New Tag Team Idea

Planty

Pride of Manchester
RAW is generally known as a place where midcarders go to die. Or also, upper midcarders from other brands get traded there and... well, don't get much exposure.

Now recently, Swagger has been having run-ins with Evan Bourne and MVP. Masters has also had run-ins with MVP.

Next week I believe they're doing a Swagger vs MVP match, expect to see a Masters interference and Bourne counteracting it.

This could be the start of a great tag team. The Swagger Masters.

Think about it, slowly WWE is rebuilding its tag division. Yes, its not great but now you can say Y2J/Big Show, Cryme Tyme, Hart Dynasty and DX are involved. Its a good mix of smaller stars and then the bigger stars to put them over. Also, there's the ECW talent initative so we could see tag teams formed out of that as an attempt to get two superstars over at once, plus maybe a potential Zeke/Kozlov pairing (if they don't feud).

So the tag team division is beginning to come alive and as a way of stopping each other from losing momentum on RAW, The Swagger Masters team could totally work. Both men are quite over with the crowd and have good all-round builds. Their ring work is fantastic and I just feel they'd have great chemistry. If they win the Unified Tag Team Championships they can compete on multiple brands and get well known across the WWE circuit.

As for Bourne/MVP? I don't think that would have lasting appeal as MVP seems geared to the main event and I don't see why Bourne is on RAW whatsoever when he'd be much better suited to the more athletic showpiece that is Smackdown. They could tag for a little bit whilst feuding with The Swagger Masters though.

But The Swagger Masters? That could stick around.

Just imagine this for Survivor Series:

Legacy (Orton/Rhodes/Dibiase) and The Swagger Masters vs John Cena, DX, MVP and Evan Bourne.

What does everyone think?

I like it.....I think the tag-team division could benefits from a tag team tournement....
similar to the one TNA did about 2 years ago now, they used some mid-level guys and their top talent....
created teams from drawing out of a hat (if i remember correct) and made a mix of teams, some belonged together and some didnt....who came out of that....oh only the best team they have still today BEER MONEY INC.

I like the idea and would like to see a tournement as well for the belts...

sidenote: please just make one belt already, if they are unified wouldn't that be the point of them?

Swagger and Masters? Hmm... That is intriguing. They could very well be a very good tag team. I think I like this idea. Their styles seem like they could mesh together pretty well. They are both brash, cocky individuals. The only gripe I would have is the fact that there are already way too many heel tag teams these days. Also, The Swagger Masters? Kinda silly. All in all, I think it could be a good idea, just likely not to come to fruition.

I was thinking more of Carlito and Chris Masters reforming as a tag team and then feuding with Evan Bourne & Primo, the new London & Kendrick. However, the Swagger and Masters team would be good but I think Swagger wouldn't achevie anything with a tag team and MVP doesn't fit with anyone to form a tag team.

These are just my ideas but I thnik the WWE will just keep them all as single stars but I hope they prove me wrong.

I was thinking more of Carlito and Chris Masters reforming as a tag team and then feuding with Evan Bourne & Primo, the new London & Kendrick. However, the Swagger and Masters team would be good but I think Swagger wouldn't achevie anything with a tag team and MVP doesn't fit with anyone to form a tag team.

The point of Carlito and Primo up was to have them get a singles run, which obviously right now isnt going too well since they werent even on Monday Night Raw yesterday. Maybe in like a year Carlito and Primo can go back to finding tag teams, but the Masters and Swagger team could definitely work as they both have similar styles.

the Swagger Masters could work and could be good, but we need a face team atm, we have no allied heroes other than those two gangstas Shad & JTG, if the Swagger masters happen itll be the heels teams of Hart Dynasty, Swagger Masters, Y2J & Show, Legacy thats 4 v Shad and JTG which is 1, this is assuming that D-X dont go on a tag title hunt when they reunite

I like the idea, although I wanted them to fued but this works form me as well. I think the main problem with the tag teams in the WWE is that they only have two true tag teams(Cryme Tyme, Hart Dynasty) and the rest are just two guys who have a common goal at the time. Think about it, out all their tag teams, the only one that I can think of that has a tag team finisher is the Hart Dynasty.

