New WWE PPV!

nbieclkl91

Quote the Raven, nevermore.
Ok so I'm watching the promos for Rock vs Cena at WM 28 znd I started thinking about a new idea for a PPV. What if the WWE created a PPV featuring WWE Legends and Hall of Famers called 'WWE Clash of Legends' or something like that?

Now, this could either be an annual ppv or just a one time deal but it would be really cool to see legends come back for one night to square off against todays new talent. My first card would look like this.

Stone Cold & The Rock vs CM Punk & John Cena
Bob Orton vs Randy Orton
Bret Hart vs Chris Jericho
Dusty Rhodes vs Cody Rhodes vs Goldust
Trish Stratus & Lita vs Beth Pheonix & Natalya
Shawn Michaels vs Dolph Ziggler
Triple H vs The Miz

Mod Note:

Guys, this is a NON-SPAM thread. Either follow the rules or you'll be infracted!!

I like the idea in theory. Many of the matches you listed could happen, but I would get rid of Dusty, Bob Orton, and Bret Hart because they just can't get it done in the ring anymore/ Aside from that, I would be interested in some of these matches.

Meh it would be a disaster, these dude's are too damn old to be wrestling period! And I really don't wanna see HBK break his promise ala Flair.

The idea is there, and it looks good on paper...but I think it would fall flat. Most of them can't wrestle anymore.

Here is a line-up that I like though...

Rock vs Cena (if the WM28 match were to never happen)
Austin vs Punk
Jericho vs Miz
Michales vs Ziggler
Goldust vs Cody
Trish vs Beth
Lita vs Eve (Eve is more of an equivalent as far as athletic ability)
Big Show vs Brodus Clay
*SIDE NOTE* I wish WWE had a solid tag team...cause then I'd say E&C vs (insert team)

These are the stars of today that closely RESEMBLE the "legends" that can still wrestle. I suppose you could go more into a fantasy booking using older stars.

Unfortunately we have already seen Cena lift Big Show up, but there has always been a match I have been wanting to see re-created. Hogan vs Andre the Giant, only with Cena vs either Brodus Clay or Big Show.

I love this idea. I actually created a Ring in WWE 12 using the WWE Hall Of Fame and WWE Legends Logos with gold ropes for this event. I call it WWE Hall Of Legends. In theory, and in my case, in video games, this PPV idea works and works out really well, but taking into consideration the ages of these Hall Of Famers and Legends, it would be like watching the senior circuit in any other sport. I, myself, wouldn’t mind it, but I know many others that would $#!+ all over the idea. I think this PPV should take place in February, the PPV before WM, and move Elimination Chamber to another month. That would help give storylines a chance to really build from Royal Rumble to the Grandest Stage Of Them All.

Ok so I'm watching the promos for Rock vs Cena at WM 28 znd I started thinking about a new idea for a PPV. What if the WWE created a PPV featuring WWE Legends and Hall of Famers called 'WWE Clash of Legends' or something like that?

You again? Great...

Now, this could either be an annual ppv or just a one time deal but it would be really cool to see legends come back for one night to square off against todays new talent. My first card would look like this.

Right. And make whatever young guy loses look pathetic for losing someone who can't wrestle.

Stone Cold & The Rock vs CM Punk & John Cena
What is people infatuation with comparing Punk to Austin? They are nothing alike. Not to mention how dumb it would be to have two pairs who dislike each other. There'll be more build as to how "unstable" the teams are rather than "this is some All-Star Tag Team".
Bob Orton vs Randy Orton

Randy is FAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRR bigger than his dad. Not to mention how old and out of shape he is.
Bret Hart vs Chris Jericho
Didn't we get this already on Raw? Or was it The Miz who got squashed by the guy who had a stroke?

Dusty Rhodes vs Cody Rhodes vs Goldust
I assume cowbells and a bullrope will be involved.

Trish Stratus & Lita vs Beth Pheonix & Natalya
Meh.

Shawn Michaels vs Dolph Ziggler
This screams B-PPV.

Triple H vs The Miz

Can you say "slaughter"?

No. They're legends, I get that, but I don't want to watch a bunch of oldies with walking sticks trying to wrestle. The matches would be horrendous in my opinion, it's a good IDEA, but in reality the amount of balls it would suck would literally blow up the universe. They had their day and we should leave it at that.

This isn't TNA.

