• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

New John Cena?

Motor City Mayhem

The Canadian Rover.
So as many of you may or may not have seen last night on the opening segment or Raw last night, we saw a new John Cena. This was not the normal Cena we usually see, he was the calm, I love the WWE Universe, I want the title type of Cena, he was a new Cena, he was a type of Cena we've only seen really once before. He was Angry, ferocious, I'm gonna kill you look in his eye type Cena.

The way he came out and just got into Randy Orton's face last night was awesome, it was new, it looked as though it was a a turning point for Cena, no longer will he be that Mister nice guy, he will now be the man on a mission who is angry and will intimidate anyone...Or at least thats what it looked like.

We've seen this before in Cena, Remember right before WM25 the Promo him and Edge had, that was Angry Cena, that was the good Cena...But it went away very quickly.

So I ask, do you think his character will change? Will it be a slow change or a constant change over the coarse of this rivalry with Orton? Will there even be a change?

I truly hope this new Cena stays, but I highly doubt it.

Actually we seen this twice. Do you remember the time when he came out and destroyed Jericho? I really hope this stays because it is really the only time I am interested in Cena. However I don't think it will because as soon as Big Show came out he went right back to cracking jokes instead of attacking Big Show with the same intensity he had with Orton. Is it me or does anyone want to see a dominant face who doesn't get beat up for 20 minutes then hit 4 or 5 moves for the win? I want to see Cena just come out and destroy his opponents for a while but still be the good guy since we probably won't see a heel turn anytime soon.

Well Ive seen this from Cena a few times before, I think he's just portraying the image of "Im being pushed and pushed to the corner until I cant take it anymore and push back" kind of thing. I like the aggressive side of Cena. Not the candycoated saluting the fans thing. I like to see the angry side of Cena because I believe he does have it in him. And I think that gets people's attention better.

This by far is my favorite part of Cena's character. They should let him keep this character and run with it for a while. He could become the most dominating force in the WWE since Brock, but understanding creative and Vince they won't give that to us untill either Cena's sales drop, or someone else sells more merchandise than him.

I think they'll be turning John Cena heel soon. At least it would make him interesting. When he and Orton hit the tandem moves on Big Show and Jericho, they glanced at each other that looked like it might be some kind of foreshadowing.

I think they'll be turning John Cena heel soon. At least it would make him interesting. When he and Orton hit the tandem moves on Big Show and Jericho, they glanced at each other that looked like it might be some kind of foreshadowing.

i doubt it because he's the poster boy of the WWE & a hero to many of the kiddies & his merchandise sales will definitely go down if this were to happen

anyways i like the ruthless aggression too but yea we see it every once in a while now but eventually he goes back to being PG by saluting the fans & stuff

we're all here saying we like this cena, but lets be honest, if we have this cena all the time it would get VERY BORING... my favourite angry cena was the cena/edge feud a few years back, when edge slapped cenas dad and cena went potty and threw edge into the drink... this cena is a brilliant way to build up a feud, but it only works once or twice a year...

It really wasn't a different Cena. Look on YouTube and Hulu, and look at his promos against his face opponents. He always goes back to talking about passion, determination, hustle, loyalty, and respect, etc. And if you think about it, it makes sense. Cena can't make jokes about the faces, he already has 'boos', the crowd would turn him into a heel if he made fun of somebody like Jeff Hardy, Shawn Michaels, Undertaker, Triple H, etc.

The other time when Cena uses this "serious tone" is when he's in a long rivalry with someone. In his 2007 feud with Orton, every Raw was a battle between Orton and Cena. It was either Cena running down and kicking ass, resulting in him getting removed from the building. Or Orton kicking Cena's father, or handcuffing somebody, or just raising hell. The point I'm trying to make is that this isn't new, they've been doing this for years. The only way for Cena to go out there and be more intense, is if he gies out there and acts like fucking Goldberg. The Original Poster pointed out a good point, but it's nothing new.

Id certainly enjoy seeing more of that type or promo than the stuff he does most of the time. Unfortunately just a few minutes later he came out with the big show has bad breath thing you could see coming from a mile away. Its the constant cheese childish jokes that annoy me most about Cena.

That elevated RKO was great.I honestly hope they become a tag team,because whenever they have teamed,they have demolished their opponents.So in short,I like the promo last night that Cena cut,and I hope it means a heel turn is in the works and a team with Orton.

Cena's done this plenty of times.

Even if he does scream into the mic, he's still a babyface, still has limited wrestling, he still never cheats, and still a fangirl's favorite wrestler to cheer.

Though, I agree with you. This mic work is pretty entertaining and fresh. I hope he goes a long with it. Doesn't really hurt anyone.