Yes, I could absolutely see this team working. The first thing I thought when I saw Masters and Swagger in the ring together was that they could mesh well as a team...a possibility would be to have them feud with MVP and Evan Bourne, as both have been involved with those two in recent weeks. Swagger is still to grow on me and so I would like to see him work more in the mid card instead of being thrown into the main event (as has been rumoured in recent weeks) and working in a tag team could be the way to go for now.

i think its a great idea and all, but swagger masters is a HORRIBLE name. worse then beer money lol. Y not call them The Perfect Swagger?

I thought the exact same thing when I was reading the Raw results on here. I think that Chris Masters and Jack Swagger would make a very solid tag team. They are both young (26 years old), cocky, powerful heels who can really help each other out. Even if they aren't a traditional tag team, if they just show that they have each other's back in their matches and one helps the other win matches, then we could be witnessing something very great. As for the name, I thought a good one would be Masters of Swagger, but some of you already had the point of it.

This would be a horrible idea. Swagger is one of RAW's top mid carders and the next in line to go up to the main event. Forming a tag team with Chris Masters of all people would be a huge step backwards for him. Masters hasn't really done anything of note since returning and I don't see him being anything more then a jobber to the stars, like he was his first time in the WWE.

I realize everyone wants to make new tag teams to revitalize the tag division, but you can't do it at the expense of your rising young singles stars. I wouldn't mind seeing Masters maybe forming a tag team with someone but definitely not Swagger. Jack Swagger needs to stay as a singles competitor because right now he is on the brink of the main event.

I like it but WWE has too many heel teams.

That can be fixed by Matt slapping Jeff to get him off mech lol and reforming the Hardy Boyz. Or by turning Legacy or Hart Dynasty face

Forget about Jack Swagger being placed in a tag team. This kid has got the look and the talent to take the reigns of arguably the greatest gimmick in the history of professional wrestling. The gimmick I speak of is "THE NATURE BOY".
Think about it, the blond hair, pearly white teeth, and a strong but not overly muscular physique. Even his name rolls in perfectly, "The Nature Boy" Jack Swagger. Just imagine him stepping out on the entrance ramp in a luxurious, sequined robe with a modified entrance theme. What the hell, use Flair's entrance music. Why not start a feud with Flair to give him just one more run so that he can hand the reins over to a talent who has the potential to be a headliner in the business for the next 15 years. Group him together with Evan Bourne, Matt Hardy, and CM Punk. The modern day 4 Horsemen.
This is just my opinion.

I like it but WWE has too many heel teams.

That can be fixed by Matt slapping Jeff to get him off mech lol and reforming the Hardy Boyz. Or by turning Legacy or Hart Dynasty face

With what has been going on between Matt and Jeff I don't think we will see the Hardys tagging again for a long time, but back to the topic if the WWE is trying to revive their tag team division I have a couple of teams that I think would work well. First there is the team of Regal & Burchill. They have tagged in the past and seem to have great chemistry together in the ring and with both of their current gimmicks and Katie Lea at their side they have every thing they need to be a sucessful as a dominate tag team. Second there is Primo and Borne. Both have very similar styles of wrestling both seem to be generaly liked buy the WWE universe and Neither one is in a major feud with anyone ( 3 weeks fighting against each other does not feud make Carlito & Primo). But there is a way to add a coulpe of legit tag teams to the picture without ruining the main event picture.

I like it.....I think the tag-team division could benefits from a tag team tournement....
similar to the one TNA did about 2 years ago now, they used some mid-level guys and their top talent....
created teams from drawing out of a hat (if i remember correct) and made a mix of teams, some belonged together and some didnt....who came out of that....oh only the best team they have still today BEER MONEY INC.

