NBA Thread - 2011-12

I disagree, well not on the Kobe taking alot of shots but I'll get onto that in a minute. Gasol and Bynum each are still taking 12/13 shots a game. Which is a terrific amount considering Kobe can still dominate a game. Why should we give them more touches when Kobe is getting 35+ a night and Gasol is having a bad year and Bynum has slowed down. You always gotta give it to your hot shooter and Kobe is doin' work.

If they are able to score by getting more touches, it takes more pressure of Kobe. Now, Kobe can handle it because, well he's Kobe. But getting Gasol and Bynum in is gonna help in the long run. As long as they are hitting their shots, of course.

As for Kobe taking too much shots, thats true, to an extent. He took 31 against Utah which is definately to many (if you only scored 40). But for Kobe to take anything less than 20 shots because we have guys like Pau (who is playing poorly) and Bynum (who I love but is inconsistent and should focus more on defense while Kobe is moving) is absurd. Lebron James still takes 20+ shots a game when he has Bosh and Wade on the team! Maybe if Kobe is not producing like he is now then it would be fine for Pau and Bynum to get some rhythm, but not the way Kobe is playing now.

James is still taking most of those shots early in the game. The game against the Warriors he didn't have a shot taken in the 4th, not something a superstar should do, and in the game against the Clip he missed his shots in OT, actually James, Wade, and Bosh combined to go 3-15 in the 4th and OT combined. Though 0-7 in OT between the three of them.

As far as Kobe taking less than 20 shots? Fat chance, as in their current winning streak he is getting up at least 26 shots. Or the team is unbeaten when he takes at least 26 shots. Not sure which stat is the one. But you can give them more touches and Kobe can still get his shots. He's Kobe, he will get his shots. It's just better if they actually make their shots and play hard. Potential conservation of energy at play, but still.

Bulls/Celtics tonight in Boston. Boston being under .500 at the current moment is a tad surprising, but their first few games were without Pierce. They are getting older, especially the Big Three, but they are still the Big Three. They will usually hit shots and do their thing. Rondo is still insane. They are hurting since the Perkins trade last year though. Doesn't matter who they have, his presence was a big key to the team.

No word on Rose as of yet to participate in the game tonight. Only thing according to Twitter is he is in the shootaround this morning. Could be a game-time decision. If it were up to D-Rose he would likely play. Dude is a gamer above all else. He just wants to win. John Lucas III almost had a triple-double in his first start ever, playing 46 minutes with 25, 8, 8 against the Wizards. Defense of Taj Gibson and Omer Asik played big roles in the game as they played the entire 4th quarter.

Boozer and Noah are struggling. Noah looks lost a little bit, not providing energy for the team, just out of sync with the game. Boozer is just doing his spot up shots and not really rolling to the basket. Not getting his boards. Potentially troublesome if they continue this way, but it's still only 12 games in.

I will be very impressed if Kobe can maintain the offensive output for the entirity of the season. At this pace it will be tough.

Kobe is like a man possessed right now. The Lakers have won 5 straight with Kobe averaging 39 ppg and shooting 49.7% from the field. He has gotten at least 40 points in the last three games. He is really turning back the clock right now and this is the Kobe LA needs to contend for a title.

You're a Pistons fan, right? Since when was Greg Monroe so good? He's been great the last couple of games. Also, I'm sorry you have to deal with Rodney Stuckey being overpayed and average.

Kobe Bryant wow. Another 40 point game, really? I'm not so happy about his game tonight though as he only had 3 assists and there were plenty of times he could of passed it off for an easy assist/2 but decided to get the 2 points himself. Oh well I guess sometimes you have to do it when your bench combines to only make 1 field goal the whole game! Pau Gasol had another good game with a double double and same with Bynum. People think Kobe is hogging the ball too much, well Bynum and Gasol are both averaging over 17 points a game so they are still getting their touches.

Good to see Miami lose another one, third straight and fourth for the season. I still don't want peole counting them out though, they are still definately the team to beat despite Rose carrying the Bulls to an 11-2 record. It's interesting to see who from the west will be meeting the Heat in the NBA finals.

