NFL Thread - 2009-10

How many games will the Lions win this year.

• Winless (0-16, again)

• 1-4wins

• 5-8 wins

• 9-11 wins

• 12-15 wins

• Undefeated (16-0)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know I think the Saints defense is good enough to hold Eli in check, and I think Brees will get back on track. Plus they have 2 weeks to plan for it.

You didnt answer my question earlier.
NSL care for a little friendly competition for the rest of the way?

I dont know I think the Saints defense is good enough to hold Eli in check, and I think Brees will get back on track. Plus they have 2 weeks to plan for it.

The defense is certainly better than they get credit for. I'm not taking anything away from them. They have a great set of DBs, and a DL that gets no love. It's their LBs that I'm saying need to be tested, and we'll do that. We have the TEs to do it, and Bradshaw is also capable of catching the ball out of the backfield. Expect us to throw a few towards Hedgecock also.

I'm sure Brees will back on track, but he's facing a tough pass rush, and a solid set of DBs. I think he'll have a good game, but he won't get 400 yds and 4 TDs either.

You didnt answer my question earlier.

Didn't see it. What is it?

I'm going to have to admit it, the Saints defense is actually...quite good.

Every year you hear the same crap about the Saints going to the super bowl & ESPN all over that offense's nuts, but little do people pay attention to how awful that defense was.

This year, I'll give them credit where its due, their defense is looking pretty solid. I still think they're a bit overrated though. The Jets gave those turnovers away and I really doubt Eli Manning will stand in his own end zone for longer than 4 seconds or that offensive line will literally score 14 points for the opponent. Very unlikely.

EDIT:

David Tyree has been signed by the Ravens.

Congratulations to him. The Ravens will have a great team player and amazing guy in the locker room. He may be a bit injury prone, but he's an outstanding blocker and a stout special teams player.

I'm gonna go with Brandon Marshall. He was a key part in Denver defeating the Pats. You could even go with Orton or even Josh McDaniels, both of whom I considered going with. But I'm gonna go with Marshall. He really made some big plays and made some tough catches to help Denver win the game.

As you can tell by my sig I am a Dolphins fan. Chad Henne gets my vote.

As NSL mentioned he went 20 for 26 and did everything he needed to do to lead the Dolphins the victory on the defense that supposedly would stop the Wildcat.

Chad didnt make mistakes and he threw beautiful passes all day long.

MODERATOR NOTE:

This is not a spam thread, if you want to discuss starting a Pick 'Em league or any other kind of fantasy football league, do so in PM or a spam section, this thread is for NFL discussion only.

Speaking of which, Pats play the Titans this weekend. Should be a pretty good game, I expect the Pats to come out hard after their loss to the Broncos last week and win this one with relative ease. I think we're about to see Brady explode on Sunday, I wouldn't be shocked to see him throw 4 TDs.

Sorry bout that X, should have known better. And I agree. I can see Brady putting up some big numbers against the disappointment that is the Tennessee Titans. If they lose this game they really need to bench Collins and let Vince Young take over for the rest of the season. They have a lot of money invested in him and maybe he can provide a spark and bring a few wins to the table.

I really don't know what happened to the Titans.

The Titans defense played very very well against the Steelers on opening day. Even without Albert Haynesworth, their traditional 4-man rush (do they play 4-3?) played exceptionally well last year against the Steelers when Albert was out that game too. I guess its probably because their secondary, which was considered at a point to be the best in the league with all those sexy names, has been taking a lot of injuries.

I say starting Vince Young would make things worse. When you are down by 17 points at half time, you tend to lose your identity and throw more often than not. This is evidently seen nowadays with the Panthers struggles as well. I don't think Young can endure the pressure to score on every drive, compared to a veteran like Kerry. Vince will continue throw his trademark INTs every game.

But if people still wet their pants when they see him run 20 yards, fine, bench Collins and see where the season goes.

