Jim Ross was on Raw. What the fuck is with that about? Is he the wrestling version of Two-Face?

I actually like Grisham, and I can't stand Michael Cole. I thought Striker and Grisham were good, but I must admit I like Striker as a tweener better than a heel... So maybe Cole is just a necessary evil. Watch out for Scott Stanford on Superstars though... He's actually really good

I like Cole. Commentary was so boring before he went "heel". Though at times he is annoying, I'd much rather have him be a different character than have two bland commentators who don't vary their opinion on anything.

I think this is a good move. Cole annoys the hell out of me, but he's a much better announcer than Grisham will ever be. He can call a match while at the same time offering some entertainment of his own. And the time he does get on the mic always garners a reaction from the crowd, whether it's positive or negative. So I think Cole should stay on SD! and bring good ol' JR back to RAW.

TBH I cant stand Cole, it sounds like he's trying to hard. Switch Cole with Stryker who I think is a much better commentator than Cole. While I haved a total hetero sexual man crush on The Miz as well, the way he makes it sound is as if he's taking it in the back from Miz. Cole is just not good IMO.

I'm loving it Cole has brought life to the SD! announce team and he calls Striker on his bs which makes me really like him and if he leaves SD! I think I will miss Mr. Vintage on Friday nights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back