You're a Pistons fan, right? Since when was Greg Monroe so good? He's been great the last couple of games.

He had a great second half last year and he seems to improve with every game. He is never going to be the number one guy on a championship team but he has a chance to make a Pau Gasol like impact. What makes it even better is that he is only 21 years old.

Also, I'm sorry you have to deal with Rodney Stuckey being overpayed and average.

Your condolences are appreciated. He used to produce for what he was getting paid but this year his contributions have decreased as his pay has increased.

Dwane Casey is really doing a great job In Toronto. Although it was a loss they played well last night.

Coach Casey is realky stressing defense and rebounding and from watching Raptors games they are really improving in both categories. The Raps are currently second in opposing FG % and just look better on the defensive side. Bargnani also looks like an all-star. I love Casey.

As thrilled as I am by the way Kobe's been playing I'd rather see a more balanced overall team effort as much as I hope KB24 can play like this for the rest of the season I worry that he might be exhausting himself to early in the season.

Okay Kobe is human, didn't play well against the Mavs which is weird cause the Lakers ended up winning off a clutch DFish 3.

Okay Kobe is human, didn't play well against the Mavs which is weird cause the Lakers ended up winning off a clutch DFish 3.

Didn't play well at all, but then again no one did. Both teams only scored 143 points combined. Pau Gasol had another horrible game but lucky Bynum came to play. Kobes shots just weren't falling today. Not to worry because 9 times out of 10 they will fall. He had 7 assists though which is good and he only went to the free throw line 1 time and I think he still had 17 points which is definately a good sign.

Whats up with Dwight but? He only took 6 shots tonight against the Knicks, a game where he should of tried to dominate for his team. He is definately having an off season and I blame it all on the media about what will happen next season.

Yeah the game yesturday was terrible tbh, no doubt Kobe's gonna come out next game even more aggressive and drop another 40+ points.

With Dwight I think he just doesn't wanna be there, he's either just waiting to be traded or waiting for his contract to expire because I've noticed this season his stats don't look to impressive and some games theyre really bad for him. Although I saw a couple games back he had 40+ points and 20+ rebounds, he shot some crazy number of free throws but other then that game nothing great.

I don't know what it is, but no matter who Lebron is playing for and with he always seems to beat the Lakers. I can only recall us beating him once in the last 4 years. Although I think it would be a different story in the finals. Kobe had another poor shooting night going 8-21 with 24 points. He had 7 assists and 3 steals though which is good. Pau finally game to play with 26 points and 8 boards and Bynum had another solid night with 15 and 12. Lebron had a good game with 31, 8 and 8. I really don't how he does it when he has 2 great defenders in Barnes and Artist always on him and even at times Kobe is guarding him! He is definately a beast.

Other stories that a worth talking about are the Utah Jazz. They are like the Giant killers this season. Mislap is having a wondeful season and it looks like Al Jefferson has settled down and become more of a force like he was with the Timberwolves. Also Deron Williams has been around L.A the last couple of days and has said that the Lakers have always wanted him. Maybe a trade could happen? I hope it doesn't because I would rather pick him up free agency but maybe we need him to tackle Miami.

Lakers with a third straight loss is definately disheartning. To be fair they have come up against 3 quality teams that could make some noise in the East but they should of atleast won two of those matches. It's a hard situation to be in for Kobe Bryant. On one hand he is dominating and keeping his team competing relatively well and still getting Bynum and Gasol atleast 12-13 shots a game. On the other hand Gasol is struggling a lot and might need more touches to get his flow back again, and Bynum is an up and comer and would definately do well with more shots. We also need another 3 point threat as we in last in the league for 3 point %. It will help when Blake is back but apart from him we don't really have anyone. I know for a fact that if we get our 3 point % up then we can win a lot more games and compete in the West once again.