I'll admit that I haven't personally seen John Cena go quite as ballistic as he did on the mentioned episode before. I have seen him get serious, I have seen him get mad, but it's usually the cold and calm anger in which we hear those famous words "I don't like you and you don't like me" before a majorly brutal match. We've seen a brutal side of Cena several times and every main eventer has it. It's sort of the same thing I see in the difference between the DX version of HHH and the King of Kings version of HHH.

This time how ever...man! That was intense. John Cena exploding all over the place, actually screaming at Orton. I remember sitting on the edge of my seat thinking "wow...did Orton ever piss off the wrong guy" which I'm certain was what I was meant to think. Cena really brought it to the mic and even though I don't think that it means an instant heel turn...it may be a foretaste of what we might get if he ever does go heel. Can you imagine a rage-filled war-machine version of John Cena? Talk about scary. If Orton and Cena ever did team up in heel fashion, I could see Orton mentoring Cena on how to effectively channel that anger for effective brutality.

Whatever the case, that Cena-explosion definitely got my attention and I hope that the WWE follows through on that.

Yeah that guy was the nice kid's hero that IWC was bitching about.It's not the first time we see this side of John Cena we have seen couple of times before and I find it actually more entertaining than his comedy promos.It's again the proof of how good worker Cena is on mic.People in IWC may still find Cena's kid friendly,nice promos boring and stupid.But it doesn't matter this guy can bring intensity when it's needed this guy can be foul mouthed when he is supposed to do and this guy can make kid friendly comedy promos if he is supposed to do.So it's again the proof of how good worker Cena is.

A new John Cena? Really? I don't see that much of a difference but some small changes. I'm glad that they are slowly dropping the lame comedy/goody two shoes/U.S Marine Cena gimmick and turning him into something that teenagers want to see. And I admit that the Additude RKO was a sick move. Probably one of the best I've seen in a long time. Cena really didn't have any good feuds going for him, which is surprising because he's the top star. But now that he's back we're going to see yet another Orton, HHH, Cena saga. And I'm kind of disappointed in that. I felt as if they could have done a lot more with Cena than to just throw him into a storyline that doesn't concern him. But I just hope he keeps this new ''persona'' and stays out of this Orton HHH feud. Kind of like back in the old days. When their was a hell lot of Main Eventers Vince would rotate the feuds around and put some people in the upper midcard. I hope that happens to one of those three guys next.

Um, this wasn't even slightly different. Cena always brings the intensity when the time calls for it, and someone has to carry Orton towards a big match situation. There have been a lot of layers added and taken off of Cena's character throughout his career, but the intensity he brought on Monday has been there since day one.

Um, this wasn't even slightly different. Cena always brings the intensity when the time calls for it, and someone has to carry Orton towards a big match situation. There have been a lot of layers added and taken off of Cena's character throughout his career, but the intensity he brought on Monday has been there since day one.

It has been there, but what I think people might be trying to say is, that they hope this intensity stays at the forefront more ya know. That is stays projected like it was. I would like to see that. Yes he's always been intense, but his intensity really has produced itself like that in a while, so it'd be cool if it sticks around. I like this Cena, it is a bit of a change for him and it'll be a good change. Even extreme do-gooders, have a few chinks in the armor, maybe they'll play at the fact Orton can expose those chinks, get inside Cena's head. That'd be cool.

I don't think it's a big enough change to amount to anything, just a small dose of a change. I've always loved when Cena snaps and beats the shit out of everything around him. Him and Randy Orton for the WWE title last year, or 2007, whenever it was. When he got DQ'd for beating down RKO. That was great. Like I said, it's not enough to amount to a whole character change, or a heel turn, but hopefully they continue with it.

This by far is my favorite part of Cena's character. They should let him keep this character and run with it for a while. He could become the most dominating force in the WWE since Brock, but understanding creative and Vince they won't give that to us untill either Cena's sales drop, or someone else sells more merchandise than him.

Why would his sales drop, why is it always the domineering and unstoppable Heel??

Does anyone remember Goldberg, the fans went nuts for this man who was a FACE and could not be stopped. I would like to see a Cena who is a caged animal, he destroys people, runs through half of the roster and wins the belt as that aggressive person, all the while maintaining face status.

Give his character a heel edge without actually turning him heel.

And if you must keep the face image, just allow him to reiterate how it was hard work and perseverance that got him to the stage where he was the clear best in the world.

Kids would think he was awesome, we would get that change that the IWC so desperately wants from him, and Cena can have some fun without having to suck up to the fans every single night.

Just My Opinion

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back