Well the season doesn't look like it will be saved. Maybe Vince Young could provide a spark. He played good his rookie year for the team and then just disappeared. Maybe him getting benched is what he needed. Tennessee needs to know what they are gonna do with him after this season. He has a 14 million dollar cap hit next year and that is a lot of dough to have sitting around. This season isn't going to get better, so why not throw Vince into the fire and see what he can do. If he shows flashes of that rookie season, keep him around. If he falls flat on his face, then cut ties.

David Tyree has been signed by the Ravens.

Congratulations to him. The Ravens will have a great team player and amazing guy in the locker room. He may be a bit injury prone, but he's an outstanding blocker and a stout special teams player.

^^ This is nothing but good news for the Ravens, and good to hear as a Giants fan. I would like to have seen Toomer signed, but Tyree will do.

He'll be a big help for them on special teams, and will help bring some discipline to the team who just keeps killing themselves every week. In their wins it was OK, because they still managed to be on the right side of the score at the end of the game. In the losses though, they've been horrible. They gave the win to the Pats, and then practically walked the Bengals to the end zone.

It doesn't matter now, Rush has withdrawn from the group. The left wing racists and bigots in the nfl let politics get in the way of selling the lambs to a guy who is a huge fan and would have been a great ambassador for the league.

The quotes credited to Rush were MADE UP and posted on wikipedia by some lefty who Rush has identified and will be taking legal action againest.

I won't cancel my sunday ticket subscription this year, but I won't be going to any games and I won't buy a new jersey this year. I know they won't care.

The nfl sited the reason they didn't want Rush to be an owner is because of the "Racial" remarks he has made. How do they know what the other owners say in private? If Rush is such a "racist" why would he want to own a team in a league that has 75% black players, who he would have to pay millions of $?

Rush has always said he wanted to be involved in the nfl because he is such a big fan.

One question: How many teams have BLACK owners? Black GMs? Why so many black players, shouldn't there be a more equal balance?

Doesn't that make the nfl racist?

Where's the race baiter jesse jackson, he goes after nascar for no black drivers, why hasn't he called for a black players strike until they get some black owners?

The left wing racists and bigots in the nfl let politics get in the way of selling the lambs to a guy who is a huge fan and would have been a great ambassador for the league.

:lmao: You have got to be kidding me. Where does that sentence make sense? The NFL is racist? Why? Because they told a fat white rich racist that he can't own a team? I could see if he was black, Asian, or anything other than what he is, but it has nothing to do with the NFL being racist. He was the racist, and that's why they didn't let him "join the club".

The quotes credited to Rush were MADE UP and posted on wikipedia by some lefty who Rush has identified and will be taking legal action againest.

So, his on-air quotes about McNabb were made up? The ones he apologized for? The ones that were replayed all throughout the ordeal with the league? I didn't know those were made up. I'm such an ass for thinking he actually said what I heard come out of his mouth.

I won't cancel my sunday ticket subscription this year, but I won't be going to any games and I won't buy a new jersey this year. I know they won't care.

Join the millions of the rest of us that can't afford a jersey or a game ticket. At least you get Sunday Ticket though.

The nfl sited the reason they didn't want Rush to be an owner is because of the "Racial" remarks he has made. How do they know what the other owners say in private? If Rush is such a "racist" why would he want to own a team in a league that has 75% black players, who he would have to pay millions of $?

The difference is that if the owners say anything in private, it's in private! He went on the radio, and told his thousands or millions of listeners, that McNabb sucks because he is black. What's to stop him from getting rid of the few black guys the Rams have, and replacing them with less than stellar white guys?

Rush has always said he wanted to be involved in the nfl because he is such a big fan.

Good for him. Go to games, buy some jerseys, interview some guys on your show.

One question: How many teams have BLACK owners? Black GMs? Why so many black players, shouldn't there be a more equal balance?