Beer Money didn't come from the tourney, Storm was teamed with Sting, and Roode was teamed with Booker T. However the tournament idea is a good one, and throwing teams together at random can lead to some good ideas, but can you honestly see WWe using an idea TNA have utilised so recently. Not really relevant but hey. :shrug:

I love tag team wrestling and I wish WWe would utilize it more, its one of the main reasons I love wrestling, and the biggest (if not only) reason I still watch TNA.

Swagger and Masters, would make a great tag team, but I agree it would be a step in the wrong direction for him.

I actually think it would be more beneficial to team him (masters that is) with MVP, not sure if a heal or face team would be better, but both are a little dead in the water at the moment push wise, so teaming them up as competition for Show/Jericho after SS might be pretty cool.

If they had a match with Swagger/Masters Vrs MVP/Bourne. Bourne could loose the match for the team with Master putting him in the Master lock, but not dropping it after the bell. MVP could come in for the save, then help Master beat him down, heel turning him. MVP as heel would be an added bonus of this. They could have the cocky "future of the WWe" heal gimmick..."We are WWe's MVP, and it's Masterpiece, but all we do is sit hear on Raw rotting, while has-beens, like HHH, and Jericho/Big Show hog the lime light" Etc Etc.

The only problem being, WWe doesn't really need another heal tag team at the moment.

Three Things

One, I like the idea of Evan Bourne and Primo joining forces, I have not had too much of a chance to watch Primo wrestle, but I have see Evan Bourne, and he is my second top favorite in WWE, after John Cena. And if Primo's style is like Evan Bourne's then that would make a good team.

Secondly, I have an idea for two teams, I do not have members just a template. The first team will consist of four people, three men and a female. The first male, the leader, would be a techincal wrestler, one that uses his brain, i.e. HHH. The second male, would be a brawler/powerhouse/hardcore wrestler, i.e. Batista, the third male would be a cruiserweight wrestler, i.e. Jeff Hardy, though they don't have to necessarily be a high-flyer. Then the female will be a mix between technical, brawler/powerhouse/hardcore and beauty, i.e. the Glamazon.

The second group will comprise of three males, an almost good example of this group would be Legacy, for it has the ideal male leader for this group, Randy Orton, and the almost ideal tag team for this group, Priceless; however, a better example my tag team group, even though they are in TNA, would be the Motor City Machine Guns or even the Rockers. So basically, this group consists of the male leader who is a combination between technical and brawler/powerhouse/hardcore, John Cena, and the 'twin' tag team, who must be high flyers, and bounce off of each other, like MCMG or the Rockers, Evan Bourne and Primo could become a good example of this group.

Lastly,

For awhile now, I have had an idea for a wrestling event, that I have not yet seen done (though it could have been done, I'm not sure, I just know that I have not seen it. This is basically like a royal rumble, with one difference, instead of trying to eliminate all the contestants and being the last one un the ring, the wrestlers are trying to eliminate all the contestants with two wrestler left in the ring, than the two wrestlers, whoever they are, will have to team up at the next event and fight for the tag team titles. There is another difference between the normal 'royal rumble' and this rumble. In case both members of any tag team end up being selected for this rumble, their will be contendors who will replace the partner that has not yer entered the ring if that partner's number is up, and their partner is still in the ring, this is so that teams do not try and team up to be the last two in the ring.

I like the idea of swagger and masters teaming. Swagger is destined for main event status, but not yet so he needs something to do in the meantime IMO.

Don't think the name 'Swagger Masters' is too great but the idea is awesome:). Maybe they could be called 'The all american masters'.

As much as I think this tag team could work I am not inclined to hope that it happens.

I think Swagger is a main event waiting to happen and I think this tag team could be the kiss of death for Mr. Swagger. It could be the lifeline to the somewhat dull (in my opinion at least) Masters but it would stagnate any push that Swagger could hope for. I think it could be a solid tag team for a long time but I fear if it were to happen the midcard/tag division is where both men would be stuck.

I think the idea of Swagger and Masters teaming up is a ok idea. It could work but it cant' be long term because of Swagger is going to the main event at some point. So id say team them up for mayb 3-4 months than they dispand and give swagger is main event run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back