(I'm sorry, I had to throw that in there)

Couldn't be any worse then themed ppv's

as for names
Legends of Wrestling - which is a name they already own copyright too due to the wresling game or something like

Starrcade - The actually granddaddy of all PPV's 2 or 3 yrs b4 WrestleMania 1 and the name sais it all. Star Power

Immortal. haha that would piss TNA off :p

Kings of The Ring - Since they don't seem to ever want to do King of The Ring again

problem is there's not too many "legends" left that could still go and or are willing/able to return to WWE for one reason or another so it would have to be only a few times.

Good idea for novelty purposes though. It would be a quick/short burst in sales and Ratings for the month leading upto it and the few weeks after.

Ricky Steamboat has kept an good level in wrestling when he fight Jericho at WM25,for Snuka and Piper it's not the same thing.
i can imagine and PPV like this cos many wrestlers knows many injuries,and an other match could maybe theirs health.

Ill go ahead and make a card for it, though I wouldn't want this to happen because I think these guys, most of them at least, should stay out of the ring in a wrestling fashion.

The Rock vs. John Cena Part 2
-This match has obvious reasons no need to go into much explanation.

Stone Cold vs. Randy Orton
-Austin & Rock are easily the top two guys outta the attitude era. In my opinion Orton and Cena are the top guys since the attitude era. Rock/Cena lets have Orton/Austin. Id have the Orton who was punting everyone. The psychotic one pre viper era.

The Undertaker vs. Wade Barrett
-I was bummed we never got anything from this. Barrett and Nexus helped bury Taker alive and he just came back and I don't believe they ever had any conclusion for that. I think it would be a good matchup Barrett is a believable opponent for the Deadman.

Goldberg vs. Sheamus
-I think these guys are similar in size and in ring style. Both have high impact moves and this would be similar to the Goldberg/Brock build up but actually a match.

John Bradshaw Layfield vs. CM Punk
-This obviously wouldn't be a wrestling clinic but I think the feud would be awesome. JBL is one of my favorites on the mike, never would have thought it before the JBL gimmick. These two would be a great commentary team as well haha. But the feud would be great in my opinion both men could rip each other apart on the mike.

Chris Jericho vs. Tyson Kidd
-Im a huge fan of Tyson Kidd. He's a great wrestler, he isn't bad on the mike the only thing holding him back in the WWE is his size. I think a match between these two would be fantastic.

Intercontinental Championship
Cody Rhodes(c) vs. Goldust
-Im hoping for this to happen at Extreme Rules with it being a title vs. career match. This feud has so much potential and it has so much going for it with them being brothers. Really hoping WWE doesn't miss this opportunity for this, Cody needs a good feud over the belt and Goldust would be perfect for it.

Shawn Michaels vs. Dolph Ziggler
-This match pretty much speaks for itself. Ziggler is arguably one of the best in the ring right now putting on great matches each night. HBK well he's HBK no explanation needed.

Tag Team Match
Edge & Christian vs. The Kings Of Wrestling(pretty sure they are under contract just haven't debuted yet)
-Ive watched a few matches of the KOW and they're great. I think the WWE could really build a division around them if they brought in 1 or 2 more teams to work with them. Edge & Christian are two of my favorite superstars of all time and them together was great. One of WWE's best teams and they helped bring the tag division to a place i don't think it will ever get back to.

Six Diva Tag Team Match
Trish, Victoria & Lita vs. Phoenix, Kharma & Natalya
-Just a bunch of really top notch divas. Couldn't decide who I wanted to face off so threw them all together.

Rey Mysterio vs. Daniel Bryan
-Was gonna put Sin Cara in this but in all honesty he hasn't shown me anything that great. I think a match between these two would be awesome. Bryan is a great wrestler we all know that and working with someone with a high flying arsenal like Reys would mesh very well.

i have always wanted to see the dudley boys vs the nasty boys in a tables match. so i would add this to this list above. i belive this match would be an epic example of what true brawling in this business is about. theses were 4 big ole tough guys that loved to dish out punishment and and werent afraid to take it either.

I wouldn't mind integrating old guys in. However not every match. That would mean a lot of bad matches, a lot of injuries, and at some point, some young guy is going to have to sell a really shitty looking punch.

If you want to see these kinds of matches, just google search "indy wrestling in *wherever you live*" and you'll get it. You'll see old dudes beating young guys who are overselling all over the card.

Or have old guys in the corners of you guys?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back