It's only recently that they paced the Rooney Rule, forcing teams to interview "minorities" before making any hirings for coaches or in the front office. Give it a few years before you blast teams for not having a black GM. As far as owners, I have no clue. They can't go find a black man and force him to a buy a team.

No. The owner they were turning away wasn't black.

Where's the race baiter jesse jackson, he goes after nascar for no black drivers, why hasn't he called for a black players strike until they get some black owners?

Because that'd be stupid, and Jesse Jackson may be an idiot, but he won't take on an entire league that employs that many black people. Like I said before, they can't force black people to buy a team.

If you knew what the hell you were talking about, you might be dangerous.

I do have the money to go to atleast 2 games and buy any jersey that I want, I'm just not going to.

The mcnobb comment was on ESPN's pregame show on sunday morning and all he said was that the media wouldn't blame mcnobb for playing bad because they wanted a black qb to do good.

If it was so outrageous why didn't the 2 BLACK GUYS on the show say ANYTHING at the time? or after the show?
It wasn't a problem until JESSE JACKSON and philly sports radio, decided to make it a problem and raise hell with espn and the 2 black guys on the show. Then they got offended,3 days after it was said, and told espn to fire Rush.

I know you don't listen to Rush, so I won't comment on your ignorance of his views.

I guess in america a white person can't say a BLACK person sucks at his job, even if he really does. mcnobb isn't the great qb the media, especially at the time, makes him out to be. He's not the worst, but he's not the best.

Is that a racist remark?

I do have the money to go to atleast 2 games and buy any jersey that I want, I'm just not going to.

Good for you. Not all of us do. That's why games get blacked out, and stores are complaining of declining sales.

The mcnobb comment was on ESPN's pregame show on sunday morning and all he said was that the media wouldn't blame mcnobb for playing bad because they wanted a black qb to do good.

If it was so outrageous why didn't the 2 BLACK GUYS on the show say ANYTHING at the time? or after the show?
It wasn't a problem until JESSE JACKSON and philly sports radio, decided to make it a problem and raise hell with espn and the 2 black guys on the show. Then they got offended,3 days after it was said, and told espn to fire Rush.

This is exactly what happened to Don Imus. No one cared that he called anyone "nappy headed hos", and it was only an issue after a regular listener that worked in the Rutgers AD office said something to the coach, who turned it into a huge ordeal. I'm not agreeing with what he said, but typically, racial remarks take a few days to have a backlash because people on both sides want to avoid huge ordeals.

The same way Imus won't be allowed to run a team, is the same reason Rush won't either.

I guess in america a white person can't say a BLACK person sucks at his job, even if he really does. mcnobb isn't the great qb the media, especially at the time, makes him out to be. He's not the worst, but he's not the best.

It is racist to say it. I don't agree that it should be racist, but this is on a whole different plane. Rush would be the owner of the team, managing black players. If a white boss at my job said a black person sucks at what they do, they would be fired. They wouldn't be allowed to run the place.

As a Steelers fan, I'd just like to say #$%@$^@$^#!!!! DE Aaron Smith is out for the season with a shoulder injury, which is completely horrible news for the Stillers. The last time Smith got hurt in 2007, our defense pretty much sucked. He may be more important than Polamalu.

Apparently Kirchkie and Ziggy Hood will fill in, maybe a little Nick Eason as well, but they are nowhere near Smith level and won't be able to replicate what he did. This injury is going to make it a whole hell of a lot harder to repeat.

So the TRUTH is RACIST if a white person says it? WOW, welcome to the new amerika.

If what Rush said was racist then the 2 black guys, Michael Irvin and tom jackson, should have had the guts to say something to him at the time. THEY DIDN"T, they probably didn't really think there was anything wrong with it at the time. Then jesse jackson helped them get their minds right and realize that a white person said something somewhat negitive about a black qb. TIME TO LYNCH the white guy, in jesse's mind.

Rush has black people on his staff right now, he has black friends like Clarence Thomas. He is not a racist. He made a comment about the MEDIA's desire to have a black qb do well, that's all.