Watching Jeremy Lin light up the Lakers is a lot of fun. He's quick and seems to have a good shot. I am curious to see how well he would do defending better guards than Fisher and Blake. It should also be interesting to see if he can play with Melo and Amare when they come back. The thing that is most impressive about him is his ability to beat a guy, drive and hit shots over big guys like Gasol and Bynum.

If I had to say he reminded me of anyone, I would say Nash, except not nearly as good. But who knows what playing under D'antoni could do for him.

Damn, Lin just torched the Lakers and scored more than Kobe. Kobe's gotta be impressed. You also gotta love the kid. He was patient, and when his time came, he rose to the occasion and took that starting spot from Shumpert. The last four games, he's been averaging 28.5 PPG, 8.0 APG, and close to almost two steals a game. Pretty good from a nobody-turned star in New York. Good for him. I hope he shines in New York. I don't think he's a bust, he came, and he's here to stay.

Are you on the Jeremy Lin bandwagon?

Another win for the Knicks. Lin with another decent game with his 20 points, 8 assists, and 3 steals. But Shumpert stole the show tonight with his play off the bench. The entire team played pretty good with some balanced scoring. Looks like Lin's play as of late has inspired his Knick teammates.

And good seeing the Target Center filled up the way it was tonight. Their T'Wolves are no pushovers, but they just came up short tonight. Both teams played well.

Damn, Lin just torched the Lakers and scored more than Kobe. Kobe's gotta be impressed. You also gotta love the kid. He was patient, and when his time came, he rose to the occasion and took that starting spot from Shumpert. The last four games, he's been averaging 28.5 PPG, 8.0 APG, and close to almost two steals a game. Pretty good from a nobody-turned star in New York. Good for him. I hope he shines in New York. I don't think he's a bust, he came, and he's here to stay.

Are you on the Jeremy Lin bandwagon?

I'm not sold yet. I watched the Lakers vs Knicks game yesterday and was really impressed by the kid. He had confidence in his shot and driving ability and really knew what he was doing out there. He did make a few rash decisions but he is young so thats acceptable. However wait till he plays with two players that can actually score in Melo and STAT. The rest of the team aren't even offensive weapons so somebody has to take offense and he is doing just that.

I think he will be more of a Darren Collison. Collison set the Hornets assist record while Paul was out injured and was helping the Hornets win! I think he averaged 21 and 10 while Paul was injured which was amazing for a rookie however since he got traded to Pacers he hasn't lived up to his potential because now there is other people on the team that can help him win, where as at Hornets he was expected to help the offense.

So yes it will be interesting to see how Lin performs with Melo and STAT back.

The rest of the team aren't even offensive weapons so somebody has to take offense and he is doing just that.

The best thing to happen to Lin is the two main guys being out at the same time he's trying to assert himself. Of course, this isn't to be confused with the worst thing that ever happened to him.....which occurs when they get back.

The whole dynamic of the team changes when 'Melo and Stoudemire return, as Lin won't have the option of making the decisions a point guard should be making; instead, he'll be instructed by the coach to defer to the two stars, thereby changing the chemistry of the whole team (particularly the offense, since 'Melo and Stoudemire rarely bother with defense).

Pro basketball is a sport like no other. I remember the All-Star game during Kobe Bryant's rookie year, in which he took over the game with shooting and fancy moves. Afterwards, Karl Malone and a couple of other veterans were complaining that Kobe shouldn't have been shooting so much.....what he should have been doing was showing "respect" to the veterans (which, I suppose meant Kobe should have been passing up open shots to feed the big guys). That the straight media seemed to take this seriously showed what a prima donna sport they were covering.

So, Lin's day in the sun lasts only until the big kids get out of school, at which point the kid will be shunted to the sideline, Oh, he'll still play, but the coach will instruct him to feed the big guys rather than find ways to win games.

At least it's been a fun few games.

Tonight we saw Jeremy Lin the true point guard. I hope that this is how he continues to play on as 'Melo gets back in the mix. I never knew that Lin was a great a passer as he displayed tonight. Those alley-oop dunks to Chandler reminded me of CP3 lobbing the ball to Chandler when they both played in New Orleans. I'm real excited for this Knicks team and I now believe that once 'Melo come, only good things can happen for the Knicks.

