ECW ONS not reall ECW PPV

realblackhart

Mid-Card Championship Winner
This PPV isn't really a ECW PPV like the one last year.

Rey Mysterio (C) vs. Sabu

John Cena (C) vs. Rob Van Dam

Kurt Angle vs. Randy Orton

Mick Foley & Edge vs. Terry Funk & Tommy Dreamer

Tazz vs. Jerry Lawler

Every match contains a WWE guy except for the 1st one if you consider mysterio ECW.
Cena, Orton, Edge, Lawler
There's gotta be more matches in this thing added on the WWE vs ECW show

realblackhart said:

Tazz vs. Jerry Lawler

Every match contains a WWE guy except for the 1st one if you consider mysterio ECW.

Only Cena, Orton, Angle, Edge and Lawler were never in the ECW.

Exactly every match contains a non-ecw guy except for Mysterio vs sabu but technically theres no talk of Mysterio leaving smackdown, so it's every match.

Well Lawler and Angle are iffy, Angle was going to do something in ECW, I think with Tazz, until Raven crucifying The Sandman pisst him off (Which I doubt was Kurts REAL reason why he broke off all ties with ECW in 96.), and Lawler worked a program with Tommy Dreamer in ECW around Summer of 97.. As far as ever being on The ECW Roster, no, they were never part of ECW.

DeathIsARight said:
Only Cena, Orton, Angle, Edge and Lawler were never in the ECW.

That was what he was saying, there is no match on the ECW Pay-Per-View that actually contained only ECW guys (with the exception of Rey Mysterio for his short amount of time).

Personally, I think calling it ONS again is stupid, and I hate the entire WWE vs ECW concept.

ya pretty much every match has a non ecw member, but it seems like it will be a good ppv

angle was on ECW for like a Night...he didnt like it and quit...

but yea well they are gonna win a title sooooo it works out for them

TheFiend said:
Well Lawler and Angle are iffy, Angle was going to do something in ECW, I think with Tazz, until Raven crucifying The Sandman pisst him off (Which I doubt was Kurts REAL reason why he broke off all ties with ECW in 96.), and Lawler worked a program with Tommy Dreamer in ECW around Summer of 97.. As far as ever being on The ECW Roster, no, they were never part of ECW.

Not trying to start a holy war or get all religious on here.. but why wouldn't a crucifix be Angle's REAL reason why he broke off ties?

I think that Vince thinks ECW won't sell without WWE *superstars*. This should be ECW ONLY. All the other matches should be on the WWE vs. ECW thingy this Wednesday.

IMO, it doesn't really matter if this is or isn't gonna be filled with ECW stars. I mean, Vince is still signing the pay checks and having WWE people book the shows. ECW is WWE, get it straight. This is really just a chance for WWE to showcase some of its talent better seeing as the Buy-rate on the PPV will be huge just cause of ECW!

ECW is its own product. It can sell all by itself. But Vince is Vince and he wants all the money he can handle. He's making this new ECW just WWE but all No Holds Barred matches. It can't even be called ECW. Its more like WWECW. The matches will be good-no doubt-but the magic of ONS I won't be there for ONS II

Think of it this way: WWE Raw, WWE Smackdown and WWE ECW. There will be talent going back and forth unless ECW doesn't do so well.

aah ur kinda right... but some of the matches look altright... personally i can't wait for Orton vs Angle! I love both of these two stars and they can put on a great show! I'm behind Orton! Yea... if i can remember, last year they didn't even announce one match... so maybe at WWE vs ECW or Smackdown they'll make more, but we'll prob deff. see more than 5 matches!

lalakerz said:
aah ur kinda right... but some of the matches look altright... personally i can't wait for Orton vs Angle! I love both of these two stars and they can put on a great show! I'm behind Orton! Yea... if i can remember, last year they didn't even announce one match... so maybe at WWE vs ECW or Smackdown they'll make more, but we'll prob deff. see more than 5 matches!

ya i also can't wait for orton vs angle should be a great match, possibly the best of the night

^Unfortunately :(

I'd love to see RVD win and Sabu win, they then combine their titles to make the new ECW championship. Raw and SD! reunite and then wwe gets their own WWE championship (Undisputed title belt). Then, we have WWE vs. ECW 2008!

It'll never happen, but i can hope.

cBalls Mahoney vs. Tanaka and FBI vs. Mikey and Tajiri have been added to the ECW One Night Stand PPV on Sunday

What happen to Axel Rotten, why isnt he in this match, no show for Raw or the head to head show.

Another thing SMackdown and Raw wont combine because there would to many guys swept under the rug. This is a perfect time for Raw and Smackdown to showcase their midcarders instead of putting HHH Cena and ark Henry everywhere. Smackdown at least uses Booker, and Finley but now they can showcase the rest of their tallent

realblackhart said:

Tazz vs. Jerry Lawler

their marketing ecw to wwe fans so they will wanna watch the new ecw tv show

Smokeydogg said:
their marketing ecw to wwe fans so they will wanna watch the new ecw tv show

I disagree, last year the matches consisted of only former ECW wrestlers. Smackdown and Raw were there but the matches consisted of former ECW guys only.

this ppv is more or WWE vs ECW if u hadnt noticed,itll b that way 4 awhile may-b even at the SS

Yeah FBI (Nuzio and Marmaluke) vs Tajiri and someone, I didnt think it was Whipwreck but it might of been, and I would expect Credible to be in a match, possibly with Lance Storm, Doring might be there, and Roadkill.. ecw never really used to annouce their matches they just kinda happened or changed to add more people if they felt like it.

flames said:
I dont care about the matches!

randy have to win over Kurt Angle!

Well you are in the minority, most people care about the rest of the pay per view.

Do the rest of you think the Benoit Malenko match will happen then?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back