If he was the owner of the rams he would want to put the best players on the field regardless of their skin color, he wouldn't care.

Who is deciding who is allowed to own a team? The government? Jese Jackson? The black players?

By the way, the head of the players union is a big supporter of abama and he told the team owners that he would "get the white house involved' if Rush was allowed to be an owner. rep. shiela jackson lee, from California, went to the floor of the house of reps on tuesday and critized a PRIVATE U.S. Citizen (Rush) for quotes FALSELY attributed to him.
The US Government attacking a PRIVATE CITIZEN.

The Racists won, they kept a WHITE GUY from being in a group of people who owned a team. Yes, I'm calling jesse jackson and the others involved racists.

It doesn't matter now, Rush has withdrawn from the group.
Actually, he was dropped. Big difference.

The left wing racists and bigots in the nfl let politics get in the way of selling the lambs to a guy who is a huge fan and would have been a great ambassador for the league.
Yeah...if we conveniently ignore the fact he's made racial slurs to the racial group which makes up 70+% of the NFL. :rolleyes:

Uhh, no. He said them on national television.

Of course they won't. They've already made it clear they don't support racists like you.

Yes, why would a rich white guy want black people to work for him? Clearly, having black people work for a rich white guy could NEVER equal racism. :rolleyes:

Preventing a white guy from becoming an owner, when there are a lack of black owners makes the NFL racist? Please explain how that logic makes sense.

Given you seem to be a fan of Rush Limbaugh, I can understand how you'd miss this one.

The word is called "professionalism". I know it's foreign to Limbaugh and his groupies, but you should look it up.

I know you don't listen to Rush, so I won't comment on your ignorance of his views.
No one intelligent listens to Rush. You agree with conservative ideals, I don't have a problem with that. But no one intelligent listens to Rush, just the ignorant sheep who love being told what to think listen to Rush.

Is that a racist remark?
Simply unbelievable...

So the TRUTH is RACIST if a white person says it? WOW, welcome to the new amerika.

If what Rush said was racist then the 2 black guys, Michael Irvin and tom jackson, should have had the guts to say something to him at the time. THEY DIDN"T, they probably didn't really think there was anything wrong with it at the time. Then jesse jackson helped them get their minds right and realize that a white person said something somewhat negitive about a black qb. TIME TO LYNCH the white guy, in jesse's mind.
It's amazing people like you actually are given the right to reproduce...

Rush has black people on his staff right now, he has black friends like Clarence Thomas. He is not a racist.
:lmao:

Yes, because clearly having a black friend means you can't be racist.

Who is deciding who is allowed to own a team? The government? Jese Jackson? The black players?
Well, in this case, the group that is wanting to buy the Rams, but don't want the negative publicity that Rush has brought upon himself.

I find it humorous you keep saying that Rush should be allowed to say what he wants, and yet when the NFL wishes to exercise that same freedom, then suddenly it's wrong. Give me one reason why the NFL SHOULDN'T be allowed with whom they go into business with?

The US Government attacking a PRIVATE CITIZEN.
And it's about time. That private citizen has been using US regulated air waves to try and ruin people's lives for years. It's about time he gets a taste of his own medicine.

The Racists won
On the contrary, the NFL and its fans won.

they kept a WHITE GUY from being in a group of people who owned a team. Yes, I'm calling jesse jackson and the others involved racists.
This is completely false...well, not the part about Jesse Jackson being a racist, but about a WHITE GUY being kept from owning a team. The NFL didn't prevent a white guy from owning a team, they kept a loudmouthed, obnoxious and racist jerk from owning a team.