Also, I have a new thread in the Book This! section where I book the Lakers to be a dynasty once again. You might wanna check that out.

I for one am really disappointed in this years dunk contest. Apart from Paul George you don't really see any stand out dunkers. Sure they other 3 have shown a glimpse of what they can do but they don't do it consistenly enough like the previous year guys aka Griffin, Dwight, Ibaka, Iggy etc etc. Surely there is some guys that want to do the dunk contest that show us consistenly of their athletic ability an nasty jams.

Anywho a trade rumour has come up for Rondo and the Celtics yet again. It is claimed that the Celtics and Lakers are in trade talks for Rondo for Gasol. I think it wouldn't be enough and Celtics would look for a young player like Morris or Goudelock as well but it still looks promising. Gasol has had a good year (statistic wise) but looks like he isn't playing with any energy out there. Lakers have always need a point guard so us having Rondo would be perfect. Imagine how easy Kobe would score and all the Alley oops to Bynum! Please, oh please happen!

Now I don't know if this should've been in a separate thread but anyway. I wanted to know who everyone's favorite team is and why? Mine are the LA Lakers. As I grew up, I only saw the later days of Michael Jordan and after the highlights I saw of him in his prime, he was pretty damn good. Now the only player that can compare to him is Kobe Bryant, thus making the Lakers my favorite team. They were a dynasty back in the early 00's with Shaq being a beast down in the post.

So yeah, Kobe is the main reason why I like the Lakers. Might be stupid, might not be but that's my choice. So yeah, answer away! :D

mine used to be the bulls when jordan and pippen were there, then the t-wolves when marbury and KG were there. but now its the celtics since i like KG (my fave player), Rondo (who isn't going anywhere amist reports the celtics want to trade him), Allen and Pierce.

dont think they can beat the Heat or Bulls this year but they will contend

Kobe Bryant again has shown why he should be the MVP of the league this season. Despite his injury, it seems Kobe has been playing even better. He went off for 38 points tonight. His tenacity and aggressiveness seemed to have rubbed off on his teammates tonight. Just look at Ron Artest, or wait, Metta World Peace, he scored 15 points, pretty good production from the SF position. You see, you take away Kobe from this team and I don't think they'd be as good as Miami. If you take away Lebron from the Heat, you still have Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh. So tonight, we've just witnessed another instance of why Kobe should be the MVP this season.

Kobe Bryant again has shown why he should be the MVP of the league this season. Despite his injury, it seems Kobe has been playing even better. He went off for 38 points tonight. His tenacity and aggressiveness seemed to have rubbed off on his teammates tonight. Just look at Ron Artest, or wait, Metta World Peace, he scored 15 points, pretty good production from the SF position. You see, you take away Kobe from this team and I don't think they'd be as good as Miami. If you take away Lebron from the Heat, you still have Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh. So tonight, we've just witnessed another instance of why Kobe should be the MVP this season.

While I love Kobe and would love him to get another MVP like he deserves, I just can't see him beating Lebron. Lebron is definately trying to prove something this year and is doing it on the court. Look at his game a couple of days ago. He had 35 points, 11 rebounds, 6 assists, 5 steals and NO turnovers. Those stats with no turnovers is ridiculous. Also, while I love to hate on Bron, he is just easily on a whole nother level this season. He is better, smarter, stronger and faster it looks like out there. His shooting efficiency is awesome and he is shooting like a third of his threes attempts this year compared to last. If Heat stay top seed he will get it. However Kobe has been having his best season since probably his MVP year, so if Lakers can make it up there then I can see him being very close to that award as well.

I don't follow specific teams, rather I follow teams that play well (glory hunter!) and also teams where my current favourite players are playing. My favourite teams right now are the Timberwolves because of all the young talent there and the Knicks because of Jeremy Lin. And any team playing against the Heat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back