NFL MVP

J.J.

Mid-Card Championship Winner
I would say it looks like this one is going down to the wire for many. From what I've been seeing on Sport forums is it's coming down to Cam Netwon and Carson Palmer. Many Sports writers feel with Carolina's loss on Sunday de-committed Netwon as the runaway winner.

Me personally I still choose Cam. 14-0 to start the season, he does not have the privilege of having a perennial Pro Bowl runner like Chris Johnson and a future Hall of Famer like Larry Fitzgerald as offensive weapons. Cam lost second year #1 WR Kelvin Benjamin in training camp and has managed to take a guy like Ted Ginn who performed subpar in Arizona and manage to connect with him for 10 Touchdown passes, while still targeting Greg Olsen, Rookie Devin Funchess and Philly Brown. Not to mention his 8 scores with his feet.

Carson Palmer is having a season similar to Kurt Warner when he led the Cardinals to the Super Bowl several seasons ago. I must say he is playing career best Football that eclipses anything he did with the Bengals and Raiders while helping Chris Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald see a resurgence in their performance. It's safe to say we all thought those 3 had seen their better days on the field until this season. I give credit for Palmer who is coming off what many would've thought been career altering injury or career ending due to his age. I will say he's a great recipient for the Comeback award but Cam deserves the MVP this year.

Who do you all think will win the award?

It's got to be Cam.

To this day I'm pissed about Brees not winning MVP in 2009. He started out 13-0 himself, had Manning beat in every statistical number that mattered.... yet, Peyton was the one to get the MVP honors. Makes my blood boil.

So for me to sit here and pretend that Brady or Palmer deserves it over Cam, that would just show bias I have out of my hatred for the Saints competition in the NFC South. Or it would just show some racism. Whichever you want to go with.

But, I'm a fair person and I don't consider myself a racist, so I will be honest and say there's absolutely no way anyone deserves this year's NFL MVP Award over Cam Newton.

Even forgetting about the 14-0 record, when Kelvin Benjamin went down in camp, everyone, including myself, said, "Well, Cam's not going to have anyone to throw the ball too except a tight end." I thought there was no way they would be able to win without some quality some receivers. But Cam, in true MVP fashion, turned a bunch of guys nobody else wanted into superstars and playmakers.

What Cam's done this season has been truly remarkable and he's absolutely, without a shadow of a doubt, the most valuable player on his team in the league. There's not an argument that can be made against it.

GlMuxTx.gif

Passing, running, leading, winning. The young man has done it all this year. That laser beam he threw to Ed Dickson in the back of the end zone a couple weeks ago was astounding. I could feel the wind off of it through the TV. Great year for Cam. jmt, even the most ardent racist (or NFC South rival, apparently) would concede that he's just plain outplayed the competition. Besides, to paraphrase an anecdote from Tony Atlas on WWE Legends of Wrestling Roundtable, "Cam, you're not black or white. You're green." Kid is money.

I definitely thought the NFC South would've been all New Orleans and Atlanta with Carolina rounding out a behind them a hair above Tampa Bay. NO did a good job at really exposing a big weakness in Carolina's secondary. They exploited Colin Jones early and showed that Josh Norman can be beat with speed and cutting across the middle. Atlanta really took advantage of that film - Norman was torched badly Sunday and they easily got the best of the secondary. NO is also the last team to play against a fully healthy Panther team SANS Charles Tillman.

If it's not Cam then I'm just done with any type of MVP award in any sport. Palmer has had a hell of a year and considering the injuries the Patriots have had Brady has had a good season as well. However both those guys didn't take some team that most people believed wouldn't make the playoffs and to a 14-0 record to start the season? No way. Cam has been sensational with his poise and leadership. How was his 9 yard run this week when he got hit run 1 into the run and then the Falcons just kept hitting him but Cam was spinning and everything to try and get that first down. Showed how strong Cam really is. Also the amount of clutch 3rd downs he has thrown this year has been amazing (especially against the giants two weeks ago). Dude lost his best receiver and also had the Falcons who went 6-0 right on their tails. Cam has not let up at any time this year and really deserves that MVP.

If it isn't Cam they ought to get rid of the fucking award.

Neigh upon undefeated season, running, passing, leadership, little to no supporting cast, the man does it all, and is all things.

I would put only Tom Brady as a close second, for all the same reasons. Similar defenses, worse record and stats gives the award to Cam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back