I feel this is completely justified

Associated Press said:
CINCINNATI -- The Bengals avoided a local television blackout for their game against the Houston Texans -- with an assist from Motorola and receiver Chad Ochocinco.
The club announced on Friday that it had sold enough tickets for Sunday's game to keep its streak intact. The past 46 Bengals games have been shown on local television.
More than 3,000 tickets remained on Thursday, when the club got a one-day extension from the NFL for avoiding a blackout.
Motorola, which is a longtime Bengals sponsor and has a partnership with Ochocinco, bought 1,200 tickets and will give them away Saturday -- with the receiver's help -- at Paul Brown Stadium.
The Bengals (4-1) have won four in a row and are in sole possession of first place in the AFC North.

This does not affect me at all, because I am a Jets fan who lives in Pennsylvania, but being a fan of the eccentric Wide Receiver, hearing things like this makes me wonder why people hate on him so much. He does an awful lot giving (he is giving tickets to games through his twitter/website all year, and he regularly gives other stuff away too), more-so then every other player I can think of. He is rather amusing in his sound-bytes and on twitter, and always has fun while playing the game. Most importantly, he is still a great receiver (unlike Terrell Owens, who seems to have lost a step or 2).

I won't reply to your ignorant hateful post; read this;

"I am deeply disturbed by the unfair treatment Rush Limbaugh received at the hands of the nfl and the smear campaign orchestrated by many in the media to brand him a racist.
Is the way Rush Limbaugh is being treated fair? Probably not, but
  • when is life fair?
  • when someone tries to make a major investment in a sports team, the established owners have a right to look into the potential owners, and choose who they want in their fraternity. MLB didn't want Mark Cuban to get his hands on the Cubs, and they got their wish.
Rush Limbaugh was denied the opportunity to own part of an nfl franchis because he's a conservative, straight white male and a staunch critic of obama's agenda.
  • have you ever heard of spellcheck? if a word is misspelled, then (at least on my computer, I get he red squiggly underline saying I messed up. The word is franchisE, not franchis. Spelling errors hurt the effectiveness of your arguement.
  • Rush Limbaugh was denied ownership in the NFL not because of his conservativeness, but because he is a loud (I'm trying not to say obnoxious), polarizing figure. His opinion on Obama has nothing to do with it.
If mr goodell and the owners view Rush as too divisive, then what must they think about the millions of nfl fans that listen to Rush and hold season tickets?

If Rush is considered a 'racist' and can't be an owner, does that mean his listeners are also racist who don't deserve to sit in nfl stadiums?

There is a big difference between fans of Limbaugh and Limbaugh himself. Limbaugh's NFL fan listeners aren't divisive, because they do not bring their political agenda wherever they go. I gather that you are a listener of Rush Limbaugh. If you walked down the street, nobody would recognize you, because you aren't famous. Therefore, the NFL couldn't give a crap if they are conservative, liberal, socialist, or terrorist (maybe they would hate a terrorist).

If the league and the players assoc. are going to discriminate againest Rush, why should conseratives put money into the nfl's coffers and pay the players exorbitant salaries?

Because professional sports have nothing to do with politics. NFL fans are divided 32 different ways (fans of each team). NFL is not divided by political beliefs. And as I said earlier, it isn't about Rush's political beliefs, it is about his loudness, and his polarizing factor.

The nfl commisssioner and owners were pressured by the players assoc. and black race hustlers, al sharpton and jesse jackson to derail Rush's chance of owning a part of the rams.

The NFL did nothing to derail Rush's chances. The reports came out that he was part of the ownership group, then all hell broke loose with the racism allegations (and they are just that, allegations). The NFL did not start the allegations, and the heat got so big, that the head of the group Rush was a part of ultimitely pulled him, because he became a liability to their chances, which would have happened whether the allegations came out or not.

When will white americans stop caving in to shakedown artists like sharpton and jackson, whose claim to any moral authority is a joke?
....................I got nothing to argue here. Sharpton and Jackson are rather annoying, and I do not like either one. HOWEVER, I must say I find it ironic that you make sure to capitalize Rush Limbaugh's name, but you do not capitalize anybody you perceive as Liberal (Sharpton, Jackson, NFL Commissioner, NFL Players Accociation, etc). Once again your spelling and grammar really hrt your arguement, and make you sound like an uneducated fool, instead of an educated person.

This should be a wakeup call for white americans too stop supporting organizations who don't have the spine to say 'no' to hate mongers or stand up on behalf of the rights of every american to pursue liberty and happiness."
So stop supporting the NFL because Dave Checketts pulled Rush Limbaugh, a polarizing political figure, from his potential ownership group? That is a bad idea, especially since he has stated that his goal is to keep the team in St. Louis, which is admirable. Should I hate the NFL, because they didn't want a polarizing figure, who would have divided a fanbase in half, to own their team? No, because they are trying to save the St. Louis Rams, and splitting the fan base is the last thing they need.

Comments?
  1. Who is this quote from? You make it sound like this post is a quote from somebody, and you even put quotation marks at he beginning, but you never say who said it.
  2. PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, read over what you post before you post it, and correct the grammar and spelling. It isn't because we cannot understand what you are saying (unless the mistake is REALLY bad), it is that you come off like an uneducated fool when you misspell or use incorrect grammar.
  3. I know you will probably use my post to call me a "f'n Lib" or some other derogatory term for someone who leans left. Don't do that, because I am a conservative. I just despise Rush Limbaugh, because he is an annoying far-right jackass. I do not support anybody who refuses to listen to what the other side has to say, and as such I hate Rush Limbaugh.

Jason Whitlock brought it up, and was saying it in a sarcastic tone, but why all of the hate towards Rush (I get the hate, but hypothetical) and no one turns a blind eye to the likes of Jay Z having an ownership claim in the Nets, or Nelly having an ownership role in the Bobcats. I get the culture betweent he NFL and the NBA is different, but it's selective criticism that Rush is indeed taking.

I'm not going to argue pro Limbaugh, for the love of God I think the man is simply a race baiter and says shit to stir up a reaction. For arguments sake though, Rush Limbaugh to my knowledge has never publically used the Term ******. On the Flip Side, you have Jay Z and Nelly using the words ***** (I'm assuming since I don't listen to their music) on recorded albums. Not only are they slandering their own race, but they have many songs and lyrics that degrade women...

So that being said, why all of the backlash to Rush who simply has made innuendo in his speach, as opposed to the likes of Jay Z and Nelly that have flat out degrading both African Americans and Women?

Rick Reilly is lucky to have a job. The guy is a mockery in the sports journalism industry, and most people consider him nothing more then Shock Jock material. That article was a load of crap. The Chad Johnson Biography is actually a damn good read and let's you get into the mind of Chad Johnson. I'm pretty sure Reilly's shit article was tongue and cheek. Rick Reilly is a compelte and utter douche bag and a half.

I am really impressed with how the Giants and Saints are doing this year. I believe that they are two of the best teams in the East as both have great defenses and good offenses. My picks look something like this.

HOUSTON TEXANS (2-3) VS CINCINNATI BENGALS (4-1)-Live from Paul Brown Stadium in Cincinnati, OH
(BENGALS; The Bengals have so much going for them right now and they have an actual chance to start the season with a 6-1 record. But they have to win this week against a Texans team that seems to play well every other week. We’ll see which Texans team shows up this week.)
Your Pick:

DETROIT LIONS (1-4) VS GREEN BAY PACKERS (2-2)-Live from Lambeau Field in Green Bay, WI
(PACKERS; The Packers have not let to the Lions at home since 1990. Yes, it has been that long. I don’t expect that streak to end here.)
Your Pick:

SAINT LOUIS RAMS (0-5) VS JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS (2-3)-Live from Jacksonville Jaguars Stadium in Jacksonville, FL
(JAGUARS; The Jaguars have a great game to help them recover from the horrifying performance of last week. Though they need a healthy David Gerard to guarantee a win unless Maurice Jones Drew can pull something out of the hat. The Rams are hopeless right now and do not look to be going anywhere.)
Your Pick:

BALTIMORE RAVENS (3-2) VS MINNESOTA VIKINGS (5-0)-Live from the HHH Metrodome in Minneapolis, MN
(VIKINGS; The Ravens are falling quickly after two straight losses and it will be interesting to see how well they do in a tough game at the Metrodome. The Vikings have not really been tested by a good defense except for the game against the Niners and this will be a great chance to see how good they really are.)
Your Pick:

NEW YORK GIANTS (5-0) VS NEW ORLEANS SAINTS (4-0)-Live from the Superdome in New Orleans, LA
(SAINTS; Game of the week! This game will score high on the ratings list. I can see the game going down to the final moments but I also see a rested and home team named the Saints taking this over the Giants.)
Your Pick:

CLEVELAND BROWNS (1-4) VS PITTSBURGH STEELERS (3-2)-Live from Heinz Field in Pittsburgh, PN
(STEELERS; Is there any doubt? If the Steelers find a way to lose, I will write the word ‘I love Brady Quinn’ on my car. That is how much faith I got in the Steelers this week.)
Your Pick:

CAROLINA PANTHERS (1-3) VS TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS (0-5)-Live from Raymond James Stadium in Tampa, Florida
(BUCS; UPSET NUMBER 1 OF THE WEEK! The Panthers scared me last week and pretty much convinced me that they are not where they need to be. The Bucs also played badly but they have done well against the Panthers at home and I believe that they can pull this one off even with all the bad players that they have. This could and very well may be the Bucs first win of the year.)
Your Pick:

KANSAS CITY CHIEFS (0-5) VS WASHINGTON REDSKINS (2-3)-Live from Fed Ex Field in Washington, D.C.
(REDSKINS; The Redskins are the safer pick in this one though I have a sick feeling that the Chiefs may pull this one off. I hope the Skins can win a game that they should win at home.)
Your Pick:

AFTERNOON GAMES

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES (3-1) VS OAKLAND RAIDERS (1-4)-Live from McAfee Coliseum in Oakland, CA
(EAGLES; COME ON, THIS GAME WILL BE NO CONTEST.)
Your Pick:

ARIZONA CARDINALS (2-2) VS SEATTLE SEAHAWKS (2-3)-Live from Quest Field in Seattle, WA
(HAWKS; With Matt Hassleback unbeaten at home and the Hawks playing better lately, I can see the Hawks winning this one over their rivals. It would help me record wise and the 49ers as the division gets tighter.)
Your Pick:

TENNESSEE TITANS (0-5) VS NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS (3-2)-Live from Foxborough at Gillette Stadium
(PATRIOTS; The Titans have one of the worst pass defenses in the league and are facing a Pats team with a great passing game and a great home crowd. The Pats should win this.)
Your Pick:

BUFFALO BILLS (1-4) VS NEW YORK JETS (3-2)-Live from the Meadowlands at Giants Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey.
(JETS; The Jets recover from two straight losses with a win against a Bills team in total disarray.)
Your Pick:

SUNDAY NIGHT

CHICAGO BEARS (3-1) VS ATLANTA FALCONS (3-2)-Live from the Georgia Dome in Atlanta, GA
(FALCONS; After the show the Falcons put against the Niners last week, I can see them playing well like that again this week but do not expect them to score 45 points. But I do believe that they will win.)
Your Pick:

MONDAY NIGHT

DENVER BRONCOS (5-0) VS SAN DIEGO CHARGERS (2-2)-Live from Qualcomm Stadium in San Diego, CA
(CHARGERS; UPSET OF THE WEEK 2! The Chargers have dominated this feud lately and while I can see this being close, I can also see this game going to the desperate team as the Chargers need this game a lot and will be throwing everything they can at a great Broncos team.)
Your Pick:

Here are my predictions:

The obvious:

- Expect the Steelers to blowout the Browns.
- Expect Philly to light it up against Oakland.
- The Titans declining pass defense will give Brady and the Patriots a career day.
- The Packers explosive offense will dominate the Lions. The Lions could put up a few points -- watch out there.
- Panthers defeat the Bucs. Bucs defense has been terrible this year. They miss their D-Coordinator.
- Until Buffalo can get their offensive line healthy, they can't win games. Jets should win by a few.

Upset Alert:

Texans vs Bengals - This is the true test for the Bengals defense. The Texans had the best offense in the NFL last year behind the Saints. If the Bengals can limit this offense behind 300 yards, I am convinced they can win their division this year which is a huge bonus for me. Unfortunately, I do not think the Bengals can pull it off. Matt Schaub-Andre Johnson led offense will sneak up on them and may pull off an upset.

Jaguars vs Rams: Jack Del Rio has been awful as d-coordinator for the Jags. The Rams put up 400 total yards against the Vikings defense. Potential upset for the Rams.

Must win games / Season-determined Games:

Cardinals vs Seahawks:
NFC West match-up. I'm not going to judge a team from a blowout win. This is a test of how good the Seahawks' offense and defense REALLY is.

Broncos vs San Diego Chargers: If the Broncos defense can do a good job keeping the Chargers explosive pass offense in check, and give their RB's a long day, then I am 100% confident Denver's defense is the real fucking deal. As for the Chargers, if they lose, they don't need to be worried about Oakland/KC. If they win & can mass 300+ total yards against the Broncos defense, they should be most confident and Denver should be most worried. Based on last week, its tough to say who wins.

Chiefs vs Redskins: The Chiefs offense is pretty darn good. They scored 24 points against Baltimore and gave the Cowboys a game. Hell, they even had a game tying drive against Dallas too. The Chiefs should preform average (not awful) against the Redskins defense. The Redskins offense has been really struggling as of late as they should keep Kansas City in it. Unfortunately, I doubt Kansas City can finish a game and the Redskins should win by the 4th quarter. Then again, a disaster could happen in D.C

The showdowns:

Ravens vs Vikings:

I can not give a comfortable prediction here. Both teams have really, really, been confusing me. Both defenses has been playing extremely inconsistent. The Vikings, (regardless of the fact most of it came from garbage time) gave freaking 400-total yards against the Rams. You would think the Vikings defense can close a game better than that. Same for Baltimore. I don't need to get into it in detail. Giving 24 to KC, Phillip Rivers passing for over 400 yards, and giving away a 100-yard rusher in 40 games speaks enough of Baltimore's inconsistency on their defense as well. Not good. Both offenses are great though. They've both found a new passing identity. This could even be a shootout. Unlikely though, as both teams love to control time of possession. Down to turnovers. Ravens' defense should come into the game with a chip on their shoulder. Brett Favre should light it up. Close game to call.

Bears vs Falcons: Sorry Atlanta. Bears defense will not give the 'Big Three' a career day like the 49ers did. The Bears offense should get it together in this game and take a comfortable lead in the 4th quarter. Should be a great game.

Saints vs Giants:

Close, close game. I expect both teams to control the clock. Not a high scoring game. The Giants and Eli Manning thrive in these situations. The Giants are on the big stage, on the road, and as the underdogs. You couldn't ask for better scenario eh? Giants win. Game will be decided on turnovers.

As if their not already filled with them right? But my thread here is to discuss what in my opinion was a ******ed move by Snyder and Co. That was letting DC Greg Williams go and not hiring him as the next Head Coach. Williams is a brilliant Defensive Mind and The Skins needed a defensive minded coach, but once again they went for the so called offensive guru in Zorn as they did in the past with offensive minds like Norv Turner & Steve Spurrier, and we know neither of those turned out well. Williams was a players Coach and was set to be the next HC for them but of course Snyder fucks it up as usual. Agree? If not tell me why so, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back